The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 34]

1The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty The bonds of family Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

451The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

That was all Claire had ever wanted to hear. The redhead moved forward and embraced Leon, even while his partner was watching them. "I missed you." She breathed into his chest.

"You think I would have allowed Spencer to do that?" Wesker asked, tilting Ramona's chin up gently.

452The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:32 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I've missed you too. So much it hurts." Leon admitted burying his face into her hair. "I'm so glad you're here. I've been dying to see you."

Ramona's chin quivered and her eyes watered. "You always did what Spencer asked you to, Albert. I was young and naive. How was I to know?"

453The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"How about we just forget it happened, huh?" Claire suggested. "We get your mission finished, and we take things from there?"

"I was never a father before." Wesker pointed out. "Despite what you think of me, I would not harm my own offspring."

454The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Is that a promise?" Leon breathed. He turned her to face him and pressed his,lips to hers before she could react to it. 

"You wouldn't but Spencer would. I heard those children screaming, Albert. I used to lie awake and hear them. I refused to think that the old bastard would be able to hurt my baby that way."

455The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire couldn't help herself. Her fingers were sliding up into Leon's hair, almost terrified that this would be goodbye, like last time.

"So you abandoned him to some stranger? You didn't think I of all people could protect him?!" Wesker demanded.

456The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"break it up." Chris said as he and Piers passed. He shoved his sister, then kicked Leons feet out from under him. "Simmons, kennedy. Now." He growled.

Ramona's bracelet was a muddy color as she buried her face in her hands. "She was a friend. I was a child. I didn't think I could trust anyone but myself. Leave me alone, Albert! You don't understand!"

457The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire knelt down beside Leon and checked he hadn't hit his head. "What is your problem, asshole?!" Claire hiss, glaring up at her brother. "Why don't you get off your ass and find Ada like you're supposed to!"

"I am trying, Ramona!" Wesker insisted. "I want to understand, but you took any kind of decision away from me!"

458The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Now that I've got enough ammo that's exactly what I intend to do." Chris said evenly. "tell Jill I hope she and her boyfriend are happy." He grumbled, motioning Piers to follow him. 

Ramona opened her eyes for a brief moment, showing him that they were no longer green but a deep red. She glared at him for a moment before she shoved off the bed and began to pace the room. "Remember the last thing you said when you dropped me off in front of Spencer's mansion? You said you didn't have time for me or my problems. You didn't have time to babysit. That's why I didn't tell you, you son of bitch!" She roared, shaking violently.

459The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Jill is a mess without you!" Claire shouted at her brother's back. "But I guess you don't care, you have your job, what else do you need?" She added, trying to help Leon back to his feet.

"I didn't have time to babysit a teenager who was old enough to take care of herself!" Wesker shot back defensively. "I would have made time for my own blood! I saw what Birkin did to his own child, I lived the childhood Spencer would have wanted for him."

460The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon nodded his thanks as he got back to his feet. "Some man there, Chris. You can save the world but you can't save the one you love." 
His words made things worse. Chris turned on him and all at once he had a gun in his stomach. "Shut up. You're one to talk." He hissed. "You've been sitting with your head up the president's ass, too scared to talk to my sister all this time. To tell her you're sorry..." 
"Pot calling the kettle black, Refield." Leon growled, his fingers on his own gun.

"And I did take care of myself!" Ramona shouted back, her fingers shaking uncontrollably as she turned and headed for the door. "I took care of what was mine and Jake is mine! Go screw yourself, Albert Wesker!" She hissed, her bracelet beginning to blink red.

461The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He did tell me he is sorry, Chris." Claire told her brother calmly. "I forgave him, like you should be begging Jill to do for you." She added, exhaustion taking all the fight out of her right then. "You of all people should realise life is too short to waste it on regret."

Out of other options, Wesker slammed his gun across the back of Ramona's head. He summerised that is she wa sunconscious, she couldn't create any more fear in her mind.

462The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I have a world to protect. I don't have time for failing people anymore." Chris said, holstering his gun and turning his back on his sister and Leon. "There's still people like Wesker out there. Hell, his son is still living and breathing. While that is still going on, I can't stop." 

Ramona fell like a stone, her crimson colored eyes fluttering closed. Wesker was probably very aware of just how close he'd come to losing her.

463The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"There are more people out there than just you, Chris. Doesn't Jill mean anything to you? Can't you, just for once, let the rest of us handle this?" Claire pleaded.

What bothered Wesker the most was just how much it did indeed scare him to think of losing Ramona. He would be left to dwell on this as he carried her to the infirmary to clean uo the gash in the back of her head.

464The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris shook his head. "There's no reason for that. I can at least do this right. Or...don't you two think so?" He asked, his words dripping with venom. "Go ahead, Claire. Tell me how I suck at being a savior too. I'm sure you know more about that than I do." 

"Everything all right?" The young nurse that worked in there was hovering, frowning over Wesker's elbow. "What did she do now? I swear Miss Ramona is such a klutz. I keep telling her that cancer is making her bones weak enough. There's no need to rush things."

465The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It was finally too much for Claire, causing a fat tear to drip down her cheek. "I just wanted you to be happy, why does that make me the bad guy?" she breathed.

Wesker's head damn near fell off with the speed her turned it to look at the nurse. "Cancer? Explain!" He demanded, makign ti clear lying was not an option.

466The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I have to go." Chris said softly, refusing to turn around. "Go be grown up, Claire. I've been keeping you from it from way too long. You want Leon...you've got him. I won't stop you anymore. Have a nice life, kiddo. Just...know that I...love you." He whispered, grabbing Piers by the arm and shoving him toward the trucks.

The nurse's eyes widened with clear panic and she swallowed hard. "I...she...didn't tell you?" She squeaked. "Miss Ramona has a rare form of bone cancer. We found it a few years ago. She's been refusing treatment. I'm sorry....I can get you the file if you'd like?"

467The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire fell down to her knees when her brother walked away. She hadn't thought she could hurt anymore after spending so long thinking Leon had just left her, but watching Chris walk away was like him reaching into her chest and ripping out everything his fingers touched.

"You'll get me the file, and you'll begin the treatment right away!" Wesker snarled, itching to simply smack Ramona over the head with the file once her had it.

468The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon knelt beside Claire and gathered her into his arms. He held her tight against him, not sure what else to do. "He has to let you go sometime, honey. Maybe this is the only way that he can." He whispered in her ear. "He'll come back some day. You'll see." 

"Miss Ramona said under no circumstance." The nurse said, moving to the computer and typing in her password. "I can't go against her wishes like that. If you wish to do it, you get her to tell me." She added, trying to sound brave.

469The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Any other time, and Claire would have held all this inside like she usually did. But everything just seemed so raw and wrong that she couldn't help herself as she clung to Leon and sobbed against his shoulder. It was clear she making every effort to regain control of herself by the way she sucked in deep breaths to try and stop the sobs. "You hate crying women." she finally managed to breathe."

The look Wesker gave her could have shriveled anyone. "You will start the treatment. I am her medical proxy when she isn't conscious to make the decisions herself."

470The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:37 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't hate you." Leon breathed, holding onto her tightly. "Just do what you need to do, honey. It will make you feel better." 

"Okay...okay..." the nurse cried, holding up her hands. "But just so you know, that diagnosis  was made years ago
 It might be far too late for her."

471The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire shook her head and began wiping at her eyes. "After what Chris said... I'm worried Jill will do something stupid. We need to find her and then get to Simmons." She insisted, trying to be 'grown up' like Chris wanted.

Wesker practically snarled when the nurse said that. "How about this, if she dies, so do you." He hissed.

472The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I thought Chris said she'd moved on?" Leon asked. "Is that not true?" He was looking toward the building Jill had gone into, worried that the normally strong woman might actually fall apart.

"That's not fair!" The woman whined. "She'll die no matter what! There's nothing that can be done to change that!" 
To compound matters a soldier entered, already speaking, "Ma'am, there's a problem with Jake...." he stared, pausing when he realized she wasn't even conscious.

473The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire shook her head sadly. "She asked him to walk away from the job and start a family with her... He never spoke to her after that, until he sent her a text a few days ago." She breathed. "All this time... I thought they were perfect. I had no idea things had gotten this bad."

"What problem with Jake?" Weaker asked thinly as he rose to his feet and turned around to face the soldier.

474The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That explains the talk we had about family." Leon said softly, shaking his head. "He told me the world was his family. And he was probably going to screw it up too." He left off the part where he'd been kneeling beside Chris in the back room of a bar, trying to convince him that there was something better than this darkness he was living with. Whatever it was. "He kept saying he had to let go. That it was all for the best." He motioned Claire to follow him, seeing a shadow just ahead. 

"There's an infected monster following the two kids, sir. We can't get close enough to do anything about it." The solider said, quick to salute Wesker.

475The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Jill goes to pieces the second I try and ask what happened. Then starts wailing that she wishes Chris had just let her die in Africa if he hates her so much." Claire sighed as she followed Leon.

"You cal yourself men?" Weaker sneered as he squared up to the other man. "I will handle this personally."

476The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Chris was drunk as a skunk when I talked to him that night. The worse it got the more he started talking about kids with her and how he would probably screw them up like he did you." Leon told her. "I didn't even know what to say to that. I thought he was just drunk. I tried to call Jill to come get him but she didn't answer. I thought she was mad at me. Damn it. What do we do to fix this?" 

The soldier backed down instantly, nodding his head. "Sure. Sure. Whatever you need to do. Tell me how we can help you, sir..." He said quickly. 
"I'll start the treatment." The nurse added, making sure he heard her. She'd keep herself alive as long as she could.

477The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It brokenclaires heart even more to hear this. "It's my fault." She breathed. "If I had just gotten my shit together sooner, he wouldn't think he screwed up. Chris would make an amazing father, Jill knows that." She sighed again and ran her fingers through her loose hair. "Maybe we should get them both drunk and lock them in a room when we get out of this?"

"Good." Weaker agreed. "I'll need a pilot to take me to whoever they are right now. It is a simple operation, and somehow I am still amazed you people managed to fuck it up!" He practically roared.

478The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I think you and Jill should get out of here. We can meet up when we get out of here and figure it out from there." Leon said softly, his fingers sliding over Claire's. He was all but begging her to listen to him. 

Ramona's eyes fluttered and she tried to wake herself up. Wesker's roar sent people around her scrambling to obey. The nurse tripped, landing hard on her stomach. No one even tried to help her up. 
Soon enough Wesker was on his way to where his son was fighting for his life.

479The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire knew what Leon was doing and shook her head, squeezing his fingers in return. As much as she wanted to sleep for a week, she wasn't giving up. "No... I want to help. I can't feel useless anymore." It was more or less her pleading him. 

Weaker had requested all the information the company had on Jake, and even he was surprised by the life his son had led.

480The bonds of family - Page 16 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"All right, how about you and Jill run survellince?" Leon asked, returning the squeeze. "Come on, claire. Meet me half way. Please?" 

The plane set Western down in the midst of the mayhem. Lucky for him, no one seemed to notice him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next