Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

31 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:52 pm

"Sure. Things had gotten bad but they were getting better. All that non emission tech that's been coming out. The waters were looking so blue a few years ago. They were beautiful... But hey...we can talk about that any time. Golias, we need to get back to the transport ship. Don't make this hard on yourself." Jared had heard the noise too and like the Salarians he was thinking of Keepers. He was sure they had somehow survived the mess. 
The large turian however would be able to hear something that was not Keeper at all. It was soft, terrified breaths. The skittering thing was very close to him now. 

"We are cleaning up the citadel. It belongs to council races. Not yours and not the humans." The Salarian snapped. Once again he held up his omni tool. "Now you run along and go find your home, lost creature. Try to stay on your own two feet."

View user profile

32 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:56 am

Golias acted like he hadn't heard Jared at all. He was staring in the direction of the quiet breaths, knowing that was not the sound a keeper made.

"Just you two?" Ceres asked, cocking her head to the side like a curious puppy. "That would take an awfully long time, would it not?"

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

33 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:29 am

"Golias!" Jared barked, turning on the flashlight to his omni tool. "What part of 'they're going to kill you this time' are you having trouble with? I'm trying to help you here..." He paused, cursing softly when he stepped in a pile of sludge. 
The large Turian was so close he could probably feel the warmth from the terrified breaths that were beginning to speed up. The skittering happened again though it came from somewhere closer to Jared. 

"We are looking for Salarian specifics nothing more." The tall Salarian said quickly. It was clear he was hiding something and was terrified she might be close to finding out what it was.
"Brother," the smaller one called. "There are two left. Aside from..."
"The mice?" Padik said quickly, narrowing his eyes at the other alien. "Get going, quarian. Just because your people helped humans end a war doesn't mean you're welcome anywhere in the galaxy."

View user profile

34 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:27 pm

"You say that like I fear death!" Golias declared, the sound of crunching indicating that he was moving, and wasn't being as careful about the corpses as Jared was.

Ceres still didn't move. Her curious silver eyes were watching the alien man, having picked up on just how nervous he seemed. "Perhaps I have since married a human, as they put it, and this is now my home that you desecrate." She informed Padik coolly.

35 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:13 pm

"Good for you, but I am." Jared admitted, wincing at the sound of crunching bones. "Golias, you are safe in custody. You aren't safe on your own and you know that. Think about this. You can only run so far." 
Something clattered to the floor near the turian's feet. The rapid breathing had moved above him.

"You must be joking." The Salarian snorted, motioning to his partner to keep moving. "
Your own people wouldn't want you. Why would a human? Don't try to fool me."

View user profile

36 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Go liars snooped, only at the sound above him, not Jared's claim. "You may well ask me to cease breathing, monkey." He sneered. "Life must be very easy for a good little boy who is cared for by his precious alliance!"

"My people are a curiosity to them." Ceres shrugged. "They are drawn to mystery, just like my own people." "Humans are the most similar to my kind anyway, not that you could know that, bug breath."

37 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 am

Golias would feel something similar to spider webs brushing the top of his fringe. Whatever was in this place was now directly above him. It wasn't spider webs touching him, however, it was midnight colored hair. 
"Oh yes, so loved I'm set to watch prisoners who obviously want nothing more than my death. I feel all warm and fuzzy right now, G. Seriously." Jared snorted, his light flashing over the tumble of dark hair. 

"Padik!" The smaller one shouted. "A third heartbeat! I've found it! Stop playing and let's go!"
The one called Padik gave Ceres a shove and turned to run toward the other. They had what they needed. It was so very close.

View user profile

38 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 am

Golias didn't move. The scent of the dark hair was strange to him, having never really been that close to human females before. He cast his eyes upwards, though didn't tilt his head. He believed he would find a rotting corpse hanging from the walkway remains above him. No me could be alive down here, humans weren't that resilient. Were they?

Ceres landed roughly on her behind, and she wasn't able to get up right away. The tear in her suit was worse than she had thought, and she had been using all of her energy to hide this weakness from Padik when she confronted him.

39 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:56 am

The light from Jared's flashlight again caught the silver eyes that were now only inches away from Golias' face. The rapid terrified breathing returned and the young woman lost her balance, tumbling into the enormous turian's lap.
"What the..." Jared saw the whole thing, barely able to register his own shock at finding someone alive in the rubble that was once a space station. He was so lost in this thought it took him a minute or two to register the fact that there had been the sound of gunfire and he was now sporting a rather large wet hole in the chest of his uniform. 
"That is not yours." The tall Salarian was standing where the human guard had fallen, a weapon in his hand. "Give her to us or die like your jailer."

View user profile

40 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Golias grinned, still holding the tiny form In his arms as he got to his feet. "I'll tell you what I told the human, I am not afraid to die. Can you say the same?" He asked before chagrin at the salarians and shoving past them to disappear deeper underground.
Ceres had seen everything and could barely bring herself to blink, though for now she remained hidden.

41 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Both Salarians were on the ground, staring into the darkness. "Damn it!" Padik screamed, his voice his pitched and angry. "We were that close!" He howled. "All this time..." He got to his feet and began to throw things. 
"Padik!" The smaller alien finally shouted. He was kneeling near the human soldier. "This one is still alive..."

The tiny human in Golias' arms didn't make a sound. She clung to his shirt front as he moved, staring at the expanse of his strange chest.

View user profile

42 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Golias was used to being on the run. He wasn't, however, used to having someone else with him. Why was he even carrying this creature instead of dumping her on the ground and stealing his freedom back?

Ceres felt around on the ground at her feet and picked up the first item she found. A second later she had tossed it a few feet away from the other aliens, hoping to draw their attention from the human.

43 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:46 pm

"I can't." The human woman breathed finally. "Please. Leave me here. They will find me and I... I will pay you. I have things you would want. Weapons. I know where they kept them. There are things that are still usable. I will beg if I must." 

Padik turned his head toward the sound, thinking it was where the turian had gone. "He will die soon enough. Come on. We need her. Leave him here." He grabbed his brother and shoved him toward the darkness.

View user profile

44 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:13 pm

"How have you survived down here?" Golias asked curtly. "Such a small creature, you should have perished with the others."

Ceres breathed a sigh of relief when they left and edged closer to the human. It didn't take her long to find a quiet corner and set up camp. The young Quarian had scavenged some parts and created a lamp just bright enough for her to clean up Jared's bullet wound and dress the area as best she could.

45 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:25 pm

"I don't know." The slender woman said softly. "Isn't that why you're here? Because you do know? I can offer trade. Please listen to me..."

Jared groaned, his body on fire. It wasn't the first time he'd ever been shot up that didn't mean it made it any better. He was in and out of the darkness, trying to focus on what was happening to him.

View user profile

46 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 pm

"And what do you really think I have to trade with?" Golias snorted as they stepped into what seemed to be the remains of the presidium.

Ceres only turned the lamp on when she was checking on Jared. Other than that she sat alone and afraid in the dark, in a place that was entirely alien to her. Most aliens would have just left the human there to die, but after being rescued herself the previous night, she felt she owed another stranger the same courtesy.

47 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:31 pm

"You have my freedom to trade with." The young woman breathed. "You are not the first. There are many who have traded with it but it belongs to me now. I refuse to give it up!"

Jared was sure he saw a quarian when the lights would flash but he chalked it up to hallucination. He was dead or dying. Why wouldn't his mind pick out something he had seen only once and then only for a brief time?

View user profile

48 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Go liars finally dumped the dark haired was an to her feet. "You landed on me, woman, I didn't kidnap you." He reminded her. Despite his words, even he couldn't explain why he had felt the need to get this woman away from Jared, and whoever had shot him.

The sensors in Ceres' gloves told her that Jared was ice cold to the touch, and she didn't know if that was normal for one of his kind, or whether he onto felt that way because she herself was running a fever. Not wishing to risk it, the young woman started a fire and sought out something to cover Jared with to warm him up.

49 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 am

For a few moments the young woman let this information sink in. She cocked her head to the side, her dark hair swaying in the dim light. "Then why did you run with me? You could have just left me there. You must know that giving me to your own captors would set you free." She didn't seem to understand that he had no idea who or what she was.

"Golias..." Jared was trying hard to push to his feet, delusional now. Or at least certain he was. "We need to get back to the ship. They are calling back up..."
He had no idea that his fellow soldiers were, in fact, not calling back up. They'd claimed that Golias had murdered yet another handler and had left little to identify the body with. The only one they were out looking for was the enormous Turian.

View user profile

50 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:02 am

"Why would handing over a child buy a creature like me my freedom?" Golias snorted as he kicked through the rubble for something to use as a weapon, if needed. "Those men will never stop hunting me."

"Hey, stop that." Ceres breathed, a small hand reaching out to lightly press against Jared's should to keep him from getting up. "You were shot, they left you to die down here."

51 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm

"I am not a child." The young woman said, shaking her head. "What are you going to do with that? Club them to death?" She asked, frowning at his selection. "I already told you I know where better weapons are." 

"I have to find the big guy... " Jared groaned, trying again to get up. "They'll kill him if I don't. You don't understand..."

View user profile

52 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:03 pm

"And I told you I have nothing to trade with." Golias replied. "If you're not a child, what are you? I've seen bigger Varren!"

"I don't need to understand." Ceres insisted, again pushing Jared back down. "You would already be dead if I hadn't intervened. You're still not well enough to be running round in the dark, human!"

53 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:57 pm

"What if you trade protection for a weapon?" The dark haired woman asked. "I am a human woman. I am twenty seven years old and my name is Lolly." She told him, now holding out her hand.

"I have to save him...he already thinks humans are bad. If I let him down now he'll start killing them all..." Jared ground out. "You don't understand..."

View user profile

54 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Golias simply stared at the hand held out to him for a moment, then chose not to shake it. "You can't even protect yourself, child." He finally snorted.

"You're right... What does a Quarian know of the assumption people can make about others." Ceres snorted. "You are of little use to your prisoner if you die of infection, and that is something I know a little about."

55 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 pm

"I can protect myself but I am no fool, your size would make a big difference in my safety." Lolly said, dropping her hand to her side. "do you want the weapons or not, Golias?"

"Time isn't on his side," Jared groaned, though he didn't get up again. "So a real quarian, huh? I thought I was imagining you. Do I even want to know how you ended up here?"

View user profile

56 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 pm

"And who exactly is it you think you need protecting from, down here?" Golias asked curiously.

"Why would you imagine a suit rat when you were near death?" Ceres breathed, she was smiling, even if Jared couldn't see it. "I would think an Asari more appropriate for your kind."

57 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 pm

"Salarians are the least of my worries." Lolly said, taking Golias' hand before he realized what she was doing. "My own kind are pretty bad but I think...the tech savy ones are the worst..." She paused, studying his fingers. "It's so strange...the things you've done to survive..."

"They always say you think about what you want to see most before you die. I've always wanted to meet one." Jared said with a painful laugh.

View user profile

58 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:57 pm

"What would you know about what I've done?" Golias asked, his piercing eyes narrowing slightly. "Who are you?"

Ceres found herself laughing quietly too. "You would me the only one then." She confided sadly.

59 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 pm

"My name is Lolly. I am test subject number 2784." She told him softly. "I don't think I have a last name and if I ever did...I don't remember it anymore. I have been living on the Citadel all my life. The people who were studying me put me to sleep when the Reapers came to claim this place. I woke up when it crashed. That's all I know." 

"Oh come on. I heard when Commander Shephard got ahold of one you there were a mass following. People were suddenly all over you. Turians left and right were suddenly snatching up partners when the great Garrus Vakarian took Tali whatever her name was as a wife." Jared said softly.

View user profile

60 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Golias stared at Lolly for a moment, then actually cracked a smile. "You're good." He commented. "Really good, you almost had be believing you. Is this another one of Jared's attempts at forcing redemption on me?"

Ceres had her head bowed, pretending she was checking on Jared's wound. "The great Archangel and the darling of the flotilla... We can't all be heroes." She whispered.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum