Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

871 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Vivica was standing on his doorstep when he opened the door. She looked as if she'd been sobbing her eyes out. Her usually well put together face was a mess and her hands were trembling. "I need to talk to you." She said softly. "Please? I'm so alone right now. Everything is falling apart and I don't even know why. Victus...we were friends. You and me and Quientus. We all grew up together. I don't know what changed. Please?" 

"Some girl?" Brutal raised an eyebrow at this, his mind going back to the conversation he'd had with Aria about the naked Quarian. He'd been teasing her but could it by chance be true? "What did she look like?" He asked, being as gentle with the other man as possible.

View user profile

872 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:47 pm

The sensitive fool in Victus wanted to invite Vivica in and plead with her not to be so upset. However, after seeing how deeply this woman had hurt her own daughter, he had little sympathy right then. "Ine thing changed, Vivica. You." He told her bluntly.

The other man winced again when the old dressing was pulled away. "I dunno! She had purple skin, big silver eyes. I was thinking she was damn beautiful until the bitch shot me! I was trying to be a nice guy and help her!"

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

873 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 pm

"Victus, please!" Vivica sobbed, trying to reach out for him. "I just lost the man I love and I need a friend. My daughter is gone and no one can locate my son. I can't be alone right now. Please!" She was shaking all over, her talons making a grab for him. "Don't leave me alone out here!" 

"And she was near the dump?" Brutal asked. When the other man nodded he patted the injury without thinking twice and left the room without even finishing the bandage.

View user profile

874 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Victus didn't want to talk to Vivica about her children, and so shut the door behind him. "We can talk, but I'm not inviting you in." He warned her.

Ceres had thought herself wise enough not to trust someone else to fly her to Iilos this time. She had salvaged a non working ship and had spent days digging for parts so she could repair it and get on her way.

875 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:02 pm

"You're going to make me stand outside like a stranger?" Vivica asked, blinking her eyes and sniffling. To say she was offended was an understatement and it would take an idiot not to see it. "You are certainly not the man you once were. What happened to you when you left? Do you know Quientus was calling for you? He wanted to see you while he was dying and you wouldn't even answer your calls." 

"Is this what you've been shooting people over?" Brutal was walking around the ship she'd been working on, frowning at it. "What a piece of junk. You'd think you'd found something dipped in gold or an artifact. The original Normandy maybe..."

View user profile

876 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Those words clearly affected Victus, and he gestured Vivica follow him down the hall to a room he sometimes used as an office. "Tell me, did you shed such tears for your daughter? For the girl who just wanted a mothers love?"

Ceres had her weapon drawn the moment she heard Brutal's voice. Her slender jaw was tight and moonlight eyes were filled with hatred as the small woman glared up at the rather large human. "The walk away, while you can."

877 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 pm

"You know I don't like for others to see me cry, Victus." Vivica whispered as she followed him. "It is a weakness that my own father hated. But yes. I did cry for her. Just as I cry for Quientus. Just as I am sure you cried for your wife and son." She stopped once they got inside and threw her arms around him, sobbing against his chest. "How did you deal with this? I am so alone." 

Brutal seated himself on the makeshift roof of her shuttle and shook his head, his own large fingers tapping his knee. "What are you going to do there, little girl, shoot me?"

View user profile

878 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Victus gently took hold of Vivia's arms and tried to pry her away. He may have offered her comfort, had she not brought up his own dead family. "I think you do very well at crying on cue." He informed the female coolly. "After all, what reason have you to cry when you were the only one who knew where Orinia was when she was abducted?"

The only reason Ceres hadn't already pulled the trigger was that a Brutal didn't make her think of Jared, lucky for him. "What do you care? Are you really going to rob me of a shuttle that doesn't even have an engine?"

879 Re: Scavengers on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 pm

"I did not." Vivica snapped, shaking her head. "And I told you how I knew that. A spectre told us. Not that it matters. She is as dead as my husband is now." She added with a hiss, not happy at being pushed away. "I don't understand why you are doing this. You need me and you know it." 

"No. Why would I want this piece of junk?" Brutal snorted. He gave the shuttle a once over and shook his head. "You must be a cross species or something. No quarian would lay claim to building something so embarrassing. Wow. No wonder you're shooting people. I wouldn't want anyone to go and say they'd seen this garbage either."

View user profile

880 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:01 am

"Why exactly do I need you again?" Victus asked. "My main priority is Orinia, and showing her she can be happy again, no matter what has happened."

Ceres fired a warning shot at Brutal that was so close he would feel the bullet breeze past his ear. "Humans are such superficial monsters, it is little wonder nobody likes you!"

881 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm

"Orinia is..." A dark look cross Vivica's face at his words. "Show her to me. I want to see for myself that a child of Quientus' has survived." She hissed, glaring at him and then at his closed office door. "She..." The female Turian had to pause and close her eyes, taking a deep breath. "She means so much to me. It means I am not alone. Let me see her."

"Okay. Okay. That was a little rude of me." Brutal said, holding up his hands. "I carried it too far but seriously, babe. You're shooting people. So far there's been more than a dozen of them. That's worse."

View user profile

882 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Victims shook his head and folded his arms across his chest. Vivica's first reaction had been more than enough for him. "You can see Orinia when she chooses to see you."

"I fail to see that logic." Ceres hissed, her gun still pointed at Brutal. "And don't call me that!" She shrieked, forced to remember all the sweet names Jared had called her.

883 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm

"I have had just about enough of you!" Vivica roared, slamming her hand down on the desk in front of her. "How dare you deny me the right too see my child! Nevermind my husband's body! I will not put up with this!" 
"Victus?" Orinia opened the door that connected to their room, obviously only half awake. "Is everything all ri..." She got nothing else out. 
Her mother lunged at her, jamming Victus' ornate letter opener up under her rib cage. "Why can't you just die?" The elder Turian hissed, shoving the blade up further until even the hilt had disappeared. 

"Okay. Okay." Brutal said, holding up his hands. "Let's go for Psycho. How does that one sound?" He asked her, shoving his fingers through his hair. "Look, we need to talk about why you're shooting people. You can't do that. Human or not it's bad form, ba...ma'am. Plus, I think you need to be answering a question or two about a drell named Mimic and I'm not leaving until you do."

View user profile

884 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Everything seemed to slow right down and there wasn't a thing Victus could do about it. He remembered trying to move across e room, and getting angry that his feet wouldn't seem to move as fast as they usually did. He didn't even know now it had happened, but he had struck Vivica hard enough to spin her around and her head to slam the corner of the desk. All that he knew was suddenly he had Orinia in his arms and was shouting for someone to help them.

A sudden torrent of emotion played out in Ceres' silver eyes as she looked up at Brutal. The young woman had heard nothing of Mimic since she had fled his capture. She assumed he would send people to find her, but out no further thought into it. "What is it you think I should be telling you about a slave trafficker?"

885 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Turigan had seen the great general Victus in many situations that had resulted in the deaths of many men they had both known and cared for. But none of them had brought him to his knees as this young turian woman had. Not to mention he'd never seen so much blood before. He was woken from a dead sleep by the other man's shouts for help, nearly slipping on the blood as he ran into the room. "Spirits help us..." He breathed, though he wasn't quite sure what he was seeing other than two women lying on the floor and his primarch covered in their blood. 

"Anything and everything." Brutal said, that torrent of emotion concerning him on so many levels. "You look like you need a hot meal and I have a credit chip burning a hole in my pocket. Come on. I promise there's nothing more to it."

View user profile

886 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Victus was rocking with Orinia, telling her everything was going to be just fine. He should have listened to his gut. He knew these two women should never have been allowed to reunite.

Ceres knew better than to trust anything that came out of a humans mouth any more. "I don't need your charity!" She informed Brutal.

887 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:52 pm

A few days later Derius found himself sitting outside the primarch's cell. He never thought he'd see this day. He didn't know what to say or do. The elder man was accused of nearly murdering his mother and the jury was still out on his sister. Turigan was insisting that he'd seen everything and that Adrian Victus had tried stabbed Orinia and slammed Vivica's head on the desk to try and keep her from telling anyone. This was a nightmare to say the least. 
"How are you?" He asked, seating himself on the chair outside the cell. 

"No charity. I'm hungry. I'm going to get something to eat and I thought you might want something too. There's no reason why a quarian not wearing a suit can't share a plate of nachos with a human. Right?" Brutal said, raising an eyebrow.

View user profile

888 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Victus looked like hell. He was Primarch and no one seemed to be believing a word he was telling them. "I would think you would be with the murderous mob outside demanding my head." He snorted bitterly.

"Of occurred there is! They would kill me!" Ceres huffed, though her gun had lowered slightly.

889 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm

"Murderous mob led by my mother and that suddenly insane assistant of yours?" Derius asked, rubbing at his eyes. "It's not that bad, Victus. Garrus Vakarian is on his way here. He's pretty upset. He's been yelling at the council all morning. They're sending him here to see for himself what's going on since the entire turian planet seems to be shut down for some strange reason." He shook his head. "They still don't know if Orinia is going to make it." 

"Okay then. Do they make Quarian nachos? Because damn it, I've been craving nachos all day and I'm going to have them." Brutal said firmly. "Now come on. We'll talk over some kind of nachos. I'm being serious here."

View user profile

890 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 pm

"I don't understand what's happening. Why is the word of ou our mother so much more reliable than mine all o a sudden? She screamed at Orinia, Derius. She was furious that your sister was alive, then tried to remedy that fact."

