The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

As the world falls down

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

1As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty As the world falls down Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Oh come on... You really expect me to believe that?" The young woman shook her head and continued to clean the glass she was holding. "So let me get this right, the guy smashed a fist clean through your window, while you were driving, and tried to take a chunk clean out of you?" She clarified, a dark eyebrow raised in amusement. "Seriously, Jackson, if that were even a little true, why are you here in my bar and not squealing to the cops like a good little citizen?"
"Cleo! Come on!" The man who had been addressed at Jackson wailed. "I'm in shock here! Some guy tries to chow down on me, and you're not even a little worried for my well being? That's cold... Even for you!"
Cleo smiled and gently set the glass down before leaning her elbows on the bar to come face to face with Jackson, the waves of her dyed silver hair slipping over her shoulders. The bar owner always wore matt red lipstick and lots of black eyeliner around her pale blue eyes. The hint of her natural hair colour was the slice of ebony in the side of her blunt cut bangs that stopped just above her eyebrows.
The young woman often did this, stared people down until they simply cracked and told her what she wanted to know. But Jackson wasn't changing his story, which bothered her more than it should.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

241As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben sighed heavily and now simply held his face in his hand. "And an asshole like you could become the monster he's always wanted to be. You're point is?" He growled.

242As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley came behind Ben, her fingers resting on his shoulders for a moment and then her head. She didn't know what was happening but she was sure it wasn't good. She was under the impression it was all because he'd lost Shelly, however. 
Eddie laughed. "I have worked hard these last several years. I've found something I love and you're being an ass about it. Does that mean the drug hasn't worn off yet? Interesting. Never mind. The point is, I wanted to tell you that I took care of the problem for you. I got rid of the thing that was tearing you apart. Now you can be free." His voice had gone from amused to serious. "Drop the sheriff job and save yourself. This thing is bigger than you seem to realize. Leave it alone, Benny. I wouldn't want to hurt your little angel. She was so kind to bring an old man some coffee."

243As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

That was when it all clicked into place. Ben lifted his head and looked back at Haley over his shoulder. His brother had been right there. Right there watching him and Haley. It was on the tip of his tongue to tell her to pack a bag, they were leaving town, but he knew he didn't have that right, not any more. "I can't just forget this, Eddie. I made a promise that I would go back for someone. As you know, I always keep my promises."

244As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"There's no one for you to save, Ben. Did you not hear me say they are all dead. Not just your lover. I planted a seed and now I am harvesting. Stay out of my way. Do you understand?" Eddie hissed.

245As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You don't know Cleo." Ben snorted. "She's like a cockroach, nothing seems to stop her, and I promised a dead woman I wouldn't just give up."

246As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Suit yourself." Edward said after another long moment of silence. "I've been nice up until now but that is going to change. I was so close I could smell her hair. That lovely scent of lavender that your angel has on her skin." He purred low in his throat. "She buys those special kinds of soaps from a store in the mall. What did she call it? Allowing herself one little indulgence? I like that. Except...I don't have one little indulgence. I get everything I want. Always."

247As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Not Haley." Ben breathed, though though she was right there at his shoulder. "Never her." He vowed. "The world may have gone to shit, but you'll never have Haley, I promise you that."

248As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You burned the bridge with her,  Ben. She's ripe for the picking. You can't stop me. You never could. I've called movers for you by the way. They'll be arriving any minute. You can thank me later." Edward purred, dropping the call before his brother could say more.

249As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben glanced to the window and heard the sound of trucks at the end of the street. "Haley... I know I shouldn't be asking this of you... But I need you to trust me and grab whatever you can in the next two minutes. We need to leave, I promise I will explain on the way out!" He breathed, on his feet and turning to grab Haley gently by the shoulders, gentle green eyes pleading with her.

250As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley was extremely confused but she managed a nod. "Will we come back?" She asked. Turning she began trying to put away things from breakfast.

251As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:01 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I... I don't know." Ben confessed as he moved around the living room picking up different gun's that he had hidden. "I just know it isn't safe here. The brother I never told you about... He wants you."

252As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley laughed at this, pulling down a coffee can from the shelf. "Don't be silly, Ben. Nobody wants someone like me." 

Edward was on. His phone again, giving an order that would make it clear his intentions toward his brother. He was still watching Cleo, waiting for the moment when she gave in to blessed darkness.

253As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben was stood watching Haley now, and he certainly wasn't laughing. "Edward is rotten to the core, our mother's favourite son. She always admired his drive... and how he got whatever he wanted, and right now honey... He wants you. He spoke to you at the hospital last night, and has trucks outside right now to try and steal you away."

Edward would have to wait more than an hour before fatigue finally had Cleo slumped like a lifeless doll on the floor of her cell. This was only after she had tried to destroy the few pieces of furniture in there with her first.

254As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Buster had already heard the trucks and was headed to the door when the shot shattered the large front window. The dog exploded on impact. Haley could do nothing but scream. 

Once asleep Edward picked up Cleo and returned her to the table. He wasn't sure why this woman fought as hard as she did. He'd read her files. She had nothing to fight for.

255As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben threw Haley to the ground and covered her with his own much larger frame. The sheriff waited a few seconds to make sure nothing else was coming through the window before he got back to his feet and hauled Haley to hers. "We're going to run out the back, and you're not going to stop until you reach the library over on King street, got it?"

Edward would come to realise that was exactly the reason why Cleo fought so hard... What else did she have to do?

256As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley could barely nod her head but she managed. The truck had stopped and men were getting out. More than a moving company needed.

Edward sat watching her for what seemed like hours until he finally realized he had other things that needed to get done. This was what he'd been working for. He couldn't quit now because of interest in one girl.

257As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben practically threw Haley at the back door just as gas started to fill their home. The sheriff was beginning to feel like he was lost in some alternate world. He had chosen the library not just for it's close proximity, but he hope that wouldn't be the first place his brother would send his men to look for them.

"What are you going to do to me?" Cleo asked when she saw Edward walk to the door, proving she had been awake without him realising.

258As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley was not handling the loss of home or pet very well at all. They hadn't gone far when her home exploded,  sending all her belongings showering the town they lived in. She sat in the library at that moment, tears streaking down her cheeks as she stared at the wall.

"What does it matter?" He asked her, his long fingers on the doorknob. "You're going to die in the end. What does it matter what happens in the mean time?"

259As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben was pacing, something he often did while thinking. He just knew that Edward had something to do with what happened in the other town, he wasn't the type for search and rescue. It left him with the awful feeling that the trouble may follow there here too if he didn't get Haley far away. "Hales..." He sat down in front of her now, a large hand resting gently on her knee. "I know this is hard, but we have to keep moving."

"I'd like to know if I should be fearing my eventual demise... or looking forward to it." Cleo told Edward's back.

260As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley shook her head. "You go. I'm going to stay here for awhile." She whispered, trying harder than ever to draw into herself. "Ali told me to stay away from everyone. Why didn't I listen?"

Edward couldn't help the wicked smile that passed over his lips as he turned his head back to her. "I'll leave that one for you to decide, lovely. You can tell me when we reach that point."

261As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I wish you had listened too..." Ben agreed sadly. "But honey... Staying here will mean my brother will eventually find you. Believe me, that isn't something you want. We just need to hide you until he find some new infatuation."

Cleo was off the table with surprising speed and quickly had Edward slammed with his back against the door. Her reasons for tearing the room apart hadn't been exactly pointless, the small woman now had a sharp piece of metal she had torn from the leg of the table pressed to her captors throat. "If you know as much as you think you do... Then you'll realise I really don't care if I have to kill you."

262As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:47 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I need to call my family...let them know I'm okay." Haley said woodenly. She felt like she hadn't slept in years. Her body was aching and her head hurt. "I can't just leave, Ben."

Edward's bottomless pit eyes glittered, his grin widening. Then, oddly enough, he began to laugh. He didn't even try to push her away. He didn't seem to realize the danger to his life. He simply laughed.

263As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:41 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben was nodding his head. "I understand... but not yet." He breathed. "Not until I can promise them you're safe."

The laughter only enraged the silver haired woman before Edward, and she jabbed the metal into his ribs. It wasn't long enough to cause any serious damage, but there was still blood. "Let me go, you son of a bitch!"

264As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley finally nodded. On the floor below them, the "movers" had burst in the door and began to shoot at the patrons reading their books. The quiet place wasn't quiet anymore. 

"I hate the sight of my own blood." Edward hissed in her ear. He grabbed a handful of Cleo's hair and jeered her head back. "Figure it out, girl. You're going to die. You just haven't figured it out yer."

265As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Once more Ben was taking Haley by the hand and dragging her along. "We can't contact your family, not if you want them to stay safe." He breathed as they burst through the door and into the basement. "I know you're not going to love it... But we may have to drop into the sewer." Ben added, still trying to understand how these 'movers' were finding them so quickly.

"You figure it out..." Cleo snarled. "I don't care if I die! Apparently you do, else I would be dead already!"

266As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley slammed into Ben's back as he reached a stopping point. The basement darkness was so thick it was almost tangible.  She was still trying to wrap her head around what was happening.

"You are nothing but expiramental material to me." Edward hissed, giving her head a violent shake. "When I am done seeing what makes you tick I will throw you out with the trash. Just like I did your friend and the boy you used to love in the foster home."

267As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Haley..." Ben had been doing quite a bit of thinking. "Last night, at the hospital... Did that old man you were talking to give you anything? Or touch you at all?"

That was enough to force Cleo to falter slightly. Deep down she had known who Jacob was, she simply hadn't wanted to admit it. "I've never loved anyone." She told Edward firmly.

268As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley nodded. "He gave me a mint but I didn't eat it. I just put it in my pocket." She looked down at the jeans she was wearing, they were the same from the night before. She hadn't had a chance to get anything clean.

"Whatever you say." Eddie snorted. "Love is a selling point. A way to sell chocolate." Still holding her by the hair he dragged her forward and then slammed her onto the table. "There is no real emotion except anger and hate. The others are just pretend.

269As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben wasted no time in fishing into Haley's pocket and finding the mint. The sheriff crushed it in his hand to reveal the tiny chip inside of it. "Didn't anyone every tell you not to take candy from strangers?" He asked with the ghost of a smile.

Cleo was kicking her slender legs again, hating this feeling of helplessness that being here brought her. "Don't you worry, i've got plenty of fucking hate for you, asshole!"

270As the world falls down - Page 9 Empty Re: As the world falls down Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:08 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Haley wanted to ask how someone could be so mean but she knew the answer. She'd learned more than she wanted to in Cleo's bar. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I just thought he was being kind." 

"Join a support group, honey. There are so many that hate me it would make your head spin." Edward purred. "Come on now, honey. You have to stop fighting so hard. What are you gaining from it?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum