The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

481Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:35 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"This was my fault." Abalas breathed as they walked away from the smouldering ashes. "I warned you... Then forgot myself that Eirwen has eyes everywhere."

Dahlia closed her eyes as those long fingers traced her skin, feeling the tingle they left in their wake. "But... not beautiful in the way Gwen is, right?" She asked, again looking up over her shoulder at the man her father had decreed she would spent her immortality with.

482Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Oris didn't say anything. There wasn't much she could say. She'd learned long ago never to believe that she deserved anything other that smoldering ruin. 

Unlike Saul, Rothain was nothing special. He was a woodland elf. He had the typical brown hair that he tied back over his shoulder. His eyes were the wood green with flecks of brown woven in them. There were many that looked alot like him. 
He shook his head at his future bride, his lips set. "I used to think she was beautiful. But that beauty was only skin deep. It isn't worth so much anymore...
"I have seen you during the best and worst. You are beautiful during all of these."

483Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia covered her modesty with her arms hugged around herself as she turned to face Rothain, wearing a clearly perplexed expression. When had this happened? When had a man who once claimed to despise her, suddenly seen a beauty no one else could? "But you loved her long before I was even born." She whispered. "Does love fade so easily?"

Gwen had come practically skipping back into the dining hall to sit beside her mother. "Mother, dearest, I believe the lesson you gave Daddy last time wasn't quite harsh enough." she purred close to the elder woman's ear. "He's at it again... This time with that disgusting little human."

484Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't believe so." Rothain said, trying to keep his eyes from glancing where they shouldnt. "I don't think I was truly in love with her. Otherwise it wouldn't be so very easy to simply let her go."

Eirwen scowled, glancing toward the door. "What did you do, girl?" She snapped, knowing that Abalas would soon come thundering into the hall. She'd yet to make her move against the human. She didn't want anything ruining it now.

485Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What if she won't let you go?" Dahlia pondered out loud. "I don't know why she hates me so much... I have no stake on the throne."

Gwen smiled sweetly, though she looked anything but. "There may have been a mishap with those hideous flowers of hers."

486Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:32 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She hates you because your father gAve me to you instead of her. Though...I admit I don't understand his reasons much better than either of you."

Eirwen made a face. "They were ugly, weren't they?" She muttered, still watching the door. "At least you did one thing right."

487Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What makes you his to give?" Dahlia asked seriously. "Are you not a free man? My father always makes it sound like he is the one who owes you."

It was before Gwen could answer that the king came stomping into the dining hall, soaking wet. "You!" He tapped a long finger at his eldest daughter. "You think because you are my blood, you can do as that selfish little heart desires?"

488Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"In the grand scheme of things I am nothing more than the king's guardsman. I have saved his life a time or two. But that's nothing any other elf wouldn't do."

Eirwen breathed a sigh of relief. For once he was not blaming her.

489Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then what does that say about me, that he should hand me over to any man?" Dahlia asked seriously. 

His family had finally pushed the elven king too far. His endless excuses and patience for his children had snapped and he had the solution. "I am to blame, I afforded every one of you a life of luxury without you ever lifting a finger. That is not what is best for the kingdom, for our people. The law of succession by bloodline is hereby abolished. As of tomorrow, a tournament shall be held to decide who is actually capable of ruling a kingdom."

490Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Not just any man, his most trusted." Rothain corrected, realizing he'd spent too long standin here for that to remain true much longer. "You are his most precious he wouldn't give you away to just anyone. Get dressed. We've been gone too long."

"What?!" Eirwen was on her feet at this, filled with rage. "Has that human addled your brain?! Your son is getting the throne. There is no tournament!"

491Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia's icy walls seemed to slam back into place with Ruthann's abrupt words. "Go back to the dining hall then, I need time alone to get dressed."

"I cannot trust some spoiled little brat with an entire kingdom!" Abalas bellowed. "Why, he isn't even here to attend your silly little dinner!"

492Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I will wait in the hall. " Rothain sighed, not sure what he'd done to make her angry so quickly. He was good at it he supposed.

"Andaer is tending to your people's needs. You have been far too busy playing with your new toy to care about any of that." Eirwen hissed. "Someone has to run your kingdom, your grace."

493Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The second the door shut Dahlia was tearing around her room, pulling out her hunting gear and fastening each strap into place even as she sought out her boots and her bow. She was going to protect her father at any cost. It was those words she told herself as she stepped out onto her balcony and began to climb down the ivy that grew on the palace wall.

This did not seem to sit well with Abalas. "Tell me, my love, was he running the kingdom well when he allowed his little sister to flee the border and attack a human king? Try and blame that one on me, please. Given that I was attending to business with your family in the eastern woods at the time!"

494Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain had an odd feeling Dahlia wasn't going to stick around. He headed to the dinning hall, missing the strange creature that sat in the darkness, watching everything that was happening. It saw him, however and smiled. It had it's orders. Killing the woodland elf was one of them. His death wasn't going to be quick, or easy. But slow and painful. Just like the king's. 

"Her leaving is your problem, not ours. She is not his to keep up with. Your indiscretion is nothing that the royal family should have to concern themselves with. If you wanted a babysitter, you should have left behind that worthless guardsman. Not a future king!" Eirwen shouted.

495Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia saw the destruction in the cover of the garden and knew instantly who was to blame, it had her sister's name all over it. The youngest princess stopped by her mother's grave first, explaining to her why she had to leave again.

Without a word Abalas was suddenly upon his queen, long fingers curling around her beautifully slender neck. "Forgive me, I forgot for a second who was the current ruler here. Oh... Wait..." He smiled cruelly, his ice coloured eyes revealing just how much eh and come to loathe the woman he once thought the source of all happiness.

496Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Are you sure leaving is such a good idea?" Iris asked, from where she stood watching Dahlia. "Your father will be heartbroken. He truly adores you."

"Get your hands off me!" Eirwen howled, pounding on his chest. "You're the basted here! How dare you blame me!"

497Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He traps me in his cage for my own safety... but what about his?" Dahlia asked without looking up. 

"I am king, I can do as I choose, is that not how you always saw things?" Abalas sneered. "Thinking you could not be punished, because you were Queen? Not even when you had someone murdered?"

498Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Is he in danger?" Iris asked, pulling nervously at her fingers. She knew this woman probably hated her like everyone else did. 

"Get your hands off me!" Eirwen hissed, still hitting  at him. "I am not sorry for what I did!"

499Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia felt her shoulders sag, as she really couldn't answer that. "I... don't know. I just feel that my brother, sister and step mother are up to something. Everyone here hates me, I need to find someone I can turn to for help." She couldn't look up at Iris for one simple reason; she was afraid she would see some similarity to Saul looking back at her.

"Oh, you should be." Abalas remarked darkly. "OUT! All of you!" the king bellowed to everyone else in the room.

500Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"There is no one here? I thought his people cared for him." Iris stepped closer to her, worry evident in her voice. "What can I do to help?"

The room cleared in little more than an instant. "Your children will not stand for this. You murder me and I swear you will regret the decision with your life!"

501Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I now think Rothain is the only loyal man he has." Dahlia whispered, afraid someone was listening. "It seems like the Queen has them all living in fear, right under my father's nose."

"Silly woman, you think murder is the worst I could do?" Abalas purred.

502Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I wondered that." Iris nodded. " no one in this castle will so much as speak to me. One maid burst into tears when I asked for warm water."

"You have become weak and complacent." Eirwen hissed. "These days you are lititle better than a low lander pig."

503Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia nodded her head. "They will do anything she asks of them, no matter what it is." She breathed. "Ever since my mother died, my father told me it was a human hunter that killed her. Lately... I'm not so certain."

"Funny you say that... Your father was thanking me for taking you off his farm when I was last there." Abalas purred spitefully. "You forget where you came from, that I broke with tradition to marry the daughter of a shit farmer! But that girl... That sweet, kind young woman... She died so long ago."

504Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Abalas told me she tried to place the blame on his guardsman. She used his knife. The same one that was used to kill the dwarf. But Rothain adored your mother. He wouldn't have..."

"You chose me. I did nothing for you to replace me. She.. deserved her fate as much as..." Eirwen stopped speaking, again trying to push him away. "Get off me, you bastasrd!"

505Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He said the same human attacked me too..." Dahlia was frowning now. The way Rothain had touched her scars earlier, had been like he had seen them for the first time. "I think the Queen did it too."

"You are not of royal blood, Iris is. Even the girl you hate so much, little Dahlia had a royal mother." Abalas sneered. "The second you loved the crown more than me, that was the day my love for you died."

506Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"If you think so then why are you leaving?" Iris asked her, bow even more worried for the elven king. She'd been distracting him. It was dangerous...

"I am your wife. I am Queen now. There is nothing you can do about it!" Eirwen hissed, baring her teeth. "Act like a monster all you want. It won't change anything. And I refuse your tournament!"

507Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I can't fight so many backstabbers alone." Dahlia insisted. "I need help... I need someone who can fight."

"You can refuse nothing, woman. You have no power, your task is to side at my side and look pretty. Needless to say, your black heart prevents you from doing even that now!"

508Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You're not thinking about Saul, are you? He hates your father. He won't help. Not after the way we left things." Iris said, shaking her head.

"I am beautiful! How dare you say that!" Eirwen was screaming now, ugly tears streaming down her cheeks. "Oh...I hate you, you cruel bastard! I cannot wait until you are dead!"

509Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I had no choice!" Dahlia snapped before she could bite her tongue. "They tied me up and took me away like a slave!"

"I will see this kingdom burn before I see your children on the throne." Abalas swore hatefully.

510Old Grudges - Page 17 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I meant what happened with my daughter." Iris said softly. "Saul loved Molly. He claimed her as his own. She was his heir. He'll blame your father for not saving her. What happened to you was not your fault."

"We shall see." Eirwen snarled. "Why don't you go bed your human toy. While you still can."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next