Ceres groaned and finally holstered her weapon. "Piss me off, and I shoot you." She warned brutal seriously.

891 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

"With your letter opener." Derius said softly, nodding slowly. "She wanted you. You realize that, don't you? My mother has always been in love with you. I blame myself for what she did to Orinia. I'm the one who told her Orinia was still alive and with you..." Derius was staring hard at the floor. "She called me when I arrived at the apartment. It slipped. She sounded relieved. Not angry..." He shook his head. "I didn't expect this..." 

Brutal nodded. "You didn't really even need to tell me that. I guessed that right off." He chuckled softly, holstering a gun he hadn't even revealed he'd had in his hand. "So. Where's a good place to get nachos here? And don't tell me that Elcor joint. He can't make a sandwich without screwing it up. No passion I tell you."

View user profile

892 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:31 pm

"She came to my door, sobbing and throwing her arms around me." Victus confirmed. "She got so angry when I wouldn't let her into the apartment, I should have noticed something was wrong then. I took her down to my office and the moment Orinia heard something and opened the door... Your mother lost it. She flew at Orinia, and the next thing I know I'm on the floor holding her body in thy arms. Derius, you must believe me, I didn't stab Orinia, and I never intentionally hurt your mother. No matter how much she deserved it."

"Passion is what gets people killed." Ceres growled before stomping on ahead of Brutal. The young woman was filled with such anger that it showed in every step she took.

893 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:45 pm

"I know. I saw you with her. The way you looked at her. You've loved her since the day she spent nearly an hour trying to convince you to let her serve on your ship with our father, Captain." Derius said with a soft laugh. "You've been watching over her for a long time. Why kill her now?" 

"Exactly why I wished I had been born an elcor." Brutal pointed out, following the quarian woman even though he knew she was going the wrong way. "Sounds easier. Expression of regret." He added with a soft chuckle.

View user profile

894 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Victus managed a slight smile when Derius brought that up. "I don't think even she realises the truth." He breathed. "But you're right, I loved her even when I shouldn't. I was married at my father's request, and even then I still thought of Orinia."

Ceres was trying her best not to smile, though her mouth did twitch ever so slightly. The young Quarian only stopped when she was in front of a Turian diner, knowing they didn't do nachos.

895 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:04 pm

"You are much older than she is." Derius said with a soft laugh. "My father knew though. He kept telling me that the Spirits would work it out for you because you were a good man. And then your wife left you and my father celebrated. I think the arrangement was made then. Wasn't it?" He asked. 

"This is the place where the chef insults humans the entire meal. Nice." Brutal looked down at the little quarian with a nod. "Fair enough. If he says one thing about the fish dog food factory, I swear I will start a fight in here. Just so we're clear on that."

View user profile

896 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Victus smiled sadly. "I wish it hadn't been. Orinia would not have been hurt the ways she has been, and I don't just mean what happened last night."

"As long as we agree you are an ass." Ceres informed a Brutal simply and stepped into the diner.

897 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:41 pm

"Mother still would have gone after you." Derius said softly. "It's not the first time she's tried to kill her children, Victus. I just wish there was a way to prove it besides a few old scars." He whispered, tapping a nasty looking scar that was nearly hidden by the fringe on his right side. "She never wanted children." 

"I actually don't agree on that." Brutal said as they entered. "I didn't do anything to deserve that title yet. At least not to you."

View user profile

898 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 pm

"Why did you never talk to anyone about this?" Victus asked sadly. "She sold your sister to a sex slaver, Orinia was lucky I got to her when I did. The slaver, Mimic, was auctioning her off despite my offering to buy her freedom."

"You're human, that's enough." Ceres spat. She had suffered racism just like any other Quarian, yet it was the ease with which Jared had just give up on her that had turned her down such a bitter and hateful path.

899 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 pm

"No one believes the children, Victus. We should be seen and not heard. Our mother raised us to fear her. We never spoke ill of her, even to our father. My injury was an accident. I fell off the ladder while I was climbing up to watch father's ship take off. Orinia broke her arm falling off her bike when she came back with the turian brandy you asked her for. Even now I am afraid to speak against her. Look at what she has done to my sister. Who knows if she will survive it this time?" Derius explained. "I wanted to tell you and father but...I'm sorry." 

"A little unfair there, but I'll let you have it for now." Brutal told her, nodding at the turian chef who looked like he was ready to throw cooking knives at him. "Bring on the nachos!" He called, knowing full well he was about to get bombarded with insults.

View user profile

900 Re: Scavengers on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 pm

"I don't blame you, Derius, you were a child. Your mother was calculating, even when we were children. You could see it in her eyes, always planning what to do or say and judging those who dared think differently to her."

Ceres shook her head and sat down at one of the tables. "Humans are the whores and bullies of the galaxy. You think you can anything you wish."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum