The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

841Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Rightfully yours?" Abalas sneered, taking a step closer to Saul. "You think because you tried to be her hero when she was running from her people that that gives you ownership of my daughter?" He asked thinly. "As for Iris, you have no right to anything, as you so lovingly pointed out, she is not human and as is soon to be my Queen."

"You could have stopped it." Darla whispered. "You knew it was coming... You knew everything that was happening. But you just stood there while they killed me... And mutilated my Dahlia."

842Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What?" This was echoed by both brother and sister. Though Iris seemed more surprised at this than Saul did. The golden haired king was shaking his head. "You must have been hit in the head harder than I thought. After what you did to her? And not to mention her daughter. There's no way I would ever allow it. She's coming home with me." 

"Your husband did that." The djinni told her, crouching to slide his fingers through a pile of gold he'd pushed against one wall. "It's not may fault you'd crossed over by that point. And besides, you never said you loved me. You said that you shouldn't and couldn't. What happened to you was...your fault. Hell, you don't even remember my name."

843Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I see..." Abalas replied rather calmly. "But it was an entirely different matter when you tried to make my daughter your Queen?"

Darla watched the creature that had once offered her the world, her own bright violet eyes seeming a little unfocused and betraying the truth that she was trying to remember. "I said shouldn't... And only that I couldn't love someone knowing they would leave me once my final wish was done."

844Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Your daughter agreed to it." Saul snapped. "I have heard nothing from my sister that indicates she wishes to lose her head." He made a move to get to his sister, only to be blocked by Rothain. Again the two men clashed their swords. "Seeing as you refuse to have your daughter adhere to her end of our bargain, you have nothing to even have me considering leaving Iris here." 

"You never even tried. How could you? I am a monster, remember? Not lovely like your precious Abalas." The djinni muttered.

845Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Dahlia is dead!" Abalas finally roared. "I killed her! I thrust my sword through her chest, and Rothain was the one to catch her!" His chest was heavily, his body soon to refuse to remain upright. "Did you ever stop to think what Iris wants? You cannot dictate her life to her, boy!"

"And my magic, that was not the only reason you wanted me at all?" Darla asked as a fat tear dripped down her cheek. "You only came to me after my parents were dead, when you knew all the magic of the Fae was entrusted to me!" It was beginning to seem like Abalas had misplaced his love in the woman he once revered so highly.

846Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I am her brother and king. I can do as I please!" Saul roared, knowing that Abalas was barely standing as it was. "She is coming home with me!" 
Rothain stood next to his king, ensuring the other man remained standing as long as he needed to. This was hell on them both but until things had settled down they must remain strong. 
"Saul, I'm not going anywhere." Iris said, having trouble getting to her feet. She too was still bleeding. This battle had affected everyone. "Whether I become his queen or not, I still love him. I will be staying." 

"You called me. Remember?" The creature asked her softly. "You whispered my name in your spell, just as you were told to do. The death of your Fae family was a bonus to me and nothing more."

847Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Sorry, little boy, you're outnumbered." Abalas sneered. "Go home. Even if we find Dahlia's body, you will gain nothing from it."

"You preyed on my sorrow." Darla breathed. "I needed guidance... you wanted enjoyment."

848Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You are keeping her from me." Saul hissed, meaning both Dahlia and his sister. "I won't stand for this, Abalas. Either give me one of them or I will return and burn your kingdom to the ground. Do you hear me?" 
"You are apparently blind and stupid." Rothain shot back. "If your deal was to help Dahlia save her father, you failed miserably. You were controlled by a djinni and did nothing when you were needed. Go home, human. There is nothing for you here." 

"I gave you what you needed." The creature snapped, turning his back on her. "You ran to the elf king and dropped yourself in his bed. I was not good enough...or beautiful enough for you."

849Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas was glad of Rothain's support more than ever right then. "I can give you gold, I know how much your kind value material possessions." He growled. "But Iris stays here, and you will get nothing from my daughter, if she even still draws breath."

"You keep saying that..." Darla whispered, moving a little closer to the djinni. "You are the one who calls yourself a monster, you know that is never how I saw you."

850Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Saul shook his head. "I'll be staying until she is found." He said firmly. "You have no problem hosting visiting dignitary do you?"
Rothain gave a heavy sigh. "I shall prepare the southern rooms for him." He muttered. "And then strangle him in his sleep." He added under his breath. 

"Oh yes. You felt so wonderfully about me." The djinni snorted. "You must still hold that, seeing as you are so quick to remember my name."

851Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That would be most agreeable." Abalas replied with a slight smile, making it clear he had heard what Rothain had uttered.

Darla sighed softly and turned away from the djinni to sit by her daughter's side. "You really place such a high value on a name, Marid?" She asked sadly.

852Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Your majesty." Iris' voice was little more than a whisper. She was standing at his elbow. Gently she motioned to the growing crowd of elves that were bowing before Abalas. Many of them were simply begging for mercy.

Marid closed his eyes, the forbidden sound of his name so sweet on her lips. "You know I do." He breathed, returning to his treasures. "It is all that remains of me. My source of power and...freedom."

853Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas didn't wan tot have to deal with any of them right then. "Take the wounded elsewhere, the rest of you clean away all evidence of what happened here."

"Power is all you ever cared about." Darla breathed. "Who would make the best wishes, and grant you the most power with their greed."

854Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Nine months seemed to pass quickly for the elven kingdom. Healing and repairs took up much of the time. Rothain threw himself into the work, refusing to rest until he was ready to collapse. He spent his free time looking for Dahlia with no luck.
Iris stayed with the wounded when she wasn't with Abalas, caring for them as if they were her own people. The elves came to adore her, though they still kept their distance because they believed her to be human. 
Saul had gone back to his own kingdom, though he left behind a man of his own who was to give any word if there was sight of the princess.

Marid had put aside his search for a new master and tended to Dahlia. He kept to himself for the most part, refusing to allow her to so much as look at his treasures.

855Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas made every effort to appear like the strong king, while inside he wanted to pull Iris into his arms and simply hide away someplace dark. Nine months was a long time to have everyone look to him for answers. Most of all, it was a long time of not knowing if he had killed his daughter or not.

Dahlia had no idea her mother's spirit was so close. When she had woken, to the cold room and the creature watching over her, the young woman assumed this was some sort of afterlife. It had taken much time for Marid to convince her otherwise.

856Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Evenings were hardest on Rothain. Once he would leave the king's side he would head to the gardens and lose himself in the memories. He had restored the garden himself, paying close attention to the rainbow colored roses. 
Iris followed him out that evening, silently helping him to weed and water them.

Marid spent his evenings shoving his gold pieces into a cranny and placing wards over it to keep Dahlia from touching it. He was glaring at her every so often, sure she was going to steal from him.

857Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas could see them both from the edge of the garden. He appreciated what they were doing, but he could see Rothain's pain like a bonfire in the dead of night. "She would be proud of you." The king told his friend, resting a gentle hand on his shoulder once he was close enough.

Once she was strong enough Dahlia had devoted herself to looking for a way out, caring little about anything else. She didn't know if it was that no one knew where she was... or simply that they weren't looking.
"You know, glaring at her like that will only make her mad." Darla mused, her lips close to Marid's ear as she laughed quietly.

858Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain jumped, having been lost in his thoughts. "she never cared for me." He said softly, giving the elder man a sheepish smile. "I do not blame her."

Marid glanced at the spirit and chuckled. "I am not afraid of her, if that's what you're hinting at. She reminds me too much of myself for that."

859Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You sound so certain, she told you this?" Abalas asked, even crouching between Rothain and Iris to help them with the weeding.

"I think you fear yourself most of all." Darla breathed, kissing Marid's cheek lightly before giving his personal space back.

860Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris turned her head, giving the king a grateful smile. It had been a while since he'd done something like this. Getting his hands dirty was almost odd. Becoming king again had changed him somewhat. There was always the need for his attention and time. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been alone with him. 
"Shall I recount the many stories?" Rothain asked, still smiling sadly. "Or maybe I should remind you of the man she brought back to our lands with us." 

"There are no exits, child." Marid said, stuffing a large golden bowl into another open space. "Stop trying to escape from me. You will not go until I am sure you are ready for it. You are still limping and your breathing is strained. My magicks are still in use for you." He paused scowling at the way she touched the nearest wall. "Stop touching things."

861Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"From what that idiot, no offence, said, she made a deal to save us." Abalas replied, casting an apologetic glance at Iris when he called her brother an idiot. "I just wish I knew what she promised him."

Simply to annoy Marid, Dahlia smoothed her palm over the wall whilst keeping her gaze locked with his own. "Make me."

862Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It must have been something he wants badly if he still has eyes and ears here." Iris said softly, pulling out the last weed and tossing it aside. "
"Indeed. We receive daily missives from him and his ambassador saying that he will get what he was promised or he will take back his sister." Rothain sighed, dusting off his pant legs. He got to his feet and helped the king to his. "Now that things are restored, we should turn our thoughts toward a wedding, sire. That way he cannot take what doesn't belong to him."

Marid scowled deeply, getting to his feet to pace. He had never shared his world with anyone else. This was hell for him and he hardly realized it. He didn't even see just how selfish and greedy he'd gotten. It had only become worse after the death of Darla.

863Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What's that? You're proposing to the future queen for me?" Abalas mused as he slid an arm around Iris and pulled her close.

"Yeah, just as I thought." Dahlia snorted before flopping down on the pile of blankets she had been calling her bed. "Why did you even save me?"

864Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:15 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain bowed his head, "Forgive me, sire. I have become far too presumptious lately. I shouldn't have said..." he sighed softly. "I will take my leave now." He was gone before the elder man could say anything more. 
It took Iris a moment to realize they were alone. It was the first time in almost nine months. "Your people would never stand for a human as your wife." She said softly, picking dirt off the front of her gown. "I am happy just being here, your majesty. I don't feel so worthless when I'm here with all of you."

"I'm waiting for you to make your wishes." Marid said, his talons tapping a small golden statue that stood next to where he kept himself perched. "I offered them to you a while back. Remember that?"

865Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas hadn't meant to offend Rothain like he had, and wished he could make the other man smile again. "Iris, you know they already accept you." He breathed. "They trust the ones who help them."

"I'm not making wishes." Dahlia told Marid simply. "Such a thing doesn't come without a price."

866Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:48 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I've missed you." Iris said quickly, afraid she would lose her nerve if she didnt. "Would it be wrong of me to ask you to spend the night with me?" She asked, blushing deeply. "Even if we just..talk...I...need you." 

"Too bad for you." Marid chuckled, now inspecting the statue closer. "I can be patient. Besides, I think another elf is thinking of summoning me. It will be harder for him considering he is a lowly wood elf. You've heard about their magickal abilities ."

867Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:02 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Just talk?" Abalas asked with a teasing smile, though the arm he had around Iris squeezed her a little tighter. "How about we forget I am king for the day? It is just the two of us."

"I didn't summon you." Dahlia pointed out sullenly. She was trying hard not to seem to eager about asking questions, but ultimately couldn't help it. "A wood elf? Why would they need you?"

868Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"An entire day, my lord?" It was Iris' turn to take on the teasing tone as she led Abalas back into the palace. "I don't think you can handle so much time with me. You'll be bored in the space of a few hours. We should probably just stick to the night..." She breathed. 
Soon enough they were in the king's chambers. She'd never been in that particular room before. She wasn't to know that Eirwen hadn't either. "Oh Maker..." She let go his hand and simply stared at the ornate design and the expanse of the room itself. "This place is what I dreamed heaven would look like." 

"Once I have been seen the idea that I can change their fate or that of someone they love most often becomes too much to bear. Sometimes it's greed. But in this man's case...it's purely fate. He knows it's wrong but he thinks selling his soul might just...." Marid paused and gave a playful snort. "You don't care about that. I am wasting breath. Shall I tell you the tale of a human I once offered my services to?"

869Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas seemed rather embarrassed by Iris's reaction. "No... It's just a room." He chuckled. "I would hope your heaven was a little less dark." The king added, though he was enjoying watching Iris react to all the finery in the room. "You're royalty, didn't your home have room just like this one?"

Dahlia didn't realise it, but she was pouting childishly. "You can't take a man's soul, not if he's in love. Does it not already belong to the one who gave him their heart?" She asked, toying with the ends of her long hair as she watched Marid. "Human's are a worthless waste of space anyway."

870Old Grudges - Page 29 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"If it did, I never saw it." Iris said, chewing on her bottom lip as she fought the urge to climb on the ornate bed and bounce on it. Her vibrant green eyes were sparkling with the very mischief behind the idea. "My own room was little more than a bed and a dresser. Perhaps a doll at one time..." She touched the silken sheets, marveling at their texture. She'd never felt anything close to this. 

"If the one he is longing for is gone...then his soul is up for grabs. Am I right?" Marid asked, holding up the statue. He was comparing it to her and frowning deeply. "You don't look anything like your father. How can the winter elf trait be so lost on you? Father's genes are dominate. You are strange."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next