Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scavengers

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 34]

1 Scavengers on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Clean up was slow in the weeks after the battle for Earth had concluded. The rubble that remained of the citadel was still being picked over by many. Not all of them were the good guys. Commander Shepard's people had already come through and collected the body, leaving everything else as it was. They wanted no part of it. Not even to make it a memorial. 
At that moment a group of Salarians were poking through the rubble, scowling deeply. "No." One them said to the other. "This is not the area. It wouldn't have been here." 
"Quiet, fool." The other hissed. He was looking in the other direction, frowning deeply. "The Quarians are here. We don't want to tip them off. We can't afford to lose this to them. It's too much. Do you hear me?!"

View user profile

91 Re: Scavengers on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

"There were others here for a while." Lolly told him. "Others like me. We were all planning to go together but..." She glanced toward the darkness over her shoulder, trying not to let him see the tear the slid down her cheek. "They began to die off and I was left here. I haven't been sure what to do but then the Salarians began to come. Then the Quarian...and then you..."

Jared didn't answer her. He was already snoring softly. He would wake up hours later bathed in sweat and sure he was again seeing the death of his friends and family members.

View user profile

92 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:30 am

"You never asked any of them to help you?" Golias questioned. "But you decide a convicted prisoner is the one to trust?"

Ceres had curled against Jared's side at some point in the night, a slender arm draped over his lower abdomen as she found what little rest she could.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

93 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm

"The salarians were talking about finishing the experiments and taking the chits that..." Lolly paused, giving Golias an uncertain look. "The Quarian would want them too and you...you wouldn't be interested in them..." She muttered, trying to look as if she were inspecting the ties that held his wrists to the metal. "Did I mention I can pay you if you help me get out of here?"

Jared would have enjoyed this had it not been the discovery that they were tied together. He looked around them, his eyes searching desperately for the reason that this was so. He finally rested on up looking at two Salarians polishing a cache of weapons that sat in a pile near them. The taller of the two met his eyes and smiled. "You're still alive. Good. Now you can tell us more about that enormous turian."

View user profile

94 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:34 pm

"You think I have a problem getting money?" Golias mused, deciding not to make this easy for Lolly. "Money will only do so much, little girl. Or maybe... I could get more of it selling you and whatever I find down here to those salarians?"

The only reason Ceres hadn't woken up was due to the fact her fever had gotten much worse while she had been sleeping. She was like a limp rag doll where she lay next to Jared now.

95 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:15 pm

"You're the one who has to figure out how to get out of your bindings. I'd like to see you try and trade me to them." Lolly hissed, narrowing her eyes. "I swear I would flatten your nose more than it already is."

Jared found himself jerked to his feet by his hair. With his wound stil raw and his body still tied to the ill quarian, there was very he could do to fight it. "You will tell us or we will gut her and make you watch."

View user profile

96 Re: Scavengers on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Golias was grinning, finding this human more appealing the angrier and less helpless she seemed. "If binding could hold me, you really think I would have that idiot human assigned to watch my every move?"

The smaller Salarian was wringing his fingers together as he watched what was happening, casting a glance over his shoulder every few seconds. "We shouldn't be here!" He insisted, jumping at the sound of what was merely loose debris falling to the ground.

97 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:51 am

Lolly crossed her arms over her chest, her lips set in a thin line. "It seems to be holding you just fine, turian." She said firmly, her eyes still narrowed into dangerous slits. "Now stop beating around the bush and tell me whether I am going to leave you here or you are going to help me. If you do not, I promise you will regret it." 

"Shut up, Jardok." Padik hissed, glaring at the human who was trying to tear his shirt and close off the Quarian's suit breaches in an attempt to keep her from getting sicker. "It's just a little girl. She can't hurt anything. Even herself. There's nothing to be afraid of."

View user profile

98 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 am

"Will you keep that promise even if I agree to help you?" Golias breathed, his piercing blue eyes slowly looking Lolly over one more time.

"That human is injured, and the suit rat is half dead! We should just leave them both to die and get out of here!" Jardok insisted. "We can't be sure no one else is even down here, they could be watching us right now!"

99 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Lolly was shivering with the effort it was taking to keep herself in check. She couldn't explain it to him and she wouldn't. Instead she simply nodded. She got up and began to pull away the metal from his wrists, her fingers shaking with the effort it was taking her. "Come on. It will take a while to get to the labs where they kept me." 

"No one knows about this. These idiots found it by accident. Everyone else who knew is dead. I'm telling you, brother. We are home free. We get the girl and the Reaper tech and we are heroes to our own people. Forget that Shepard asshole. It will will be Padik and Jardok." The taller salarian said, not about to tell his timid brother he had no intention of sharing the fame.

View user profile

100 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:20 pm

"What have you been surviving on down here? Aren't humans like plants, or something? Don't you need light to live?" Golias asked as they walked.

"Can't we just do that then?" Jardok pleaded. "We can leave these two to die here, why are we even botching with them?"

101 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Lolly shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't sure she'd ever even seen real light. She'd seen the light that the citadel created but nothing like what the earth was supposed to to make. "There's plenty of food rations left down here and I have a few of the garden lights working. That's more than enough for me." She said as she walked ahead of him. "Don't turians need light too?" 

"I want to know where that large turian went and who he is. Once we've found that out, things will change. But for now I feel that it's better to keep them alive." Padik snapped. "You're such a coward, brother. Which one of them are you afraid of? The human? Or the dead Quarian?"

View user profile

102 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:40 pm

"Not like you pink skins." Golias snorted. "I've seen the way you all smile like idiots when the warm season comes on this god forsaken pisshole of a planet."

"The Quarian could be infected with things we've never even heard of!" The smaller man wailed. "And that human... Look at him! He could crush us with his thumb if he chose! I just don't think you should piss him off!"

103 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:19 pm

"Is that the way all hardened criminals talk?" Lolly asked, frowning up at him as she fell into step with him. "Or is that just someone that hates humans?" She frowned at the thought, chewing on her bottom lip. "Why do you hate humans? Did one of them do something mean to you? Or would you rather talk more about the sun?" 

Jared couldn't help but laugh at this. "He obviously hasn't seen the turian, has he?" He shook his head, readjusting himself so that Ceres would be more comfortable in his lap. "Just wait until we catch up with him. He'll eat the both of you for a midnight snack and still but hungry."

View user profile

104 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:31 pm

"Do you always talk this much?" Golias growled. "If that idiot guard is following me, you'll lead him right to us." He added, making it seem like that was his only reason for preferred silence.

"See!" Jardok hissed. "Yet another reason on a very long list of why this is a bad idea! Is fame really worth our lives, brother?"

105 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Lolly cringed. "You asked the first question. I was just answering." She muttered softly, shaking her head. "If you don't want to answer you don't have to. And anyway, how could he follow? One of the salarians shot him in the stomach? I doubt he could survive that. Even a krogan couldn't." 

"Yes!" Padik hissed, glaring at the smaller, younger of them. "I want that girl and I want what she carries inside her. That damn turian will never see me coming. I'll kill him first!" 
"That turian is a professional bad guy. He'll have your head before you realize it's missing." Jared said in a warning tone. "This isn't going to end well for you, is it?"

View user profile

106 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm

"You don't know this guy." Golias snorted. "He once shot after chasing me over a cliff and into a Varren nest. The bastard had a dislocated shoulder, and still got me!"

"Jared..." Ceres was breathing the humans names softly, though her voice was laced with pain. "You need... A doctor."

107 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Lolly shook her head at this, not believing a word of it. "He's half your size. I saw him. He couldn't take you. Why would you let him catch you?" She asked, pausing before she caught her foot on a piece of broken glass that jutted out of the floor. "You don't expect me to believe that, do you?" 

Jared chuckled softly. "I'll be fine, my sweet. You just worry about yourself." 
"She's delirious." Padik pointed out. He got to his feet and pulled out his blaster, placing it to her temple. "But your little Quarian is soon to be dead if you don't help us find the turian."

View user profile

108 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:25 pm

"I don't expect anything of you, little girl." Golias replied simply. "Believe what you want, makes no difference to me." He added gruffly, his eyes glancing down to the glass Lolly had almost stood on. He was silently wondering how she even saw it, she had been looking up at him the whole time.

True to her hot head nature, Ceres pulled the dagger from her boot and slashed at Padik's wrist. Apparently delirium clear quite quickly when her life was threatened.

109 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Lolly made a face at him and kicked the glass aside, continuing to walk. "You don't have to be in such a bad mood you know. It's not like I'm holding you prisoner or anything. I'm not your enemy here." She added, once again pausing when she nearly stepped on something dangerous. "We both understand the need for freedom." 

Padik snarled at this, jerking back his head. He didn't manage to do it before he'd gotten a rather long scrape down his wrist and fingers. "You'll be lucky if I don't kill you both anyway." He hissed. 
Jared rolled his eyes. "Over a paper cut? Isn't that a bit dramatic?"

View user profile

110 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Golias actually laughed at her statement. "You tied me up, princess. Seems a lot like I'm your prisoner." He snorted.

"I can go deeper." Ceres assured the Salarian, though with only one hand free she couldn't really do much else.

111 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 pm

"Were." Lolly corrected. "We're partners now." She smiled up at him, her button nose wrinkling impishly. 

Padik held his gun up and Jared was quick to position himself in front of the bullet's path. "Hurt her and I will break the tracker I have on the Turian." He hissed. "I swear to it."

View user profile

112 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Golias hated that he found that nose of hers all too endearing. "Okay, so when we get to this lab, will there be food? Water maybe? I'm guessing that is where you've been hiding yourself all this time?"

Jardok frowned as he watched what was happening. "Is the suit rat your mate?" He asked, unsure of what other reason a human would have for protecting a Quarian.

113 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Lolly nodded, wondering why he was still staring at her. "They had prepared for the worst to happen. So yeah. As I said, there's enough food and water for years. They expected us to protect them. Did I tell you that?" She asked, pushing aside something that reveled a door. "I don't think they expected us to kill them."

"She is." Jared answered quickly, not sure why he'd answered so fast. 
This earned him a fist to the mouth by the taller Salarian. "Good. This will be easier to keep them under control. Don't even think of being kind to them, Jadok."

View user profile

114 Re: Scavengers on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:08 pm

Golias hesitated, again watching Lolly. He was confused by this small woman. She looked rather helpless, and the things she said, and the feeling his but was giving him, they told Golias not to underestimate her. "Protect them?"

The younger brother was wringing his fingers again, the news that these two aliens were bond mates seemed to make the situation all the more uncomfortable for him. "Please, just tell him where the Turian is." He implored Jared.
As all this was happening, Ceres was watching Jared with a curious expression that no one could see.

115 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:57 pm

"From the Reapers." Lolly said as if it were something so very simple. Her tiny fingers slid along the edge of the door until a small screen sprang to life the green light illuminating the darkness. "The first time they woke us up was when a turian invaded the citadel with a group called...the geth. They were synthetics...We weren't to interfere. Only keep our handlers safe from them. I never saw the turian. Only the synthetics. I broke them." She sounded strange when she said this, more like a machine herself. 

Jared turned his head, spitting blood onto the floor. "No. I don't think I'll be doing that." He said rather cheerfully." He had a hand rested on Ceres' hip and he squeezed it gently, trying to offer her reassurance. 
His words only served to anger the salarian further and Padik hit him in the mouth again. "Tell me where that turian is or I swear I'll break your face and then I'll break her face plate!" He roared.

View user profile

116 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Golias found for the first time in a long while he was actually surprised by something. He was watching this tiny woman, wondering how she could have possibly taken on the Geth and lived. "You say 'we', what happened to the others?" He breathed.

They both knew how dangerous a breach like that would be to Ceres in her current condition. However, the young woman didn't seem to care. "Go ahead!" She bluffed. "That won't get you what you want!"

117 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:00 pm

"Some of them couldn't handle the whispers anymore. Some of them couldn't stand the silence..." She opened the door, not seeming to notice the terrible smell that came from within the brightly lit room. "After we killed the scientists, we began to lose sight of our purpose. They used to tell us. But them they stopped talking and one by one we started making ourselves stop talking too. It was too much." She glanced over her shoulder, knowing he was seeing at least a dozen hanging bodies. These were artfully placed over a pile of bodies that were all but ripped to shreds. 

"I can track him. It's what I was trained to do." Jared said, shifting his weight so that he was more in front of the Salarian than Ceres was. "I don't know his exact location yet but give me time...."
Padik was already shaking his head. "I do not trust humans..."

View user profile

118 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Golias wasn't moving. He had seen his share of bodies, but this shocked even him. He watched the bodies sway, or what was left of them. His eyes then slid down to the mangled remains on the floor. "Lolly, did you hear the voices too?"

Jar ok was wringing his finger again im eager to simply get out of there. "Brother, please let him do it. We can wait by the entrance, it is the only way out for him."

119 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 pm

"Not always." Lolly whispered, careful not to look at the bodies as she skirted around them to the far side of the room. "They are only whispers and they only talk when I am..." She didn't finish. She had pushed open another door and was digging through it. "Look! There's Turian food in here!" She cried, holding up a box of rationed food. "And water! Here!" She didn't wait to see if he was catching things. She was tossing them with gusto.

"We'll take her with us. That way we can be sure he'll come back," Padik snarled. He was untying Ceres and yanking her away from Jared. "I've given you enough medigel to survive a night. Find that Turian. Make it fast. Or I will not make her death fast."

View user profile

120 Re: Scavengers on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Gloria's caught the first item tossed at him, then dodged the rest, even he couldn't keep up with the speed Lolly was throwing things. "Okay, so there's Turian food, but what do you eat, little girl?" He asked, understanding that she had just avoided giving an in depth answer about the voices.

Ceres was openly snarling at Padik, struggling in his grasp. "I will gut you like a fish!" She swore, her voice seeming to quiver with rage, not fear.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum