Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

121 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 pm

"I don't eat much. I was conditioned to go for days without it. But my system can handle just about anything. Except varen..." She poked her head out of the closet and made a face. "Pyjack isn't so great either."

"Stupid quarian. I warned you." Padik hissed as he jerked her further away from Jared. "Go now, human. Before I change my mind." 
Jared was looking at Ceres, trying to decide what to do. His hand was resting on his blaster. "I'm not going to let you hurt the Turian. Don't think I will." He hissed. "He's my charge. You talk to him and he'll leave with me. Same as my mate."

View user profile

122 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:16 pm

"Maybe that's why you're so scrawny." Golias snorted as he ripped open one of the packets.

"Brother, we are losing control here!" Jarok hissed. "Let him keep the Turian, once we have what we need. It is of no loss to us."

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

123 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 pm

"I am not." Lolly came out of the closet, poking out her flat stomach through her white uniform. "I am the size I'm supposed to be. I can't help it that you're abnormally large." She muttered, poking her tongue out at him. She moved to another closet and opened it, pulling out blasters and turian armor. "There. Is that good enough for you to agree to protect me?" 

"Fine." Padik looked the three of them over and smiled. He was going to kill them all anyway. Why not pretend to be nice. "Whatever makes you happy, brother. Now go, human. You are wasting my time."

View user profile

124 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Golias cast a glance to the bodies again when Lolly offered up the armour and weapons. "Kid, It really doesn't look like you need protection from anything..."

"No!" Ceres screeched. If she prided herself on one thing, it was her gut feeling, and right then it was telling her not to let Jared our of her sight. "He's injured, the Turian isn't. How do you expect him to perform his usual task of keeping the beast in check?"

125 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:10 pm

"I didn't do that." Lolly said, the armor sagging in her hands. "Well...maybe one of them...but not all...The ones hanging...they did that to themselves. I..." Her face fell and she nodded her head. "Okay. Go. It's fine. I'm okay alone. I'm used to it." 

Padik simply smiled at her. "You don't know much about handlers, do you?" He chuckled, fishing a cigarette that he'd stolen from Jared's pocket out of his own and lighting it. "You really are on your pilgrimage aren't you?"

View user profile

126 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Golias inwardly groaned. Why did he even care? But for some reason he wanted to help this young woman. "So, let us say I get you safely out of here, what then? Where will you go?"

Ceres snarled at Padik again, more than anything she hated other looking down on her simply for being young. "He is my... Mate, I think I know him a little better than you, bug eyes!"

127 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 pm

"I don't know. What's good? I was think something with cotton candy. And maybe a waterfall." Her nose made another impish wrinkle. "A chocolate waterfall." She added with a nod. "And then maybe I'll go to an island and go fishing."

"I am not a fool, suit rat. I know he isn't yours." Padik said, blowing smoke at her head piece. "You'd just better hope he doesn't decide to save himself and turn tale. A handler is only trained to care for their charge. His is the Turian. Not you, dear heart."

View user profile

128 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Golias couldn't help the laughter that escaped him right then. The kind of place Lolly described wasn't something a battle hardened Turian like him could even imagine. "Cotton... Candy?" He echoed, thinking maybe it was a malfunction with the translator.

Ceres seemed to deflate slightly, knowing it wasn't exactly believable that a human like Jared would take a little suit rat like her as a mate anyway. "I don't need some human to protect me, least of all from one of your kind."

129 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Lolly smiled, her hands making strange motions. Then all at once she stopped. "If you want to find out then you'll have to come with me, won't you?" She couldn't help herself. She was enchanted by his laugh. 

"You can try, little one." Padik said, flicking the used cigarette at her. "I promise you will regret it with whatever short life you have remaining."

View user profile

130 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:57 am

"I guess so." Golias mused. "We still have a problem, however, those salarians seemed pretty adamant about finding something down here. Is there another way out?"

"I promise you, your life will end before mine." Ceres vowed darkly, seeming a different person from the sweet young woman who had watched over Jared as he lay unconscious.

131 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Lolly shook her head. "I suppose we'll have to destroy this place place and then the Salarians." She said with a sigh. "If they're looking for me then they know too much. I can't risk them finding this or..." She paused, her small fingers sliding over her bare arms. 

Padik chuckled at this and turned away from her. "I'm going to have more fun killing you, little Quarian, than I will my own brother. I can't wait. Let's hope your hero doesn't keep us in suspense for too long."

View user profile

132 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:03 pm

"The people who kept you here, were they all human?" Golias asked curiously. "If they were, it does raise the serious question of how word got to the salarians."

"I think you have things backward, little man." Ceres purred. "I am in no need of a hero, least of all a human."

133 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:20 pm

"There were funders that were not human. I know of a Turian that would come and wake us up but he didn't get us out of the tanks. He just looked at us." Lolly shrugged. She was going around the room, pulling things off shelves and stuffing them in bags. "Why is it a problem?"

Padik didn't speak as he watched the darkness where Jared had gone. He kept his back to his brother, tapping his blaster on his knee.

View user profile

134 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Golias shook his head, though it was still lost in thought. "Why would aliens fund a human project like this? Why use only humans? Wouldn't Asari make a better choice?"

Jadok was still wringing his fingers nervously. He hadn't taken his eyes off Ceres since Jared had left, whether it was out of an interest in her, or a fear of her, was unclear. "Brother... How long do we wait for the human to return?"

135 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 pm

"Humans have more flexible systems. That's what the Salarian said that came to observe...oh I'd forgotten about him." Lolly paused and smiled. "What's more, we weren't working with biotics. That was another program. Ours had more to do with technicals. The biotics were a bonus...wait...why are you asking so many questions?"

"Not long. I am going to kill her long before he returns." Padik said, looking over his shoulder at his brother. "Why are you so worried about this? Ladok, I already told you things are fine. We will come home heroes. You will see."

View user profile

136 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Golias grinned again. "You noticed that, huh?" He mused. "I need to know who, and what, I'm supposed to be protecting."

Ceres wasn't saying anything, and not really moving that much as this exchange between siblings was taking place. "Are you sure that's wise?" The younger alien breathed. "Can't we at least take her faceplate off first? I want to see what a suit rat really looks like!"

137 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:08 pm

"I already told you all that." Lolly snapped, giving him a dark look as she began to pack another bag. "You didn't believe me the first time anyway." She tossed the first bag his way, her silver eyes narrowed. 
"Golias!" Outside the walls Jared's shout was echoing in the darkness. He was picking up on the trail.

"You can see it when she's dead!" Padik roard, holding up long fingers as Jared's voice echoed back to them. "Get on your omni tool and find me information on a Turian called Golias."

View user profile

138 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Golias caught the bag and narrowed his eyes right back at Lolly. "I asked the questions because it was stuff I wanted to know, princess. Don't get pissy with me just because you finally got me believin'!" He hissed, tossing the bag back at Lolly to reach for his gun when he heard Jared's voice.

"Dead isn't the same." The younger brother puttered before bowing his head to tap things into his omni tool.
While the brothers were arguing, Ceres had called up her drone on her own omni tool and discretely sent it in the direction Jared had gone. It had instructions to play back the parts of the conversation where Padik had claimed he was going to kill her.

139 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Lolly caught the bag without even looking at it. She dropped it beside her as she kept tossing rations into the bag she had in her free hand. "Don't worry about him. He'll hear the voice and end up like the others if he comes too close." She said softly. "And I'm not a what. I'm just Lolly." 
"Golias...we need to talk." Jared wasn't yelling anymore. He was merely raising his voice. He was very close now.

View user profile

140 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Golias had spent enough time being 'handled' by Jared to notice the different tones to his voice. This one seemed almost desperate, like he finally realised not everything was within his control. "You could have asked him to help you, you know. He loves to play hero to cute girls."

141 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Lolly had gone still, almost like she was frozen. Her head was turned halfway toward the sound of Jared's voice, her eyes all but glowing in the low lighting. "He is human and weak." She said woodenly, her voice taking on that machine like tone. "He is not as large as you." 
"G-Golias..." Jared grunted, right outside the door now. "W-we need to talk. Please. Things are...We are....I..." He was stuttering, as if he were having a hard time finding the right words.

View user profile

142 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:42 pm

"He's smarter than me though." Golias conceded as he pushed away from the table he was leaning against. "Stay here, keeping packing and don't make a sound." He instructed, more than a little on edge at the tone her voice had taken. "You're half dead, that's what." Golias snorted when he came across Jared. "You still hunting me, even down here?"

143 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Jared was holding his head, grimacing as if he were in the throws of a major headache. "G-Golias!" He ground out. "We are getting out of here...we missed the transport....we have to go...I'm not playing this game of hide and seek with you...again." He added with a growl.

View user profile

144 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:58 pm

"I'm not leaving, not with you." Golias informed Jared, folding his arms across his powerful chest. "You couldn't drag a Volus anywhere right now, least of all me." He sneered. "Was that all you had to say? Go back to your suit rat, it's probably dying without you."

145 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 pm

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jared said, his hand resting on his blaster. "You know how this works, Golias. You are leaving with me. We are...." He stopped speaking, leaning back against the wall beside the door. "Do you hear that?" He asked, his voice almost too soft to be heard. "The whispers...they're so loud..."

View user profile

146 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Golias didn't react, though he did wish to smile. He couldn't believe Lolly had been exactly right about what would happen. "Go home, Jared, while you still can." He sneered, already turning away from the other man.

147 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:12 pm

"Golias." Jared was feeling as if his head was going to explode. He grabbed for the turian's wrist, just barely catching it before he got too far. "You won't survive don't here. You have to know that. They'll kill you. Whatever those salarians want...they'll use you to get it. You are better than that. Let's go..." All at once he let go of the large turian and threw back his head, a roar of pain escaping him. 
Lolly was standing in the shadows just beyond the open door, her silver eyes flaming. There was no trace of the impish grin that once stole over her face. She looked like a monster, cruel and uncaring.

View user profile

148 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Though Jared was essentially the one who kept his freedom from him, Golias didn't have much desire to see him suffer. "Lolly!" He roared. "I told you to stay out of sight!"

149 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:27 pm

"Huh?" Lolly blinked a few times, turning her head toward Golias as Jared dropped to his knees. She looked confused as to how she'd even gotten there. "I..." All at once her eyes went wide and she made a run for him, diving behind him as the drone spun into the space between the human man and the turian. 
     Jared was taking in several deep breaths, the voices in his head blessedly gone. The drone was playing the footage of Padik and his threats over and over again as he got slowly to his feet. "Bastard. I knew it." He muttered. "Tell her I'm coming and to stall them." He told the drone, waiting until it spun away to turn back to Golias. "Seriously? A human? You're protecting a little bitty girl? What did she offer you?"

View user profile

150 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:49 am

Golias smiled at Jared, though it was rather heartbreaking. "Freedom." Like any animal, that was all he had ever wanted. "Get out of here, Jared. You won't get a second chance, I promise you that." He added before turning to pull Lolly along side him. "Do you even hear a word I say?" He muttered.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum