The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brotherhood of the Hunters

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

1Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"That's really how you plan to live up to the family name?" Lukas Hunter had come looking for his younger sibling late one evening. It had been left to him to tutor the younger man in things their father never did since his disappearance several years ago. He made it seem like a chore for him to do this, but secretly he enjoyed bossing the other man around, and was actually proud of what they did. He was arrogant enough to believe the world was a safer place because of him, blindly following the guild and their rules when it came to witches.

Evan Amber was sat in a dimly lit bar that evening, the stirrer in her drink slowly moving around the glass of its own accord as she read the book before her. It would have strained the eyes of any normal person, but then witches were hardly considered normal. This was a safe haven of sorts, a bar only known of to other witches. Evan liked it this way, it was the only freedom in a world controlled by the witch hunters guild. While her craft came natural to her, Evan wasn't like most other witches. She had no long family lineage to teach her the ways of the craft, having been born into a family of 'norms', she had instead been left outcast by them to struggle until she stumbled upon a best friend to show her everything.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

121Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I know you're hiding her for a reason. I'll bring the full force of the guild down upon you, witch." Lukas warned, carefully setting the unicorn back down. He didn't feel the need to tell her about the journal. Not yet.

"Evangeline." The pastel haired witch whispered. "But most just call me Evan." She added, her bright smile returning for a moment.

122Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm not scared of your guild. What more can you people take from me?" Belle turned on him, a tear sliding down her cheek. "Last chance to get out before I give you a reason to call the guild."

"Sounds like an angel's name." Simon whispered, tipping his fave down to hers.

123Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What more can we take?" Lukas glanced past Belle to where he could see the multicoloured waves of hair hanging over the edge of the couch.

"I assure you, I'm no angel." Evan breathed, bridging the gap between them and pressing her soft lips to Simon's.

124Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No. Please...I'll give you anything. I'll tell your people any lie you wish. But please...don't take my friend..." Belle's hands went out of tree defensive gesture to one of pleading. 

"Could have fooled me." Simon breathed, deepening the kiss as he pulled her against him.

125Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas glanced from the sleeping woman back tot he pleading witch before him. "Help my brother." He told her simply. "Your little attack today embedded a piece of glass in his heart. So long as it is there he is a tool to the guild, and infatuated with your friend."

The dream world around them was fading fast. One of them was waking up, and Evan didn't want that. This forbidden tryst with the beautiful hunter had given her back her spark in a time when she found the world a dull and uninteresting place.

126Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I...the infatuation, I can't fix. But the glass...at least I can break the spell. Take me to him." Belle said, grabbing her keys off the table. 

Simon only knew Evan and her sweet, salty taste. Nothing else mattered. His fingers slid into her strange hair. He didn't want to let go. He would stay forever if he could.

127Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:01 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You take the glass out, and I promise you he wont want anything to do with her." Lukas vowed, casting one last glance at the sleeping Evan as he held open the door for Belle.

Evan had never known anyone taste like Simon did. She somehow knew he was almost like her; the feeling of being trapped, bound by the circumstance of his birth. Even she had no idea that their elder counterparts were about to rip them apart.

128Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I can't promise anything." Belle whispered, hanging her head as she headed out the door. She needed to save he friend. It wasn't the first time she'd done it. 

"I'm glad I found you." He whispered as he pulled away, resting his forehead on hers. "I feel like I've been searching for you all my life."

129Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Save my brother, and I can help you stay hidden." Lukas told Belle, going against everything in his nature that told him he should hang these women right now. Something about Belle seemed to be bringing out the compassion in him.

Evan was grinning brightly, her odd coloured eyes dancing as she looked up at Simon, of course that was until a sobering thought hit her. "They wont let us be together." She whispered, pull her forehead away from Simon to hug him tightly as she rested her cheek against his chest. It should have felt strange, to want someone she barely knew so badly.

130Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I said, I can't promise anything." Belle said, grabbing her purse off the end table before closing and locking the door behind her. "I don't even know your name you know."

"Screw them. My brother the beast can't keep us apart. If we'really meant to be then it will happen. Besides," he tapped his chest. "I've got this." He added, giving her an enormous grin.

131Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then ask yourself, how much do you really wish to keep the glass child safe?" The hunter asked as he walked down to the bottom of the path. "My brother calls me 'Beast', but my name is Lukas."

Evan didn't share Simon's confidence. "And if the glass is gone? What then?" She breathed. "Whatever happens, promise me you wont tell him about what happened here tonight? If he finds out I'm a dreamwalker... He will kill me fore certain."

132Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Glass child?" Belle asked, feeling like she had a million questions for this man. She was also curious why his brother called him Beast. Did his attitude play a part? 

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Simon asked her. "I know how the die hard hunters work. I won't tell him about you, don't worry."

133Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas smiled, knowing that phrase would pique Belle's interest. "I simply mean you treat her like she is made of glass." He lied.

"But he's your brother, I don't want to cause a rift between you." Evan insisted gently. "What if he hunts Belle and I anyway?"

134Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Until she learns to keep her abilities at a safe minimum, I will." Belle said, holding her purse close to her. "If you'd treat your brother a little less so, we probably wouldn't be here." 

"Oh there's already a rift big enough to kill yourself in." Simon muttered. "And as for the hunting...you'd better watch your back he's probably already on it while we're sleeping.

135Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"My brother is a self centred hedonist. The sooner he learns how to be responsible the safer everyone will be." Lukas replied rather sternly, proving how little he truly knew his younger sibling.

"Let's not talk about him." Evan insisted, once again burying her face against Simon. "One of us could wake up at any moment."

136Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"And you are nothing of the sort." Belle remarked, pulling her shawl tighter around herself. "Aren't you going to knock me out or something so I don't see where your secret Witch Hunter base is at?" She turned back to the house and flicked her fingers, the door disappearing from sight. 

"Am I going to remember this dream?" Simon asked her, suddenly worried that he wouldn't. "Are you going to think that I'll slip and tell my brother and take even the kiss away?"

137Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Secret witch hunter base?" Lukas asked with a snort. "We're not some secret organization, you know. It makes no difference if you know where we are based, we have many priests to keep us from harm."

"It's worth the risk, don't you think so?" Evan breathed, offering Simon a bright smile.

138Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:42 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What do you think priests really are?" Belle asked, snowflakes disappearing into her firey hair. "Why are they forgiven yet my parents were not?" 

Simon couldn't help himself, he tipped her face up and kissed her deeply. He may not remember this but he was going to enjoy this while it lasted.

139Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Priests are specially sanctioned by the church. They are watched and not let loose among the population like a common witch." It was something he seemed to recite like indoctrination. After a moment he very almost seemed to smile. "No offense."

A sudden strong wind seemed to come out of nowhere and knock them both off balance, landing in the surf which only caused Evan to erupt into a fit of laughter.

140Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My father was a priest until he realized what the Guild was doing to innocent witches." Belle said, wrinkling her nose when a snowflake hit her there. "He saved my mother."

Simon couldn't help but laugh as well. He got to his feet and looked around them, surprised to see the sky dancing with rainbow colors.

141Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:58 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You mean he betrayed his own people." Lukas corrected rather harshly. "And you really wonder why he was sentenced the way he was? He was selfish to drag others into his business."

Evan saw the colours too, and she knew it wasn't a good thing like Simon thought. Her dream was bleeding into his, and she always woke screaming from a nightmare she could barely remember.

142Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Do you always walk with your chest puffed out?" Belle asked him. "Are you so certain you are always right?"

Simon noted that Evan was no longer smiling. That worried him. She was starting to pull away and he was starting to forget. He wasn't exactly sure what was happening.

143Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas frowned, taking Belle rather literally. "Did he ask you to protect the other girl? Is that why you think you need to hide her from the world?"

"You should go to the archives." Evan breathed when she realised time was short. "Look at your father's journals and persuade your brother we are not bad people, please." She implored, taking Simon's face gently between her slender hands.

144Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What? My father didn't even know Evan." Belle frowned, wishing she'd have fought harder instead of simply giving in to the man out of fear. "I protect her because she is my friend."

"You aren't like your friend. Why?" Simon asked, his silver eyes sweeping over her face. "You're afraid of something in this dream. What is it?"

145Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lukas simply smiled thinly. "Then you haven't been friends for long? Do you even know her at all?"

"I wish I had an answer." Evan breathed. "I don't remember my dreams, only that I wake from them screaming and terrified of something."

146Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's none of your business. You're fishing for something." Belle said firmly. "How much further? I have a lot to do and I need to get back home."

A dark feeling was growing in the pit of Simon's stomach and he frowned deeply. "I'm not leaving you to fave this alone."

147Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You don't know the answer." Lukas pointed out when Belle turned his questions back on him. "What do you have to get back for? To babysit a friend who seems to care little in return?"

"You wont have a choice." Evan told Simon sadly. "There is every chance neither of us will remember what happened here when we wake up anyway."

148Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Perhaps it is to brew a potion to make you seem a little less surly." Belle snapped back. "Or maybe I am just behind on my website sales."

"But I..." Simon could hear his brother's gruff tone and then a woman's curt reply. His eyes fluttered and Evan began to fade.

149Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"See, proof that witches think of nothing more than perverting and clouding the minds of others!" Lukas insisted, again taking her words seriously. He was still shaking his head as he unlocked the door to the building where the priests were keeping his brother.

Evan's strange eyes would be the last thing to fade, and Simon would possibly hear the rumbling growl of someone, or something, that had just caught up to the young witch.

150Brotherhood of the Hunters - Page 5 Empty Re: Brotherhood of the Hunters Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Simon sat straight up and screamed, the sound echoing through the building. "Well?" Belle looked toward Lukas with a frown. "Your brother's lungs seem to be working fine."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum