The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning of the end

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 21]

1Beginning of the end Empty Beginning of the end Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

No one can recall dates any longer. Help was coming, they had promised. Who wouldn't believe the promise made to by the brightest minds of the time to the richest families of the time? It had been long enough now that the original citizens of Rapture now had young adult grandchildren. The city had been built just for them. Their lavish playground, or so they liked to believe. It was many years now since anything had been truly 'lavish', it was only as the joy now made them see it; glorious and delightfully decadent.

Some families considered themselves better than others, and rightly so. Few had the money and the power, while the many lived in squalor. One of these families were the Jansen's. The eldest son had two beautiful daughters, who in the society they had left would no doubt have been attendees of many parties and balls, all for the purpose of finding a husband. As it stood, the youngest girl seemed the most adept at wearing her mask. By day she was the spoiled little princess she was supposed to be, making fun of the lower classes and generally being a horrible person. But as night fell and her joy pill began to wear off... She often thought of life outside her parent's massive apartment, of life in the 'workers' levels of the city. Anika Jansen would fall asleep troubled by the things her imagination thought up. It was this particular night that she had finally plucked up the courage to slip out of her parent's home, though of course she would stand out a mile in her expensive clothing and perfect make up.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

2Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The lower classes didn't even bother with taking the so called joy pill anymore. Now that they had seen what was really hidden beneath it all there was simply nothing to be happy about. Elliott Pitcher couldn't remember the last time he'd seen anything beautiful. So seeing this strange woman walking down the alley, he knew she was not seeing what he did. He wondered what she saw when she looked at him.

3Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika saw nothing out of the ordinary, given she dutifully took her joy every day like she was supposed to. The young woman was walking with a cautious spring in her step, wondering why her family forbade her and her sister from coming down here. Everything was just lovely. Bright violet eyes were watching everything carefully, looking for some sign that this was a place she should fear. Those violet eyes were a mutation some of the upperclass had been born with, thanks to their joy pills. Anika didn't think her flowing dress or jeweled necklace would be anything to draw attention, given she had only ever seen people who looked as rich as she did.

4Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You know..." Elliot purred, falling into cheerful step behind her. "You're in the wrong place to be wearing all that shiny stuff. People around here have...sticky fingers, you know." Elliott'a dark hair fell into ice colored eyes that his own people barely noticed. They weren't beautiful to them.

Victoria saw her sister leave. As the elder, she felt it was her place to take care of the wandering chit. Unlike her sister she never wondered what was beyond their gate. It never struck her as odd that they never left or that the people outside didn't always look as happy as the ones inside

5Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:07 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika stopped and spun around, her violet eyes wide as she looked up at Elliott. "Why? What could make someone's fingers so sticky?" She asked innocently, her head cocked to the side slightly as she looked this young man over.

"You think it wise to be so far from home?" An upper class voice sniffed as it's owner fell into step with Victoria. "I would think you would be doing everything to keep your father happy." He added, adjusting his own well tailored jacket. "And to distance yourself form your disobedient sister."

6Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:03 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Elliot smiled though truthfully there was nothing to it but darkness. "Why are you here, honey?" He asked, holding up her necklace in his long fingers. 

Victoria snorted and waved a hand at the man. She held her place and status well. "I will handle my sister, thank you very much. Mind your business, sir." She said firmly.

7Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika's dark lashes almost touched her pale cheeks as she lowered her gaze to the fingers holding the pendant that contained several of her joy pills. "Why are you?" She countered, not making it clear if it was bravery, or naivety that didn't have her running from this stranger.

"Tori, don't be like that." The young man pouted. Victoria and her sister were both well sort after within their high class world, for their status more than their beauty. However, Sebastian had always made his desire for the elder sister rather obvious.

8Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Unlike you rich girls, this is where the...people like me are forced to stay." Elliot told her. He turned the pendant over and over in his long fingers, his icy eyes taking in everything about it. "I answered yours now you answer mine."

"It 's Victoria;" the tall raven haired woman,  said firmly. "I'm afraid I don't have time to talk right now. Im trying to keep my sister out of trouble." She held her chin high and kept her eyes ahead of her.

9Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:56 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Do I need your permission to be here?" Anika asked, her violet eyes still watching Elliott curiously. Her father had despaired when Anika turned her nose up to every 'rich boy' who showed an interest. Of course, he couldn't allow his youngest to marry before her elegant elder sister, but it didn't mean he hadn't been vetting every young man who came calling. "Why do you care what I am doing here?" She added, a delicate manicured hand reaching out to touch Elliott, as though wondering if he was even real.

"Is it really your job to keep the wayward chit safe?" Sebastian asked, still walking with Victoria. "Perhaps a little trouble would teach her a little humility." He added, honey coloured eyes dancing at the thought of Anika in trouble. Sebastian's family were not quite as rich as Victoria's, in fact they were considered barely members of the upper class, hanging on by their fingernails. It was partially this reason Sebastian's father encouraged his apparent obsession with Victoria, despite knowing her father would never bless a union.

10Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Did you know that you are heading toward the river?" Elliot asked her. "You could see more clearly without these joy pills." 

Victoria had no interest in him either. She was put out with him alway putting her sister diwn. "Have a nice day, Sebastian." ?

11Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"River? Here?" Anika scoffed. "And what would you know of joy, anyway?"

"She can't learn if you're always there to catch her, Tori." Sebastian warned. "Is that what you want for her?"

12Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That stuff keeps you asleep. It keeps you from seeing your future and...him. You are missing so much, little one. You have no idea." 

"My sister needs me. I'm not giving up on her. You can be on your way!" Victoria barked. She waved him off and marched toward the river, hoping her sister had again gone there to stare into the strange waters.

13Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika suddenly pulled away, even taking a step back. She didn't like those words, they sounded much too much like what her grandmother had often said to her. The young woman's slender fingers were suddenly curled around her pendant, her smooth brow creased into a frown as she watched Elliott. "These pills are keeping me from sickness." She corrected firmly. Her parents had told her she must always take her 'joy', unless she wished to get sick.

"What do you suppose she sees there?" Sebastian asked as he saw the direction Victoria was heading. "I've seen her, the disturbing way she stares into nothing, I've even overheard her conversing with someone who isn't even there! Wake up, Victoria, your sister is sick!"

14Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:48 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What does the man in the river say? The one with the golden eyes? You're starting to hear him better, aren't you." It wasn't a question. He still had the pendant, swinging it back and forth as he spoke. 

"Goblin king take you!" Victoria shouted, once again pausing in the street. People were beginning to stare. What she'd just said...it was enough to get her arrested.

15Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika was watching the pendant, not the man holding it. She couldn't help herself, and was finding it harder to keep her eyes open and deny what he was saying to her. "I am his Queen... He can wait no longer for me..." She murmured.

Sebastian was frozen where he stood, as though waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, he slowly backed away from Victoria. "I hope he does take your sister, she is a curse on us all!" He wasn't to know that the king's minions were simply waiting for the moment he stepped in a shadow.

16Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Elliot smiled, the pendant glowing a royal purple in his fingers. "You know that he can offer you so much more than human pills. That's why you don't take them as you should." He stepped closer, daring to reach out and touch her hair with his free hand. "So lovely. You smell like sweet lilacs and sour cherries. My favorites." Elliot sighed, stepping back at the inner reminder that such a stunning creature would never be his. She was a queen. His king had foreseen it, her violet eyes confirmed it.

It was as if the world had stopped for a moment and then started again. People walked past Victoria as if she hadn't said anything at all. The raven haired girl gave a shaky sigh of relief and closed her eyes. It wasn't like her to lose her head. She shouldn't do it again. She was to be the one that carried the family even while creating her own. She had so much on her shoulders, she couldn't afford to lose herself even for a moment.

17Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:03 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika blinked slowly, aware that fingers had just brushed the raven hair she shared with her sister. "Everything is wrong..." She breathed, holding a hand to her chest as though she struggled to breathe. "I shouldn't be here... He's waiting!" It seemed to magic pull was growing stronger the longer Elliott kept her focused on the swinging pendant.

No one even seemed to realise Sebastian had ever even been there at all. Apparently this happened a lot, especially around the Jansen sisters; people suddenly disappearing. There were those who claimed their beauty was in fact a curse.

18Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Indeed. All you have to do is take my hand. I will take you to him." Elliot breathed. "No more pretend joy. You will see it all as it truly is."
"Anika!" Victoria saw her sister standing with the strange man. Bad part was they were on the far side of the square. She'd never make it in time.

19Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika was still swaying slightly, under some kind of spell it almost seemed. It happened too quickly for anyone to have stopped it. The younger sister placed her hand in the one Elliott offered to her, the world around them seeming to distort as he led her out of the square and to the river she had been so transfixed with. Word would spread quickly that Anika had thrown herself into it's waters, a lifeless body washing up further downstream.

20Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:26 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Victoria ran after them, catching the young man as he disappeared into the water. She grabbed for his ornate jacket, catching the tail as a wave of darkness swept over her as well.

Elliot frowned when he realized he'd brought both girls back with him. The King was going to have his head. No matter, the elder girl was expendable. No would even know she'd come here. 

21Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Wherever they had ended up, Anika was groaning quietly, the spell on her seeming to fade as she attempted to dust down the long layers of her dress. It didn't even occur to her that she should have been dripping wet.

22Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Elliot stood up, dusting off his suit jacket. His skin was no longer the tanned pink of a human. It was a light green of his people. He turned to help Anika to her feet,  his eyes on her face. "Welcome home, my lady." He said softly.

Victoria woke up in a garden, in the midst of red roses no less. Roses were her favorite. She groaned as she sat up, doing her best to avoid the thorns. She was alone. It seemed to be the story of her life.

23Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika took a step back, trying to understand what had happened. "Who are you?" She breathed, her hands clutched defensively to her chest as her violet eyes darted about, taking in her new surroundings.

"Master wont like that." A distinctly female, and somewhat elderly voice remarked. "Lying on the Queen's roses? Nope, not one bit."

24Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My name is Elliot Jester. Personal guard and jester to he king when he is bored. I am a goblin." He took care to bow to her, his hand on his chest. "I am so glad we found you. If your grandmother hadn't given you the pendant... his majesty would never have been able to link his thoughts to yours." 

"Excuse me?" Victoria was furiously pushing hair out of her eyes, watching rose petals flutter around her. She felt terrible for destroying them. "Who...where...what queen?"  So many questions, she hardly knew where to start.

25Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:21 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika's violet eyes were wide as she stared down at the pendant that was now hidden beneath her slender hand. Her grandmother had made her promise never to take it of, and most certainly never to lose it. Right then all she wanted to do was toss the damn thing as far as she could. "NO!" She shouted. "Goblins are not real, they are just a story my grandmother used to amuse me! There is no king, and there is no court!"

The old woman's head poked up out of the roses, revealing weathered skin that looked like centuries old leather. "Lady Anika, of course." She replied, as though the Queen's identity were common knowledge. "His majesty has been planning for her arrival for nearly twenty years now!"

26Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Then explain my skin. Did you miss the horns?" He asked, tapping on the ornate rams horn antlers that had replaced his hair. "The king will be here soon. You can feel his excitement. Then you can tell him he's not real."

Victoria couldn't help but roll her eyes. It didn't surprise her that yet another person was going to cater to her sister. Even her parents had. They always groomed her like a little doll, telling her she was lovely enough to be queen. Victoria herself had simply been told she was to watch over her until it was time for her to become some silly man's wife." She ignored the ancient woman as she stood up and brushed off her dress. "Your king will be disappointed to learn that Anika hates roses." She muttered.

27Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika was shaking her head slowly as she backed away. "I hit my head... That's all... Tori will find me any minute and take me home." She breathed, apparently accustomed to the fact her big sister was always one step behind her. When a moment passed and there was nothing, Anika simply turned to flee from the 'goblin'.

"Oh..." The old woman seemed rather disappointed by this. "His majesty said he could smell roses whenever he thought of his Queen." She confessed, not to know that night blooming jasmine were in fact Anika's flora of choice, having filled their garden at home with the tiny flowers.

28Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Where are you going?" Elliot asked her. "Your sister won't find you. She didn't follow you here." He lied, certain he was going to have to find the other girl and kill her now. "You have only the king. You need only the king. No more of those silly pills, family. Only...us...him..." 

"His majesty is a bit touched in the head." Vitoria said softly, reaching for her own pendant. She needed more joy. Things like this only happened when she was becoming down. Seeing the blinking eyes in the shadows wasn't helping anything.

29Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Well I don't want you! Or him! I want my sister!" Anika shouted childishly, though she continued to run. Her dark hair whipped out behind her as she ran straight into the gnarled looking trees around them.

"Hush, child! It's lesser words than those that have given his majesty cause to rip a woman's tongue out!" The old woman hissed. There were few females who were pure as the one stood before her, so the beauty was enough to distract from the approach of the king himself.
"And who should I be tossing in a hole in the ground for daring to trample my Queen's rose garden?" A voice as alluring as fine silk purred.

30Beginning of the end Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Elliot sighed heavily. He was so sure her parents had groomed her better than this. She should have known and been more comfortable with this. It should have been easy for her to accept.

Victoria tipped her head up, her fingers still resting on the joy pill she'd taken out of her necklace. "Your rose garden is in a terrible place, sir." She told him firmly. "Where ever this place is..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 21]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum