Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning of the end

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 21]

1 Beginning of the end on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

No one can recall dates any longer. Help was coming, they had promised. Who wouldn't believe the promise made to by the brightest minds of the time to the richest families of the time? It had been long enough now that the original citizens of Rapture now had young adult grandchildren. The city had been built just for them. Their lavish playground, or so they liked to believe. It was many years now since anything had been truly 'lavish', it was only as the joy now made them see it; glorious and delightfully decadent.

Some families considered themselves better than others, and rightly so. Few had the money and the power, while the many lived in squalor. One of these families were the Jansen's. The eldest son had two beautiful daughters, who in the society they had left would no doubt have been attendees of many parties and balls, all for the purpose of finding a husband. As it stood, the youngest girl seemed the most adept at wearing her mask. By day she was the spoiled little princess she was supposed to be, making fun of the lower classes and generally being a horrible person. But as night fell and her joy pill began to wear off... She often thought of life outside her parent's massive apartment, of life in the 'workers' levels of the city. Anika Jansen would fall asleep troubled by the things her imagination thought up. It was this particular night that she had finally plucked up the courage to slip out of her parent's home, though of course she would stand out a mile in her expensive clothing and perfect make up.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

121 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:35 pm

The king was grinning wolfishly at Anika as he locked the door again, thinking he was punishing her for refusing him the previous night.
As it was, the younger girl wasn't even looking at him, she had her face buried in her knees, truly unable to fathom what had changed since she fell asleep.
"Are you certain I can't interest you in some food? You are looking a little... what si the human term; worse for wear?" The king asked as he and Victoria walked.

122 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Elliot waited until the king was gone before he appeared in the cell, food in his hands. "I don't quite understand what's gotten into my master but...I am sorry." He said gently, holding out the tray with one hand and removing a spider from her hair with the other. "I thought I was bringing you here to a better life." 

"Unless you want it all over that ornate robe you're wearing, it's best I don't." Victoria said without looking at him. "Why are you so concerned? After putting us in that icy cell it doesn't seem to me that you would be bothered with my state of...wear..."

View user profile

123 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Anika was visibly trembling by the time Elliott arrived, her violet eyes red rimmed from crying while her chest hurt with the rate at which her heart beat. The fear of the things crawling on her was evidently a little too much for the 'pampered princess'. "I don't know what happened!" She sobbed. "Tori was in the bathroom when I came back here last night, so I went straight to bed... When I woke up we were here!"

"You sister is the one who was deserving of that cell, not you." The king informed Victoria. "I must apologise for you unfortunately being put there as well."

124 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Elliot sat down beside her, holding out the warm coffee. "Your sister was in there with the king. She pretended to be you and...things got heated. She ended up pushing him into the water and pissed him off. That's why you're here. He thinks you did this. It took forever for the cook and myself to calm him down last night." 

Victoria closed her eyes, wishing she'd just confessed who she was from the beginning. Her sister was suffering because of her. Their grandmother would have been ashamed. "What did she do to deserve such a cruel fate, sir?" She asked after a moment, trying to figure out exactly what part of their meeting had turned malicious. She'd done nothing to intentionally hurt him. Pushing him in the water had been an accident. Not that she could really tell him that.

View user profile

125 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Anika took the coffee, though the cup shook as she wrapped her slender fingers around it. "Heated?" She asked, innocent eyes looking up at Elliott. "They have been shouting at each other since we got here, why should it matter if he thought I was the one arguing with him?" She asked, completely misunderstanding.

"That isn't really something I wish to discuss." The king replied, almost like he were ashamed. "You are the one I am wishing to speak with now, let us forget my bride for a moment."

126 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:09 pm

"He thought it was you in the bath and he wanted to get to know you better. One thing led to another he said and they began to kiss. He has been waiting for you so long and the scent of roses was so overwhelming he couldn't control himself." Elliot told her. "But when he whispered your name, you..." He paused, a smirk possessing his lips. "Your sister pushed him into the bath. He lost his temper." 

"She is the reason we are even speaking." Victoria reminded him. "Once the two of you are wed, we will never cross paths again. There is no sense in forgetting about her." She paused, her world beginning to spin. When was the last time she'd taken her joy? She had more but...She reached up to her pendant only to find it gone.

View user profile

127 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Anika's violet eyes grew saucer wide as she thought of her sister doing such a thing. "Victoria... and the king?" She breathed, hanging on every word Elliott said. "So... the only reason they never went any further, was simply because she didn't want him saying my name?" She asked, wondering if she should be jealous or not. As it stood, Anika wanted her sister to find someone, and was actually happy for that someone to be the goblin king, if he made her happy.

The king smiled, elegant fingers stroking the pendant that now hung against his own chest. "What's the matter?" He asked innocently, an arm around Victoria's waist now to steady her as she lost her balance.

128 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:20 pm

"Would you want your lover calling out your sister's name?" Elliot asked, laughing softly. "I had an idea that was happening. I wasn't about to tell him that you were gathering petals with me during that time." He tapped the plate he held out to her. "You'd better hurry and eat. He'll have both our heads if he knows I fed you." 

Victoria placed her hands against the king's chest, trying to regain her sense of self. She'd have to backtrack and find her pendant. That joy was the only thing keeping her sane. Her grandmother had often told her that. "I'm not feeling well." She answered finally, hating to admit it. "It's the headaches. They always make me unsteady."

View user profile

129 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:23 pm

"But if she was pretending to be me, should she not have cared?" Anika replied, picking up a sandwich and sniffing it. "I would like nothing more than for the two of them to fall in love."

"I told you, I can have any one of mystics make you well again." The king assured Victoria. "Without the need for mind altering drugs." He added, though he had done little more than breathe the words against her ear.

130 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm

"I poisoned it." Elliot said with a soft laugh. "With peanut butter and strawberry jam. Isn't that what humans eat?" He shook his head. "And you're joking right? Those two have been at each other's throats. They would kill each other if they were together." 

Victoria kept her eyes closed, longing to be back in his arms as she was the night before. But she knew better. Girls like her didn't get a king. Only a miserable husband and miserable children who could only be happy if they took their pills. "I don't believe in magic." She whispered. "Save it for your precious queen. I can take care of myself."

View user profile

131 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:38 pm

"Would they?" Anika asked before she paused to chew thoughtfully on her sandwich. "I think you're wrong... Have you not noticed your king always taken time to speak to Victoria, even if it is to argue... but never me? I believe you and I have spoken more."

The king chuckled quietly, turning his head slightly to drop a lingering kiss against Victoria's slender throat. "And what if you could do both?"

132 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 pm

"Have you ever actually spoken to him?" Elliot asked, watching her eat. His own stomach churned but he mistook the feeling for one of not liking the human food. "You will like him. Once he calms down you will see he is really very kind. Though...he often has alot on his mind." 

"Stop." Victoria pushed away from him, her chest aching as she once again reminded herself of what she could never have. "I'm not going to play games with a bully. I don't trust you. Especially after what you did to my sister over what was probably a misunderstanding on your part."

View user profile

133 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:51 pm

"Kinder than you, Eli?" Anika asked softly, offering the other half of her sandwich out to him when she saw the way he was watching her. 

"How am I a bully?" The king asked. "And forgive me, but you weren't there. You don't know what happened, but let me say one thing... Your sister was the one to kiss me first."

134 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Elliot made a face and waved off the sandwich. "Yes. Much kinder than me...how can you eat that. It smells terrible. I had to wash my claws a dozen times to get the stench of jam off them." He added, poking out his tongue.

"My sister is..." Victoria was seething. She wanted to tell him but she knew better. "My sister was tired. She probably thought you were our driver. Who...she is madly in love with by the way." She turned to face him, her cheeks now as red as her lips. "And you are a bully because only a bully would put his future wife in a cell to sleep with rats and spiders. Punish me all you want but never her."

View user profile

135 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Anika was suddenly grinning when she realised Elliott had made this food for her himself. The young woman leaned forward and kissed his cheek lightly, though her lips lingered a moment longer than they should have. "Thank you, Eli. If you are here... being married to someone I don't even know will be so much more bearable."

The king was smiling in that hungry way he often did when he was alone with Victoria. "Oh yes... I should very much like to punish you, dear heart." He purred, taking her hand and brushing his lips to the palm. "I can only imagine how sweet you must taste..." He breathed, wondering if this scent of roses was something that lingered from her sister's presence.

136 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Elliot didn't look at her. For some reason it hurt too much to do it. He didn't want to think of her married to the king. He wanted Anika to be free. He wanted her to smile at him like this all the time. He wasn't sure she would do that as the wife of another man.

Victoria reacted on impulse and slapped the king hard enough to snap his head to the side. "Don't you dare touch me." She hissed at him. "You are desperate to marry my sister, remember? Bully." She muttered.

View user profile

137 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:30 pm

When Elliott said nothing and would no longer even look at her, Anika realised she had done something wrong. "Thank you for the food." She whispered, pushing the tray back to him, and creating a little more distance between them.

"Funny, you call me a bully, yet you are the one striking me in my own home, as I hold your sister in my dungeon." The king replied. "That dungeon could easily be a hole in my forest where I can forget either of you ever existed!"

138 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 pm

"Glad to make you happy, your highness." Elliot whispered. He stood up with his tray and stepped into a shadow near the window, disappearing as if he'd never been there at all. 

"Don't you threaten me." Victoria shot back, all but nose to nose with the king. She had no idea a group of maids were watching them, standing nearby with their mouths wide open. "You don't scare me. You brought us here because you are desperate and alone. There's no way you're going to dump my sister in the forest."

View user profile

139 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Once Elliott had left Anika began to sob all over again. She was cold, and currently very much alone. She began to silently whisper that if she could just go home again, she wouldn't be so curious. She wouldn't go running to places she shouldn't be.

The king was aware they were being watched, and grabbed a handful of Victoria's silken hair, forcing her head back with her slender throat exposed to him. "The reason you are here, is for nothing other than my mystics seem to think I can marry no one but the woman from the prophecy." He growled into her ear.

140 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Elliot felt like a fool for leaving Anika alone. His chest ached. He wanted to be in that cell with her but he knew better. The king could come at anytime and would end him.

"Then you are both ignorant. There's no prophecy. No magic. You make your own destiny. If you want something, your majesty, take it!" Victoria shouted at him, more angry than afraid.

View user profile

141 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Anika had sobbed until she could barely breathe, and then finally she simply collapsed into an exhausted slumber.

The king did just that. He let go of Victoria's hair and took her face between his hands, kissing her with far more hunger than he had when he believed her to be her sister.

142 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Elliot was watching her from the mirror in his room, hating himself. He wanted to take her away. Even if it was back to her own world it had to be better than what the king was offering her. Wasn't it?

Victoria would scold herself for it later but right now she was returning the kiss. It matched his own, the hunger and need more real and honest than she'd shown him the night before. It was the only reason he'd never be able to tell them apart.

View user profile

143 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Even in her sleep a few fat tears ran down Anika's temples before disappearing into her dark hair. It was only after some time the tears stopped, and Anika breathed Elliott's name.

The king tangled his fingers in Victoria's hair as he pressed back against the wall, knowing more than ever that he needed to get the mystic's to change their mind. That... or he needed this woman to simply be his mistress.

144 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Elliot too was thinking of the mystics but his was because he knew he would need them to help make Anika forget him. If not the king would get ideas. Though nothing had happened yet, that didn't mean the young goblin male didn't want it to. But she was to be his queen. No matter what he wished for it could never be.

"Stop..." Finally Victoria managed to push him away, her chest heaving. "We...you...my sister. You need to let her go. She's afraid of spiders and it's cold. She'll get sick. Please. I'll do whatever you want. Just...let her go."

View user profile

145 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:30 pm

The mystics were already planning for the wedding, ensuring nothing could stop the union of their king. So far not one of them had seen the twisted magic surrounding Anika.

"I'll give her her old room back, if you make me a promise." The king breathed, her smooth thumbs brushing Victoria's cheeks. "You must give yourself to me. The prophecy dictates that I marry your sister... But I feel nothing for her, not like I do when I am with you."

146 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:37 pm

Elliot gave in to his kinder nature and once again appeared in the cell. He gathered Anika in his arms and returned her to the ornate bedroom. He told himself that he would argue to the king the he was afraid of losing the new queen to illness and then take his beating like a good pet should. But he wasn't going to sit back and let his violet eyed lovely suffer any longer. 

Victoria seem to consider this for a painfully long moment. But the icy voice of her grandmother began whispering to her, reminding her of just how worthless she was. No real man wanted her. Not a fairy tale king most certainly. "I can't. I won't hurt her like that and you...you don't know what you want."

View user profile

147 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Elliott wouldn't get the chance to simply leave Anika in her bed. Before he could pull away the young woman's slender fingers had curled into the front of his shirt, her breathy voice begging him not to go.

"I am not blind, my love... She does not want me anymore than I do her." The king breathed, kissing Victoria lightly this time. "She never has to know." He insisted.

148 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Elliot said something in a lanuage she wouldn't be able to understand but he laid down beside her, once again telling himself there was a way to explain this. "You are all right, Ani." He whispered to her. "Didn't I promise you that all along?" 

"I would know." Victoria said. "I am many things, your majesty. But a betrayer I am not." She turned away from him, once again wavering on her feet. Her fever was spiking.

View user profile

149 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Anika sniffled slightly, then turned and buried her face against Elliott's shoulder. "Don't wake me..." She breathed, thinking it all a dream.

The king was not so easily dissuaded. He saw Victoria waver and scooped her up into his arms. "You will see the mystic." He breathed. "I can't have my lover collapsing at my wedding." He added, proving he wasn't just dropping the issue.

150 Re: Beginning of the end on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:58 pm

"As you wish." Elliot breathed, burying his face in her hair. He wondered where the mystics got the idea that the queen smelled of roses all he could sense was night jasmine and he loved it. 

"I am not your lover." Victoria breathed, her head falling against his shoulder. "I never will be..." 
The mystic was scowling as she looked the feverish human over. She held her hands over the young woman's forehead and nodded. "There's a thin thread here but I can't see where it's going or what's it's tied to. But...it's what's making her ill." She said at last.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum