Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 34]

1 The bonds of family on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

121 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:53 pm

"I don't know anymore." Claire whispered, wishing she could just pull herself out of this self pitying funk she had gotten herself in. "You guys probably have work stuff to talk about, and I have to get to the office anyway." She suddenly added, even if the office thing was a lie. If Tricell were as fishy as Chris seemed to think, Claire needed tog et him information as soon as she could.

"And miss out on staring at tits and brains?" Wesker snorted as he removed the lid from a crystal decanter and poured a glass of amber liquid.

122 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:20 pm

"We're not going to visit Jill'so grave?" Sherry asked with a frown. "I promised Chris I would..."
"So did I." Leon said. "Come on, Claire. Work can wait." He added, holding out his hand for her. 

"I'm starting to see why I prefer the clone." Ramona muttered. "brings dinner and everything. and that's before he takes his clothes off. His manners are so much better than yours. You're right. I'll keep him."

View user profile

123 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Claire truly didn't want to. She didn't want to put herself through yet another emotional shredder. Every time she saw Sherry and Leon together she was reminded of Leon's harsh words when they were in the forest outside the Umbrella facility. Leave us alone. You're looking for you're brother, right? Just go! Such anger, perhaps she should have listened and stayed away. Reluctantly she placed her hand in Leon's, and instantly she just wanted to run. He was just trying to take Chris' place in his absence, that was all.

"Go ahead, keep your little sex toy." Wesker sneered. "Might loosen you up a little, princess." He added, though oddly he felt somewhat... jealous.

124 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Leon's fingers closed around her's and he smiled. "It's almost like we're that little family again." He chuckled. "Remember that? Not that it ever lasted that long." 
"And it ended horribly." Sherry whispered, looking out across the headstones rather than at any of them. 

Ramona raised an eyebrow, noting the odd tone in Wesker's voice. "I don't need your permission. Especially since I created the man. He's taking me to dinner and show tonight. That golden tongue of his works far better than yours. Excella probably would have been entertained by it. I can see why you wouldn't want him to take that way from you. Jealousy is ugly, Albert. But for her? Seriously?" 

View user profile

125 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Claire smiled sadly, family was a word she had tried to forget. "Chris isn't coming back." She blurted as they reached Jill's empty grave. 

"You could have chosen any man to clone... And yet you chose me, what does that say?" Wesker purred, pausing to take a sip of his drink.

126 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:57 pm

"Don't say that!" Sherry said, trying to reassure the elder woman. "Of course he is! He'd never leave his sister! you said so yourself!" 
Leon didn't say anything at all. He gave Claire a meaningful look over Sherry's head. He knew she wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it. 

"It says that killing you once isn't nearly enough, you son of a bitch." Ramona hissed, hitting the keyboard key again so that his ear was filled with the high pitched sound.

View user profile

127 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:04 pm

"You've not seen him lately." Claire breathed. "Without Jill... He's worse than a wreck. Taking this mission and dying out there, he sees it as his only way of being with her again." She added. "I know my brother, and last night... There was no hope left in his voice."

Wesker winced, but this time seemed to have been somewhat prepared for it. "I see, and that's the only reason you watch me every hour of everyday, because you wish me dead?"

128 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:17 pm

"I didn't realize he cared that much for Jill." Leon said, staring at the tombstone. It was then that he noticed how immaculate it was. The flowers were fresh and not a spec of dirt was on it. It practically shined. "Wow. I'm blind, aren't I?" 
"Yeah." Sherry snorted, setting down the flowers she'd brought. 

"I watch you because I don't want to end up dead like Spencer. I know better." Ramona said. "I'm not as stupid as the other people you've worked with. I know a snake when I see one. Now, I have to go or I'll be late for my date. Remember what I said about Excella." 

View user profile

129 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Claire couldn't help but smile that time. "She was his best friend and his partner, you don't think there can ever be more than that?" She asked Leon.

"Tits, no brains." Wesker commented. "Why else would I keep her alive?" He added, proving he was a lot like every other man. "A clone is a clone, princess. He thinks just the same way I do."

130 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:41 pm

"You don't think there could be someone else?" Leon asked. "What if she wasn't the one he was supposed to be with? What if there isn't really such a thing as love?" 
Sherry nodded, secretly agreeing with him. She didn't believe in love herself. She'd seen what it had been like for her parents. It was greed and singlemindedness only. 

"If you say so." Ramona laughed softly. "You sound almost jealous. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Go to bed with Excella and let me have my fun. I deserve it." 

View user profile

131 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:46 pm

"You think people should just be alone?" Claire asked, letting her hand drop away from Leon's. Perhaps she was a fool, but she still believed in love. Perhaps if they had met under normal circumstances, she and Steve could have been living the American Dream by now and Leon could carry on screwing around with every woman he meets. 

"We rarely need a bed, princess." Wesker purred, downing the rest of his drink. "Enjoy... the copy. I'm sure even he can eventually get a frigid thing like you to thaw."

132 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm

"Don't you think we all would have found it by now?" Leon asked. "Don't you think our lives wouldn't be filled with such heartache and disaster?" 
"He's got a point." Sherry said softly. "If love were real wouldn't my parents still be alive and...maybe not have tried to kill each other?" 

"You seem to think that I'm going to bed the man. Seriously? Neither of you are my type." Ramona said, her tone as cold as he claimed her to be. "Good night, sweetheart. Don't let the Redfield's bite." 

View user profile

133 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:06 pm

"Maybe Chris and Jill found it, and we're all sat on our asses while my brother is out there getting himself killed!" Claire snapped, all too aware she was getting a little emotional. The red haired woman placed the rest of the roses Leon had given her on Jill's grave, then turned away. "See you next year." she breathed before heading in the direction of her car.

"You on the contrary, I am looking forward to him flashing those pearly whites. In fact... I'm counting on it." Wesker purred, smiling when Jill entered the room. He needed her to lead Chris through the maze.

134 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Leon thought she meant him and turned toward his own car. He knew full well wen he was being dismissed. Sherry groaned and rubbed her eyes. This was why she didn't believe in love. How could it exist when these two people were too blind to see it staring them in the face?

By the time Ramona got back from the so called date things were going down hill even faster for Wesker. She found herself barking orders at a crew to get them ready to head to Africa. If she didn't intervene, Excella was going to overdose him and get them all killed before the week was out.

View user profile

135 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:39 pm

It was raining by the time Claire made it back to her car. For several minutes she simply sat there, staring at her reflection in the rearview mirror. Was there something wrong with her? Sherry and Leon were the closest thing to family she had left. A moment later she opened the glovebox, inside was the gun Leon had given her in Harvardville. It was silly, but she kept it with her like it was the only piece of him she could ever have.

Wesker was growing ever more irrational as Excella dosed him up. He was lashing out at her, even at Jill, a mindless drone who could even resist it when he beat her.

136 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Leon simply left, not knowing what else to do. He missed the signs as he always did. 
Sherry slid into the passenger seat beside Claire and sighed softly. "You're never going to tell him how you feel, are you?" She asked softly, picking at a stray fabric on her dress. 

By the time Ramona got there Chris Redfield was all but shooting rockets at Wesker. He barely seemed to notice. Excella had put so much of the wrong serum into his blood he was becoming more monster than man. He no longer even recognized Ramona herself when she stepped in front of him and pointed a gun at his stomach. "Get rid of Redfield." She instructed the clone, her gaze never leaving the snarling Albert Wesker.

View user profile

137 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:07 pm

"He'd just get awkward and leave." Claire replied, not seeming all that surprised that sherry had noticed how she felt about her best friend. "I'd never want to not have him in my life at all."

Wesker was no longer even wearing his glasses. His eyes were a blazing red as he snarled at Ramona. "Out of my way, woman!" He growled, his breathing erratic and shoulders hunched like he was ready to pounce.

138 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:15 pm

"There has to be more to this. I noticed it even back in Raccoon city." Sherry said, fixing Claire with a serious gaze. "I may be young but I'm not stupid. If you two can't make a go of it then there isn't any hope for anyone. I swear I'm not even going to bother." 

"I'm afraid not." Ramona said, shaking her head. "You've taken this too far, Albert. I warned you and you blew me off. Now I'm taking care of this." She cocked the gun, bracing herself from the inevitable charge.

View user profile

139 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:21 pm

"Sherry... Leon loves Ada, he has from the moment he met her. He chased her through undead infested sewers while we dealt with the real problems." Claire replied thinly. 

"Warned me?" Wesker scoffed. "You, are nothing but a little girl playing with her grandfather's toys!"

140 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:29 pm

"Nah. You know Leon. He tries to help everyone. That doesn't mean he loves them." Sherry said softly. "Claire, I thought you were brave and all that. Here I find you letting your brother kill himself and the love of your life just walk away. What the hell is going on?" 

Ramona shot Wesker in the stomach without a second thought. The bullets were the correct serum but they were going to take some time to work. The levels that were in his blood, it was going to take more than one shot to even effect him. 
It was, however, enough to buy the clone time to get the plane started and take off with Chris and Sheva on it.

View user profile

141 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 pm

"You don't know anything about my life Sherry, not anymore." Claire whispered. She was so tired of being strong and brave. She was always there for everyone... Who was there for her? "I think you should just go back to your own life, Sherry. It doesn't matter how I feel about Leon, he doesn't see me that way."

The shot certainly caught his attention however, forcing him down to one knee. "What... What was in that?" He breathed, trying to shake it off and continue with what he had been doing.

142 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:26 pm

"Yeah. Whatever you say." Sherry muttered shoving open the door and getting out without another word. "See you around, Claire."

"That was the right serum. Uroburos in the for the you are supposed to be taking." Ramona said, taking another shot. "Chris is gone, Albert. the clone will handle it. Let's go."

View user profile

143 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Claire leaned her head forward on the wheel and exhaled loudly. "Nice going Claire..." She muttered, turning the key in the ignition without actually lifting her head.

"Chris will kill the clone and get everything!" Wesker roared. "He already freed Jill!"

144 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Chris wanted to call his sister as Sheva helped him into the plane. He had an odd feeling that it would be his very last chance. But for some reason he didn't. Instead he faced down an angry Wesker, thinking it was the end. 

"Get what?" Ramona asked, stepping forward. "Aside from Jill what is he really going to get? Seriously, Albert. You've lost your mind." She took her gun and pressed it to his forehead, her dark hair whipping around her face. "You've gone too far."

View user profile

145 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Claire was still rain soaked and wearing her dress as she sat at her desk much later that evening. She had been there all ay, digging up everything she could on Tricell. It was all she could do to take her mind off Leon, and what Sherry had said. 

"He always prevails! He takes everything from me... He gets everything!" Wesker insisted. "There is no such place as too far, my princess. Your grandfather knew that."

146 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Leon couldn't stop thinking about Claire. Worried about her, he called her office, knowing she'd gone there. After all, home was never a place she went to. 

"Albert..." Ramona didn't know why she was doing it but she knelt in front of him, placing her hands on either side of his face. "Listen to me. Chris is getting nothing. Uroburos is safe back at the labs. The samples that are here...are not fully developed. I didn't trust Excella with them. Everything is fine. You are fine. Are you listening to me?"

View user profile

147 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Claire let the phone ring for quite some time, contemplating not even picking up. Eventually the noise got to her and she picked up the receiver whilst rubbing at her temples. "What is it?" She asked wearily, feeling both emotionally and mentally drained by this point.

Weaker's wild eyes were simply staring back at Ramona, hearing her words, but his brain seemed to be having trouble processing what she was saying. "Samples... are safe?" He asked at last.

148 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 pm

"Are you ready for dinner?" Leon asked. He wasn't about to let her know that he was standing just outside the door and he wasn't going to take no for an answer. "You sound tired." 

"Yes." Ramona nodded, her tone extremely gentle. She didn't remove her hands from his face. "Uroburos is safe with me. It's back home. Away from all this. Come on. We're going to go there now. Just you and me."

View user profile

149 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 pm

"Leon..." Claire breathed his name, not even trying to hide how glad she was to hear his voice. "Dinner... oh... I'm pretty swamped at the minute. And I'm all gross from getting caught in the rain this morning anyway." She added, unaware he could see her.

"Home?" Wesker echoed, like it was a foreign tongue to him. "What about the clone?"

150 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:56 pm

"You look fine to me." Leon breathed, watching her from where he stood. "Please, Claire. I've never asked you to go with me before. And besides, I'm not going to be in town again for a while. This might be our last chance." 

"The clone is a loss I'm willing to take. You know how it will probably end when Chris is involved. I am not willing to lose you, Albert." Ramona pushed to her feet and held out a hand to him. "Now come on. Don't make me have to shoot you. You'll pass out and then I'll have to drag you. It'll ruin these boots and that will piss me off. I'll make you think Ice queen if you piss me off." She told him, thumping him on the nose.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum