The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

571Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas sighed heavily, his arms holding Iris a little tighter. "Ro, Dahlia is still so young. You cannot trust her to know what her heart wants." He breathed. "Don't worry about me, I can handle a elvish housewife."

"It doesn't matter. What I want matters little in the grand scheme of things." Dahlia breathed, though she averted her violet gaze, as though ashamed for Saul to look into her eyes. "I don't want people to die, does that make me the wicked creature you seem to think me?"

572Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

For the first time in a while Rothain actually smiled. "Is that so?" He chuckled. "You have not met my mother. She borders on insane. I'm worried you will gain hundreds of pounds by the time you leave her home and I only plan to leave you there one night!" He teased. 

"If you have not changed, then kiss me. It will feel the same as it did when you were here last." Saul breathed. "Everything will be the way that it was."

573Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I am king, I do not gain weight." Abalas chuckled. "And if she was so bad, you would not be bringing us to her."

"A kiss?" Dahlia asked with a frown. "It cannot be the way it was... You abandoned me, Saul." Despite her words, the young princess took a step closer to him. "I waited for you... And you never came!"

574Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"There is nowhere safer in the seven kingdoms, sire!" Rothain laughed. "Not even the ogers would dare tred there lest she feed them too!"

"Your father wouldn't let me and your castle isn't exactly eazy to find." Saul snapped. "Don't think I didn't try!"

575Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And just how did you escape then?" Abalas asked with a little smirk.

Dahlia wished she could believe him. "It doesn't matter now. If I don't bring help... My step mother and her children will kill my father and seize control of the kingdom. My broken heart matters little."

576Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:43 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My father heard you were looking for a guardsman from the village blacksmith. He was always desperate for the wood elves to rise above our lot so..." rothain was grinning now too. "Weighted down with enough food to feed an army, I left her." His smile faultered as he looked at the quiet house. "I have not spoken to them since. I don't know what they think of me..."

"If I help...your father will owe me a favor. Do you think?" Saul asked.  He was already wondering if maybe he could pretend to help Dahlia and then have his men wipe them all out. He could take back his sister and Dahlia and there wasn't a damn thing Abalas could do about it.
"I'll help you." He said softly. "But you have to think of something to offer in return."

577Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"So... what could really happen, is your mother could blame me for stealing her fat little boy?" Abalas chuckled.

"I am essentially homeless right now, Saul. I have nothing to offer you." Dahlia breathed, rather naively. "My father has much wealth, is that not enough?"

578Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Are you saying I'm fat?" Rothain pretended to be wouneed as he jumped off his horse. "I can hardly see how that is possible. Being in your service keeps me on my toes. The cakes i must fetch for you..." he rarely joked this way with his king. He supposed they both knew it was the last time they would see one another.

"I want you." Saul told her firmly. "If you can't offer it then go ahead and leave."

579Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I'm saying she may start saying I've been starving you!" Abalas laughed as he dismounted his own stead and reached up to lift Iris down.

Dahlia stood there in stunned silence, trying to understand what she had just heard. "I don't understand." She finally whispered, though the back of her mind knew exactly what he meant.

580Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She will not notice me." Rothain said as he shook his head. "Especially not when you bring in the little human." 
Iris yawned prettily, blinking her eyes as she looked around them at the enchanted woods. Despite what the elves may think of the wood lands, she was already in love with it. It was a beautiful place. 

"Yes you do." Saul said. "One night. In my bed. I offer my army to save a man I hate...I expect something extra special for it. Are we clear?"

581Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"How could anyone resist." Abalas agreed softly as he looked down at Iris with adoration. Both men would no doubt regret going there, had they known what Dahlia was agreeing to for their sakes right then.

Dahlia was nervously wringing her slender fingers together as her wide violet eyes looked up at Saul. A month ago she would have smile wryly and told Saul he could have any kind of wicked way with her he liked. That was when she still believed him a gentle soul. "What if I cannot give you... extra special?" the dark haired princess breathed.

582Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Elves don't like humans. This won't go well." Iris said softly, seriously considering offering to stay outside with the horses. Once again she was nervously braiding the horse's mane. 
"She'll think you are a skeleton and try to feed you." Rothain said as he headed toward the first tree and knocked on the trunk. "Or maybe she will be jealous. Who can say with my mother?" 

"You'll figure it out if you want me to save your father." Saul said darkly, beginning to put on the last of his armor. "Last chance."

583Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Or perhaps she will slam the door in horror at the tiny creature?" Abalas teased Iris gently. "I hear the food of the wood elves is actually rather good."

Dahlia returned to toying with her fingers. "If I agree... My father will owe you nothing, all debts will be paid." She told Saul, trying to appear braver than she felt.

584Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

A man that didn't look so different from Rothain opened the door, his green eyes sweeping over the three people that stood there. "There is nothing for you here." He said in a soft tone, taking a step back to close the door before Rothain could stop him. 

"Things will go back to the way they were. As if nothing ever happened." Saul promised, nodding his head ever so slightly. "Do that please you?"

585Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Is that how wood elves address their king?" Abalas asked, hoping it would at least keep the door open.

"Just one night?" Dahlia asked as she chewed on her full lower lip.

586Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:57 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The door stopped just as it was about to click and the man peeked out, looking Abalas over almost suspiciously. "My king does not arrive without an entourage. I see none of that here."

"Why? You plan on going back to that asshole elf boy that wants to marry you?" Saul asked, striding towards the door. "I thought you wereally running away from him too."

587Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:40 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He does if the kingdom is in serious trouble, sir." Abalas replied firmly. "It is the kind of trouble that would bring war to your doorstep, and to your family."

"It hard to know what you want, when you are traded like a piece of meat!" Dahlia shot back hotly. "I thought... You were different!"

588Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The elder elf gave Abalas a strange look but opened the door wider for him. "Let me guess. That wicked boy of yours has finally staged a take over?" He asked. 
"Sire, meet my father, Mirlath." Rothain said softly. "He's not so bad once he's said his peace."

"You and your kind stole everything from me. There's not much left of the man I was." Saul said darkly. "Your father always knew how to dig a knife in deep." 

589Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Boy... Girl...Wife, take your pick." Abalas snorted. "Things are rather uncertain at the moment."

"You hate my kind, and yet you wish to claim me as your prize? Why?" Dahlia asked softly, trying to understand the monster she had once known as a man.

590Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I cannot say that I understand." Mirlath said, lighting a candle and setting it on the table. "All of my children are obedient and hard working. They were pushed of of the nest for their own good. You have seen the results in my eldest."

"My reasons now are much different than what you once were. Months have passed. I have lost everything. I want to hurt your father as he hurt me." Saul told her honestly.

591Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas found himself nodding and smiling. "You should be proud of Rothain, he is the only I had ever considered to marry my youngest daughter. There is no one braver than him."

"By hurting me?" Dahlia asked quietly. "What happens once you get what you desire from me?"

592Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Mirlath looked at his son, nodding ever so slightly. "I am pleased that he has found favor with you. But marrying a princess? He is hardly worthy of that. However, there is another matter here. The human concubine. Why bring her along? Could this not be the reason your family is at odds with you, good king?"

"You will go back hone to your father." Saul told her, as if it were that simple. "You will marry your elf and go on with your life."

593Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas lost his smile with those words and slid a protective arm around Iris. "This woman, is a princess from the human kingdom. You would do well to treat her as such." 

"After you have violated me like one of your brothel whores?" Dahlia asked with a scowl. "Rothain is a proud man, he won't want soiled goods."

594Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"As you wish, your majesty. I shall offer you a room for as long as you need it."mirlath said softly. "My wife shall tend to your needs in the morning."

"That's not my problem." Saul said darkly. "Yout can play clean up if you must. If you want my help, there is a price."

595Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Is there a room for Iris?" Abalas asked, thinking of royal human protocol and how a princess really wouldn't want to sleep alone with someone who wasn't her husband.

"If the cost of saving my father, and Rothain, is allowing a monster to defile me... Then so be it." Dahlia breathed bravely.

596Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:26 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You'll forgive me, your highness, but we are simple wood elves." Mirlath said, shaking his head. "I have one room to offer you with one bed. You will have to share with her. There is nothing else." 
"It's all right." Iris said softly. "You're nothing but a perfect gentleman. I am safe with you." 

"So kind of you." Saul muttered, rolling his eyes. He opened the door to his room, scowling when he saw the state of his guards. "Nice work. How am I supposed to save your father if you took out half of my army?" He growled.

597Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas smiled down at Iris before offering her a playful smirk. "I'm actually an insatiable dog, you know." He teased.

"Why would I want such weak men to stand against the finest elven soldiers, if they can't even stand against one woman?" Dahlia countered. "I could have killed you where you sat."

598Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Interesting." Iris purred, as she got to her feet. Mirlath motioned for them to follow him down a dark hallway. "I was always taught that dogs were to sleep on the floor. At least I won't feel guilty about not sharing." She went on, giving the elven king a wicked grin.

"I heard you coming." Saul said as if his answer mattered little.  "Perhaps I was ready to die...you're right. What do we need soldiers for? I can handle whatever battles there are alone."

599Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Dogs get belly rubs." Abalas mused as they walked. Even for a brief moment he was able to forget the dire circumstances that had brought them her in the first place.

"You are over confident, and such confidence is misplaced." Dahlia sniffed. "I could best you myself, never mind the best fighters in my father's guard."

600Old Grudges - Page 20 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My aunt had a little dog that wore a sweater. It loved belly rubs too. I suppose if you keep your sweater on..." Iris snickered. 
"Sleep well, my lord." Mirlath said darkly, pushing open the door. 

Saul turned to her, his blue eyes flaming. "You know nothing about me. Just because I was a fool with a weak mind doesn't mean I'm not a warrior! You don't know me!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next