Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

151 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:45 pm

"It doesn't work like that, Golias, and you know it." Jared said, his blaster out and pointing at the large turian's back. "We're all leaving here together and we're doing it now. I'm tired of playing the nice guy here. Do you hear me?" 
Beside him, Lolly had stopped walking and gone stiff. Once again her eyes had begun to give off a moonlight glow. "No one is nice." She whispered, her tone mechanical.

View user profile

152 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Golias didn't move, though he was watching Lolly rather than Jared. "You know, boy, you should be careful who you point that thing at. Seems some people might take offence."

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

153 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 pm

"Who? The little girl?" Jared growled, gritting his teeth. "Don't play mind games with me, Golias. It's not going to get you out of this situation. Not this time. I've had enough. I will deem you un..." He didn't get the rest of the words out, his head beginning to feel like it was tearing apart.

View user profile

154 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm

"That's your species problem." Golias sneered, finally turning to watch Jared in his pain. "Go ahead, judge her, say she's no threat." He added, even though he himself had called Lolly a little girl many times.

155 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

"Golias you're not...listening to me..." Jared ground out. "They will kill you if they find you...you are out of chances. Burn the...bridge with...me and..."
Lolly turned her head toward Golias, a strange look in her eyes that was not at all cruel. "Who are they?" She asked him softly. "Are they like the ones the wanted to hurt us? I won't let them. I promise. We have a deal."
Jared was again leaning against the wall, gasping for breath as if someone had been stomping his brains out. "What the hell is she talking about?" He asked softly.

View user profile

156 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:30 pm

"Nothing. Let everything burn, why stop at the bridges?" Golias breathed. "Jared, get out before you put that bullet meant for me through your own skull." He added, resting a hand lightly on Lolly's shoulder.

157 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Jared could barely breathe when the hand hold his gun came up and the muzzle rested against his temple. He wasn't controlling it and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't let go. "Golias, don't do this." He said softly. "I never hurt you. I never let any one else do it either. You know that. It won't change. We have to go."

View user profile

158 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 pm

"Jared..." Golias turned to face the other man once more with a heavy sigh. "I don't dispute how well you treated me, but it doesn't change the fact I was a caged beast. Freedom is oreferable too any creature, no matter how short lived it may be. Let them come for me... At least I die free."

159 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:12 pm

"You deserved to be caged, Golias. You murdered people." Jared's voice was low and even. He knew better than to show any signs of distress. He had always been that way. "You aren't a saint. You deserve this fate."
"No one deserves a cage!" Lolly shouted, the gun jamming against Jared's temple hard enough to leave him with a bruise. "No one deserves to be treated like an animal! They make us do these things! All of them!"

View user profile

160 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:44 pm

"Every sinner has a future, and every saint had a past." Golias reminded Jared quietly. "You've lost, old friend. Just let it go and move on." He added, making no effort to stop Lolly, he knew better.

161 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:59 pm

"At least...let me get you two to the exit..." Jared said finally, his eyes on Lolly. He'd made the deal for Golias. The girl was anyone's property. He did not care what happened to her. "I'll let you go from there. There's some Salarians that are trying to hurt a quarian that helped me. I won't let them do that. They see you and they won't. It's all I ask and I'll tell the authorities that I lost you. I will take the punishments for your escape, Golias. I'll owe you that."
Lilly paused, glancing at the large Turian. It was his choice.

View user profile

162 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Golias was stumped by the words that had just left Jared's mouth. The large alien was now staring at the human. "You would just let me walk away, all to keep some suit rat safe?" He snorted. "Knowing what will happen to you?"

163 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:19 pm

"At least I won't die." Jared said, casting a glance at the gun pressed to his temple. "Alliance torture isn't so bad. They make you go through it to become a handler. Besides, you're risking more than pain to help that strange thing there. You should be asking yourself that."
Lolly was beginning to sway. There was a limit to what she could do. She was reaching it, though she would admit it to no one.

View user profile

164 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Golias didn't seem to buy what Jared was saying. "Torture? You think you even know what that word means?" He sneered. "You should know by now though, I don't value my own skin enough to consider anything I do a risk." He added, reaching for Lolly. "Come on, we should let the handler have one last use before he's stripped of everything he knows."

165 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:43 pm

"We have to destroy the room first..." Lolly said softly, the gun in Jared's hand clattering to the ground. "No one should take their freedom from them either." 

Padik jumped at the explosion that rocked the levels of ruin beneath them. He looked toward his brother with a dark scowl. "What the hell was that?" He demanded. "Run a scan! Do it now!"

View user profile

166 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:48 pm

The younger brother was visibly shaking, barely able to even hit any of the keys on his omni tool. "We should leave the suit rat and run!" He insisted. "Whatever that was... It destroyed and entire section in the floors that officially never existed!"

167 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:09 pm

"What floors?" Padik demanded, surging to his feet. His gun was aimed at Ceres, his lips set in an angry sneer. "How could they now exist? We scanned this weeks ago! Scan it again! Life forms, tech...I want every fucking thing and you!" He turned fully to Ceres, narrowing his eyes. "Don't you smile. Your human isn't coming!"

View user profile

168 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:56 pm

Ceres' shoulders began to shake, indicating that she was laughing. It lasted only a moment before she threw her head back and laughed out loud. "You lose, bug boys!" She declared. "We're all dying down here, thanks to you!"

169 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:09 am

"We already knew you were going to die." Padik hissed. "At least I can take great pleasure in..." The words left him as he turned his own gun on himself. No matter how hard he fought it he couldn't control his actions. And the dark whispers...
"Have you ever seen Salarian brains, Golias?" Jared said as the two men stepped out of the darkness. In another life they might have made an impressive team. "There's not much to them. Black and sticky. More like soup and extremely useless."

View user profile

170 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:46 am

"Much like the rest of them." Golias snorted. He was watching the smaller of salarians, smiling a little as he watched him run screaming from his brother's remains.
Ceres didn't say a word, she was staring down at the corpse by her feet, feeling very much like she had just woken halfway through a dream, missing a chunk of the narrative.

171 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:58 pm

"I remember you..." Lolly came out from behind Golias, looking even paler than before. She was shivering violently, the effort to stand costing her dearly. She'd pushing herself too far, just has she had that night with the geth. She took one step toward Ceres only to be stopped by the sound of the safety being pulled away from a gun. 
"You stay away from her, girl." Jared said, his tone even and dark. "We've all seen what you can do. It's best if you don't touch anything at all." He leaned his head onto his shoulder, his omni tool lighting up. "Handler 8256 reporting in. We are ready for pick up."

View user profile

172 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Ceres was staring back at Lolly now, wondering why the sound of her voice sounded so familiar. "It was you, wasn't it?" She breathed, taking a step closer to the other woman, despite Jared's warning to his fellow human. "You saved me."

173 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Jared was looking at Golias out of the corner of his eye as he kept the gun on Lolly. He was waiting for it to sink in that he had betrayed the turian. He supposed the larger alien was expecting this. That was probably why he seemed so very calm. "Ten four 8256. We have a lock on your location. We are sending transport your way. Estimated ETA is five minutes." His omni tool confirmed. 
Lolly nodded at Ceres with a smile on her face. "I didn't have anything to fix you with. I was hoping someone else would...." She said softly. "Did you get help? I noticed signs of sickness coming on. A suit breech. That's what your people call it. Right?"

View user profile

174 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Ceres nodded her head. "That's right. But I found someone else in more serious trouble than myself." She breathed, though the tremble to her soft voice would give away how hard she was trying to hide her pain.
Golias was watching all three of them. He knew Lolly was pretty much running on fumes now, so asking her to use those abilities of hers again was out of the question. Whatever he was going to do, he had five minutes to do it in.

175 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Lolly smiled at Ceres, daring to take a step forward. "I'm so glad you helped them. Not many people seem to be doing that. Did they...were they okay?" She asked, stumbling a little as her energy began to seep out of her. She'd already forgotten about Jared and his gun. She was focused on Ceres. She was extremely curious about the other woman. 
"What did I say to you, girl?" Jared hissed, taking a step in her direction as he pulled out a smaller pistol and aimed it at Golias. "You've lost this one, big guy. I'm sorry about that."

View user profile

176 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Ceres was just as curious about Lolly. "How did you even manage to get me out of here?" She breathed, tough wouldn't get to hear the reply.
"You should be sorry, for being wrong." Golias told Jared calmly, not taking his eyes off the other man as he took aim at Ceres and shot her without hesitation.
The young Quarian yelped in pain and fell backwards, one side of her faceplate shattering when she did finally hit the ground.

177 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jared decided to return the favor, his shot catching Lolly in the right lung. Exhausted already the young woman had nothing left and fell to her knees, unable to so much as cry out. 
The handler showed no emotion as he moved to the quarian, his pistol still on Golias. "You are going to die for this." He promised, his tone dark and hateful. "I can promise you that. Don't even try to move." He added, scooping Cereus up with one hand.

View user profile

178 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:22 pm

"I think you should worry whether your suit rat with survive the next few minutes." Golias breathed, as he too picked his own slender woman up. "You know you don't have enough shots left to take me down." He sneered, turning his back on Jared, just Incase the other woman decided to open fire any way.

179 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Jared did. Hitting Golias in places he'd been hit before. He knew better than anyone that old wounds hurt the worst and would slow him down sooner or later. "This isn't over, old friend. Trust me on that." He hissed. Allowing the turian to disappear into the darkening night that was spreading over the hole above them. He frantically searched for something to cover Ceres' face with until the transport arrived. 

"I can walk..." Lolly said sometime later, hearing the turian's labored breathing through her haze of pain. It was much later and she'd allowed him to cross enough distance that they wouldn't be spotted too easily if they sent out a search party.

View user profile

180 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Ceres had genuinely been abandoned by her unit, and that fact wasn't lost on her as she drifted in and out of consciousness. She had the vague recollection of Jared asking her to hang in there, but that was it.

Golias refused. Each step was becoming more and more difficult, but he refused to give in. "I need to get you to a medical facility." He informed Lolly after some time. "The bullet didn't exit your wound."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum