The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

1The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Faline all but cowered at the back of the great hall. She hated meetings. They were often times full of loud angry men who had a tendency to throw things. This night was no different. The entire village had shown up, despite the raging storm outside. Every man from every family was there, shouting to be heard over the next.
Her father, the Jarl, was seated at the head of it all, one long leg draped over his ornate throne. For a while he remained silent, his eyes not one the villagers, but going from the young woman hiding under one of the tables near the door to her sister who sat on top of it, holding onto a rather heavy broad sword. He shook his head at both of them. 
Oalf sighed heavily and held up a hand to silence the crowd. "I am fully aware of the danger we now face from the outlanders. And I am aware that those who cross our borders are far from human. However, I am not sure if we warrant help from out bordering villages. If we decide to seek help, we will need to go to the king. But...he is a bartering man. I am not sure we have anything he will find worthy enough..."

31The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

There was a dark chuckle from the far side of the cell. "Fair enough. I would have said the same." The voice replied, shifting ever so slightly so that the chains on her wrists moved on their own. "What are you in here for? Take a piece of cheese from one of the king's concubines? That's a death sentence I hear."

"The gods bless you." Faline breathed, looking up at the man who had just freed her from her most unusual prison. "I was pretty sure I was either being eaten by that stupid dress or turning into a swan!"

32The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Almost... I stabbed one of those bottom feeder guards." Cessily replied, a little disgruntled that her wrists were held level with her head as her cell mate moved.

"My money is on the latter." Lucian breathed, almost speechless as he finally got a good look at Faline's face. "Care to tell me why that vile woman you were with stabbed one of my men?"

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

33The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's all? My, my. They are really lowering the standards these days." The dark voice purred. "Just accosting a guard? Tell me, how did a little girl like you get away with something like that? And why?" Her cellmate moved again, this time pulling the chains above her head. 

"To be fair, it was the man who was vile. Not my sister." Faline said, shaking her head. It took her a moment to realize what he had said and then she was blushing. "Oh gods...you said my men..." She nearly sent them both tumbling to the ground as she fought her gown to bow to her king. "Your majesty. I am so sorry I did not show you proper respect..."

34The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:33 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily was scowling as her hands were lifted up above her head. "None of your danm business." She growled. Beneath her chest plate, the young woman had been wearing only the bindings that covered her breasts, which meant now that she was without her armour she felt the cold damp air more than she usually would. "Let me guess, you're here because you tried to kill the king?" She snorted, the chains rattling as she began fidgeting again.

The king laughed quietly and gestured for Faline to rise, at least as best she could. "However, it does have me wondering how that woman can be the sister of a divine creature such as yourself?" He mused, again looking Faline over. "Are you certain she isn't a hired sword?"

35The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Trying is not the word I would use." Her cellmate purred. He gave a soft grunt, the chains jingling as he rubbed at his neck. "Seems like you and I are in the torture chamber for the same reason. More or less..." He chuckled. After a moment her chains released some slack and she was able to lower her arms. "Such a display of skin, kitten. It's sinful." 

"Oh yes. If she were just a hired sword I wouldn"t have had to put up with so many tortures from her as a child. Namely the various mice down my dresses through the years." Faline said softly, not sure she should be speaking so openly now that she knew this man was the king. "Sire...if I may...we came here to speak to you...your men were being most cruel. Cessily was defending herself."

Last edited by mjrahabim on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

36The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:07 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily's eyes hadn't adjusted to the low level of light quite as well, and couldn't see as well as her cell mate obviously could. Once her arms were lowered enough, she made an effort to at least try and cover her exposed abdomen over. "It isn't for your benefit, I assure you." She growled. "They took my armour."

The king seemed somewhat amused by this. "All eye witnesses claim she first assaulted the guard, then stabbed him unprovoked." He informed Faline. "How am I to believe that that filthy creature is the sister of one such as yourself?"

37The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I saw." Her cell mate confirmed. "You really should invest in better armor, you know. What you have is not up to the current threat of the land." He again rose to stretch, though it didn't cost her much room on the chains. "That stuff looked as if came from the borderlands. They couldn't craft to save their lives." 

"All eye witnesses stole our vegetables and let loose our prize heifers." Faline said softly. She was quick to duck her head in shame. "Forgive me, sire. I shouldn't have said that." She took a moment to take in a breath, fighting to keep herself brave like her sister. "She is my sister. We are the children of the borderland Jarl Olaf. He sent you a letter and gifts...hoping for your protection from the outlanders that are crossing into our villages. The man my sister stabbed refused to let us see you. He called her terrible names and accosted her. It was not unprovoked. I will swear in the temple of the gods that this is so."

38The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily could see a little better now her eyes were adjusting, and could just about make out the outline of the man as he stretched like a jungle cat. "Have you even been to the borderlands?" She asked defensively. "You strike me as the kind of coward who can't even bring himself to leave the gilded cage of the kings city!"

"Gifts, you say?" The king asked as he lounged lazily upon his throne, well aware that Faline herself was the gift she spoke of. "What gift would persuade me into sacrificing valuable man power to the borderlands?"

39The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Oh I've been further than that." The man told her, revealing to her a rather large shadow. "I usually don't stay there long. Your kind doesn't interest me too much. Far too weak and useless. Your crops are hardly worth stealing, much less burning." He added with a chuckle. "Let's not even get started on your women." 

"You know..." Faline nervously spread her fingers over the ridiculous looking fabric, hoping to keep them from shaking under the king's honey colored gaze. If the dress weren't so heavy she might have gotten up and turned to run. "Our finest crops and prized livestock. Things that could be used during a feast..."

40The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily dragged herself to her own feet now, taking his insult rather personal, even if it had always been a rather sore point that she looked nothing like the other women of the borderlands. "No self respecting woman would let you anywhere near her!" She hissed.

"Child, does it look like we are starving?" Lucian chuckled, his gaze watching the movements of those slender fingers carefully. "I sincerely hope you have more than a few crops to barter with..."

41The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I have never been told that one before." Her cellmate said softly, shaking his head. "But then again, you are not a self respecting woman, are you?" He asked her, purring like a well fed tiger. 

"My father was also hoping you had need for another...concubine." Faline said softly, her bouncing blonde curls tumbling into her face as she dropped her head. She suddenly couldn't find herself able to meet his warm eyes.

42The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily's green eyes practically glowed in the dim light when he said that to her. "I have more self respect than you!" She hissed, though her pale cheeks were burning furiously.

"Lovely, I think your father was hoping to send you to my father, I myself have no need of concubines." Lucian breathed, his tone rather gentle. "While they were not mistreated, I feel it rather demeaning to keep a woman as a mere toy to satisfy myself with. I would grow tired of such creatures very quickly."

43The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No one is denying that. Which means there is very little morality for the two of us to has to worry about." Her cell mate said. "Now tell me something else. I hear you arrived with a carriage full of feathers. What was that about? Hiding something?"

Faline's resolve faultered and ever so slightly her shoulders slumped. Her hope for saving her people was dying with every word he spoke. She didn't want to beg but she really didn't know what else to do. "I can cook, your highness... My father says I make excellent ale... Surely I could have some use to you...even in exchange for a handful of men still in training..." Even as she said it she knew how outrageous it sounded. One tiny women in exchange for soldiers? Only a fool would except something like that.

44The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily moved forward as best she could, even more suspicious of this stranger. "How would you know what I arrived here with?" She asked thinly.

Lucian was smiling, though it was in no way meant to mock Faline. "You would willfully hand yourself over to a man you have never met, all at your fathers request?" He asked, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. "What if I suggested an alternative deal?"

45The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Giving away my secrets would ruin the fun." again he pulled on the chains, again forcing her arms up over her head. "Now tell me. What was the carriage of feathers for?"

Faline wasn't sure what to say about it. Her father had drilled into her what to say and how to say it. This was not at all what he'd prepared her for. "As you wish, sire..."

46The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily was effectively at this mans mercy when it came to how far she could move. It didn't matter that his chain was around his neck, he was much stronger than she was. "I will tell you nothing!" She spat, though continued to try and pull on the chain.

"I would assume even a jarls daughter from the borderlands knows of the frozen kingdom in the north?" Lucian asked coolly.

47The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It must be something important to you." Her cell mate grunted, giving the chain another pull to lessen the strain on himself. "That makes this even more fun." He chuckled. "A dowry perhaps? Were you trying to offer yourself to the king in exchange for protection?" 

"I've heard of a fairy tale." Faline said with a soft sigh. She was beginning to feel so defeated. She'd failed her sister and father and now her entire village. How could she live with herself after this? "My mother used to tell us of the icy queen who lived there and of the men who went to find her and never returned. Is that the one you mean?" She didn't really feel much like talking about fairy tales when her family's lives were at stake.

48The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily scoffed at the very idea of this and rolled her moss coloured eyes. "You can see me, you really think the king would want me when no one in my own village did?" She had let that little piece of hurt slip without meaning to.

"That's the one, only you left out the part about the dragons." Lucian purred, his honey eyes seeming almost gold for a brief moment. "It is said that the reason no man returns is for that very reason; being a man. That, and dragons protect the supposedly sleeping land. I propose a trade, of sorts. I will send help to your village, if the woman you say is your sister goes to the northern kingdom for me. I want her to bring me a dragon egg. If she is successful, I would accept your first offer with one exception; you would be my queen, not my concubine."

49The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It's not always looks, kitten." Her cellmate said gruffly. "Attitude can take you a very long way." He gave the chains a jerk and she was forced to stumble back until her body touched his own. Why as inside is far more important than what's out."

"No." Faline was already shaking her head. The more the king spoke the more she was convinced he was insane. "I will ask my sister to go hunt for something that isn't real. You, sir, have list your mind."

50The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily couldn't find her balance quick enough, and had no choice but to lean against this man as her pulled on the chains again. Part of her even wondered if he was a prisoner at all, instead just here as part of her torture. "If you could see my sister, you would see that looks a large part of it." She breathed, finally giving up what had been in the carriage.

"Well then, you are free to return to you village." Lucian replied with a simple shrug. "However, your sister committed a very serious crime, and will not be joining you."

51The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Then perhaps I need to see her for myself." Her cell mate breathed. "If she is as beautiful as you say, the father are enough for me." 

"There is not much incentive for my village." Faline said softly. "What will they do until we return. The borderlands are being attacked now, sire. The outlanders will not wait for Cessily to come home."

52The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You are in here, she is out there. That isn't happening." Cessily replied thinly.

"My my, impatient little creature aren't you? You wish for instant gratification?" Lucian asked with a smirk.

53The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You might want to rethink that. Considering the man who sits on the throne now isn't really the king." He said darkly. "Lucian is a magician. The best of his trade. He did the thing that magicians do and the king disappeared. No one even remembers that he is gone. It's like he never existed at all." Her call mate said bitterly. "You and your carriage of feathers have walked right into a trap."

"I do." Faline said, not catching the double meaning. "My village needs help and that's why I let them force me into this stupid dress...your majesty." She added, forceful yet not. "I will not agree to anything until I am sure that they will be okay."

54The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily seemed to sag slightly. "That sounds about right..." She muttered. "How do you remember then?" She asked, her green eyes looking up at him again curiously.

"I already gave you my words that if your sister succeeds, then you shall have the aid you require." Lucian replied with a smile. "I can't very well sent my troops marching over there, only to have her return with nothing!"

55The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Her cell mate grunted, Cessily's slender body sliding suggestively against his own. It had been a long time since he'd been near a woman. This was hell in a way that Lucian couldn't have devised it. "I don't know. I don't even know what he looked like or remember his name. All I know is that I killed him. Or at least that's what Lucian told me." 

"Your promise of things to come is not enough." Faline said, wondering where her burst of courage had come from. "My people are dying every day. Who knows how long it will take us to reach the kingdom and bring you back a stupid egg!" She shouted, surging to her feet. "By the time we found it they could be dead and our sacrifice would be for no one's gain but yours. I will not agree to anything if there is nothing in it for me, your majesty."

56The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily didn't shrink away in fear as much delicate little women may have at the thought of being trapped in here with a murderer. "You don't remember if you killed him or not?" She asked, thinking over everything he had told her. "How long have you been in here?" She asked, unaware of the effect she herself was having on this poor man.

"You misunderstand, I would not be allowing you to go with your sister." Lucian corrected. "You would stay here with me, lest anything happen to you out there in the wilds." He added. "How about a compromise? I will sent some men to your village, and if your sister returns, I will sent an entire company of soldiers?"

57The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Two weeks." The gruff voice whispered. He inclined his head to her, unable to really help himself. "As far as I can remember." He added, turning his head so that she was forced even closer.

Faline seemed to think this over, picking at the beads in her ugly dress. "I'm going with my sister. What you want is an egg. Not me. I will bore you, my lord. I'm sure of it."

58The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cessily had no choice but to press her slender hands to the mans chest as she was forced to stumble forward again. "And this is the best torture they have for you, to be stuck here with me?"

"I let you go with your sister, and what is to stop the two of you disappearing, knowing even a few armed men will be there to protect your village?" Lucian questioned.

59The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"If you want to put it that way, kitten." The man breathed. "As a matter of fact it is the best torture they've thought of so far." He purred, moving his head so that she was again allowed some space to move. "You are not as hideous as you seem to think." 

"What am I going to do here while my sister is out fighting dragons?" Faline asked, already ashamed of herself for the way she'd been daring to speak to the king. "I will worry myself sick about her."

60The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kindgom of Heaven and Hell Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cession was again blushing, obviously not accustomed to such attention. "And I think maybe you have been alone in the dark too long." She countered.

"You will help me get to know you." Lucian replied simply, getting to his feet and holding his hand out for Faline's. "But first, how about we get you out of that hideous dress? It makes it quite obvious you have come from the borderlands."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum