The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

871Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I see..." abayas could see what Iris was thinking right then like it was being written in their air above her head. Giving the young woman little warning, the white haired elf picked Iris up and tossed her onto the large bed so she bounced several times within the soft sheets.

"And you bore me." Dahlia snapped, simply for something to say. It had always been a rather sore point that her two siblings looked so much like the father they all shared, yet she had no physical traits that linked her to him, save for perhaps the slight point to her ears. "So I look like my mother, why is that such a crime?"

872Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris dissolved into helpless giggles. She'd never been allowed do anything so impetuous or silly. Those that cared for her would have had a heart attack on the spot and probably beat her for even the thought. 
She got to her feet and simply jumped, her long blonde curls bouncing around her. She couldn't see it but Abalas would. The ears that had been cut and burned at her birth had begun to grow back, curving to an obvious point. But because of her hair it was almost impossible to see this. 

The statue in Marid's hand took on a lifelike form, looking like a minature version of the elven king. The djinni again held it up, shaking it until the statue made a face. "Look. You have no features of his. No white hair. No ice colored eyes. You do not even possess his nose." He came closer to her, showing her the figure. "Father's traits are dominate....your mother is...was a whore."

873Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas saw it, though didn't pass comment. He watched Iris bounce, his gaze on her ears each time her hair flew up in the air. By the ancestors was he curious who her father actually was.

Dahlia slapped the status from Marid's hand and scowled up at him deeply. "You don't even know my mother!" She hissed. "Don't you dare call her that!"

874Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Sorry," Iris finally stopped bouncing and sat down, looking rather sheepish. "I should...go..." she scooted to the edge of the bed, sure he was going to tell her to leave.

"why did you do that?!" Marid shouted, scrambling for the statue. "Don't touch my things!"

875Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas caught Iris's wrist gently and prevented her from running away again. "Three good bounces and you're ready to flee?" He chuckled, tossing her back onto the bed. "Come now, I expect at least four more!" He declared before climbing up onto the bed and bouncing with her.

Dahlia grabbed the statue before Marid could. "Then don't call my dead mother a whore!" She hissed.

876Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain woke up the next morning to the palace grounds covered in snow. The early servants were already out in it, laughing and giggling as they joyously enjoyed the pristine powder that still fell over their kingdom. It took him a while to even remember what he was looking at. It had been so long since he'd seen snow here. The last time had been the birth of Dahlia. It could only mean that the king was for once truly happy. 

"Give me that!" Marid hissed, holding out taloned hands for the statue. "It's not yours. It's mine. You have no use for such a thing. Give it back." His body practically shook as he demanded the artifact. His greed was evident in his every movement.

877Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas didn't even realise that he had let his happiness seep from this room. He was lay there with Iris in his arms, simply watching her sleep. His gaze had however strayed to her ears again, and he lightly traced a finger along the pointed tip.

"Why? What is it?" Dahlia asked, dancing easily out of Marid's reach. "Tell me, and I may give it back to you."

878Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris sighed softly, flinching only slightly when she felt his cool fingers touching her. She borrowed deeper into the covers, seeking the warmth there. She murmured his name as she went, pulling the covers over her head. 

"It is mine!" Marid shouted, clearly distraught that she had the statue. He continued to hold out his hand for it, though he was lurching toward her. "Give it to me! You could never appreciate something like that!"

879Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas smiled and carefully slid himself away from the young woman. He made sure the covers didn't slip away and steal the warmth she was craving then dressed himself an ensured his ice white hair was presentable. "We need to talk." He told Rothain gently when he found the younger elf.

"Why? Because I'm just the daughter of a whore? A king's dirty little mistake?" Dahlia asked bitterly.

880Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:09 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I will not marry the human in your place, sire." Rothain said softly, glancing toward his king as the elder man entered the room. "Forgive my insolence." He added, bowing. The servants playing in the snow came to a halt and bowed as well, silence suddenly heavy over the courtyard. 

The statue shifted in her hand, showing her a tiny Rothain. The wood elf looked as he always did, serious and reserved. This time, however, there was a darkness in his eyes that had never been there before.
"That is mine!" Marid shouted yet again. He tried to swipe the statue away from her to no avail.

881Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:31 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas glanced out over the now silent courtyard, the heavy weight that had been pressing down on his shoulders returning. "That isn't why I came." He told the other man wearily. "You have changed, Rothain. Dahlia is the reason, don't think I don't know it."

"Ro..." Dahlia breathed the other elf's name and lightly traced a shaking finger over the face of the statue in her hand.

882Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain was silent, not sure how to answer his king. "She is gone." He said softly, nudging at the snow with his boot. "It is something I will have to come to terms with. Give me time, sire."

The distraction was enough for Marid to grab the statue. He hissed at her as he stomped back to his side of the cave and shoved it into one of the cracks. "Do not touch my things!" He shouted at her.

883Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I missed everything." Abalas confessed sadly. "I thought... She needed someone like you, someone to remind her when she took unneeded risks. I never saw how much you needed her too."

"Then let me out of here!" Dahlia practically screamed. "I never asked to be saved! I'm tired of this world, of the people in it!"

884Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I am not your kin, your highness. What I need should be of no concern to you. I am the one guarding you. Not the other way around." rothain smiled every so slightly. 

"Which is why we ate still stuck here." Marid snapped. "Because you are not ready. You are probably just angry that the statue didn't show you your human."

885Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And yet, you are the man my daughter loves." Abalas pointed out gently.

"I want nothing from any human! They are foul creatures who cannot keep their word!" Dahlia hissed, beginning to pick up anything she could find and toss it at Marid.

886Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain didn't believe a word of it. He was quick to change the subject rather than argue this point with the king. "The snow is beautiful, your majesty. I think your future bride will be pleased with it." He said softly, again poking at it with his boot. "This is what it looks like where you come from?" 

"Stop that!" Marid howled, diving to catch his precious treasures before they hit the ground. "Darla, deal with her! She is your child not mine! She is ruining my things!" He roared, almost tempted to throw them back at the dark haired girl.

887Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Once." Abalas replied, unchecked emotion creeping into his voice. "Once there was soft and gentle snow, just like this. But I had to leave... It became a world of ice. Ice and snow are two different creatures, Rothain."

Dahlia scowled and shook her head. "What is wrong with you?!" She hissed, his words clearly wounding her. "You call her a whore, and now you call to her spirit?!"

888Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I can imagine." Rohan whispered. He wondered if it felt anything like his heart did now. "I have news for you. I found Gwen last night. I've had her locked in the tower until I could speak to you." 

"Do not speak of things you don't know!" Marid snapped. "You see very little for one so magickal."

889Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas took his time before answering his friend. "You loved Gwen once. You would have no problem with taking her head if I asked it of you?" The king asked, though his gaze was out on the falling snow, not Rothain.

"Don't you start with that too!" Dahlia growled. "Why must everyone assume that all elves automatically know everything about magick!" She huffed, missing Marid's point entirely. "As much as it pains my father, I am a hunter. I am good with a bow and sword, magic is not something I care for!"

890Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I am your servant. Your right hand. I would kill myself if it would please you, sire." Rothain told the king honestly. "Personal feelings are a dangerous thing for a man in my position."

"So your father was human?" Marid appeared in front of her and poked her stomach. "I knew it. You are not the elf king's!"

891Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Rothain, many things are changing." abayas breathed. "I... I don't want someone who will simply do as I say. I need someone who can tell me what they think."

"Shut up!" Dahlia hissed, swatting at Marid's fingers. "Of course my father isn't human! You don't think Abalas would know if I was his child or not!"

892Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rohan gave his king a strange look. "I...am a solider, your majesty. my thoughts are on how to best protect and serve. I'm not sure I would be good at anything else." he turned his head away from the elder man, star g hard at the snow.

"The elf didn't even know the woman he was screwing was not human! He is blind! Perhaps you are more like him than you seem!" The djinni hissed.

893Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Is that how you were going to protect Dahlia? By doing whatever she said? That isn't love, child, that is servitude." Abalas pointed out sadly.

Dahlia watched Marid with a hateful gaze for a moment before the truth seemed to hit her. "You loved her." It wasn't a question, so much as an observation. "That's why it kills you to think she chose my father over you."

894Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My relationship with Dahlia is nothing like the one I have with you." Rothain snapped. "You know nothing about it." The moment he'd said it, the wood elf felt his insides burn. He'd been bred to treat his king as if he was the only one that mattered. Speaking to him this way was uncalled for. He would be lucky if the other man didn't beat him for it. Not that he didn't deserve it. 

Marid narrowed crimson eyes at Dahlia and shook his head. "Everyone was in love with your mother. All they had to do was look at her. I was not fool enough to think that she would stay....would show interest in a creature like me." He corrected quickly.

895Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas actually smiled. "That all I want, for you to have a mind of your own. Things are going to change, Rothain. I need you to be the one to lead that change."

"You're the one who came to me at the lake, aren't you?" Dahlia asked thinly. "You called me 'Queen'."

896Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rothain sighed heavily and shook his head. "Love is making you confusing, sire. I don't know what to make of you anymore." He muttered. "You weren't this bad even with Darla." He added, watching the elder man out of the corner of his eye. The king was barely paying attention to him. He was busy watching Iris as she stepped out onto the balcony and inspected the snow. He knew he'd lost the other man when the young woman grinned widely and began making a tiny snowman. 
He cursed in his native tongue and shook his head. This was going to be a long day. 

Marid instantly shut down, turning to gather the things that Dahlia had thrown. He wasn't about to talk about that. Especially not now. She was not ready to know. "She is your daughter." He hissed at the corner. "If you want her to know the truth, you should have told her. Everything. Perhaps you should have been more forthcoming with all of us!" He roared, stumbling over the statue that had somehow escaped it's hiding spot.

897Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas was indeed not really listening. He was making it snow even heavier, and sent a little of wind to blow the snow directly at Iris.

"Then perhaps you should have done something to prevent her mutilation and the wiping of her memories." Darla sniffed haughtily.

898Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:32 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris was laughing, pausing in her building to poke out her tongue to catch the snow. After a moment or two the cold wind had her heading back inside. Soon she was back in the king's warmest cloak and again building the snowman. 
"Oh ancestors preserve us, sire. This display from you is...not normal." Rothain muttered. "We should be discussing what happens to Gwen." 

"No! Again, that is not my problem!" Marid roared, no longer caring about the strange look the younger Fae was giving him as he marched over to yell at an empty corner. "She is not mine. Not my problem!"

899Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What do you think we should do?" Abalas asked. "You loved her for a long time, you know her better than anyone."

"I think it is as much your problem as anyone's." Darla mused. "I have to wonder, why did you watch her at the lake anyway?"

900Old Grudges - Page 30 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I haven't even spoken to her." Rothain said, shrugging his shoulders. "As of right now I want to execute her as we have done to the other traitors. When I found her in the woods she was angry and refused to even look at me." 

"Because I thought she was you!" Marid roared, shoving over a large pile of treasure. The gold and jewels went skittering in every direction, covering the floor. "You were my wife! Not his mistress! He never had any right to you! And yet you turned to him and then died for him! I despise all three of you!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next