The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning of the end

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 21]

1Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Beginning of the end Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

No one can recall dates any longer. Help was coming, they had promised. Who wouldn't believe the promise made to by the brightest minds of the time to the richest families of the time? It had been long enough now that the original citizens of Rapture now had young adult grandchildren. The city had been built just for them. Their lavish playground, or so they liked to believe. It was many years now since anything had been truly 'lavish', it was only as the joy now made them see it; glorious and delightfully decadent.

Some families considered themselves better than others, and rightly so. Few had the money and the power, while the many lived in squalor. One of these families were the Jansen's. The eldest son had two beautiful daughters, who in the society they had left would no doubt have been attendees of many parties and balls, all for the purpose of finding a husband. As it stood, the youngest girl seemed the most adept at wearing her mask. By day she was the spoiled little princess she was supposed to be, making fun of the lower classes and generally being a horrible person. But as night fell and her joy pill began to wear off... She often thought of life outside her parent's massive apartment, of life in the 'workers' levels of the city. Anika Jansen would fall asleep troubled by the things her imagination thought up. It was this particular night that she had finally plucked up the courage to slip out of her parent's home, though of course she would stand out a mile in her expensive clothing and perfect make up.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

511Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika had been staring down at the stew until Arthurian mentioned a necromancer. "She looks like me?" She breathed uncertainly. "But... The man who was here before, he already offered me a deal, all for just a kiss. How could one kiss corrupt me?"

"That's what I thought." Deacon breathed to the now empty room. The king slumped back down in his chair, despising the side of him that enjoyed doing the things he just had.

512Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Man? I saw no man." Arthurian snorted. He took put a pipe and began stuffing dead leaves in it. He puffed on or for a short moment and tossed it aside. "Nothing. There is nothing I enjoy anymore." He sneered at the fire and shook his head. "Come to think of it, she's not a very good one. She couldn't even bring my wife back after that bastard killed her."

"Are you all right?" It was just after dark when Victoria stepped into the meeting room. The body had been cleaned up and everything was as if it never happened. "You've been in here a long time." She was nervous as she stepped toward the throne, offering the goblin king a graceful curtsy.

513Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:27 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika was staring at the stew again, believing she had most likely simply imagined what she wished were true. "Who killed your wife?" She asked after a rather painful pause.

"What is alright?" Deacon asked wearily, sounding so different from the man he usually was. "What am I even trying to save?"

514Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The Goblin king." Arthurian's voice was dark and filled with hatred. It was so deep it was almost a tangible thing. "He tore her heart out while my daughter hid in a cabinet. He is a monster and the sooner my daughter realizes this, the better off she'll be. How could she have forgotten what he did?" Ice colored eyes searched Anika's face for answers he feared he'd never find. 

"You know, you never really told me why everyone is walking on eggshells around here." Victoria said, sitting at Deacon's feet. For a long moment she rested her head on his knee. "The people are so kind here. So warm and welcoming. I wish I understood what they were saying half the time. That language. I remember that my mother used to talk in it to my father..." She closed her eyes and sighed. "She'd sing a song to me. I wish I understood what it was about. I feel so...lost." She admitted.

515Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Maybe she only saw the truth?" Anika asked, unable to believe the man she had seen had done such a thing. Certainly he had a rather cruel streak, but not in the way Arthurian was describing to her. "Maybe you were mistaken?"

It took Deacon a moment, but he was soon gently stoking his fingers over Victoria's dark hair, humming the song she had recalled from her childhood. "They believe that if I married the Queen from the prophecy, then war would never touch the kingdom."

516Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Hardly!" Arthurian growled. "There were others who saw him with the blood on his hands. Victoria drew a picture of him. There was no mistaking who he was." His hands were shaking as once again rage overtook him. 
Behind the king, the dark man appeared again. He was smiling wickedly, a hand resting on the other man's shoulder.

Victoria's head shot up at the gentle humming and she was quick to pull away. She remembered it from the night her mother died. Deacon had been humming it as he entered the room.
"We were playing hide and seek." She whispered, pulling further away. "Mother was looking for me. You came in the room where I was hiding and sat on the bed. You were humming that...It wasn't her that I remember...It was you..."

517Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:35 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika didn't know if Arthurian saw the other man or not, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from him. It was so much easier for innocence to be corrupted by darkness, than for darkness to be saved by innocence. "If you were so certain it was Deacon, why didn't you kill him then?"

Deacon could very well have been in the room, and humming that song, he simply didn't realise how damning that fact was right then. "It's an old song, lovely, you enjoyed it when you were small."

518Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Because he had my daughter with him. I...I tried so hard not to be a monster. I would do anything to keep my child from seeing more darkness." The troll king hung his head and the man behind him jerked back his hand. He shook it as if he'd been hurt. "I loved them both so much. I would have done anything to protect what I had. I was such a fool." He hung his head, placing his long taloned hands over his face. "My mother was the mystic to the goblin king. She was there in the castle as well. When she saw the fate had changed things for Victoria she took her and ran. She asked me to go. To meet them in the mirror. But I was lost in my grief. I went to him and asked him to change me. To make me a goblin so that I would be...The king in the west was so much stronger than I was then. He turned me into this..." He was digging those talons into his head, shaking all over. "I lost everything. I have no magic. I couldn't even see them in the mirror. I can't see anything but...a monster. Renee would be ashamed of me..."

"So you knew I was there..." Victoria was backing away from him, shaking her head. "You knew and you killed her anyway..." His words had opened up new questions but she couldn't ask them. Not now. "You bastard." Outside the door, a guard that was standing watch threw his head back and roared. He was losing his mind and Victoria's sudden fear wasn't helping anything.

519Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anyone else would have pitied the creature before them, but not Anika. Her heart had quickly turned to stone when Elliott was killed right in front of her. "Fate may have changed things for Victoria, but it gave me a life I never asked for. I never asked to exist, I certainly never asked to be in that world without magic, a place where anything slightly unusual was treated like a curse!" The young woman's violet eyes were burning with the same fire that had destroyed the tree deep in the forest when Elliott was snatched from her. "Victoria is free now! She has so many people who love her, for that you should be thankful!"

"What?" The king looked genuinely confused by Victoria's outburst. "I have never killed any... Well, I have killed people, but I never killed any women!" He insisted. "Lovely... What is it I've done, exactly?"

520Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:39 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't try to tell me he is kind to her. Or she is free." ArthurIan growled, glaring at her. "She is with the monster who killed my wife!" He tossed a handful of leaves at her. "What would you know? You're just a child. Go back to sleep."
 The Darkness moved around the king as he turned his back on her. "One kiss." He purred. "The offer is still open."

"And now you have the nerve to try and pretend you didn't do it?" Victoria asked, her chest heaving. "How dare you. You knew all along who I was. Is this something sort of joke to you? Was it a conquest? Another way to mock my mother after murdering her?"

521Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:12 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It did hurt when Arthurian snarled that she was no more than a child. All her life Anika had been told she was incapable to going anywhere or doing anything on her own. Perhaps that was the reason she now met the gaze of the other creature Arthurian couldn't see... and nodded her head.

Deacon had been about to reach out for Victoria when she shot that accusation at him. "I did not." He told her firmly, though his whole body seemed to shake with the rage he was trying to contain.

522Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Good girl." The Darkness purred, disappearing once again. 
"All I can do is hope the king sabotages himself. That shouldn't be a problem. His luck is almost as bad as mine." Arthurian mutteredo, his back still on Anika.

"You're lying." Victoria's voice was stubborn and firm. "I saw you. I was hiding and you were there. You hummed that song. Don't lie to me, Deacon!"

523Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:19 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You just want everyone to be as miserable as you are." Anika commented quietly, beginning to wonder what she had actually agreed to when the darkness disappeared. 

"If you saw me, as you claim, why did you tale your sister's place and stay here with me?" Deacon asked calmly. "If I had killed your mother, do you not think I would have made certain there were no witnesses, or at the very least killed all who saw me do it? Am I really so careless in your eyes, little one?"

524Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yes exactly." Ice colored eyes swept over her as he glanced over his shoulder. "My life has fallen apart. You should understand that better than most." 

"You didn't know I was there." Victoria said, trying hard to keep her emotions under control. She was backing toward the door, shaking her head.

525Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Hardly... That would imply I had a life to fall apart." Anika replied with a heavy sigh. "Don't compare my predicament to your own... You're wallowing in misery and trying to drown others in your wake. I... Simply wish to be left alone."

"You think I would ever not know where you are?" Deacon asked, his tone finally getting rather thin. "I always know. The second you enter a room time seems to stop."

526Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's a lie." Arthurian turned on her. "You already said you were looking for a way to bring that foolish boy back to you  for a kiss no less. 

Victoria frowned at this, pausing where she was. "It was you. Say what you will but I heard your voice. Nevermind saw you.  Your eyes. Your face..."

527Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And?" Anika asked simply. "I wish to left alone while I do it."

"And your eyes never lied to you? You spent all these years believing you had a sister, didn't you?" Deacon replied. "How can you trust anything?"

528Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:59 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I've already told you. If you wish to have the boy back, my mystic can help you. Don't start talking crazy just yet." He once again waved her toward the food. "Eat. You will need whatever strength you can. We are finishing our journey home."

"I do have a sister." Victoria shot back. "I still need to find her. She paused before she could head for the door. "How do you always know where I am? Even as a little girl..."

529Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Home..." Anika snorted the word rather bitterly. "That's an impossible journey. What you mean to say... is that I am being dragged back to your home as a captive."

Deacon's smile was infinitely sad. "Innocence is hard to come by in these parts, it's stands out."

530Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You are desperately wanted by so many, child. I have to keep you close to me. You'll get used to it." The troll king said with a shrug.

"Oh." Victoria said softly. For some reason she thought his answer would be far different. "I've been wasting time here. I need to find my sister...you don't even try to defend yourself."

531Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika didn't answer this time, she simply lay down, again refusing food. Desperately wanted by many. She found that hard to believe, only because she was putting a different meaning to those words.

Again Deacon look something so much worse than sad. "Why should I even try? You have already judged me, like so many often do."

532Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:21 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

When they returned to the castle, it was alive with activity. Trolls of every shape and size were lining up and being inspected. All of them were being outfitted for war. 
They snarled and snapped as their king passed. None of them showed respect as Deacon's people had. 
A wiry troll stopped Anika, inspecting her with a loud purr. "Where are you going, Samantha dear? Discover you forget you promised me a treat?"

"Don't try to make me feel sorry for you." Victoria hissed, crossing her arms over her chest. "And don't stand there and call me a liar. It was you. You killed my mother and you're not the least bit sorry!"

533Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika's hands had been bound behind her back, though it was done in such a way it merely looked as though she walked with them clasped behind her. Haunted violet eyes looked up at the troll, not sure what to think of the assumption he had just made. "I would never hate myself so much as to offer you anything." She told him rather coolly. This woman was supposed to be pure innocence, yet no more than a few days in this kingdom had already begun to change her.

"But I must stand here and have you call me a liar?" Deacon countered. "Funny, isn't it? I must take your words at face value, but because I am not like you, I cannot be offered the same decency?"

534Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Arthurian ignored the troll and yanked the hood over Anika's head. He turned her toward the road and kept walking, snarling ever so softly. "Don't talk to strangers." He muttered. 

Victoria said nothing to this. He was right but that didn't answer any of her questions. Her mother was dead and there was no other way to explain that it was her husband's doing. "I need some time. I need to find my sister." She muttered, not sure what else to say.

535Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Such a rule would prevent my speaking to you, my warden." Anika replied, proving to be rather difficult."

Deacon sighed wearily and simply waved a hand at Victoria. "It doesn't matter what I say. You will do as you wish, as you always have done. It seems to matter very little to you that I risk my throne, all for you."

536Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:43 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Arthurian chuckled at this, pulling her even closer to his side. A troll snarled at them as they passed, snapping at Anika's heels. "You still haven't told me what my mother said to you. I have a feeling you know much more than you're letting on. You will tell me, child."
The Darkness was following them, humming the very song Victoria often sang to her sister when she was sick. He knew well that Anika could hear him and that his very presence affected her.

"I will remind you that it is not me you risked it for. But her." Victoria whispered. The wave of his hand hurt. Others had often dismissed her this way. It reminded her of where she still stood. "Goodnight." She said after a long, painful silence. Without another word she turned on heel and yanked open the throne room doors. 
She didn't even see the feral goblin until he was on top of her, gnashing his teeth. The former soldier was now lost to even his king. All he knew was the inner voice demanding he taste the queen's blood.

537Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:02 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika was finding it difficult to concentrate now. The humming felt like it was inside her skull and she couldn't escape it. It was a reminder that maybe her sister wasn't as happy as the younger girl hoped. "You are responsible for Elliot's death, in what world do you think I would tell you anything now?"

Deacon had simply remained where he sat after Victoria stormed out. His head was bowed, wounded that she saw nothing of what he did for her. It was only when the scent of her blood suddenly seemed to fill every particle of air that he looked at the door.

538Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:32 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Whatever you think, child." The troll king snorted. "You are blaming others when the fault lies with a dead man. Or at least I assume before you charred him he was a man." He chuckled. 

Victoria grabbed for the knife on the soldier's belt. He had slashed her arm open with his teeth and the wound was gushing, spraying them both with her blood. 
She wasn't about to call for help. Not after what had happened between herself and Deacon.

539Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Anika kept her head bowed, not wishing for the troll king to see the tear that rolled down her cheek. "I wish he would have suffered for longer." She spat hatefully, much unlike her usual self.

She may have the goblin soldier's knife, but it was Deacon's own sword that sliced through the poor creature's neck. He didn't say anything, even when covered in blood himself.

540Beginning of the end - Page 18 Empty Re: Beginning of the end Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"He probably did. The tree itself screamed from what you did." Arthurian said darkly. He noticed the change but was sure it was for the best. There needed to be more people who hated everything like he did.

Victoria lay where she was, trying her best not to cry. She looked weak enough as it was. "T-thank you." She whispered after a full minute.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum