The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love and War

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 34]

1Love and War Empty Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I swear to even the Asari goddess that when I get out of here, that lizard Kandros will wish I was an exile for what I'm gonna do to him!" Quinn Talos raged as she was unceremoniously shoved into a holding cell on the operations deck. The dark haired woman paced for time, thinking it was would all be straightened out once Tann got wind of what Kandros had done. She should have known better. As far as she believed, human's still weren't exactly favourites of the other alien species. On earth Quinn had an excellent service record within the Alliance, just as most members of her family did, but she had wanted more. She wanted to explore, to see things no human ever had, which was why she signed up for a place on the Andromeda Initiative. The only problem was, she wasn't the pathfinder, and her superiors didn't believe in security personal leaving the Nexus. As well as she performed her job, the call sign 'Cutie', thanks to her unfortunate initials, meant she wasn't exactly taken seriously. Quinn was slumped on the floor with her back against the wall now, glaring at the Turian guard outside the forcefield. She had fought her hardest for the safety of everyone on the Nexus, and this was her reward; being called a traitor and about to be dumped on some godforsaken planet with the rest of the exile scum. All because Kandros feared losing what little power he had to her. The asshole can keep it, she thought bitterly.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

2Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Maggie Talos found herself running through the Nexus, dodging aliens of all sorts. She was ignoring the calls on her coms. No matter how insistent they became. Kandros could wait. Her sister was in trouble. 
She barely missed a poor Angaran who looked like he was star struck. And then Director Tann...she just managed to slide under his long arm, her long blonde ponytail slapping his side. He yelled at her back, threatening to tell her superior. 
Maggie had followed her sister to this new galaxy. She hasn't even wanted to come but their father swore Quinn would protect her and they needed each other. 
That made this whole thing all that much worse. 
When she finally came stumbling to a stop in front of her sister's cell, all she could manage was to gasp out. "Quinn...what have you...done...?"

3Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn lifted her lavender gaze up to meets her sister's, the expression she wore making it quite clear Maggie had just said exactly the wrong thing. "Get out of here before lizard boy Kandros throws you in too." She growled, the waves of her shoulder length ebony hair swaying slightly as she turned her face from her sister. Quinn never asked for Maggie to follow her here, in fact coming to Andromeda had been an effort to break away for all responsibility their family had forced on the dark haired sister.

4Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Quinn...theyre saying you did something bad...what happened?" Maggie didn't leave. Instead she sat down in front of her sister's cell, continuing to ignore the growls on her com. 
Maggie was never built for the military life like the rest of her family. She didn't like to fight or even punish. Her true love was history and shed buried herself in books. But their father had insisted his legacy live on since he had no sons. It didn't matter that Maggie's health should have kept her out of service. It was a closely guarded secret. One of many Quinn was sworn with keeping.

5Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Though he may have had no sons, the elder Talos had treated his youngest as one, as she had the various scars to prove it. He had pushed Quinn hard, as though trying to justify her reason for existing, outside of the main factor. Their parents had been so happy when Maggie was born, until they found out she was sick. That was when they decided to conceive Quinn, she was genetically engineered to be the medicine her elder sibling needed. While her DNA hadn't cured Maggie like was hoped, it had at least stopped the disease from progressing to a terminal stage. Quinn had never had the parental love that Maggie had known, she was no more precious to them than medi-gel. Over the years her military service had earned her several accolades, but their father was never impressed. In a way, Quinn supposed she had come to resent Maggie, despite still loving her. "Does it matter?" Quinn asked, in her usual jaded tone. "No doubt Kandros has told Tann all the lies needed to expedite my removal by now."

6Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why would Kandros do that? You're his right hand." Maggie asked, frowing at the dark haired woman on the other side of the barrier. "Quinn...talk to me." 
Maggie wasn't aware of the reason behind her sister's birth. She only knew that she adored the younger woman. There was no hate in Maggie Talos. People around her often joked she d idnt know what it even meant. 
"I'll talk to him. I'll straighten this out." She promised. "Just tell me what went wrong."

7Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Hate came quite easily to the younger girl, as she had seen darkness in their own galaxy that Maggie could never even imagine. She had been close to earning her N7 rank before they came here, and training had taken her to the worst places imaginable. "There's nothing to tell. You get your ass back to your desk, and this conversation never happened, you hear me?"

8Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What is the matter with you? You really think I'm going to just go to my desk and sit there while you sit...here?" Maggie frowned down at her com. Kandros was getting louder, meaning he was getting closer and angrier. She was running out of time. 
"Talk to me, Quinn. Please?" She pressed, trying hard to keep her calm.

9Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn wasn't saying any more. The less Maggie knew, the less chance there was of her being booted from the Nexus too. The younger woman simply sat there in silence as Kandros came stomping around the corner. "Talos!" He barked, though it was clear he wasn't talking to Quinn from the tone of his voice. "When your commanding officer calls your comm you answer, or did they leave that part out of the 'military for human dummies' manual?"

10Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:15 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Maggie leapt to her feet though it would be clear by the hunch to her shoulders the move hurt her. Only her sister would know this however. "Sorry, sir. I didn't hear you." She lied, her ears turning a brilliant shade of red. She was terrible at lying. 
"Quinn is being accused of something she didn't do. I came here to clear it up before it got out of hand...Sir."

11Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Didn't do? She's honestly sticking to that story?" Kandros asked, casting only a fleeting glance to the other girl. "She conspired with the exiles, gave them the access codes needed to start their revolt, and then aided them in taking supplies when they were cast out as punishment. Yes, so very innocent." He finished with a snort.

12Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Maggie was in pain and this news made it worse. She stepped back, sinking slowly into a nearby chair. She never took her eyes off Kandros, trying to decide whether to believe him or not. Her sister was die hard military. As straightlaced as they came. She wouldn't do something like that. Would she?

13Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn's own face gave little away, it was either a lie, or perhaps she had finally snapped and indeed done what she was accused of.
"Come." Kandros extended a hand to help Maggie back to her feet. "You can't do anything here, and your shift in ops is over. You look tired."

14Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Quinn?" Maggie had yet to move. She glanced at the turian fingers outstretched for her but didn't yet take them. She needed a response from her beloved sister. "Quinn...please...tell me you didn't do that. Tell him. Tell them all. Please?"

15Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Why? You think they will take a human's word over a turian's?" Quinn snorted. "Forget it, Maggie... Let them have their little witch hunt if it helps them sleep." She was looking at Kandros now, something off about the almost caring way to held his hand out to her sister.

16Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You are his second...you have no reason to lie. We are all protecting the Nexus. Like we promised we would." Maggie pressed, her chest beginning to burn. Her sister was more hateful than usual. She was blaming herself. "I'll tell them I did it if that will help. If they need someone to blame. The Nexus needs you."

17Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Don't you dare!" Quinn was on her feet now and slamming a fist into the forcefield, despite knowing it would be rather painful. The younger girl knew her sister would never survive on her own outside of the Nexus.

18Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You hear that, Kandros...Sir? I did it. I gave those people access codes and supplies. Arrest me." Maggie said firmly, her gaze now steadily on the enormous turian towering over her.

19Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Kandros narrowed his piercing blue eyes at the blonde. "I want that prisoner sedated and on the next shuttle to Kadara within the hour, understood?" He told the turian guard, though his eyes never left Maggie's face. He would commit treason himself before he allowed her to sacrifice herself like this. "I'll take this one to the medlab, she sounds delirious."

20Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Maggie shook her head, backing away from Kandros and into the field that kept her from her sister. The sheer agony of it took her breath away. But it wasn't nearly as painful as the betrayal she felt from him. 
He was the head of the militia on the Nexus. He could save her sister. Why didn't he say something?

21Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn pulled her sister away from the forcefield, made sure she was okay then stood up again to glare at Kandros. "Happy?" She spat. "Soon you'll have your little kingdom just how you like it."
Kandros didn't reply, he was already turning away. "Your orders stand, I want Quinn Talos off this station within the hour."

22Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Maggie managed to pull herself to a chair, the edges of her vision beginning to fade. "Please...Quinn...dont leave me..." She whispered before slipping into darkness.

23Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It would be the last words the sisters spoke to each other. True to Kandros's order, Quinn was restrained and sedated. She was at least put back in her armour and helmet, then given a weapon before being dumped, unconscious at Kadara port.
Maggie, meanwhile, had indeed been taken to the medlab. The forcefield had really taken it out of her and no one had been able to rouse her even when her sister was taken away kicking and fighting. Kandros now sat by Maggie's bedside, a datapad in hand as her reviewed security logs and waited for her to wake up.

24Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

When Quinn woke up, there would be a group of street rat asari children trying to pick through her pockets. No one even seemed to notice or care. 

It took Maggie the better part of a day to even open her eyes. The salarian doctor continued to mumble that it shouldn't have taken her so long. Even if she was human. 
When she finally did she turned her head away from Kandros. "You shouldn't be here, sir." She whispered, feeling hoarse and groggy.

25Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn was obviously not in the best of moods when she woke, and pulled her pistol, shooting into the wall nearby to try and scare the children away. They had managed to take the credit chit that Kandros had been oddly kind enough to leave her, not that credits were going to do her much good in a place like Kadara anyway. The young woman pulled herself up into a sitting position, holding her head in her hands without even taking her helmet off. This felt like the grandmother of all bad days.

"Oh? Then where should I be, blondie?" Kandros asked, his lip quirking slightly in amusement. "One of my staff was stupid enough to get herself zapped by a security field, you think that isn't worth my time?"

26Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"For a human you're taking up a lot of space." A salarian sat down beside her, folding his long legs awkwardly. "You look new. Dare I ask what you did?"

"Johhny Marko fell over the balcony last week and I was the only one that showed up down here. Don't give me that." Maggie said softly.

27Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"No." Quinn replied bluntly, knowing better than to trust someone she didn't know, least of all someone from Kadara. "Look... if you think I have anything to trade, you're very wrong."

"Did Johnny Marko wake up in my quarters this morning?" Kandros asked with a smirk, though he kept his rumbling voice low enough for only the two of them to hear.

28Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Oh hardly. I saw the Nexus crew drop you off. That gun isn't even worth the bread in my pocket...though....I'll give you some if it helps?"

Maggie's ears once again turned a deep red. This prompted a visit from the doctor, who mumbled something about a fever. This only caused her color to deepen.

29Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quin glanced down at the pistol against her thigh, and though the alien couldn't see it, she was frowning at him. "Thanks, but i can help myself." She replied before pushing herself wearily to her feet.

Kandros grinned a little more. "Human skin is so fascinating." He purred, tracing a digit against Maggies blushing ear.

30Love and War Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 01, 2017 12:26 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So what did you do? To get yourself booted? Did you sleep with the wrong turian? Did hundred years and they still act like that's a bad thing." 

Maggie squirmed, thinking about the way Kandros had been nibbling on that very spot only that morning. She was practically purple by that point and the salarian was sure she was about to have a seizure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 34]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next