Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

61 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Lolly blinked several times, giving Golias an extremely confused look. "What?" She wasn't sure what he meant. "Forcing redemption? Why in the world would I want to do that? It's not my place to change you...you are probably going to use me just like the rest of them..." She was backing away from him, shaking her head. "I can't believe..." She closed her eyes ignoring the low rumbling that was beginning under their feet. "Go away!" The ground beneath Golias collapsed and once again he was tumbling into unknown darkness. 

Jared laughed at this. "Yeah. My prisoner tells me that some of us need to be the bad guys. He says it's more fun." He grimaced as warm fingers touched the wound. "I think I'd rather be the guy nobody knows or cares about..."

View user profile

62 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 am

Golias could be heard roaring like a savage beast as he descended further into the ruined citadel. He was already blaming Lolly, thinking she had somehow caused the floor to collapse on purpose.

"I don't for one second think you actually believe that." Ceres snorted. Behind her faceplate her face was flushed and beads of sweat dripped from her pert nose. The ever was getting worse and all her medi gel had been used on Jared.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

63 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:55 am

Golias would wake much later tied to a piece of metal that once held up part of Purgatory. It seemed that his captor had taken no chances in his escape. Not far away Lolly sat polishing a dented chest place, frowning deeply at the way it didn't seem to fit on her body. 

"Some of us are just meant to be the shadows I guess. We can't all be the heroes." Jared said, his mind beginning to work over exactly why her hands were so warm. Turian hands were almost always cold and since they shared the same genetic makeup that meant... "You're sick...What happened to you? Did those guys hurt you too?"

View user profile

64 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:52 am

"You little whore!" Golias cursed the moment his eyes rested upon Lolly. "I knew that helpless test subject was all an act!"

"I'm fine." Ceres lied as she put a fresh bandage on Jared's wound. "Unlike you. You are lucky to be alive. It would seem humans are just as resilient as the stories say."

65 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 am

Lolly jumped hard, not having expected Golias to wake up with an angry roar. She wasn't used to loud noises. It still took her a while to process them. She held the chest plate close to her as she considered her answer. "I did not lie to you and I never said I was helpless. You seem to think that because I am smaller that must be true. That is your fault."

"That's not a good thing." Jared sighed. "At least right now..." He grunted as she placed the bandaged. "That hurts like hell...damn Salarians...they never aim for the heart..." He paused and smiled. "You're changing the subject. I like it. I don't even know your name and you've already figured out that I'm easy to distract." He patted her hand. "Not many people care to know that. Golias did but that was just so I wouldn't make him feel bad about being a bad guy." He laughed softly.

View user profile

66 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm

"So uh is is the grand plan, keep me tied up here until I wither, or do you plan to trade me to someone else now?" Golias asked, his eyes drifting to the chest plate for a moment before snapping back to Lolly's face. "How does a human survive down here anyway?"

"Not many care to know my name." Ceres breathed surprised that Jared had dared to touch her. A lot of races acted like touching a Quarian would give them a disease. "But for the record... It's Ceres."

67 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 pm

"I'm going to keep you tied up there until you agree to trade protection for a weapon and stop calling me a liar." Lolly said, glancing up from where she was trying to push out the dents of the chest plate with her fingers. "Are you hungry? I found turian rations from the c-sec portion of this mess. Your stomach was growling while you were knocked out so don't even bother lying to me." 

Jared smiled at that. "Ceres. I like that. But isn't there more? Like some long laundry list of name that I'm never going to be able to say. I'll embarrass myself and try a million times..." He again trying to sit up, trying to reach into his back pocket for something.

View user profile

68 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:59 pm

"Who, or what, is it you need protection from?" Golias asked, smart enough not the struggle too much until he knew more about his situation. One wrong move and the entire ruin could come down on top of them.

"You don't need to trouble yourself with anything more than Ceres." The young Quarian assured Jared softly. "And what is it I should be calling you, mr. Bounty hunter?" She asked, assuming that was what Jared was, to be chasing a Turian.

69 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:08 pm

"You didn't answer my question." Lolly said, one of the dents popping out. She gave it a deep frown before she turned her eyes back to him. "Besides, you'll probably just think I'm lying so why should I bother answering at all?" 

"It's Jared Raith and I'm not a Bounty Hunter, I'm a handler. I'm like a prison guard but I'm assigned to one person. I take that one prisoner and I do what I can to try and turn his life around. If I can't after a certain amount of time, I'm supposed to kill him. Or her. Luckily, I've never had to do that before."

View user profile

70 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 pm

"If I tell you I'm hungry, will you untie me?" Golias asked, his mouth twitching into what could almost be considered a smile.

"Is that really a useful application of your time, given the state of the galaxy right now?" Ceres asked, though it was getting harder to make her lips form each word as more time passed.

71 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:49 pm

"What fun would that be?" Lolly asked him, unable to stop her own impish smile. "No, I'm afraid I'm going to have to spoon feed you." 

"Is helping a human a good way to spend your time right now?" Jared asked her, still trying to reach for something in his back pocket.

View user profile

72 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:59 pm

"I would think you're used to catering to the needs of others then." Golias snorted. "Like a little Asari housewife."

"Here, let me help you..." Ceres didn't think anything of it as she slid her hand into Jared's back pocket to fish out whatever he was searching for.

73 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:49 pm

"Does everything make you angry?" Lolly asked, shaking her head at the sneer. "I'm still going to spoon feed you, no matter how much you try to insult me. It's your own fault too. If you'd have just agreed to the trade we wouldn't be in this mess." 

Jared nodded, taking the the medigel syringe and jabbing it into her thigh. "It won't cure you but...it will help..." He whispered, dropping back onto the bed roll and closing his eyes.

View user profile

74 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 pm

"I'm not the guy to protect you from anything, kid." Golias replied, though his eyes were closed and his head rested back against the pillar he was chained to. "Being anywhere near me is just gonna get you a whole lot more shit."

Ceres sighed heavily and sealed off the section of her suit that now had a puncture in it. "Are all humans this stubborn?" She asked.

75 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:20 pm

"I'm afraid that isn't a choice." Lolly said firmly. Golias would feel pressure on his waist as she settled herself across his hips. "You are going to help me, Turian. And you're going to do it whether you want to or not."

"It's a racial trait." Jared chuckled, closing his eyes. "You're going to be here when I wake up are t you?"

View user profile

76 Re: Scavengers on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 pm

"Oh?" Golias mused, smirking this time. "And just how does a little thing like you plan on making me do anything?"

The front of Ceres' helmet lit up slightly, indicating that she was laughing gently. "I can't let those salarians come back and finish the job, can I?"

77 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:27 am

"Do you ever hope to get out of that position?" Lolly asked leaning down close to his face. "I can be very persuasive if I must Golias." She breathed.

"Why not?" Jared asked, grunting as he began to fall asleep. "It would be doing everyone a lot of favors...even to you I'll bet..."

View user profile

78 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:14 am

"If I die here, you don't get what you want either." Golias replied, calling Lolly's bluff.

"Someone could have left me to die last night, but they didn't. I guess I'm keeping the good karma going, is that what humans say?" Ceres asked, laying down a foot or two away from Jared.

79 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 pm

"Oh..." Lolly paused, pulling her full bottom lip between her teeth. "I hadn't thought of that." She continued to sit on his hips, chewing her lip in thought. "I don't want to force you. I like you. I'll have to come up with something else..." She muttered, getting to her feet and leaving him there. 

"That's romantised." Jared said, shaking his head. "After what happened with the Reapers I don't really believe in karma. Or anything else for that matter."

View user profile

80 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Gloria's again found himself smirking as Lolly walked away from him. He liked very few people, let alone humans, so why was this one such a curiosity to him?

"But... I thought humans had a deity based belief system?" Ceres asked curiously. "Are you saying you believe in nothing at all? Not even yourself?"

81 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:57 pm

"I can't believe that I have nothing to offer you." Lolly groaned after a while. She finally stopped where she was pacing and shoved her fingers through her hair. "What do you want?!"

"I used to. But when everyone I cared about started dying I just sort of lost it." Jared admitted. "The belief that everything worked out okay just sort of felt false."

View user profile

82 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:05 pm

"If I hadn't come down here, what would you have done?" Golias asked coolly. "What if the salarians found you? Or that idiot handler of mine? He still thinks he can save me from myself."

"Quarians used to have memories of their ancestors implanted." Ceres told Jared softly. "So no matter where they were, they would never be alone. That was of course before the rebellion. The first thing the Geth did was destroy the memory banks in the capital that housed everything. After that... All memory of those who came before us was lost. There had never been a Quarian word for 'alone' until then."

83 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm

"But none of them did and why does he want to do that?" Lolly asked. She again stopped pacing and sat down near him though wisely not close enough to get herself in trouble. 

"See? What's the use of Karma? It's a bad thing. You do good things and get nothing for it." Jared pointed out. "At least the geth remember what happened to you. Maybe now that you are partners it will help."

View user profile

84 Re: Scavengers on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:54 pm

"Because apparently he thinks deep inside me somewhere is 'a nice guy'." Golias snorted, the debris around him rustling as he tried to reposition himself. "Like I'm some kind of charity case, or something."

Ceres didn't say anything about that for the longest time. Tali had accepted the Geth much more readily than most of her people. "In that sense, should I be thanking the reasoners for bringing the Geth out of the veil?" She finally asked.

85 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:59 am

Lolly leaned closer to him, her large silver eyes blinking as she looked into his eyes. "Interesting...." She began to smile impishly as her fingers slid beneath him, relieving him of a piece of metal that was jabbing him in the side. "Your handler is right. There is something deeper in there."

"Probably." Jared said, patting the ground close to him. "Come on. It's going to get cold. You'll get sicker if we don't stay close to keep warm. The fever of yours might come in handy. Tomorrow we need to call for help..."

View user profile

86 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:06 am

Golias snorted in disagreement, though he was indeed thankful of the relief. "You people are fools. You're entire civilization is in ruins, and you look for 'the good' in cold blooded Mercs?" He sneered.

Ceres hesitated slightly. Jared was so much larger than her, and she still knew so little about him. A moment lay later however she reluctantly edge closer and laid her slender frame against the side if his own. "You're the sick one, I'm just fine..." She insisted.

87 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:29 pm

"I don't know anything about any of that." Lolly said, shaking her. "I only know what my own handlers showed me on the extranet. They kept me in the dark about so many things. Maybe since we will have time together you can tell me more about my own kind. And then yours."

"That's why you're warm enough to start a second fire." Jared chuckled, turning to face her. "We'll be all right. Some rest is...good..."

View user profile

88 Re: Scavengers on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:57 pm

"So you have never even seen anything outside of this place then?" Golias asked, wondering which was worse; to be imprisoned as a criminal, or trapped like an animal.

"Do you know many Quarians? Maybe were all this hot?" Ceres replied, not realising the meaning her words may have to a human.

89 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:33 am

"You believe me?" Lolly asked, relief flooding through her voice. Gingerly she reached up, pulling her long midnight hair aside to show him the number and barcode tattooed behind her left ear. "I have never left the room that I woke up in. Please, Golias...." Silver eyes were once again searching his own. "I promise I'll give you anything you want just help me get out of here."

Jared chuckled at this. "I've only met you and yeah. I'd say you're pretty hot." He muttered before he could think better of it. When he realized what he'd said he was quick to try and cover it up. "Feverish...you know...we really need to get you to a doctor."

View user profile

90 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:37 am

"What's been keeping you from just walking out if here yourself?" Golias asked. "It's been months since the reaper war, and my best guess is no one has dared come down here until now."

Ceres laughed softly, finding the way Jared was suddenly stumbling over his words rather endearing. "I keep telling you, I'm fine. This isn't my first suit breach, and you're th e one who got himself shot anyway."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum