The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Border Crossing

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

1Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Border Crossing Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Richard took the pair of pants and nodded, dropping his others on the floor without a thought. He had never been shy . being a prince, he'd never been given that option. "I am a little put out that I was unable to protect you when the mermaid queen became upset. But I am not angry with you."

The woman held her dress against her breasts and backed toward the door, feeling for the handle on the wall. "I did what I was told. Even your slave knew her place and left when she was told. I am not stupid enough to disobey the king's captain of the guard!"

121Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You will marry me." Kane said, his fingers poised over the image. "You will agree to it with your own words. I will not have to force you. Both of them will see. All of them will see you say it. You will agree to be mine in every single sense of the word. Are we clear, child?" 

"What?" Yena's head came up and her eyes went wide. "You can't be serious!" She hissed through her teeth." The tips of her ears were a violent red. "The human maker damn me to his hell!" She shoved away from the bed and began to pace. "You see?! You see just how horrible I am?! I ruin even the Dread Wolf!" She shouted, her chest heaving.

122Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:07 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice nodded, feeling like the universe was laughing at her. It was laughing at the little princess who had thought she was actually a brave and strong pirate Queen. All along her only use had been as a bride, the fate she had tried so hard to run from. "Save Garrik, and you can have me whoever you like." She told Kane, though the light that had once been in her blue flecked eyes seemed to have died.

The hunter sighed quietly, staring at the door Yena had left through. "Why did you never tell her?" He asked, all too aware now that Auron was conscious again.
"She held the Dread Wolf on such a high pedestal... How could I disappoint her by confessing it was... This?" Auron breathed, waving a hand in reference to his own rather broken shell.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

123Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Kane nodded, sweeping a hand toward the wall. Garrick would find himself once again a prisoner in someone's castle. He was lying on the ground with mortal wounds, cursing himself for failing Alice and his mysterious benefactor. "You may keep him as a pet if that would please my bride."Kane purred. "You see? I am not so cruel. You will come to love me."

Yena stomped out of the cabin completely and paced the forest, muttering to herself. She had on idea she had been in the presence of not one but two gods. One of them happened to be the Maker himself.

124Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice didn't know how to respond to this. There was a catch somewhere, or a further price Kane would ask her to pay later down the line. The young woman simply couldn't find the will to care. She was once again a prisoner in gilded cage. "Can I see him now?" She asked rather quietly. 

"She doesn't know, does she?" Auron asked the other man. "You call us both out for not being honest, and you never told her who you really are."
The hunter shook his head. "It never came up." He replied simply.
"Right, how many months and you never told her you were the father of her own creation?" Auron snorted as he pushed himself to his feet, preparing to chase after Yena once more.

125Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No. Not until after the wedding. I won't risk you trying to escape." Kane said, turning toward the door. "I am sending slaves to make you a dress and fix you up. You will look lovely for our union."

Yena sat on a stump outside the cabin, helping herself to the hunter's stew. Her stomach was aching and she simply couldn't help it. She would hate herself for it later.

126Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice simply sat down on the edge of the bed now and stared into her lap. Even if she broke free, she could no longer run... Kane had Garrik's life dangling above her now. For both their sake's she would have to do exactly as he wished.

Auron couldn't believe the maker had been the one to care for Yena all this time. Father of all life, and he had allowed her to wallow. "Has he not been feeding you?" Auron commented when he found Yena eating her second helping of stew.

127Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The maids came in, looking like Kane had used them in Alice's place. One young woman sat behind her and timidly brushed her hair, sniffing quietly.

"I...I have been trying to starve myself but...have you tasted this?" Yena held out the bowl to him. "This is amazing. He uses nug."

128Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice was lost in her thoughts as she simply sat there. She couldn't even recall her last conversation with Garrik, and had convinced herself that made her a horrible person. It took a little while, but the quiet sniffling soon broke into her thoughts. "You get used to the self loathing he causes..." She muttered.

Auron wasn't smiling, and he didn't accept the bowl. "That's how it is? You would rather die than be with me?"

129Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"He said the Maker has abandoned us." The young woman said softly. "He has turned the world into darkness and there's nothing anyone can do about it." 

"I don't want to talk about it. Besides, you would rather die than be with me. You made it clear when you tried to sacrifice yourself to that...why did you submit to a human?"

130Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"He's probably right." Alice agreed. "No one can stop Kane now... He gets everything he wants, in the end. I was an idiot to think I could stand up to him any more  now than I could when we were children."

"I was doing anything I could to save you!" Auron hissed. "I was offering a trade, not killing myself like some worthless slug!" He added, now slapping the bowl from Yena's fingers.

131Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I suppose I am lucky to be born a dwarf then. The maker created and forgot about us. Didn't even bother to give us dreams." The young woman said with a sigh. She began to braid Alice's hair. "Kane talks of dreams all the time. He says his are filled with monster that eat his insides. How I wish that were true..." 

"And what do you think would have happened to you?!" Yena snarled, launching to her feet. Her eyes were sparkling with fury. "Being more powerful then myself he would he ripped you apart because he was jealius! I call that death! I'm not sure what they call it where you come from, you worthless slug!"

132Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I envy you, if you truly do not dream." Alice whispered, still suffering nightmares thanks to what Kane had done to her the last time she made a deal with him for the life of someone she cared for.

"I made my offer to protect you! I didn't starve myself just because I wanted to be alone!" Auron shot back.

133Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I think that dwarves were the broken mold that your maker had. I think he didn't like what he'd made and tossed us aside." the young woman laughed softly. "Your king employs us only because we cannot do magic like the rest of you. He fears it. He even fears himself." She continued to braid, silent for a while. "But you already know this, don't you?" 

"No. You just tried to give your heart to your king so I couldn't have it." Yena muttered.

134Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Not everyone can do magic." Alice replied, as though it was simply programmed into her to respond with that answer when asked otherwise. "Kane always resented being second born, he felt himself a much better match as king than Richard."

Auron suddenly growled in frustration, his eyes full of golden fury. "You, woman, are impossible!"

135Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Could Richard do magic? Is that why he hated him so much?" The dwarf asked. She let go of Alice's hair and sat in front of her. She finally showed the other woman her small yet stocky stature, complete with auburn hair and oddly silver colored eyes. 

"And you are not what I believed the Dread Wolf would be!" Yena shouted back, turning to clean up the mess the spilled stew had made.

136Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice sighed heavily, hating the feel of braided hair. It reminded her of the unseen chains that had been placed upon her when she had been a bargaining tool for her father. "I don't know." She confessed. "Richard... it quite a bit older than me, he was old enough to be away for weeks at a time ever since I was born. He was my favourite brother, and yet I saw very little of him."

"Well I'm sorry! I can hardly compete with your savior, the Maker, now can I?"! Auron boomed. "You had the undivided attention of the great father, and it still wasn't enough for you... I don't think anything ever will be!"

137Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The dwarf shook her head. "I don't suppose it matters. He's going to die soon. Kane is going to kill him at the wedding. He's going to call it entertainment for the demon guests or whatever." She looked rather sad at having to tell the other woman this. "But...I'm glad to hear that you liked him. I've heard lots of people say he was a good man." 

Yena threw the wooden bowl, hitting Auron square in the forehead. "You have lost your mind!" She shouted at him. "You're jealous and probably drunk! Talking about a maker that doesn't exist and never did!"

138Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Oddly, Alice smiled. "Richard will be there?" She asked, having blind faith in the man she still believed was the eldest and kindest of her siblings. 

"Jealous?!" Auron scoffed. "Coming from the woman who whored me to an innkeepers wife just for the chance to leave me without even a goodbye?!"

139Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Center stage as they say. Kane already had us prepare him." The dwarf said with a nod. "You wouldn't believe what he had to pay and promise the mermaids for him. A copy something that looked exactly like him for their queen." 

"You did all of that on your own. You don't remember it?" Yena snapped. "You asked for ale. You took one drinke and started calling me a mutt...a little slave...a worthless beast I believe the term was." She hissed. "You ended it with a reminder that I was his pet, and a murder. Before you planted a kiss on that slutty woman who couldn't keep her hands off you! Do not tell me I whored you!"

140Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice closed her eyes, feeling yet another life she had ruined press down on her. "Their Queen... she accepted that?" She asked, her voice wavering slightly. Kane truly knew how to break his bride to be.

"Lies!" Auron growled, his whole body seemed much more wolf like in its mannerisms the more Yena went on. "I would never say those things! Least of all I would want some pathetic human, when I had a dragon!"

141Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"From what I saw she was overjoyed at the thought of having a copy. It walked and talked and confessed love to only her. She took it away and never looked back." The dwarf told Alice. "Even knowing the dragon prince had her son didn't seem to bother her a bit. She said the price was well worth it." 

Yena glared right back at him, her own mannerisms mirroring his even if she didn't realize it. "The barkeep handed you the ale and you turned your head and looked at me like you hated me. Your eyes were like they are now." The slender elf pointed out. "They were glowing and you were smirking hatefully. Go ahead. Say what you're thinking. Call me a mutt! Call me a worthless beast! A murderer! Cause...I am! I've killed your mother and your child. You must have seen it even then!" She shouted, her chin quivering violently.

142Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice simply buried her face in her hands now. She had no plan, no coherent thought beyond knowing Garrik had been doubly betrayed this day. "Where is Kane now? He said I can't see Garrik... But what about Richard?"

Auron was frowning, trying so hard to recall that night. "The ale..." He murmured. "The wife knew I was Captain of the guard..." He was trying to piece together what bits he did remember. "They were probably expecting us! Kane knew I had no intention of taking you to the prison in the mountain!"

143Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Well...he did tell me to feed you and Richard is in the main dinning hall..." The dwarf was smiling as she nodded. "Come on then, I'll take you to get something to eat. You can sit and enjoy the...sights." She said softly. 

"What are you saying? He set this up?" She asked, trying to think of the barkeep herself. He was a dark haired man with a rather wicked smile. He kept looking at her...

144Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:14 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice nodded and rose up gracefully to her feet. "Could you... do me one last little favour... Coudl you make sure Garrik is comfortable?" She asked, feeling even worse for asking anything more of this woman.

"You think this doesn't reek of Kane?" Auron asked, his stance a little less defensive now.

145Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:51 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We were warned not to go near those cages but I will do my best." The dwarf said softly. She led Alive to a great hall where Richard was chained in the center like some kind of insane criminal. Demons were taking great delight in poking at him as they passed. 
"I'm sorry." The dwarf said softly, knowing it would be hard on the other woman to see this.

"He kept feeding you drinks right up until I left." Yena whispered. "You had started to kiss the innkeepers wife...right there in your lap. The bar keep told me I soul go. I'd be better off alone. It was obvious how you felt."

146Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice sniffled quietly, then took a deep breath; the last thing she wanted Richard to see was her being weak. "I'm sorry things turned out this way.' She told her 'brother' softly when she reached him. "I'm sorry your mermaid was so shallow."

"Obvious?" Auron asked thinly. "You saw nothing supicious, only copious drinks and a woman with no self respect?"

147Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's funny." Richard said, his voice hoarse and broken. "He said the same thing." He turned his head toward her, blood sliding down his cheeks. "But he didn't sound like he meant a word of it..." He offered her a weary smile. "Hey there, kiddo. All you did was get taller." He laughed softly. 

"The people in Kane's castle told me how you were with women and drink so...I thought nothing of it." Yena admitted, knowing this would offend him almost as much as if she'd said she'd paid the woman to sleep with him.

148Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I'm still trying to catch up to you." Alice whispered, desperately trying to hold herself together. "You should have stayed wherever it was you were... I'm sorry I got you involved in this."

"So you just believed them?" Auron asked sadly, Yena's thought about him being hurt very much true. "I guess... We don't know each other than well then, do we?"

149Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Ferelden had terrible coffee." He teased her. "You know how I am about my coffee." He breathed. "Come give your brother a hug. It's been so long and I feel like I've torn the world apart looking for you." 

"No. That much is clear." Yena breathed, staring at the window to the cabin. Inside the hunter was happily stripping another nug for more stew. He loved to make his stew. She knew so much about the hunter. And nothing about the man she adored. The man she'd worshiped even as a small child.

150Border Crossing - Page 5 Empty Re: Border Crossing Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:31 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Alice tried to resist, knowing she would fall apart the second she embraced her eldest sibling. It only took a moment however before she was throwing her arms around Richard and burying her face against his shoulder.

"Then perhaps you had it right all along; you were happiest alone." Auron told Yena, still trying to remain the strong wall of muscle she remembered, no matter that his legs were barely holding him upright.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next