The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 34]

1The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty The bonds of family Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

481The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire pouted slightly, but nodded in agreement to the compromise. "Promise me you'll come back?" She breathed, feeling a little more nervous now she had seen that even people like her brother and Jill could become bitter towards one another.

Wesker remained unseen, following his son and Sherry. He had to admit, Jake wasn't quite what he expected and Sherry was far more capable than he had been willing to give her credit for.

482The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"As long as you swear you're not mad at me anymore." Leon breathed, pulling her hard against him and kissing her before she could say that she was or wasnt.

Sherry could have sworn she was seeing a dark shape following them. Every once in a while it would dart out of her vision and she would lose it. However, they had much bigger fish to fry and she was beginning to wonder if they were going to survive it.

483The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ada could have returned right then and tossed another grenade, and Claire wouldn't have cared. She clung tightly to Leon for a moment longer, then smiled up at him. It was her way of trying to let him know everything was going to be fine. "Let's find Jill before we agree who is going where, okay?"

"Focus, blondie!" Jake hissed when he again caught Sherry looking off into the distance. "I aint looking to bury another comrade!"

484The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon nodded, motioning to his partner that he'd be right back. He followed Claire, worried that it might already be too late for Jill. If Chris was so bad and given up, just how bad was it for her?

"Sorry." Sherry muttered, glancing back yet again. "There's something...following us." She paused, sure she saw a hulking shadow moving closer. Her fingers rested on her gun and she shook her head.

485The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill was on the rooftop of the nearby building. She had a rifle out and was picking off anything that got too close to Chris as he ran through the streets. It was a surprise she could shoot anything, let alone with such precision, as her eyes were filled with tears.

"Of course there is, babe. We're in the city of the dead here." Jake replied with a snort.

486The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris was too busy fighting for his life to pay attention to anything. He had no idea he had a savior. Not for the first time he was taking a pot shot at Jake.

Sherry muttered under her breath as a bullet slammed into the ground near their feet. "I wish he would stop that and just shoot you!" She grumbled, stumbling into Jake.

487The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire stopped herself from calling Jill's name when she saw the elder woman, afraid it would draw attention. "Leon... talk to her, please. She'll listen to you."

Jake caught Sherry as she stumbled, and turned to repay the favour to Chris. "How about you speed things up then, midget?"

488The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jill has been mad at me since she thought I betrayed you." Leon shook his head. "I'm not too sure she won't try to shoot me too." he went on though he was heading toward where Jill was perched. 

"Why would I do that? I like you." Sherry said gently, patting Jake on the back.

489The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill didn't honestly care if anyone saw her and started shooting back. She had told Chris years ago that she had his back, that hadn't changed.

Jake snorted again and shook his head. "Sorry to break it to you, babe, but no one likes me."

490The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jill..." Leon stepped forward, holding his hands out. "I need you to come with me. Claire needs help with surveillance. You're the only one good enough..." 

"I do." sherry said with a warm smile. "that woman you were talking to on the phone...what did you call her...Ramona? She likes you."

491The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Claire's a big girl, she doesn't need me holding her hand." Jill replied, staring down the scope of her rifle. She wasn't shooting this time, she was simply watching Chris.

"Ramona?" Jake asked with yet another snort. "She wants the same thing everyone else does; my blood."

492The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I know that but for my peace of mind..." Leon said gently, trying not to sound too much like he was begging. "Please, Jill. I just got her back. If I lose her again it will kill me. I love her." 

"Liar. she wouldn't have told you to be careful if that was true." Sherry reminded him, turning her head when the dark shadow shot by once again.

493The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill turned her sight away from the scope and looked up at Leon from where she was crouched. "You say that now, what happens when she wants to step away from this bullshit we call our jobs?" She asked, not knowing Claire had filled Leon in on everything.

"And to get as much of my blood as she can, she needs me alive." Jake retorted. "It's fine, midget, I don't need you trying to make me feel better."

494The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"All she has to do is ask. I am so ready." Leon admitted. "I want to get married and have a family. The world can live without us for a while. But tonight...it needs us. Please?"

Sherry sighed. "Don't say I didn't try, you big jerk." she teased, bumping him with her hip. "Just so you don't forget that I care."

495The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill glanced past Leon to where Claire was hanging back, keeping watch for anything that may have followed them up the stairwell. "She's lucky to have you." she whispered finally before packing her gun up. "I'll keep her safe Leon, I promise. If you promise to get her home safe once you have Simmons."

"You care because your boss told you to." Jake pointed out. "And I'm still here because I want my money when we're done." Like his father, it seemed Jake had a hard time expressing his true feelings.

496The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm going to marry her the minute I get the chance." Leon promised. "Then I'm never going to let her go." He was grinning, unable to help himself. "well fix this, jill. Youll..." he stopped speaking and frowned, glancing down below them at a swiftly moving shadow. 

"I care because I like you." Sherry said firmly, turning his face to look down at her. "I don't care why you're still here."

497The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill saw it too and nodded. "I'll hold you to that. Now go, do your boyscout thing." She breathed, abandoning the rifle to unholster her side arm and head in Claire's direction.

Jake didn't say anything for a painfully long moment. Those slender hands on his face reminded him of how long he had stared at her getting changed in the locker room. "I'm here because I'm a heartless bastard and only care about cold hard cash." He finally lied.

498The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon was worried about the shadow. It was too big to be Ada. It was more like a man. It was for this reason that he took several shots at it. He wasn't at all surprised when they missed. 

"No you're not and not you dont." Sherry said simply, smiling at him. "Stop trying to make me hate you. It's not going to happen."

499The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill had been true to her word getting Claire away from the action. They had found themselves inside an abandoned news van while Jill tried to find out what was happening in the rest of the city.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you still love your monster daddy." Jake replied cruelly. "Guess I've got a ways to go yet." It was like he had some pathological need to be hated.

500The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris again fired on Jake and Sherry, frowning when his shots hit something dark and disappeared into it. He might as well he shot a shadow for all the good it did him.

"Yeah, I do." sherry nodded. "No matter what he did to me, he's my father. A big part of me still really misses him. He told really funny knock knock jokes."

501The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:07 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wesker was scowling at Chris now, wanting nothing more than to fire back and then stand over the other man as he lay gasping for breath. Or even better, fire on something he would wish to protect. As it was, he couldn't let anyone know he was here, least of all the Redfield cockroach.

"I guess that's what separates us. I hate my father. He abandoned me and my mother because he was a monster." Jake spat. "Couldn't keep it in his pants, then ran like the coward he is."

502The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris tried to make it look like he was shooting the undead but he had a feeling Piers could see right through him. He was almost waiting for the boy to admonish him for his actions. "You wouldn't understand." He snapped just in case. 

"You know if your real mother really was a teenager like you said, no one may have ever told your father you were alive." Sherry said gently. "Scared and alone girls tend to hide things. Maybe you're not giving him any credit." she added,  trying to get him to think positively.

503The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Understand what, sir?" Piers asked thinly, making it obvious he didn't believe Chris. "I just thought you were a pro marksman, but somehow you're missing every undead out there!"

Jake didn't reply to that, he hated to consider that Sherry was right.

504The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris chuckled at this, deciding to leave Wesker's son alone from that point forward. After all, it wasn't his fault his own life had gone to hell. Not a single part of it was the boys fault. He needed to remember that. "Fair enough." He said softly, though it wasn't clear whether he was talking to Piers or himself.

Sherry had just witnessed a shadow shoot down a monster for them. All it did was confirm that she was right about the shadow following thrm. It didn't, however, help her figure out who it was or make her feel any better about it.

505The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Chris and Piers would get no further sight of Wesker, though many other things found them rather enticing. Jill was keeping her promise to Leon, for now, and making Claire run surveillance on the BSAA squads here in China. Anything to keep the younger woman from obsessing over Leon.

Weaker was rather enjoying watching his son in action. He liked that the young Man wasn't reliant upon weapons and more than held his own against the mass of flesh that had been hunting them all night.

506The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:22 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris once again figured out that he was capable of failing someone else. As he stepped onto the helicopter he could barely hold his head up. Piers was dead and it was his fault. Not for the,first time he was thankful he'd walked away and freed Jill from his bad luck. He owed her that much. 

Ramona had woken up mad as hell. She bullied the nurse into stopping the treatment and another soldier to take her to China. She was there when Jake and Sherry needed transportation and she made sure they got it. Then she turned her attention in Albert Wesker.

507The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Unfortunately, Jill's bad luck was entirely her own. Whilst getting Claire to Leon's transport, she had been shot. Claire remained uninjured, but Jill had to be carried to the transport, blood trying to force it's way out of the bullethole between her ribs.

Wesker merely smiled at Ramona, knowing how pissed off she was right then. "You're looking well." He mused.

508The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon was waiting for the emergency helicopter when it arrived. He was helped Claire off and then joined the workers to make sure the Jills unconscious for got inside safely.

Ramona's full lips were set into a thin line and she fingered the gun in her holster. "You're lucky I don't blow your brains out." she muttered. "you need an injection. Your levels are dangerous. Why are you here?"

509The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I don't know where the bullet came from!" Claire breathed when she was inside and pacing frantically. "There was just one shot. One shot that was aimed so perfectly it couldn't have been a stray bullet!" She insisted, running her fingers through her hair.

"Why do you think?" Wesker asked thinly, doing nothing to save his own neck in this instance. "you would rather our son died?"

510The bonds of family - Page 17 Empty Re: The bonds of family Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon had come out of the surgery room, covered in Jill's blood. He heard what Claire said and nodded his head. "Whoever did it was aiming for her. You need to call Chris. They're not sure she's going to make it."

Ramona nodded. "I saw the footage on the way here. He did pretty well for himself. Now that they are away. We are going to have to worry about you.  Hold out your arm or I'll shoot you like I did in Africa. The choice is yours."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next