The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

As the world falls down

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

1As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty As the world falls down Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Oh come on... You really expect me to believe that?" The young woman shook her head and continued to clean the glass she was holding. "So let me get this right, the guy smashed a fist clean through your window, while you were driving, and tried to take a chunk clean out of you?" She clarified, a dark eyebrow raised in amusement. "Seriously, Jackson, if that were even a little true, why are you here in my bar and not squealing to the cops like a good little citizen?"
"Cleo! Come on!" The man who had been addressed at Jackson wailed. "I'm in shock here! Some guy tries to chow down on me, and you're not even a little worried for my well being? That's cold... Even for you!"
Cleo smiled and gently set the glass down before leaning her elbows on the bar to come face to face with Jackson, the waves of her dyed silver hair slipping over her shoulders. The bar owner always wore matt red lipstick and lots of black eyeliner around her pale blue eyes. The hint of her natural hair colour was the slice of ebony in the side of her blunt cut bangs that stopped just above her eyebrows.
The young woman often did this, stared people down until they simply cracked and told her what she wanted to know. But Jackson wasn't changing his story, which bothered her more than it should.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

181As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Maybe." Ben snorted. "But then... You don't care what anyone else wants, only what makes Shelly feel good, right?" He added, treating her with the same disdain as Jacob was Cleo.

Cleo had had about enough. She shoved Jacob through the broken doorway of an already abandoned store. "You're telling me right now why exactly you have such a stick up your ass about everything I say or do!"

182As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly nodded. "What's so wrong with that? You think you'd have figured out by now that's exactly how I am." She snapped. "I can't believe you tried to replace me with that. She's pathetic, Ben. You're embarrassing yourself!" 

"No." Jacob's answer was firm, even though it took him longer than before to get to his feet. "I don't owe you anything. I never did, now get the hell away from me. You're ruining my day."

183As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Rather strangely, Ben smiled. "No, honey... You're only embarrassing yourself." He told her, finally taking a step back. "You really think the whore thing will still be fun when your old and no one wants a dried up old hag?"

Cleo pushed Jacob to the ground, wanting to prove her point that right then... She was the strong one. "Never did? Cut the cryptic crap." She added, holding him down with her boot on his chest.

184As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You really think you're going to be happy with her? You'll spend your life thinking about me and what could have been. In the end you'll make both of you miserable. Youvery already lost her. Don't you see that? Stop fighting how you feel for me."

Jacob shook his head, his lips set in a thin line. "You can't bully me, Cleo. Not anymore. Now go on. Find your friend and get lost. You're getting on my nerves."

185As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Shelly..." Ben sighed wearily and ran his fingers through his hair. "It doesn't matter how I may or may not feel for you... I can't ever forgive what you did. That alone is enough to keep me far away from you."

"Until you let someone fix that gaping hole in your gut, you're weak as a kitten." Cleo pointed out. "I'm not bullying you, just pointing out a fact, jackass."

186As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"And running to her? How stupid of you, Benny. She's not your type." Shelly snorted. "Can we go now? Or was there something else you wanted to say?"

"That's not your problem. Now is it?" Jacob asked, pausing when he heard shuffling from the next room. "Run away, Cleo. You're good at tht."

187As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben smiled and leaned in close again. "Your breasts are lopsided." He remarked, then left Shelly standing there as he shoved his hands in his pockets and headed out into the rain.

Cleo scowled at Jacob, wanting to kick his ass more and more with every breath he took. "I'm good at staying alive, and not shot!"

188As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley was sitting in the drivers seat of her car when Ben and a now angry Shelly came into view. She didn't seem to notice the ravenous  humans that were now tryin to climb onto the hood and in through the windshield.

"Good for you." Jacob said, leaning up against the wall. "Someone give you a cookie. Better hurry. Mrs. Merritt will catch you on the boys side again and beat us both..." he mumbled, making it clear that he was becoming feverish.

189As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben burst into the car and only gave Shelly just enough time to get in before he told Haley to floor it. Little did they know it would be some time before they saw Jacob or Cleo again.

Those words cause Cleo to pause just where she stood, her pale blue eyes staring at Jacob now. That was an ancient memory; her first kiss as a child with one of the boys in the orphanage, and then being beaten for it afterwards.

190As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley didn't speak to either of them as she drove. She was thinking back to the day before and her terrible decision to ask Ben to move in with her. She was so sure he was the one. She should have listened to her sister. 

The shuffle was closer now, turning the corner into the small room where they were. "I'm up." Jacob muttered, so sure he was actually standing and yet doing nothing at all.

191As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben also regretted the decision. Apparently he was cursed, and Shelly was the dark shadow that wouldn't leave him be. He should have just given up the moment she stomped all over him, there was no need to bring Haley into all of this.

"Yeah yeah..." Cleo muttered, glancing round for something to defend them with as she heard the shuffling. "Just stand back and shut up." That was something she had often said as a child feeling the need to prove herself.

192As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

They had no sooner passed over the city line when the army arrived. Haley could see them beginning to set up a barricade.  It didn't seem to bother Shelly that they'd just left her friend behind. Of course, none of them knew that the leggy blonde would enter the ER but wouldn't leave.

Jacob swayed, unable to see the monstrous male and female that ran into the room. He was on the floor when a pair of soldiers burst into the room and told Cleo to put her hands in the air.

193As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben hadn't said much at all the whole time they were driving. He felt like the biggest monster ever. Haley was sweet and kind... So why did he keep closing his eyes and wishing Shelly had done more than kiss him in that office? It was only the sight of the military that brought him back to reality. He knew that he wouldn't be giving Shelly her best friend back. Hell... Cleo was probably already dead.

Cleo was holding tightly to a broken table leg; her only weapon. Soldiers were the last thing she had expected, in this town, least of all this situation. "Easy guys... Do I look like I want to hurt you?" She asked, seeming almost sincere.

194As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't understand why you won't tell us how our friend is." Haley said, not for the first time she'd gone up to the desk, trying to speak to the nurse about Shelly. 
It had been several hours since they'd arrived at the hospital. Shelly had started having seizures and things had gone downhill from there.
The doctors had even insisted the two of them be tested though they wouldn't tell them why.

"Put it down." One of them ordered, his gun still on her. Behind him gunfire was erupting, bodies hitting the floor in the next room.
"What's the matter with him?" The other demanded, pointing his gun at Jacob.  

195As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:36 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

No one had seemed to care that Ben was sheriff either, acting like it was an alien word that meant nothing. He was treated the same as Haley and told to basically sit down and shut up. It was several hours later and they had seen more and more people arriving with the same symptoms Shelly had been showing.

Cleo seemed reluctant to relinquish her makeshift weapon, but finally made a slow crouch to place it on the ground with no sudden movements. "He's been shot, genius." She growled, Ben had been the only exemption to Cleo's dislike of law enforcement.

196As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You know if you two were smart, you'd get out before they shut this town down too." An elderly man said as he sat down next to Ben. "Your girlfriend ain't coming back. You're stuck with your wife, my friend."

"In case you didn't notice there's a lot more than guns running around here. Is there a reason you shot him?" The one hovering over Jacob asked.

197As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben was sat with his head in his hands when the old man's words slid into his ears. "Neither of them are either of those things... I don't deserve anyone." He muttered. Ben wasn't a bad man, but the previous day had made him believe he was.

"Do you see a gun?" Cleo snapped, holding her arms out for inspection for a concealed weapon. "I didn't shoot him, the jackass got himself shot all on his own!"

198As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't be foolish, boy." The old man said, rubbing his knees. "You need to take your wife home. She's about to pass out." 

"She shot the old woman. We all laughed." Jacob said, sounding as if he were drunk. "We were beaten for it."

199As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben finally lifted his head and glanced at Haley. It wasn't fair to make her stay here. Ben still assumed this was his mess, and that Haley would be better off far away from him, after all... it seemed he couldn't forget Shelly anyway.

Cleo groaned and rolled her eyes. "You see... Asshole is drunk!" She growled, making it seem like they were a bickering man and his girlfriend.

200As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley was still arguing with the nurse, her hands on her hips. The elder woman was firm, her face set in a thin line. They were getting nowhere. 

The soldier leaned down, feeling for a pulse. He frowned. "We should send this one for testing. He's almost dead anyway."

201As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Hey..." Ben was beside Haley, resting a large hand gently against the small of her back. "How about we leave them to do what they have to and head home for a bit, huh?"

"Testing?" Cleo echoed the word and pushed the soldier away from Jacob. "For what? He's clearly been shot!"

202As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley looked up at Ben, her bright blue eyes dull with exhaustion and confusion. She was so sure he wouldn't want to leave Shelly behind. "What about...her?" She asked, hesitating to say her name.

"Back off!" The other soldier roared, his gun aimed at Cleo. "Keep your hands up and back off!"

203As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben understood Haley's meaning perfectly. "She's... a big girl." He assured her gently. "It isn't my job to be here to hold her hand... Not anymore."

Cleo wasn't moving. The young woman was still stood between Jacob and the soldier. "We haven't done anything wrong! Don't you think the shit going on out there is more important?!" She added, not knowing that what was happening was the very reason these men wanted Jacob 'testing'.

204As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:05 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley want to remind him it wasn't Shelly's hand that she'd seen him holding. But she was simply too nice for that. "Come on, you can come check on her tomorrow." She whispered.
 They passed the old man without a word, not seeing him writing down data, or making a phone call to have them followed.

The soldier simply laughed at Cleo. "You got a problem, talk to the boss when you see him." He said. The other man came up behind her and hit her on the head with the butt of his gun. Cleo would hear them laughing as they dragged the two of them to separate trucks and tossed them in.

205As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben was quiet again in the car. He hadn't yet realised that the town they had just left was now cut off from the outside world, or even that he and Haley were being followed. Bad form for a sheriff, but his mind was simply torn in two. 

The last thing Cleo had seen was many soldiers gathered outside and fires burning somewhere close by. The next thing she knew was waking up somewhere unfamiliar, common place perhaps for Shelly, but not her.

206As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley let him drive, her knees pulled up to her chest. She stared into the darkness up ahead, not caring about much of anything. All she wanted now was sleep. Maybe tomorrow would show her that this was a terrible dream.

Cleo would wake to find a scowling man towering over her. The elderly makeup he had been wearing was coming off and he was left with what looked like a bad night at a goth party. He was shaking his head as he drew another round of blood, muttering.

207As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:33 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

At the house he did everything on auto pilot. He opened the car door for Haley, walked her to their front door and let her enter first, something she always did. The pair of them probably looked like hell, covered in dust and blackened from the smoke of the fire. The first thing Ben did after closing the door was reach for his bottle of scotch and two tumblers.

Cleo's long lashes fluttered as she opened her eyes, and her body went into fight or flight mode. A strange man leaning over her in this case caused her to attempt to kick him away.

208As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley went upstairs and didn't come back down for nearly an hour. The heartbroken Buster was left to scratch at the French doors, not sure why he wasn't the center of attention. 

The man with the fading makeup didn't take kindly to being kicked. He grabbed her leg and roughly strapped it down. "Wake at last. And still among the living. Interesting." He purred.

209As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

An hour later and Ben was slumped on the couch, half the bottle of scotch gone and Buster lay at his feet. All he could think was; I should have never answered that damn phone. The sheriff threw back what was left in his glass and stumbled to the stairs. He needed to talk to Haley, even if he didn't have any words.

It was as her leg was strapped down that Cleo quickly came to realise the rest of her limbs were strapped down too. "Where the hell am I?!" She demanded hotly, continuing to struggle against her restraints.

210As the world falls down - Page 7 Empty Re: As the world falls down Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley had retreated to the shower, staying there even when the water ran cold. She stared hard at the wall, feeling as if her entire sunshine world had been torn apart. 

"You're back in your bar." The man looking at her had blue eyes that were almost glittering like a deep pool. "Isn't that what you'd like best, Cleo?" He purred.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum