The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Fame and Glory

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 22]

1For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty For Fame and Glory Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Kusanagi." Dahlia DeAngelo was grinning from ear to ear as she flopped into the seat opposite her partner in crime. This bar was their favourite haunt when trying to relax, and she had known where to find the other woman right away. She let the word hang for a moment and waved for the attention of the bartender and gestured that she wanted a beer. Dahlia leaned back and let her arms hang over the back of her seat, though it was clear she was damn near bursting with excitement.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

571For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Please, do." The mystic replied, much to the horror of the magician who was terrified of their master. The other man visibly shrank away, knowing how much pain Rama could inflict with his wishes.

Deep down Dahlia had known this all along, she had simply not wished to believe even Lily would betray her devoted husband so cruelly. "And the sad truth is, Dad would never leave her, no matter what she did."

572For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Lilly, I wish for you to teach this mystic bitch a lesson." Rama snarled. 
At her name Justice flinched ever so slightly. The knowledge that he'd been played for a fool all along was eating him alive. 

"Yeah. I hate that. Your dad is one of the true good guys. Erik worshipped the ground he walked on." Gabbi sighed, the ache of losing him again making her chest hurt.

573For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic was at Justice's side once more, his large frame seeming to dwarf the lithe creature beside him. She knew Lily all too well from all the time the other woman spent here with Rama.
Lily did seem genuinely sad when he pale eyes rested on her husband. Unlike her son, she didn't resist Rama's call, there was no point in suffering the pain it caused.

"Call me a lightweight... But I think I need to go get some sleep." Dahlia suddenly informed her friend. "We can start at the Cairo museum in the morning and head to the tomb from there." She simply didn't wish to drag up more feelings about her parents.

574For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You'll have to go through me first." Justice said as he turned toward Lilly. "Call her off, Rama. I'm not going to play games here." 
Rama laughed wickedly. "You aren't playing? My boy you are the main piece! Lilly, I made my wish. Hurt her. Hurt them both. I like that better. "

"Go ahead. You got a good start on me. It's my turn to drink until I'm fuzzy headed." Gabbi said, downing her first drink.

575For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lily nodded and was upon the mystic in an instant. Though she had no right to be, she was jealous of the way Justice was protecting the hooded creature. She didn't speak as she kicked the other woman to the ground, about to stop on her ribs hard enough to break them. That was until the woman's cloak slipped away as she fell, revealing the elaborate headdress and ornate garb she wore beneath it. Mystic was the word they used for her now, but in ancient times, she had been a revered priestess with all the power of the gods.

Though Dahlia had spoke of her plan to sleep, that wasn't what she did. The young woman came across another tourist in the elevator back to her room. Somewhat out of character she invited the young man back to her room with quite clear intentions. It was a way to forget about Rama, if only for a little while.

576For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Justice laughed, the sound dark and uncharacteristic for him. "Are you going to continue to obey at the cost of your own life, Djinn? Think this over carefully." 

Gabbi drank until she made herself sick. She stumbled toward the room, barely able to see where she was going. For a moment Erik was forgotten and her heart didnt hurt so badly.

577For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lily took a step back, not expecting to see what she had deemed such a worthless creature as anything else.
The mystic picked herself up, brushing her dress down before fixing her green gaze on Lily. Without a word the Djinn was suddenly choking, as though oxygen was now poison to her. The other woman seemed to need little effort, or concentration to perform this task, as she was now watching Rama. "How much do you value the gifts of a Djinn, child?"

Erik felt forgotten. Ever since Rama had beaten him until he could barely draw breath, all he thought of was his Gabbi. He hoped she was safe, far away. But he knew better, he knew Dahlia would no doubt drag her back into all this.

578For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I have another." Rama muttered, shrugging his shoulders. "He is far more powerful and willful than this. She deserves her fate..." 
"Stop." Justice voice was soft. "Dont hurt her. She was just doing what she was told." Despite everything, he still loved Lilly. She was the mother of his children after all.

Gabbi woke in her bed, her head screaming. She groaned and threw the covers over her head, cursing at the light coming through the curtains. 
Erik had been there during the night. She would almost swear to it.

579For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Mercy? Even now?" The mystic asked curiously. All she had ever known in this modern world was Rama's thirst for revenge and his desire to find his soul mate. She had never known mercy.

Dahlia was already awake too, but she was in the awkward position of trying to remove herself from the tangle of limbs she was in with the stranger lying next to her. The last thing she needed was for him to wake before she left.

580For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yes." Justice said, kneeling beside the Mystic. "Everyone deserves it. Even Rama." He handed her her robe, watching her face. 

The young man moaned softly, his eyes still closed. His legs remained tangled with hers. His rolling over didnt help.

581For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic seemed rather displeased by this, but snatched hold of her robe anyway as Lily suddenly fell to her knees gasping for breath. "Mercy wont return what he stole." She warned.

"Oh for the love of..." Dahlia muttered as she found herself pressed beneath her mystery man. She slid an arm out reach for the nightstand where her phone was, hoping to call Gabbi. Instead she knocked off the lamp that sat there with a loud thud.

582For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:22 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yes. I know." Justice said, glancing at Lilly. "But it was her choice. I cant protect her forever. She has to grow up. I suppose there's no other way."

The young man sat up, his eyes wide. He gasped for breath. He very nearly jerked himself off the bed. It took a moment to see her but when he did, he smiled.

583For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And this is how you wished for her to grow? To be violated by that... monster?" She hissed, her green eyes blazing at the thought.

Dahlia's heart was pounding, having never been in this situation before. Her wide sapphire eyes were looking up at the the man she knew nothing about, but had been more than attracted to the instant she saw him in the elevator. This seemed more Gabbi's territory, not hers.

584For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She never would have done it if she believed the way we do. We both know that." Justice said matter of factly. "I didnt want her to but she has grown up. I have to let her stretch her wings or i will lose her...like i lost my son."

"Hey honey..." the young man shoved his fingers through his wild brown hair. "Want me to get us some coffee?"

585For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lily had tried attacking the mystic again, needing to prove to Rama she still had a use, lest he turn to Erik to do his bidding once more. It proved a rather unfortunate mistake, as the mystic swatted her aside and send Lily crashing into Rama where the both of them then crashed through a wall. All this was done as she looked up at Justice. "You're still losing her. She loves the creature... And no good can of that."

Dahlia was struggling to find her voice now that the tequila had worn off and she was left to her own devices. All she could think was how much she wanted to run her fingers through his hair, but also that she wanted to simply turn and flee. "Uh... yeah, thanks. That would be great." She managed to choke out.

586For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Justice didn't even flinch. In fact he barely looked away from the woman in front of him. "Its not the first time shes loved him. Im sensing a pattern. A hurricane i cant stop. All i can do is...help with the clean up." He whispered sadly. 

The young man got up and headed to the coffee pot, still smiling. "I'll bet you dont even remember my name." He said with a soft laugh.

587For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic reached up, the tips of her fingers stained with what looked like gold paint. It was as her fingers touched Justice's cheek that he would see the dreams Dahlia had been experiencing in a mere instant. "Sometimes doing what is right, is not always what will make her happy." She breathed.

Dahlia inwardly flinched when he said that, as it was the truth. "I don't recall giving you mine." She replied, pulling the bedsheet around herself as she swung her feet to the ground.

588For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It never seems to make anyone happy." Justice whispered, this new truth breaking his heart in a way Rama never could. "Please...dont remind me of what a failure i am. My son...my wife...my daughter..." 

The mans smile was almost a sign. It should have been anyway. "Dahlia. Right? You did tell me."

589For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What about you?" The mystic asked. "Who was there for you?" She pressed, her fingers lingering against his cheek.

Dahlia's gaze was cast downwards slightly, clearly searching her hazy recollection of the previous night for the memory of her giving such information freely. It didn't seem like her, but then again... nothing seemed like her lately. "Alright, you win that one... Do I at least get to hear yours, again?"

590For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Im their protector. Its not their place to be there." Justice whispered, his lonelieness on display for nothing but a second.

The young man smiled again and shook his head, concentrating on the coffee. "Thats ok. I get what this was about."

591For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:30 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"No one can protect all the time, child." The mystic breathed. "Just let go of duty and you'll see you are but a boy in need of love." She told him gently.

Dahlia had managed to discretely pull her phone from the nightstand and had it on the bed next to her, though out of the young man's view. She was trying not to draw attention to the fact she was texting Gabbi. Something felt off it was terrifying her.

592For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Justice shook his head. "Love is not something a creature like me deserves." He told her, gently pulling the robe around her shoulders. 

As if one cue Gabbi threw open the door to the hotel room, shouting for her friend to wake up. She'd brought jelly donuts.

593For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then he has won." She replied sadly. "Rameses will take the girl and destroy everything you cherish, starting with your son."

Gabbi would find her friend sat there, still wrapped in the crisp white hotel bedsheet and a shirtless man standing nearby with a coffee mug in his hand. The look of panic in Dahlia's eyes no doubt said it all.

594For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Rama will never win. I will fight him with every last breath." Justice swore. "I dont need love to do that. They have mine that should be enough."

"One night ends at 9 am buddy." Gabbi grabbed the man by the shoulders anf then his shirt, shoving them out the door.

595For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic seemed to accept this and put some distance between the two of them. "You think you know him. How he works, what his next move will be... you don't. After thousands of years... I still cannot fix what I allowed to happen." She warned before she was simply gone.

Dahlia knew she would never be able to express her gratitude for what Gabbi had just done, though she was quick to start looking for her clothing.

596For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Justice stood staring at where the mystic had gone for what seemed like eternity. He had so mamy questions for her. Like why he felt like he knew her so well. And why she seemed to know so much about him.

Gabbi nudged her friends shirt over to her and made a show of pouring coffee. "So...was he worth it? Or do you remember?"

597For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:00 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic seemed to sag with relief once she was away from Justice. All these years and he still made her heart pound like a young temple maid. It didn't matter if his soul didn't remember her, it was enough to be able to keep him safe.

"Please Gabbi... I don't need a lecture right now." Dahlia muttered as she pulled her shirt on. She wasn't about to tell her friend the night had been amazing, up until the strange way he had smiled at her this morning, and somehow knew her name while being unwilling to offer up his own.

598For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You are a fool." Rama hissed at her. She could never run from him. Not that she would try. "You think that he will ever remember what he was? He's so lost in the life he's tearing apart now. Besides he never noticed you then."

"You need something. You've lost your mind." Gabbi growled. She dropped the box on the counter and poured herself a cup of coffee.

599For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:01 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The mystic smiled, though it wasn't sad like Rama was most likely hoping. "I don't need him to remember." She replied. "Unlike you, I can accept that a soul does not belong to me, no matter how much I wish it to."

Dahlia was scowling at her friend now. "Why? Because I'm acting like you?"

600For Fame and Glory - Page 20 Empty Re: For Fame and Glory Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You should tell me that story. It's not like the two of you are going anywhere."  

Gabbi winced. Her best friend's words hotting home. "We...need to get going." She murmured.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum