The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keeper of the voice

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

1Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Keeper of the voice Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

The campfire was beginning to splutter now, rather than the healthy crackled it had been no more than thirty minutes ago. It was cold, even by Skyrim standards this night, and fire was life out here in the forested mountains. The ability to create fire with magic was useless without the means with which to keep it burning. The young woman had gathered what dry wood she could find, and was terrified by the thought she was going to have to venture into one of the many caves in the side of the great mountain. A cave may offer shelter from the cold, but it brought with it all new kinds of danger. Bears and wolves would be the least of it, unintentionally stumbling upon a group of bandits was not what she needed right then. A cloud of vapour escaped into the air as she exhaled heavily, longing for the place she had once called home. The place she could never go back to if she wished to keep her family safe. Of course, they were only family in the sense that she had known these people most of her life and loved them dearly, even if they weren't blood kin. Dark hair brushed her shoulders as she looked down at the silver ring that hung on a chain around her neck. She had been close to being married, once. To the king of the guild, no less. He had sworn he would have her head when she had broke it off, the night she had discovered the truth about herself, the night she had left the Thieves Guild behind.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

91Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"There's a lot you never saw." Rafe replied with another grin. "But how about this, you think it coincidence that your village is burned to the ground the same day a stranger comes into your life, and your eyes are finally opened to the truth around you?"

Ruby narrowed her eyes slightly, glancing around for the source of the voice. "I am not lonely." She lied, obvious in the fierce tone of her voice.

92Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Loralie didn't know what to say to any of his words. "Are you saying that she's the reason for it?" She asked, wrapping the cloak tighter around herself as the snow began to tumble around them in heavy flakes. "How can that be? She was in a cave far away from the village. My father had his men trying to tie me down after the leader of the werewolves...your leader demanded a virgin sacrifice." She went on, her face turning scarlet. 

"You think me stupid?" The man asked her, laughing softly. "You wouldn't be the first, dear heart."

93Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"She may have been there in the cave when you were offered as sacrifice, can you say she was with you all night as the village burned to the ground?" Rafe asked simply.

"Yes, and a coward!" Ruby shouted to the trees around her.

94Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"There is an assassin in the woods, sir." One of the men guarding the village came forward and bowed  low. "I recommend we take the package and  return home."
"An assassin? Loralie said, now chewing on her bottom lip in concern. "I have to help her now."

"How am I a coward?" He asked, now closer than ever. "Just because I rather play with my prey before I devour it. not that I think you will take that long.." He chuckled.q

95Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:21 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Rafe nodded his head in agreement with the other man. "I understand, thank you." He replied, though he reached and took hold of Loralie's arm. "Come, it isn't safe for you here. This assassin business doesn't have anything to do with you, or us."

Ruby's eyes continued to scan the trees, though she saw nothing. "And you came all the way out here to find me?" She scoffed. "I'm hardly important enough for that, considering you passed up an entire village of 'prey'."

96Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Loralie pulled against him, frowning deeply. "You're not listening to me. Ruby saved my life! I can't just leave her there to get hurt!" She protested. "Let go of me! You can't tell me what to do!" She tried hard to pull away from him, though was not strong enough for anything.

"That village was long gone before I arrived. I hear that was your doing. That you summoned a dragon there to destroy the people." The man said from his perch. "Now why would you do something like that? Does it give you some kind of sick pleasure to see Skyrim burning?"

97Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Even if she saved your life, you really think she needs your help?" Rafe asked. "Princess, she left you as soon as she could. That doesn't strike me as a trustworthy person."

"What makes you think I summoned the dragon?" Ruby asked thinly, trying not to react to the accusation too fiercely.

98Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Loralie decided then that he was right and stopped fighting. She really didn't know what to do with herself. She sighed softly and nodded. "What are you going to do with me? Get me ready to feed to your king? I can't imagine I'll make more than a snack for him..." 

"Who else would have done it? There is only one creature who can summon a dragon. Isn't that right? Isn't that the reason you ran away from your life? Your family and friends?" The voice chuckled. "Don't tell me you weren't at least a little bit tempted to try it out. Maybe to make someone hurt as badly as you are hurting now?"

99Keeper of the voice - Page 4 Empty Re: Keeper of the voice Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Maybe that's how the king likes it? Lots of snacks, and no big meals?" Rafe replied with a playful grin. "Or maybe I'm taking you to keep all for myself?"

Ruby's eyes were no longer searching for the stranger, they were looking for an escape route. Whoever this man was, he knew far too much for this to be a chance encounter in the woods. "I don't hurt. You have to feel, to hurt."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum