The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

As the world falls down

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

1As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty As the world falls down Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Oh come on... You really expect me to believe that?" The young woman shook her head and continued to clean the glass she was holding. "So let me get this right, the guy smashed a fist clean through your window, while you were driving, and tried to take a chunk clean out of you?" She clarified, a dark eyebrow raised in amusement. "Seriously, Jackson, if that were even a little true, why are you here in my bar and not squealing to the cops like a good little citizen?"
"Cleo! Come on!" The man who had been addressed at Jackson wailed. "I'm in shock here! Some guy tries to chow down on me, and you're not even a little worried for my well being? That's cold... Even for you!"
Cleo smiled and gently set the glass down before leaning her elbows on the bar to come face to face with Jackson, the waves of her dyed silver hair slipping over her shoulders. The bar owner always wore matt red lipstick and lots of black eyeliner around her pale blue eyes. The hint of her natural hair colour was the slice of ebony in the side of her blunt cut bangs that stopped just above her eyebrows.
The young woman often did this, stared people down until they simply cracked and told her what she wanted to know. But Jackson wasn't changing his story, which bothered her more than it should.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

31As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Not all of us have the practice with countless partners you do, Shelly." Ben growled, proving that even after all this time, what she had done had hurt him.

Cleo had meanwhile pried the window open and was dragging her desk over to it. The window was small, but then so was she. If she flattened down the fleshier parts of her body, squeezing through she be no problem. Cleo hadn't talked her plan over with Ben and Shelly, but the idea was that she was going to create a distraction and they were going to leave out the back door.

32As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:49 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly said nothing as she fought to use paper towels to crack her nose back into place. She'd done it many times and there was no real use fighting with Ben when he was right. But he didn't understand. Not everyone was able to find the good people like him. Some of them were stuck with Elvis Ray types. Rednecks, her mother called them. And she was one of them. 

Jacob tumbled in the window the moment it opened from the other side and he landed hard on the ground. He said the worst word he could think of, his lips burning. The blood was already pouring out from his wound.

33As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

There was a whole lot more Ben could have said to Shelly right then, but he was prevent by the sudden crash and cursing of two separate people.
Cleo had landed on her back next to Jacob as he had crashed through the window, all the air knocked from her lungs and leaving her gasping rather painfully for a moment.

34As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Watch where you're going!" Jacob roared as Elvis Ray once again found another entrance into the place where his former girlfriend was.

35As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That's not something you say when you're peeping through peoples windows, asshole!" Cleo growled once she was able. "Ben, get Shelly out the back door, I'll try and keep Elvis Ray contained until you're out!"
"Are you insane?!" Ben hissed. "I am not leaving you alone in this, Cleo!" The sheriff insisted as he fired a few shots at their attacker, only to quickly come to the same conclusion Cleo had earlier.

36As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:28 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't need his help with Elvis Ray." Shelly snapped, moving just as the redneck biker made a grab for her."he can't zip his damn fly."

Jacob grunted,the angry man as he launched himself at the silver haired woman. He was able to fell the man but not before slipping in his own blood. He cursed again, now dealing with gnashing teeth.

37As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:19 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Oh really? Then why call me in the middle of the night crying about him giving you hell?!" Ben growled, now looking around for something to club their attacker with, as his gun clearly wasn't working.

Cleo stomped a foot down on the rabid man's chest and repeatedly smashed him in the face with her bat. It felt good simply because of who this was. She had seen the things Elvis Ray had done to her friend even before eh became whatever this creature was.

38As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't know why I bothered." Shelly said softly. The soft sounds of his gasps as he tried to catch his breath to answer were still a little raw for her. "Besides, Cleo's clearly got this." 
The enormous biker, still bleeding profusely from a gunshot wound was now standing next to Ben. His dark eyes were narrowed as he watched the silver haired woman. "What the hell is wrong with you people?" He growled. Not that he hadn't killed a man himself a few hours earlier.

39As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cleo's pale blue eyes narrowed at the stranger as her head shot up, it was a look Shelly knew only too well. "You. Get the hell out of my bar!" She commanded, pointing her blood covered bat at him in an all too threatening manner.
Ben wasn't intervening, he knew the kind of temper the silver haired woman had, and whether he knew it or not, he was actually placing himself between this stranger and Shelly, still wanting to protect her.

40As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You're kidding, right?" Jacob snorted, stepping forward to tower over her. "In case you didn't notice, girlie, you can't order me around just cause you're holding a bat." He pulled his gun out of the back of his pants and pointed it at her though his hand shook ever so slightly. 

Shelly scowled as Ben stepped in front of her and slapped him on the back. "You're supposed to protect her." She hissed. "You have a gun too."

41As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Shelly would know how Cleo reacted to being threatened. The blood smeared bat was quickly swung roughly into Jacob's privates before she used it to smack into the arm she saw that was shaking. "Tell me again what a big tough man you are." She sneered.

"Uh..." Ben was still standing there, having not been quick enough to stop what Cleo had done. "Shelly... maybe you had better talk to her?"

42As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Jacob was already hurt from the gunshot. The bat to his privates didn't help. The one to his arm didn't make it better. He went down like a stone. He simply lay there, glaring up at the tiny woman who dared to best him. He'd killed a man for less. 

"Are you nuts?" Shelly hissed. "Do you see the color of her eyes? I'm not about to get hit with that bat putting my foot in my mouth."

43As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cleo was looking down at the man she had just put on his back and shook her head. "Usually I'd say all balls no brains, but looks like you don't have either." She sneered, kicking the gun away from his reach.

Ben almost seemed to be backing up, an odd thing for a cop when the assailant was no more than a tiny woman. "We need to get out of here." He breathed. "I don't know what's going on, but it can't be good."

44As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Fuck you, Cleo." Jacob muttered, resting a large hand on the wound on his stomach. "You can kiss my ass." His own dark eyes never left her, even as his gun skittered across the floor. 

"You are such a chicken shit." Shelly muttered, slapping him on the back and stepping out to pick up the other gun. Elvis Ray it seemed wasn't quite done. With a loud groan he rolled over and dragged himself toward her, his hand once again getting a bruising grip on her ankle.

45As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Sorry, I've already kicked it." Cleo replied with a saccharine sweet smile.

Ben managed to catch Shelly before she could hit the ground this time, he was pulling as hard as he could while yelling at Cleo. "Don't just stand there gloating, finish him!"

46As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Jacob turned on stomach, roaring in pain. With one leg he kicked Cleo to the ground, with his free leg he kicked at Elvis Ray until the man let go of the little blonde. Both women out of the way he grabbed for his gun. He put bullets into the redneck's head.

47As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:33 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Cleo herself had already put several shots Elvis Ray, and so had Ben. It seemed it only took several more from Jacob to silence him. When the grip on Shelly's ankle had been released she and Ben went stumbling backwards out the tiny office and landed on the floor of the bar.
Cleo meanwhile was picking herself up again and quickly trying to locate her own weapon.

48As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly landed on top of Ben. It took her a long moment to realize exactly where she was. When she did she slapped him hard as if it were all his fault. 

Jacob was on his feet in a second, his gun pointed at Cleo's head. "Don't think about it, honey." He hissed. "You're pissing me off."

49As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben groaned, both from Shelly's reaction, and the fact he had landed hard on his back all to keep her from landing on the hard floor. "You're welcome." He muttered.

Cleo was watching the large man before her from beneath her dark lashes. "You're not from around here, are you?" she asked with a smile Jacob wouldn't quite understand.

50As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You shouldn't have come back." Shelly said,  looking toward the front of the bar. There were so many faves pressed against the windows. So many of her neighbors that no longer looked normal. "You should have stayed in bed. With her." 

"What gave it away, babe?" Jacob grunted. He held a hand to his stomach, blood bubbling past his fingers. "Don't try it," he hissed, watching her fingers twitch.

51As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Don't play the jealousy card with me now, Shelly." Ben replied, finishing what Cleo had started by creating a barricade of all the tables in the bar against the front windows. "You don't have that right, not after what you did."

"If you were, you wouldn't be pointing that gun at me." Cleo replied. "Around here, guys beg to be dragged to the drunk tank rather than start shit in my bar." She added, watching the blood slipping past Jacob's fingers.

52As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly said nothing. She busied herself with looking for things to board the windows with. 
He was right, after all. She'd betrayed him in the worst way. They'd been dating for nearly a year when he'd begun the marriage talk. He came to her one night with roses and the keys to a new home tied in the bow. A home with a white picket fence and a dog. One where a girl like her didn't belong. Then, a week later, in front of everyone he'd gotten down on his knee and asked her to be his wife. She'd laughed at him. She'd gone over to Elvis Ray and stuck her tongue down his throat. She informed Ben that he'd better find him a girl that didn't like it so hard and fast. Shed done the same with two more bikers in the bar. She'd never seen a man so broken. The memory alone still made her sick. 
"Cleo has a key under that one for the liquor. We could make moltovs..." Shelly said after a painfully long moment.

"I don't beg for nothing, honey." Jacob growled. "Now, why don't you tell me what that poor bastard did to deserve what happened to him." He still kept his fingers pressed to his stomach and his distance from Cleo. He was no fool.

53As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben nodded, wishing it didn't have to be this bar they were barricading themselves into. So many memories here, yes his worst memory was here, but he had fond ones too. This was where he and Shelly had always come, and he often wondered if maybe it was his fault. Had he taken her somewhere nicer, would she had maybe stomped on his heart a little less? Ben was still thinking about this as he started looking for paper to stuff into the bottles.

"Who says he did anything?" Cleo asked with another sweet smile. Her hands were tucked behind her, discretely trying to pull free the switchblade in the back pocket of her jeans. There was one thing this town taught girls like Cleo and Shelly; and it was always be prepared to save yourself, because no one else will.

54As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly began fumbling for a lighter. She was glad to find one in the stash where she kept her things to bartend. "You shouldn't have come." She said again. "She was probably a nice girl." She added, setting the lighter on the bar.

"You pull that out and I'll take out your brain." Jacob snarled.

55As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:55 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You shouldn't have called." Ben countered. "You really thought I'd take a call that ended with you not answering me and gunshots in the background without checking on the both of you?" He added. "I guess you really never knew me at all."

"Sp you're really doing this? The town is going to shit, and you're going to stand there pointing your little peashooter at me all night?" Cleo snorted, letting her hands drop to her sides. This probably wasn't how things usually went when Jacob held young women at gunpoint.

56As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I thought we'd already figured that one out." Shelly said as she blew a breath of flame into the air. "I don't know why you ever thought I'd be something worth your time, cowboy." She muttered, dumping a shot glass on the counter. 

"Give me the money on your safe and I'll change my mind." Jacob snaped, swaying ever so slightly. "I don't have time for this. I have places to be, babe."

57As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Idiotic need to try and save someone I thought was crying for help, I guess." Ben snorted, lining up as many bottles as he could find.

Cleo actually laughed at the tall man pointing the gun at her. "Then shoot me and crack open the safe yourself." She snorted, noticing the swaying was getting more prominent now.

58As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Shelly poured a shot and pushed it toward him. "You never really knew me, did you?" She asked, topping back her own drink. "Just because you met me when you were taking a statement after Elvis Ray beat me up dosent mean I needed help."

"Why waste energy when your pretty head has everything in it I need?" Jacob growled, shoving the fingers of his free hand through his dark hair. "Get it done. Before you end up like Elvis there."

59As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ben didn't answer for the longest time, not simply because he downed the shot Shelly gave him. "I guess some women just enjoy the abuse." He snorted, though now he couldn't seem to look at Shelly.

Cleo made it seem like she was genuinely thinking it over before she finally moved. She looked to be walking to the safe, but made sure to bump into Jacob as she passed.

60As the world falls down - Page 2 Empty Re: As the world falls down Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Or maybe it's just that we don't deserve better." Shelly muttered, jumping when a young boy hit the front window hard enough to crack it.

Jacob groaned loudly, the tiny woman's shoulder hitting his wound. More blood gushed out from his fingers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum