Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 34]

1 The bonds of family on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

91 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Claire had done pretty much the same. It had taken time to clear everything up in Harvardville, but eventually she was again flopping onto her own bed and playing music while she simply turned Leon's gun over and over in her fingers. "God... I'm such an idiot..." she breathed. She could have just told him how she felt, but as always she got jealous, this time of Angela, and kept her dumb mouth shut.

"Careful of what? Some BSAA nobodies?" Wesker scoffed. "I already have it under control. My little pet will take care of everything."

92 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Chris called his sister as he got on the plane to Africa. He'd heard about her trip and was checking to making sure she had at least survived it with her sanity intact. 

"If you say so." Ramona said darkly. "But it's not nobodies it's Redfield."

View user profile

93 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:08 pm

"Chris... This really isn't the best time to tell me what a screw up I've been." Claire breathed as she answered the phone. She had curled herself up inside her bedsheets like she had as a small child.

"Of course it is..." Wesker murmured wearily. "The pathetic muscle head has nothing else to pass the time with."

94 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:24 pm

"I just want to tell you I love you before I land in Africa." Chris said, his tone rather sad. He probably didn't need to tell her he had no intention of coming home.

"If you need my help, you know,my number." Ramona said softly. "Good luck to you, Albert."

View user profile

95 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Claire suddenly sat up, she understood perfectly well what those words really meant. "Chris, don't..." She breathed, not sure how much more she could take. "Let me come with you! Please..."

"Luck is for the foolish." Wesker sneered before cutting the transmission suddenly. Though he had acted cool, knowing Chris was on his way filled him with at least a little dread.

96 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:05 pm

"I'm just glad that you made it home okay." Chris said softly. "Hey. Tomorrow is the annivesary. Mom would like it if you went and put flowers out there. Jill too. Can you do that for me?" He asked, his thumb resting on the cut off button. "It's a trip and I know it's a lot to ask but...you can do it...I trust you." 

"That's what I'm afraid of." Ramona muttered. She gathered her things and gave instructions, getting things ready so that she could interfere when the time came.

View user profile

97 Re: The bonds of family on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm

"Chris..." Claire's voice trembled and a fat tear slid down her cheek. "Please don't leave me... I love you too."

Wesker had already had Jill make the preparations for the experiment. It was time he saw Uroboros at work outside of the lab.

98 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

"Everything is fine, kiddo." Chris said softly. He knew he wasn't doing a good job of making his sister feel better. "While you're waiting for me to come home do some digging into Tricell, would you? That should take your mind off things."

Ramona kept a careful eye on Wesker. Even as she authorized his every desire, she made sure she saw it all. She noticed the very moment when he began acting strangely, even if Excella, who was right there did not.

View user profile

99 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:42 pm

"Tricell? But... Aren't they funding the BSAA?" Claire breathed as she wiped at her eyes. "Chris... What's going on?"

Wesker was aware he needed to be very careful now. He knew he was being watched, and even as Jill was infecting the civilians of that backwards village, Wesker was thinking ahead to Chris' arrival.

100 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

"Just...do me a favor...ok?" Chris asked. "We're landing I have to go..." he didn't say anything more he hung up, knowing a couldn't say goodbye to his sister.

Ramona was laying the ground work to make sure Terrasave was completely innocent in everything. Even as she bought Wilpharma and had their employees executed.

View user profile

101 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Claire stared hard at her phone as Chris hung up. She knew her brother, and she knew when he had lost all hope. Of course she would do what he asked of her, there was never any question of that. The hard part was going to the cemetery. The anniversaries seemed to come around so much quicker these past few years, and it still wasn't any easier.

Wesker was paying little attention to TerraSave or WilPharma. His only concern was with Tricell, or should that be controlling the director of the African branch. She truly was clueless about his plans.

102 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 pm

When Claire arrived at her parents grave site the next morning Leon was already waiting. He was in a black suit A bunch of red roses in his hands. He gave her a smile as she got close, holding the put for her. 

Excella was truly blind, trusting that Albert Wesley wanted her. She didn't think that he was using her. It never crossed her mind.

View user profile

103 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Claire herself wasn't in her usual attire. She wore a black dress that Jill had once bought her as a gift, her dark red hair hanging loose for once. She wondered if Leon noticed just how glad she was to see him there. "You remembered." She breathed, carefully taking hold of the flowers.

Wesker knew it never crossed Excella's mind even when Chris abandoned his mission to follow his own goal. It was shaky ground now, and Wesker knew he couldn't afford to fail. "You should have the samples transferred to the off shore facility." He warned her that morning.

104 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Leon nodded at her, not sure what to say. "You look beautiful." He said softly. "that dress makes you look...amazing..."

"It will be fine." Excella said, waving him off. "Don't worry about that. "

View user profile

105 Re: The bonds of family on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Claire couldn't help it as she blushed, ducking her head and tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Jill was always bugging me to wear it." She confessed softly. "I don't think I've seen you in a suit before. It looks good on you."

God he hated this woman. "Don't worry about it?" Wesker echoed thinly. "We have the BSAA breathing down our neck, and you tell me 'don't worry about it'?" He growled.

106 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:34 am

Leon  adjusted the cumberbund and gave her a gentle smile. "I wear one occasionally when  guarding the president during his events and things. I hate it. I was hoping to wear one to a wedding only. But that...probably won't happen."

"We practically have a minefield set up between us and them. Seriously, I am not worried about it." Excella waved a hand at him. "If you and Ramona don't shut up about it, I swear I will scream!"

View user profile

107 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:28 am

"I guess it's hard to pin Ada down for a wedding, huh?" Claire asked, her voice filled with sadness even if she didn't mean for it to be.

"Promise?" Wesker asked under his breath. "Woman, I do not think you comprehend just what a thorn in my side Chris Redfield can be. Why do you think I kept Jill alive all this time? For the fun of it? She is the only means of hurting him."

108 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:27 pm

"I never imagined marrying Ada." Leon said softly. He paused, taking two of the roses from her and kneeling to lay them on her parents grave. "do you miss them?" He asked her in a quiet voice.

"You are putting too much faith in a man like that. None of their agents have made it far enough for us to even have clean up the remains. I do not believe he'll be any different." Excella again dismissed him. "It's time for another dose and then we should celebrate. This will be over before it even begins. Trust me."
"Oh I feel better." Ramona's voice muttered in Wesker's ear. Too late she realized she hadn't meant for him to hear her.

View user profile

109 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:02 pm

"Every day." Claire breathed. "I was so young when they had their accident... But it doesn't stop me missing the smell of my mom's perfume, or having the memory of sitting in my dad's lap as he smoked one of those big fat cigars." She added, her voice catching slightly. "But I imagine it was even harder for Chris... Being stuck with me."

Wesker showed no outward reaction, other than to smirk slightly at Ramona's remark. "Very well, how about a wager? If Chris Redfield makes it here, you hand over your share in Tricell to me." He made no offer for if he lost, that was how confident he was that Chris would survive to throw a spanner in the works.

110 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm

"That's not the way he tells it." Leon said. "He told me that he never minded taking over raising you. You were the joy of his life. His baby sister. The reason he is alive. He makes it sound like he would do anything for you." He smiled ever so slightly. "I never met a man so crazy about his sister. I'm willing to bet he'd die for you, Claire." 

"And what do I get if I win?" Excella asked, walking forward and sliding her fingers along the expanse of his chest. 
Inside Wesker's ear Ramona made a gagging noise. She truly had no idea that he could hear her. "If someone doesn't kill her...I swear I will...Maybe she'll trip on those Jimmy Choo's...break that stupid giraffe neck..."

View user profile

111 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Claire tried to remain strong, but being here at her parents grave, talking about the past and then thinking about what Chris had said last night, it all seemed too much. Without much warning she suddenly slid her arms around Leon and buried her face against his shirt. 

Again Wesker was smiling, and laid his fingers over Excella's. "I think it's clear what you want, your king by your side. His resources making your army stronger." He breathed, all for Ramona's benefit.

112 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Leon wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly against him, wishing he could work up the nerve to kiss her. But he knew better. Claire didn't need him acting foolish. She'd probably push him away if he even tried it. 

"Oh god." Ramon made even more gagging noises as Excella leaned in close to Wesker and pressed her full lips to his. "This is just too much...Why can't I be smart enough to cut this damn feed. You deserve this, Albert. You deserve every bit of that nasty whore. I hope she gives you crabs." 

View user profile

113 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:48 pm

"I'm sorry..." Claire breathed after a moment, thinking she had simply made Leon uncomfortable. "The last thing you need is me girling out on you." she added, trying to wipe at her eyes without him seeing that she had cried a little. Not that the damp patch on his shirt wouldn't give it away.

Wesker pulled Excel into his lap, meaning that Ramona would be able to hear every breathy word the large breasted woman breathed against her Albert's ear. "What makes this even more delicious..." He breathed himself. "Is that pathetic woman who calls herself a director thinks she has control." Again, that was purely for Ramona.

114 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 pm

"Maybe it's the first thing I need." Leon whispered. He didn't know what came over him but all he wanted to do was be near her, to feel her lips on his. He leaned toward her and came very near to achieving his goal when a car door behind them slammed. 
"I'm not too late am I?" Sherry Birkin stepped out of the car, smiling nervously at the two people she hadn't seen in what seemed like a lifetime. 

Ramona hit the repeat button on her computer that emitted a high pitched noise in Wesker's ear. She knew given his extra sensitive abilities it was going to send him reeling. For that she could only smile. He deserved that and that crabs. Perhaps even more. Probably alot more.

View user profile

115 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Claire wanted to whine and stamp her foot like a petulant child. Leon had seemed to see more than just a friend, and now Claire feared she wouldn't get that moment back again. "No Sherry... Impeccable timing as always." She groaned, wishing the younger woman didn't always have the uncanny knack of turning up whenever things between herself and Leon looked like the might change.

Excel would find herself dumped on the floor as Wesker shot to his feet, rubbing at his ears. "Bitch..." He muttered while looking up at one of the cameras.

116 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:17 pm

"Chris called me and told me where you guys would be." Sherry said, nervously picking at the front of her dress.
Leon stepped away from Claire, feeling like she was glad the moment was over. He gave the younger woman a hug and smiled. "I'm glad you came. It's been a long time since either of us have seen you, sweetie." He told her. 

"You started it." Ramona purred in his ear. 
"What was that for?" Excella asked, pouting rather prettily. She got up ungracefully, rubbing her rather large bottom.

View user profile

117 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 pm

Claire was thinking the same thing about Leon. He was here to do the 'friend' thing, and she had been hoping for more. A small part of her was actually jealous of Sherry, given that the blond now worked for the government, just like Leon. Something they had in common that she couldn't really be a part of.

"At what point did I claim to give you reasons for every action I take?" Wesker sneered, shaking his head when he saw Excella had even spilled out of her dress. "Get out of here. I have work to do."

118 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Sherry looked a little disappointed as she looked at Claire. She'd been hoping for a hug...or something other than the almost hateful greeting she'd received. "So...This is them, huh? Your mom and dad?" She asked, gently pulling out the flowers she'd brought and laying them next to Leon's. "It's a nice headstone..."

"Fuck you too." Excella muttered, not even bothering to replace herself as she stomped out of the room. 
"Albert...you need to be more careful around her." Ramona warned. "Letting her give you those injections is a bad idea. I'd feel better if you gave them to yourself. I'm just saying..."

View user profile

119 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Claire nodded, still trying to wipe at her eyes. Sherry had always looked to her for the answers, and lately it felt like she was just letting the younger woman down. "Thanks... I don't take as good care of it as I should." she confessed quietly.

"Or you could come and give them to me." Wesker responded, pausing the exit from a different door than Excel and into his private room.

120 Re: The bonds of family on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:48 pm

"It's not like there's nothing else going on." Sherry said, patting Claire on there shoulder with a soft laugh. "Your parents understand. From what you told me they were good people. Alot better than mine. That's got to count for something. Right?" 

"Or you could come back here and switch with this clone that's milling about." Ramona countered. "It's not like Tits and Brains would even notice. Hell, when the Epic battle with Chris comes up, I'm willing to bet he won't either." She gave a soft laugh at that. "That's a bet, Mr. Wesker, I can guarantee you wouldn't win." 

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum