The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Fame and Glory

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 22]

1For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty For Fame and Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Kusanagi." Dahlia DeAngelo was grinning from ear to ear as she flopped into the seat opposite her partner in crime. This bar was their favourite haunt when trying to relax, and she had known where to find the other woman right away. She let the word hang for a moment and waved for the attention of the bartender and gestured that she wanted a beer. Dahlia leaned back and let her arms hang over the back of her seat, though it was clear she was damn near bursting with excitement.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

331For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

To begin with Dahlia had resisted when her father brought her things, or when he tried to give her news of life outside her cage. As the months wore on, she simply gave up. Such as now, she sat there in an elaborate dress, staring at the wall as her father brushed her dark hair. Fighting was pointless now, Gabbi was free, Justice was alive at least... The price had been her freedom, and it was a bargain. The young woman simply never thought she had valued her freedom so greatly until it was taken from her.

Erik was never far behind when Gabbi left the place they called home. He was always there, watching over her, even if he couldn't call her his own. Such as now, he sat on one of the upper balconies, watching Gabbi as she stared at a map. He knew what she was looking for, and that he would have to tell his mother.

332For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why are you so sad?" Justice asked, wishing he knew why it bothered him so badly to see this young woman so unhappy. "Our master gives you everything your heart could desire. Why shouldn't you smile once in a while?" 

Gabbi's fingers tingled until they burned when she rested them on a place on the map. Her eyes were closed and she was picturing her best friend. This was it. She had to be here. There was no other explanation for the way she was feeling.

333For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:07 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What does he know of my heart?" Dahlia replied with a snort. "I'm his leverage, nothing more. If he cared at all... He would kill me." She added, not cracking even the ghost of a smile. "He makes me dress like something I'm not... I'm no Princess to be kept in a tower. He confuses me with someone else."

"Planning a trip?" A golden haired young man had seated himself opposite Gabbi and was flashing her a pearly smile.

334For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You don't like the dresses then?" Rama asked from across the room, leaning against the wall. "All you had to do was tell him. We could have gotten the things from the box that was taken from your room."

"Huh?" Gabbi opened her eyes, her fingers slipping off the spot. "Damn...I...no...not now anyway..." She sighed.

335For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia's reaction was rather quick; she snatched the brush from her father and tossed it in Rama's direction. "Why are you doing this?!" She demanded.

"Why? Too many places to choose from?" The man asked, his green eyes crinkling as he grinned.

336For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rama let the brush hit him in the chest and scowled at her. "Think about that for a moment. I have the only creature in the world that can hurt me in a gilded cage. Why do you think?" He asked through his teeth.  He waved a hand for Justice to leave them and he simply did. "You practically gift wrapped yourself, my darling."

Gabbi sighed again and pushed the map away, shaking her head. "There's no where I want to go." She said softly.

337For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"When Justice was dragon lord you wanted him dead!" Dahlia hissed. "This is worse than that! Why do I deserve this?!" She was pacing like a dangerous animal now, not accustomed to simply sitting around in one place. "You should have let me die, then you could have bathed in all the dragon blood, just like you wanted!" It seemed the memory of Rama telling Dahlia she was his soul mate was no more than a faded dream now, something she thought she had imagined.

"I don't believe that." The man replied. "Everyone has somewhere they want to be, and someone they want to be with." He added with another charming smile.
On the balcony above Erik was visibly bristling, ready to jump in and tell this idiot where to go.

338For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rama let her rant. He never moved or spoke. When she was finished he simply smiled. "You ruined my plans. You stepped in the way and sent the Seeker off so that I can't find her. This is called punishment. Get used to it." He kept his smile as he spoke, offering her a theatrical bow. 

"That's the worst pick up line I've heard yet." Gabbi told the blonde man, though she couldn't help but smile. "And the old fishing for a boyfriend trick. Really?"

339For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

That smile infuriated Dahlia. She was across the room and pinning Rama to the floor before he could stop her. "I may have ruined your plans, but you ruined my life! You couldn't just let Gabbi be, you had to hound her like an animal!"

The young man smiled and held up his hands in surrender. "You got me, I don't want to step on someones toes when I ask you to dinner, that's all."

340For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Did your parents never tell you the story of the Seeker and the gods?" Rama breathed, his usually icy eyes half lidded and purple with desire. "This is how it works, my lovely. She has something I want."

"Dinner? What for?" Gabbi asked in surprise. She looked the blonde man over as if he were asking her to dance naked on the table.

341For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Gabbi has something everyone wants." Dahlia breathed in reply, though didn't release her grip on Rama. Aware that she knew few of the legends that Rama mentioned only served to remind Dahlia that this was all information her parents had given Erik, not their second born.

"Well, we could always do something a bit more fun for a first date, but I thought dinner was a safe start." The man replied with a carefree smile.

342For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"And so do you." Rama breathed, his fingers rested on her hips and then slid up under the hem of her skirt. He lifted his head, his lips catching hers before she could stop him. 

Gabbi's laugh earned them a hiss from the librarian. "All right. You win. One date." She said in a soft whisper. After all, Erik wanted nothing to do with her.

343For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia was accustomed to tight jeans and tank tops, not flowing skirts and delicate dresses. It was a new sensation to have hands sliding along her bare thighs while still fully clothed. This time Dahlia didn't bite Rama or resist his kiss, instead she returned it, slender fingers sinking into his dark hair.

The man grinned even more, unaware that jealous golden eyes were watching him from above. "Do I at least get a name, or shall I simply call you 'Seeker'?" He asked, meaning it in all innocence, given Gabbi had been seeking something on a map when he noticed her.

344For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:28 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Please..." Rama, the great fallen god, was surprised to find himself begging. His lips brushed hers and somehow her dress ended up on the floor nearby. "I need you."

Gabbi shot to her feet and stepped away from him, shaking her head. "I have to go...you're not my type...goodbye..." She forced out, tumbling over a chair in her haste to get out of the library.

345For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:22 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia hesitated where she was straddled across Rama's hips. She didn't need him to tell her how much he wanted this, but she was scared. Despite all her outward bravado and talk, Dahlia was far more innocent than her Seeker counterpart. Life with Gabbi, the beautiful and refined woman who was wanted by everyone who met her had left Dahlia feeling very much the ugly tomboy duckling. All this played out in Dahlia's mismatched eyes for Rama to see, and for this she was ashamed. It was a weakness she hadn't wanted anyone to know.

Erik had dropped down from the upper balcony to land on the ground like it was no big deal. He grinned at the bewildered man who had no idea what he had done wrong. "Well... guess the lady doesn't prefer blonds." He sneered, some of his dark hair falling over a golden eye as he pushed past the green eyed human.

346For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rama said nothing as he lifted her up and carried her toward the bed. They never made it to her caged bed, however. Soon she would find herself lying beneath him on silken black sheets in a room that was quiet and still. 
Another minute or two and he was wearing little more than she was, his skin pressed to hers. 
"I have dreamed of this moment, Dahlia. I have waited so long...I cannot do it anymore." He whispered, his lips trailing across the skin exposed to him. 

Gabbi got in her car and slammed the door, trying to force herself to breathe through her sudden panic. There was no need for it yet here she was about to cry like a weak little girl. She felt lost and useless. This was new to her and she hated it.

347For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia's heart was pounding, and no doubt Rama could hear it even without pressing an ear to her chest. "No... you dreamed of the Seeker, of Gabbi." She breathed, though her fingers were stroking through his dark hair, a tingle to her skin each time his lips touched her. Dahlia's parents had kept yet another secret from her; she had known Rama since she was a child, and declared that one day she would be his mate, and in doing so she too would be restored to what she once was. They had taken great lengths to make her forget and to keep her hidden from the fallen god. Neither of them dared ask how she came by this information, of what she meant when she said 'restored'.

"He shouldn't have pressured you like that." Erik was sat next to Gabbi in her car, despite the door having never opened. "You have work that is important to you... No distractions, right?" He added, thinking that is all they were to each other; a welcome distraction they had both leaned upon in the past.

348For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Are you asking me to leave?" Rama asked, lifting his head to fix her with a heartbroken gaze. He was going to have to bleed himself this time. Not having her was tearing him apart. 

"Rama must be getting close. You and Lilly should move." Gabbi said as if he hadn't really been speaking to her. "I need a cigarette. And you need to stay out of my business, nerd boy." It was a name she'd always called him growing up. The name Tattoo was long gone.

349For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia surprised both of them by lifting her slender hands and taking Rama's face gently between them. "I am asking you to be certain of who it is you want." She breathed, though she was quickly falling into those amethyst eyes just as she had done as a child.

Erik's golden eyes became hard as amber when Gabbi said this to him. "Forgive me, prom queen, but you are looking for my sister, it's you with your nose in my family business."

350For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You must understand..." Rama didn't finish. He didn't want to. He only wanted to make love to this woman before she changed her mind. So that was what he did. 
He would tell her later that he needed to mate with the Seeker by force to gain her knowledge and once again become a god. It was the only way to restore them both.

"Yeah. I forgot. Get out of my car, Erik." Gabbi muttered, refusing to look at him. "I don't live under Lilly's roof. She can't boss me around and neither can you."

351For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It was some time later as Dahlia lay there in a bed that wasn't her own that she was staring at the silken canopy above her, trying to make sense of what was happening. It had been 6 months since she first tried to trade herself to Rama; so why now? Why had he suddenly decided her needed her?

"No, and don't forget, Dahlia is with that bastard because she wanted to keep you... us, safe. I know I screwed up, but pushing me away wont bring her back." Erik warned. "At least... Say goodby to Mom before you abandon her."

352For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

It was as she was staring above her that she would find herself once again in the bed of her cage. The room half lit and she was dressed in a night gown. She was alone except for Justice who stood right outside the cage as always. 

"This is all my fault, Erik. All of it." Gabbi whispered. "If I had never been born even my parents would be better off. You can't say anything different. Sometimes I wish that were true..."

353For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

When the change happened Dahlia curled up onto her side and hugged her pillow against her, hating herself for what she had allowed to happen. Nothing had changed, only that she felt she had been a foolish, starry-eyed little girl.

"What happened to your parents... You shouldn't blame yourself." Erik breathed. "That... That was Dahlia, even if she didn't mean to. You know that me and my mother, we are Djinn, don't you? Wish granters."

354For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Rama hated himself. It hurt to return Dahlia to her cage but he had no other choice. Nothing changed. She didn't know him. Like so many times before there was no light of recognition in her eyes. He was doomed once again to hellish loneliness.

"I don't believe in that bullshit, Erik. There's no Djinn and no Seekers. Only bad luck and assholes." Gabbi snorted. "And Dahlia was a little girl. We all wish for sisters and friends...boyfriends...some of us get lucky. I wished my parents weren't dead. They still are. Wishing is a made up story, like magick."

355For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Dahlia was ashamed when she began to sob quietly into the pillow she was hugging. She had just wanted someone to love her. Someone to look at her the way she had seen her brother and Gabbi look at each other when they were children.

"Dahlia's wish came true because she is, at least in some small part, like me. She was never going to be a Djinn that could have a master... She was too much like our father for that." Erik breathed. "But sometimes, when she was little, things she wanted came true." He added. "I'm... sorry she took your parents from you, Gabbi... I'm sorry you got dragged into our messed up family."

356For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Justice sat down beside his daughter, threading his fingers through her hair. It was killing him to hear her crying so earnestly. He could no longer play his part. "I tried to warn you." He breathed. "He is not what you thought. He is not your soul. He is selfish. He is a monster. Dahlia...I tried..."

"Erik...stop. I don't believe in that shit. There is no magick or wishes." She lit her cigarette and rolled down her window? Blowing the smoke into the darkening sky.

357For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"But I love him!" Dahlia sobbed, surprising even herself with that declaration. Her mismatched eyes were already red and puffy.

"Not believing in something doesn't make it any less true." Erik reminded Gabbi sadly. "Dahlia is in love with Rama, she just doesn't remember it. Just as she doesn't remember that you are the one he loves, that he needs, and will stop at nothing to claim. She didn't know it, but all this time... She was your guardian."

358For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No you dont. You love the idea of him. All girls love the bad boys. We'll go home and find you a hero." Justice promised her. 

"Erik, stop. I don't know where you're getting this from but..." She rested her head against the steering wheel and sighed heavily. "I need a drink. You want to go out with me tonight?"

359For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I can't go home." Dahlia sniffled, gesturing to the cage. "I'm just an animal to him... An amusement until he finds Gabbi."

Erik sigh quietly, wishing he could make Gabbi understand his world, or at least believe in it. "Last time we tried the date thing... It didn't go so well." He replied with the ghost of a grin.

360For Fame and Glory - Page 12 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't think so." Justice whispered brushing the hair from the side of hair face. "There more than just keeping you from the Seeker to this but...I wish I knew what..."

Gabbi shook her head. "We're not doing the date thing. We're just going to get shit faced and forget stuff. No dating involved."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum