Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

1 The bonds of family on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

871 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Sherry shook her head, still ignoring Chris when he moved closer to question her. "This one is stronger. Its...eatING the T-virus...I didn't know that it could do something like that...

Rebecca woke sometime later in Parker's lap. She tried to move herself only to find there was nowhere to go.

View user profile

872 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 8:07 pm

The very thought of such a thing terrified Jill, though she tried not to let it show. "Sherry, I've not been anywhere I could have been infected." Jill assured the young woman. "Other than that bullet, nothing came near me in China."

Parker was clinging tightly to Rebecca in his fevered slumber, knowing it was the only way he would ever get to hold her again.

873 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 8:59 pm

"Claire did. Claire was infected." Sherry told them. She jumped when Chris' fist hit the wall.
 "I'm calling Rebecca." he said, stomping out of the room as he fished his phone from the back of his pants.

Rebecca burst into tears as she realized this, burying her face against his chest. She didn't need a virus, she was already a monster.

View user profile

874 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Jill closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "You had to tell me this while he was here?" She asked wearily.

Park's fingers gently rubbed Rebecca's back as she sobbed and he roused from his slumber. "Don't be afraid... he needs you, you and our baby will get out of this."

875 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Sherry made a face. "What differnce does it make? He's always hovering around like a giant hot air balloon filled with toxic gas. When was I supposed to tell you?" 

"That ready to escape me, are you?" She whispered when she was able to calm herself down enough to breathe normally. "You'd rather die than be married to me. Wow. That's a new low for me. My mother would be impressed."

View user profile

876 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 9:21 pm

The words obviously wounded Jill. "Just because he puts his foot in his mouth more than most people doesn't make him the bad guy, Sherry."

Parker let his head fall back against the hard brick of the cell wall and he closed his eyes again. "Yes, Rebecca... That's exactly it. I don't know how much plainer I can make it."

877 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 9:28 pm

As if to help prove her point, Chris came back to the room, carrying Jake by the scruff of his neck. "Speak of the devil." he snarled. "We have questions for you, kid."

"you're going to survive this, parker. Whether you want to or not." Rebecca snapped, angrily.

View user profile

878 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Jill groaned and rubbed at her head. "Really, Chris? You want to do this right now?"

"Take a look, Rebecca... They have no use for me, only you." Parker snorted. "Story of my life..."

879 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 pm

"The way I figure it, it's his fault you're infected." Chris growled, giving Jake a little shake. "Now is the perfect time."

"You wouldn't be here if Wesker didn't have use for you." Rebecca said. "For some reason he thinks you still love me. He's going to use to against us. It's a good thing he doesn't know the truth, right?"

View user profile

880 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 pm

"If Claire was infected, how is it Jake's fault?" Jill asked wearily.
Jake jerked free of Chris' grasp, having let the elder man drag him along only for a chance to talk to Sherry.

Parker just snorted, not saying anything for a painfully long few moments. "You think you know everything, don't you?" He asked, his voice laced with pain that wasn't coming from his injuries.

881 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Sherry didn't look at Chris or jake. She stared hard at the floor, too ashamed to meet his eyes. 
"He is a Wesker." Chris growled. "That pretty much covers it."

Rebecca felt the pain, her stomach tightening. "Parker...I tried to protect you...I tried to save you from this...I never do anything right."

View user profile

882 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 11:04 pm

"So?!" Jill roared. "He never even knew his father! You really think just sharing half his chromosomes shapes him into the same man?!"

"Rebecca, I was a part of this long before I ever met you... Or Jill." Parker pointed out.

883 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 11:30 pm

"He knows something." Chris said, glaring at him. "look at those beady eyes."
Sherry couldn't help but laugh at this. She glanced at Jake, catching his eye, though she was quick to look away. 

"Not the Wesker part of it you werent." Rebecca reminded him. "I really should have been stronger. I should have kept telling you no and meaning it. You with those goofy grins and those flowers...every time you would come in, so certian your leg wasn't healing right. I should have sent you to the other doctors but I couldn't resist you. I should have tried harder."

View user profile

884 Re: The bonds of family on Fri May 08, 2015 11:38 pm

"Chris, just let the kid go. You've barely slept... You're not thinking straight." Jill insisted, trying to catch Sherry's eye and silently tell her to get something to knock Chris out.

Parker tried to swallow the lump in his throat. Chris had told him he was wasting his time, that Rebecca was in love with someone else. "And I should have tried harder to protect you. I should have insisted you break away from Chris and his bad luck."

885 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 12:04 am

Sherry recognized the look and did as Jill hinted, her move was so swift Chris never saw her move and soon he was sprawled on the cot. Once again he was snoring loudly. 
"I'm sorry, Jill. He means well." Sherry said gently.

"My luck is no better. Haven't you noticed that?" Rebecca asked laughing ever so slightly. "I mean what are the odds that I would be pregnant when I am busy trying to push you away?" again she burst into tears burying her face in her hands. "I'm so stupid!"

View user profile

886 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 12:14 am

"That's some boyfriend you got there, Jill." Jake snorted as he ran his fingers over his hair. "There's guys who kill for their girlfriends... then there's him." He added, using his hand to demonstrate how far off the scale Chris was.

"Did you have any idea at all?" Parker asked, reaching out and tipping Rebecca's chin back up. "The truth."

887 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 12:30 am

Sherry couldn't help but laugh at this. "He has a point, Jill." She was watching chris, wondering if perhaps a mercy killing was in order. "she agreed to marry him. Can you believe that?"she asked Jake without looking at him.

"A few days ago I started to wonder. But I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure until tonight. I'm a few months late. But I stress all the time. Its never consistent. I never paid attention. I'm sorry, Parker." Rebecca breathed.

View user profile

888 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 8:37 am

"Some people just wanna self destruct, I guess." Jake replied, sounding almost sad.
"Like you two are experts?" Jill replied defensively.

"You stress because you miss him." Parker told Rebecca gently. "I wish I could make you happy again, lovely."

889 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 am

"We're the monsters. Remember?" Sherry asked softly, her her eyes sad. "Jill...you need to keep Chris from hurting Jake. I won't allow it. It's not his fault his father hurt you both. If he can't get over that...he will end up getting hurt And you know it." Somewhere deep inside Jill remembered the conversation between leon, Claire and sherry. It was the only warning she would get from the young woman about Wesker.

"You're just like everyone else. You tell me what I'm feeling. How would you know? you don't even know me." Rebecca muttered, turning her head so that she wouldn't have to look at him anymore. "I stress because I've been trying to kill people instead of save them. Despite them being evil...it makes me feel like shit."

View user profile

890 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 10:49 am

"I think you both should leave now." Jill breathed, no longer able to look at Sherry. Threats weren't something she lightly, least of all from a woman she had helped raise as a child. "It would be best if you made yourselves disappear." She added, wearily sliding down to the floor and lifting Chris' head into her lap. Claire was gone, Leon, Carlos and even Parker couldn't be reached... And now Sherry was turning on her. Jill had never felt more alone, or guilty for not understanding why Chris was so angry about Sherry and Jake.

"Of course I don't know you... You wont let me." Parker replied sadly. "I have tried so hard to know you, only for you to accuse me of sleeping with Jill." He added. "Believe me, Rebecca, had I wanted Jill, I would have had her." The dark haired man sighed heavily and also turned his head. "Killing is a part of who they forced us all to become. You're not as alone as you think."

891 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 2:17 pm

"Jill...i..." Sherry stuttered, hovering near the doorway. She didn't know what to say. She was trying to awaken the memory, not piss her off. But it seemed that she'd done just that. 

"I was trained to be a medic, Parker. I was supposed to save people. Never harm them. you don't understand." Rebecca rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "When I found out about Ramona, I cultivated a cancer instead of making a cure. It was my revenge. I killed her slowly and painfully because of what Wesker did to Billy. But then you came along....I fell in love and...I still wanted revenge because Billy was trying to save me. But it wasn't as important anymore and I began to feel guilty for killing someone who was innocent. I was worried you were going to be ashamed of me. And then...I was worried the Captain was going to kill you too. I had no choice but to push you away."

View user profile

892 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Jill had her eyes closer, her head rested back against the wall as she stroked her fingers through Chris' hair. She couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't keep being strong and keeping it together.

"Rebecca..." Parker breathed name sadly. "Nothing would ever make me ashamed of you. You did what you thought needed to be done. Let's face it... Ramona really doesn't seem like a nice person, and she has probably done terrible things, just like her boyfriend."

893 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 2:55 pm

"You should go far away." Sherry said after a moment. "Don't save the world. Hide from Wesker. Never let Chris know that the man still lives. Let the monsters deal with him." 

"I'm not sorry anymore. She hurt you. I'm not going to fix her. Not matter what that son of a botch threatens." Rebecca growled. "There are only days left anyway."

View user profile

894 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 3:01 pm

"He wont give up." Jill breathed wearily. "And I can't stop him, not until my scars heal." The ones he can see.

"What about the baby?" Parker pleaded, resting a large hand lightly on Rebecca's smooth belly.

895 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 3:10 pm

"We can have a funeral for all of you, not just Claire." Sherry said after a moment. "We will spread the word that you died from infection and Chris was so grief stricken he killed himself. Then you guys can have your lake house  in  Montana and no one will ever cone looking for you. Please? Let me do this for you."

Rebecca's eyes watered and she shook her head, not sure what to say. "I don't know. I can't let him hurt you anymore."

View user profile

896 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 3:13 pm

At the mention of the lake house, Jill did finally look back up at Sherry. The younger woman was the only one to ever believe that that was a dream that Jill could actually have. "But Leon... He's out there searching for Claire."

"Lovely, you need to think of our son." He breathed, already confident of the child's sex, like any father. "Help him. Heal his bitch, then make a deal and get far away from here."

897 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 3:43 pm

"Jake and I are two people. We can do amazing things. Just...let us handle it. Leon will be fine. Everyone will be fine. You deserve the chance to hang up your badge. And Chris deserves to lie about the fish he doesn't catch." Sherry smiled gently. "It's the only way I can repay you, Jill. Let me have this."

"You don't know the Captain. He's not going to make a deal. This is going to take some real skill to beat him at his own game." Rebecca chewed on her lower lip, already lost in thought.

View user profile

898 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Jill smiled, then nodded her head. "Be careful out there, sprout." She breathed, something she hadn't called Sherry in a very long time. "And you, look after her." she added, looking at Jake this time.

"For now, you will help his woman though." Parker told Rebecca firmly. "If anything, it will get you into their lab."

899 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 4:04 pm

"You'll have to leave tonight." sherry said, ignoring Jill's words to Jake. "I'll get everything you need and have it waiting for you. Then I'll start spreading the word. Jake will make sure Wesker hears it, personally if he has to."

"Ok." Rebecca agreed, finally lifting her head to Parker. "Just know that I'm not leaving you. do you understand me?"

View user profile

900 Re: The bonds of family on Sat May 09, 2015 4:13 pm

"Tonight? But... We have nowhere to go!" Jill insisted.

Parker nodded. "I know." He breathed, touching her cheek lightly. "But you need to focus on getting you and the baby out of here more than what is happening to me."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum