The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brotherhood of the Hunters

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That's really how you plan to live up to the family name?" Lukas Hunter had come looking for his younger sibling late one evening. It had been left to him to tutor the younger man in things their father never did since his disappearance several years ago. He made it seem like a chore for him to do this, but secretly he enjoyed bossing the other man around, and was actually proud of what they did. He was arrogant enough to believe the world was a safer place because of him, blindly following the guild and their rules when it came to witches.

Evan Amber was sat in a dimly lit bar that evening, the stirrer in her drink slowly moving around the glass of its own accord as she read the book before her. It would have strained the eyes of any normal person, but then witches were hardly considered normal. This was a safe haven of sorts, a bar only known of to other witches. Evan liked it this way, it was the only freedom in a world controlled by the witch hunters guild. While her craft came natural to her, Evan wasn't like most other witches. She had no long family lineage to teach her the ways of the craft, having been born into a family of 'norms', she had instead been left outcast by them to struggle until she stumbled upon a best friend to show her everything.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

2Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Simon stared at the amber liquid in his glass, making every effort to ignore his brother. He was pretty sure he was extremely drunk. He wasn't about to tell Lukas he'd seen a dark haired woman in his glass. His brother would beat him senseless and then force him to run along side the car until they got him. Then probably put him through paces. All before giving him a lecture on Witch abilities. As if he hadn't heard them enough. He thumbed the pendant on his chest and muttered something that would have made a sailor blush. Then he grabbed the glass and proceeded to down it. The liquid reached his lips when he saw the woman again and he froze. Those eyes...it wasn't the first time he'd seen her. This was unreal. It did something to him but he just couldn't put a finger on whether it was good or bad. 

Annabelle Guthrie pushed back her wild red hair and stepped into the Dark Star Bar, sighing deeply. This was the last thing she wanted to do on a Friday night. She'd rather be home in her room reading a giant romance book and falling asleep. Being among her own kind was a terrible chore. However, she'd gotten a tip that Evan had disappeared in here. Her best friend had seemed particularly depressed when she'd seen her at the library earlier and she knew that it meant trouble. 
She certainly wasn't wrong. She saw the glowing liquid seconds too late. In the time it took her to cross the bar, Evan had opened a viewing spell and someone had seen her. She got a glimpse of two men leaning over the cup before she tossed it to the floor and waved her hand over the shards to close the portal. "What the devil are you thinking?!" She cried, turning to glare at her friend. "Those could have been Hunters! Have you lost your mind?!"

3Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas scowled when he saw that his brother was already intoxicated, knocking the already empty glass out of his hand where it shattered on the floor. He had no way of knowing the same thing had just happened to the glass at the other end of a portal he hadn't had time to notice. "This is what our ancestors died for? So you could get shit faced and forget the mission?" He growled, as self righteous as ever.

Evan glared up at her friend with the strange eyes that she didn't know a hunter had already seen. One eye was a golden colour with flecks of black in it, while the other was simply bright blue. It was an unusual trait even among witches, but it was also one that betrayed something darker; she was a dreamwalker, a taboo craft to her own kind that was considered dark and evil even to them. Evan certainly wasn't evil, and while she was sleeping she couldn't always control her ability. "So what if they were?" She huffed rather sulkily, slamming her book closed. "I was just playing!" Fear of her own natural ability meant that Evan often tried to avoid sleep as much as possible, which was exactly why she was in the Dark Star bar that very evening.

4Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:15 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The ancestors said the eldest brother...and besides, what do they care? They're dead just like dad." Simon grumbled, frowning at the thin liquid on the floor. Those eyes... he was dying to see more. It had all but taken away whatever haze he'd been trying to put himself under. "You suck, Luke." He muttered.

"Playing? No, you were daydreaming." Annabelle said pointedly. She waved a hand and a broom leaning against the wall swept over on its own, cleaning the mess. "That's dangerous and you know it." She finished.

5Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Dad is not dead!" Lukas growled, whacking Simon across the back of the head. "Missing is not dead!" He added before snatching the bottle off the table before his sibling could drink anymore. "It is as much your responsibility as it is mine to keep the world safe from witches. You would rather they ran unchecked, bewitching whomever they chose?"

Evan huffed loudly and rolled her eyes. "Come on Belle! It's not like I was seducing a hunter or something!"

6Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't see a problem in it. You're so ugly they'd never bother you." Simon grumbled, waving to the bartender to bring him another drink. "You're a bigger beast than those dogs on third street."

"How do you know that's not who you were looking at? There were two men in that glass!" Annabelle hissed.

7Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas merely shook his head, acting like his younger brother's words didn't bother him. In all truth, it was quite the opposite. The deep scar he had gotten on one side of his face protecting Simon as a small child was a great cause for him to be self conscious. "And you would gladly fall into bed with our enemy, all to add another notch to the bedpost. You are an embarrassment to the name Hunter."

Evan smiled and rose to her feet, the waves of her mermaid like hair slipping over her shoulder as she leaned down to pick up her book. "Twice the fun then." She purred, winking playfully at her friend.

8Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So send me packing." Simon said. He lithly moved around his brother and lifted a bottle off another table. "I just can't help myself. Especially when they've got the cat eye."  He purred. 
The man at the table grabbed Lukas by the front of his jacket and pulled back a heavy fist to punch him. Somehow he got the impression the elder brother had stolen the drink. In the meantime, Simon slipped out the back door.

"Oh for heavens sake." Annabelle groaned, shaking her head. "You need a cold shower, ma'am. And maybe a book or two about witch virtures."

9Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:03 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas saw the first coming, and part of him simply wanted to let it connect with his face. It seemed pain was the only feeling he registered lately. Instead he ducked out the way and twisted the other man's arm up behind his back hard enough to dislocate it. "Be smart about this, just order another drink." He growled, before pushing him away.

"Is that what gets you through the long dark nights?" Evan asked with a chuckle. "Virtues wont keep you warm at night, Belle." She added.

10Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Simon was out in the night air before he knew it, breathing it all in. All he could think of were those lovely eyes he'd seen in the glass. He wanted to find them. But how? And with his brother hounding him about witches all the time, he might never have time. He had to do something. 

"I have a fire, a blanket, and a book. None of these items are likely to betray or kill me. I'll stick with that." Belle said firmly. She turned away from her friends so that she couldn't see the sadness in her bright blue eyes.

11Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I am sick of cleaning up your mess!" Lukas snarled as he stomped outside, unaware his brother was daydreaming about a witch.

"Catch your blanket in the fire, and they could kill you, actually." Evan told her friend with a snort of laughter.

12Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So don't." Simon flicked cigarette at hi, frowning when he realized it was his last and he hadn't even lit it. "But before you do, let's go hunting. Shall we?"

Belle smiled ever so slightly. "Come on. We can go to my house and I'll brew you some chamomile tea." She held out her hand for her friend and smiled. "Please?"

13Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:04 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas was scowling at Simon now, not because of the cigarette, but because his brother never wanted to go hunting. "Why?" He asked suspiciously.

Even sighed, knowing her friend wouldn't take no for an answer. "Alright, but there had better be pizza too!" She teased.

14Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:36 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Because I have a lead." Simon reached up and ruffled his brother's honey colored hair. "You never trust me, beastie. I'd you won't let me drink we might as well do something fun."

"Movies and those little cakes with extra icing too." Belle said with a warm smile. "Now get your coat. I feel like making it snow tonight."

15Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:37 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You're leads are usually drug addled whores who have no idea who they are, let alone what a witch is." Lukas snorted as he smoothed down his hair.

Evan smiled a little brighter and wrapped her purple scarf around her neck before putting her coat on. "You know how to buy me." She teased.

16Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:31 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So complaining. You've enjoyed one or two." Simon said with a wicked grin. "They like the whole Beastie bit anyway." He kept walking, waving his brothers keys as he went.

Belle grinned. "At least I'm good at something." She quipped, snapping her fingers. It was no more than  moment or two when the tiny snowflakes began twisting down outside.

17Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas smiled slightly only after his wayward brother had walked on ahead of him. He certainly did enjoy the women they found sometimes. He treated them like the whores they were and doubted they could walk for a week. "So this lead you claim you have... Do you even know where it leads us?"

Evan was quick to run outside, her arms stretched out and her head back as she spun around to let the snow touch down against her cheeks.

18Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Simon held up the glass shard he'd taken from the floor and smiled. "You never trust me, Luky..." He purred. He stopped speaking when the snow began to tumble from a sky that had been clear only moments ago. "Damn witches." He muttered. 

Belle laughed, waving a hand so that the snow began to swirl around her friend. The younger woman was so impetuous and free. She was lucky for this. She had no idea.

19Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas just shook his head. "So now you expect me to believe you care about the job?" He snorted.

Evan was grinning even more as the snow swirled. She put a lot of effort into making everyone, namely Annabelle, believe she was happy.

20Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Not a chance. But I did see something interesting." Simon said. He was again staring at the glass, ignoring the increase in snow as he watched a swirl of odd colored hair sweep by in the enchantment. "I want to follow through with it. That's all." 

Belle waved a hand and gave up on the dance. "Come on. We'd better get out of the open in case your drink called those men here. The bar is protected but we are not as long as we're outside."

21Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You mean you saw something you liked and now you want a taste?" Lukas replied, presuming he knew his brother all too well.

"Who would it have even called? No one wants to talk to me." Evan pointed out as she followed Belle, balancing along the curb with her arms out like a small child would.

22Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Simon snorted. "I saw something that posed me off." He muttered,  following the glass as it hummed in his fingers. "Get off my back beast."

"A hunter?" Belle said trying to bundle her friend up and male her start walking.

23Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I'll get off your back when you stop acting like a petulant child and take responsibility for the things we are supposed to keep this world safe from!" Lukas growled.

"Come on, it's not like I broke their silly law!" Evan huffed. "I know the rules, Belle, no magic on humans."

24Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's your job. I'm not the first born. Your problems are not mine." Simon said, turning down another street. He was so lost in what he was doing he nearly ran into a pole. 

"There's no saying you didnt. That one man was looking straight at you." Belle sighed.

25Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You think I asked to be born first?!" Lukas finally growled. "I accepted what was handed me, and thought perhaps you would have the courage to help!"

Evan snorted in disagreement. "Like anyone looks twice at me." She replied, finally giving in and following Belle at a brisk pace. "He was probably just looking for you."

26Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:15 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I have other things to do..." Simon lost his train of thought as the glass showed him a flash of red that he knew didn't belong to him. Belong to him? What in the world was he thinking? "Lukas...I need you to come look at this..." he couldn't take it anymore. He had to tell the elder man.

"You were the one with the finger in the glass." Belle said, not knowing a piece of it still clung to her friend's hair. "Whatever happens is all your fault." She teased.

27Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Where did you get this?!" Lukas demanded, his nostrils flaring as he grabbed hold of his brother's wrist. "It reeks of witches!"

"You ruined the fun." Evan replied, poking her tongue out at Belle. "What if I was watching some yummy guy who was going to be the one you marry?"

28Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It was the glass I was drinking out of, moron." Simon snapped. He snatched the glass back from Lukas and shook his head. He never should have shown the elder man. He was going to ruin the magic. He was good at that.

"Oh please. I'm never getting married. I'll just stick to my books. After what happened to my parents, I think I'm better off alone." Belle said softly, pulling her hood over her hair.

29Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"A glass a witch was spying on you through?!" Lukas growled. "I had no idea you were so stupid!"

"You'll never be alone, Belle. You have me." Evan breathed, suddenly attacking her best friend with a tight hug that betrayed her small size.

30Brotherhood of the Hunters Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What makes you think it's a witch? Even I remember dad talking about imprinting of a life. What if that's from a ghost? You always jump to conclusions." Simon hissed. 

Belle laughed. The sound carried through the glass even if she didn't know it. "You silly girl."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum