The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

961Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Saul paid you to come here?" abayas asked thinly, wanting confirmation before he launched all out war on the humans. The dwarves would be meaningless to him beyond those in this room. 

Dahlia was shaking her head, backing up slightly. "No! You think I wouldn't remember if I once had wings?!" She hissed, though another steps took her through the spirit form of her mother. For a moment the room seemed to melt away, and all she could smell was the wild rose scent of her mother and feel her gentle arms holding her like she had as a child.

962Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"He said you were keeping something from him and knowing how selfish and entitled a creature you are, I believe it." Bartrand said darkly, nodding his head. "Last chance, elf. Give back my wife or watch your people burn." 

"You were very young." Marid said softly, turning away from the sight of Darla holding her daughter in the only way she could. "I'm surprised you remember the woman at all. I wish I were so lucky." He breathed.

963Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I want to hear this from him myself." Abalas informed Bartrand. "Bring the drunk in here, an I shall ask Iris to join us."

"You do love her then, don't you?" Dahlia breathed, the step forward she took pulling her from the embrace of a mother she didn't even know was there.

964Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Fine." Bartrand was now grinning wickedly. He motioned to another dwarf who took off running. "Now let me see my wife. I want to speak to her before the human gets in here and starts ruining everything." 

"You know nothing." Marid hissed. "Stop talking. I love no one but myself. That had always been true."

965Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Now why would he ruin anything, if you are allies?" Abalas asked in mock horror.

"Then either kill me, or let me go." Dahlia replied. "You gain nothing by my being here."

966Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The girl. Bring her here." Bartrand said firmly. "I want to see that you haven't harmed her. You elves are know for that when it comes to ugly human things."

Marid's fingers turned into a bright blue flame that shaped itself like a blade. He had made up his mind. He was going to kill the last of the Fae and bathe the world in darkness. There was no longer a reason not to.

967Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then why would we harm one of our own?" Abalas asked, though a wave of his regal hand alerted one of the men to the fact he wanted Iris brought here.

"Do it." Dahlia breathed, her violet eyes reflecting the blue flames beautifully. "If I am Fae, like you say... I'm the last one. Forever alone."

968Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris entered a few minutes later, looking rather confused and worried. She didn't seem to notice the dwarves standing around the room as she fixed her eyes on the elven king. When she reached his throne she curtsied, nervously pulling at a loose string on her dress. "You sent for me, your highness?" She asked softly, daring to meet his gaze at last. 

"I will make your future husband watch." Marid purred, his chest rising and falling wildly. He was so close. It was almost over. He was going to watch the last of his curse die away. And then he was going to make the entire world suffer. It was going to be delicious. "I will make him see what I have done to you and when he realizes that he was simply too weak to stop it, I will give him agony beyond anything he can understand. And then I will allow the rest of the elves to join him. Your father as well. I cannot wait for that moment."

969Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Iris, do you recognise that lump of stinking flesh over there?" Abalas asked, gesturing on Bartrand's general direction.

"Big words, for a creature controlled by two simple words." Dahlia breathed, her violet eyes suddenly darkening as she made her choice on what to do. "I wish... For immunity from any harm you try to cause me, or my father."

970Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris turned her head and instantly a shadow fell over her face. She did her best to remain calm, though her hands shook wildly. "I do." She breathed, no longer able to look at Abalas. "That is...Bartrand...your majesty. My...husband..." 

"Damn you!" Marid screamed, knowing he would have to obey these words whether he wanted to or not. At this point he was absolutely livid. The fire that engulfed his hand shot up his arm and covered his body. He threw back his head and roared in anger, unable to control himself.

971Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I see." Abalas replied coolly. "It seems your husband wishes to take you away from here, is that something you want?"

Dahlia's pink lips curled into a self satisfied smile as she watched Marid throw his fit. "What's the matter? You wanted me to wish." She purred.

972Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris returned her gaze to Abalas, her chin quivering violently. She shook her head ever so slightly, but knew she couldn't answer this question. A wife had no business telling her husband she didn't want to go with him, no matter how true it was. 
Bartrand was smiling wolfishly. Iris was had always been so easy to cow. She would be no different now. 

"Just wait, girl. I will make sure you die. The headless elf had it easy compared to what you will face." He hissed, disappearing completely.

973Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas already knew Iris well enough to see the fear, and even the very slight shake of her head. "Now where is Saul?" He demanded.

The second that Marid was gone, Dahlia seemed to deflate completely and simply flop down on the pile of blankets she had been calling her bed.

974Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Bartrand ignored the elven king and circled his wife, his stubby fingers brushing her waist. He was still smiling widely, unable to help himself. "That dress makes you look like a whore." He murmured. "Perhaps while the kings are meeting, you can remind me why I made you my wife." 

Marid appeared in the forest outside the caves, childishly stomping his feet and shouting loudly. No one had ever managed to out maneuver him. And at his own game. He all but threw himself on the ground and tantrumed like a spoiled child.

975Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas was quick to rise to his feet and place himself between Bartrand and Iris. "Iris is still Queen within these borders, touch her again and you will lose that filthy hand, I promise you that."

"My my, you really never saw this coming?" Darla asked her husband coolly. "You must me losing your touch, husband."

976Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She is not a queen when she is not your wife!" Bartrand shouted, his face turning red. "Get away from her, you disgusting elf!" 
Iris' fingers shook as she touched Abalas' back. She didn't know what else to do. "If he is threatening your people...I will go with him..." She whispered. 

"She's an elf! They are not that smart!" Marid said, pointing toward the cave. "You! It must have come from you! It was your idea! You put it in her head!"

977Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Mt people have little to fear from dwarves." Abalas assured Iris gently. "Though he seems unable to bring your brother to me like i requested."

Darla simply smiled. "I cannot speak to her, how can I give her ideas?"

978Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It must be terrible having something you want taken away." Saul said from the doorway, clucking his tongue. "All of this could have been avoided if you had just given Dahlia to me in the beginning."

"You comforted her. I saw you." Maris pointed out. "Dead or not you still have unfinished business. That makes you powerful in someway. I know this and so do you."

979Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"How many times must I say these words, boy? Dahlia is not here!" Abalas growled. "If she was, I would ask her to make you go away!"

"Does it scare you?" Darla asked with a smile. "To not be in control?"

980Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:35 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She broke our deal. I've waited long enough for payment. I will now be taking it out of your entire kingdom." Saul said firmly. 
"What a stupid little boy you are." Iris hissed, stepping out from behind Abalas to confront her brother. "All because a woman got wise and didn't want to..." Saul hit her hard to send her to the floor, blood dripping from her nose and mouth. 

"You're mocking me." Marid growled, beginning to pace. "You know I hate it when you mock me. I am in control of this. I will twist the girl just like I do every other master I have had. In the end she will die and I will kill her father anyway. Just you watch. I am in control of everything, woman."

981Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:05 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas was quick to step forward and grab Saul by the throat. "You treat women that way, and then wonder why my daughter wanted nothing to do with you?" He snarled, squeezing Saul's throat tightly before tossing him across the room and against the wall. The king then crouched down, helping Iris back to her feet and wiping her blood with his own ornate robe.

"It certainly seem that way." Darla mused as she watched Marid. "No one ever gave Dahlia any kind of credit. I really enjoyed it when she eventually handed them their dignity on a platter."

982Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm sorry." Iris whispered, worried more about the blood on his cloak than anything else. Rothain had the human king on the floor, a blade pressed to his throat. 

"Only her mother would say such things." The djinni muttered. "Haunt something else, woman. You are of no use to me."

983Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Don't be sorry, only ever do what you have to." Abalas breathed, discretely pushing a small blade into Iris's fingers. "Whatever happens, don't let him touch you." The elf king added as he rose back to his feet.

"I was of use to you once, husband." Darla breathed with a smile. "Or don't you remember the man who would sneak into the Faewoods to meet me under moonlight?"

984Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Bartrand ran forward, grabbing Iris by the hair and jerking her backward. She barely had time to conceal the blade in her bodice before he had her in his arms. "Don't touch my wife again, elf!" He snarled. "Next time I will kill you!" 
"Kill him anyway! He's a lying snake and I'm tired of dealing with them all!" Saul hissed, unable to say more when Rothain forced his blade to dig deeper into his throat. 

Marid very nearly smiled. But he was able to force it back down rather quickly. "I remember. And I remember the hell I have suffered for it ever since. Not that...it was not worth it." He breathed, refusing to look at her. "At least it was until you left me for that...elf."

985Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Even for a human, you are stupid!" Abalas snarled. "If Dahlia were here, she would have severed your head herself for bringing war to my doorstep!"

"I didn't leave you... You stopped loving me." Darla whispered, no longer smiling. "So many masters... All of them more important than anything I could offer you."

986Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You deserve this war and far more." Saul gasped, fighting to get Rothain off him. He was at least going to kill this woodelf. Anything to get rid of at least one of these lying men. "Bring her out! Let her say all this to my face! She at least owes me that! Do not and I will make sure my men slaughter your people one by one!" 

"Your mother did this to me." Marid reminded her. "I could not help needing a new master. I could not help making sure they had everything they desired. You were safe and happy in our home. There was nothing more that I could offer you than that."

987Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Believe me, I would if I could!" Abalas roared. "The silly girl is dead! She isn't coming back, she isn't going to fuck you like a good little whore!" It would be the first time outsiders saw the elven king like this.

"I wasn't happy." Darla whispered. "I was alone, completely."

988Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

It wasn't so much the king's outburst but the way Rothain cringed that had Saul almost back tracking. The wood elf had never looked so heartbroken in all his life. It was something terrible to see. And yet... "Kill them." He hissed at the human guard standing in the door near him. "Kill every last one of them." 
"I'll be taking my wife." Bartrand said, his arm around Iris' waist. "Goodbye, elves. Your loss is not a great one." He added, dragging her out the door. 

"Do not think I did not try." Marid whispered, closing his eyes. "I loved you, Darla. With every fiber of my being. I truly wanted to be with you for as long as my human life permitted. But your mother would not allow it. She made sure that our lives would end in pure hell."

989Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Iris! Remember what I told you!" Abalas roared as he tried to fight through the snarling dwarves between him and Bartrand. He hadn't intended to hurt Rothain, only make Saul go away.

"It didn't matter to me what you become." Darla breathed, her spirit form moving forward and touching Marid's cheek gently. "You're the one who had issue with it."

990Old Grudges - Page 33 Empty Re: Old Grudges Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris could only watch in horror as humans and dwarves descended on the castle in waves. Bartrand and a small band dragged her away, tying her to a fat little pony. She could do nothing to help. Not even call for someone to come. She had no magick. She was useless. It was yet another terrible reminder of that fact. "Did you really think you'd get away forever, beast girl?" The dwarf asked, grabbing her cheeks and kissing her roughly before he swatted her pony on the behind. It let out a shrill sound and began to canter forward, each motion making her insides ache more than they already did. 

"I became a monster. I saw the way you looked at me when I came home. I have never forgotten the horror in your eyes. It is the very reason I never gave up on my promise to massacre your kind." Marid paused, titling his head with a frown. "That's odd...the elf king is being attacked and yet I feel no compulsion to save my master's father...what could that mean?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next