The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love and War

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 34]

1Love and War - Page 9 Empty Love and War Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"I swear to even the Asari goddess that when I get out of here, that lizard Kandros will wish I was an exile for what I'm gonna do to him!" Quinn Talos raged as she was unceremoniously shoved into a holding cell on the operations deck. The dark haired woman paced for time, thinking it was would all be straightened out once Tann got wind of what Kandros had done. She should have known better. As far as she believed, human's still weren't exactly favourites of the other alien species. On earth Quinn had an excellent service record within the Alliance, just as most members of her family did, but she had wanted more. She wanted to explore, to see things no human ever had, which was why she signed up for a place on the Andromeda Initiative. The only problem was, she wasn't the pathfinder, and her superiors didn't believe in security personal leaving the Nexus. As well as she performed her job, the call sign 'Cutie', thanks to her unfortunate initials, meant she wasn't exactly taken seriously. Quinn was slumped on the floor with her back against the wall now, glaring at the Turian guard outside the forcefield. She had fought her hardest for the safety of everyone on the Nexus, and this was her reward; being called a traitor and about to be dumped on some godforsaken planet with the rest of the exile scum. All because Kandros feared losing what little power he had to her. The asshole can keep it, she thought bitterly.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

241Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Sun May 14, 2017 7:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Humans, especially the females, rarely make sense." Quinn assured Tyros, very almost smiling. "Like I told your boss... I don't like any of you, I just didn't want him to get what he wants."

242Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Sun May 14, 2017 9:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros reached up, his long fingers stroking her cheek. "I wish I could have what I wanted." He breathed. "Perhaps...it might not be as hideous as you seem to think..."

"Kandros..." Maggie could barely breathe. Every time she tried it made her chest burn and she wanted to cry. Panicking did nothing but make it worse.

243Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Sun May 14, 2017 9:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Getting what you want... makes a soldier soft." Quinn breathed, words her father had drummed into her, but never her sister. Tyros wouldn't get the chance to tell Quinn she was wrong, as something slammed into their shuttle from the outside. Before they could react the tiny craft was spinning back to the ground, rending all on board unconscious. By the time Quinn woke, her sister would be gone.

244Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 3:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros remembered waking up in the pod, his body alive with agony. Memories that he was sure weren't his own flooded through his mind at a pace that he couldn't keep up with. He had lost them now, barely able to remember anything but the kett and that he was one of them. He wasn't to know that it wasn't always the case. 
When he opened his eyes there was an asari woman leaning over him, hanging a needle in his stomach. "He's still alive." She muttered to someone else. "He's not like the others we've seen."

Maggie woke up with an oxygen mask on and was not a bit surprised. She was however surprised that she was in Kandros' apartment. It made her wonder if maybe shed been dreaming things.

245Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn herself had suffered nothing but superficial injuries, though the doctors noted that she did seem to have a puncture wound as though blood had been drawn quite recently. It was, however, several days later when she finally woke, and complaining of one hell of a headache. The young woman didn't even realise she was back under initiative care.

Kandros was asleep in a chair next to the bed, hunched forward with his head on the sheets near Maggie's hand. The turian had clearly been working until he was beyond exhausted to make sure his lover had everything she needed.

246Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Where did you find the kett?" The turian in the next cell was looking at her with a hateful glare. "A live one at that. You do realize you've basically given yourself a ticket back onto the station?" He growled. 

Maggie felt stronger than she had in months and she knew it was because they had taken her sisters blood. She hated that they had to go that route but the way she felt now she was grateful for it. 
Gingerly she reached out, her fingers brushing Kandros' fringe. He had come for her. When everyone else left her for dead, he'd come after her. That meant something...

247Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 6:21 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Quit yelling!" Quinn howled, holding her head like she had spent the night drinking krogan ale. "Why would they let me back on the station anyway? For all those idiots know he's my partner." She added, never one to simply accept good fortune and ride with it.

Kandros murmured slightly, smiling as Maggie's fingers ran over his fringe. "Maggie..." He breathed her name like it held all the wonders of the universe.

248Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 6:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's not what that kett told the team that recovered the two of you. He told them you were bringing him back to the Nexus in exchange for clemency. He kept talking about freedom. They are holding you until they talk to Kandros and Tann." 

"You're an idiot." Maggie whispered, her fingers shaking. "You could have been killed..."

249Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 7:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Of all the idiotic..." Quinn was on her feet and pacing now. "I wasn't brining anyone anywhere! We were attacked! Wait... Maggie!"

"You'd know all about that, girl." Kandros murmured.

250Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 7:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Maggie?" The turian echoed. "I didn't hear of anyone with that name." 
"Me either." Kesh said as she rounded the corner. "I seriously don't get how you got so Lucky, human. I hear not even your God is that lucky. Or your sister. Either way...we need to talk." 

"I got a message from Quinn saying she needed me. I couldn't just ignore it." Maggie sighed. "I thought it was just something to do with the credits I sent. I never would have guessed it was the kett..."

251Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 8:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Got nothin' to say." Quinn replied stubbornly. "You can that asshole Kandros that he better stay well away from me too, unless he wants to see what his insides look like!"

"Yeah, and you didn't trust me with this information." Kandros replied sadly. "You could have gotten yourself killed out there! You damn well nearly died, good thing I tracked you in time!"

252Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why are you threatening your commander? He sent you undercover to find the kett base on Kadara and not only did you succeed but you came back with a live one. You are to be commended." Kesh said with a smile. "You should be proud."

"She needed me. It's not her fault I panicked." Maggie whispered, ashamed of herself.  "You should have just...whay happened with the station? I thought we were being attacked?"

253Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 8:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That's the story he's got you all believing?" Quinn asked with a disgusted snort. "He wanted me gone so  he could put the moves on my sister, and not worry I can do his job better than he can."

Kandros was still somewhat exhausted and afraid he would say something he would later regret. "She was bait to bring you to them." Was his brief reply.

254Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 9:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Like it's hard to put the moves on your sister." Kesh snorted, trying to get a ride out of Quinn. She seems like she goes for anything that moves."

"I'm not exactly sure what was happening there. She was with this kett who was talking about needing her. And some big guy with a ring on his head was threatening us."

255Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 9:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It didn't exactly work, Quinn actually grinned. "So many people mistake niceness for flirting, that's why I don't have that problem."

"Needing her?" Kandros asked. "Wait, ring on his head?! You saw the Archon?!" He asked, now very much awake and no longer tired. "Shit... If he has an interest in you this can't be good."

256Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Oh honey, I imagine I'd get more dates with humans than you would and I wouldn't even have to open my mouth. " Kesh snorted. "You sound jealous of your sister by the way." 

"No...it wasn't me...i don't think he even cared if I was alive or dead. It was that other kett he wanted. He kept yelling at Quinn to tell him where the broken one was." Maggie explained.

257Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You're assuming I need a date to get the only thing I'd need from a man." Quinn replied, watching Kesh with a curious expression. "Why are you even here?" she asked finally.

"And? Why didn't she?" Kandros asked, seeming rather confused. "Why would she protect one of them?"

258Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 10:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I want to know the real reason you were working with the kett. Why there was a kett on Kandros shuttle. Were you giving your sister to them?"

"I don't know...i kept going in and out but they talked like they had met before. Likevthry knew each other. He said he wanted her to leave me there and the two of them run away." Maggie said. "Has my sister really hated me for that long? How did I miss it?"

259Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Yes. That's exactly it. I got myself kidnapped, allowed the creature to steal my armour and then set me free... just so Maggie would be a dumb little shit and come down to the planet for him to take in my place." Quinn replied rather dryly.

Kandros was pacing now, something he often did while trying to make sense of new information. "So let me see if I got this... Quinn lands in Kadara port, pisses off Ardwin, somehow evades all his goons just so she can shack up with our worst enemy and have him sweep her off her feet so they can fly into the horizon together?" He paused to again fix his gaze on Maggie. "Sorry, love, but as much as I hate your sister, no one can deny how much she loves you and would sacrifice everything to keep you safe."

260Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Speaking of...i intercepted a transmission to Maggie from you saying that you were needed her and to come alone. We're you trying to get her away from Kandros?" Kesh asked. 

"Did you use that against her?" Maggie asked him softly, unable to meet his eyes.

261Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 6:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And why would I need to get her away from Kandros?" Quinn asked, wondering if something had happened that she hadn't seen.

"She tries to control your life, is that really what you want?" Kandros breathed, not answering one way or the other.

262Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Are you going to tell me about the kett you're trying to bring onto the Nexus? Why during his torture he keeps insisting on freedom? Your freedom to be exact?" Kesh went on, crossing her arms over her chest as best she could.

"That's no worse than anyone else I've ever known. Why do you think I was in a hurry to leave the milky way and my parents? Or never tell you about my illness?" Maggie muttered.

263Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 7:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You're torturing him?!" Quinn hissed, now scowling up at Kesh. "What part of the initiative handbook does it say we torture aliens?!"

"I wanted you to have your own life, without her ruling every action you make!" Kandros shot back. "I don't care about your illness, I only wanted you to be a part of my life... as sappy and human as that sounds."

264Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The part where they tortured us first." Kesh growled. "Nevermind what they did to anagrans. And should I mention them turning krogans into monsters too?"

"When did that start? Before my sister was booted off the station you told me to pretend I barely knew you." Maggie said, shaking her head.

265Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"So that's it? We throw our morals aside and do to them what they did to us?" Quinn asked thinly. "That makes us worse than them."

"Your sister was... difficult." Kandros breathed. "She would have made both our lives hell if we were open with our relationship. You really don't see that?"

266Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 10:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We need information." Kesh said. "Tann gave an order. For now so did Kandros so sit tight."

"What would she have done? You were the one talking turian culture." Maggie pointed out.

267Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Tue May 16, 2017 10:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then you should be interrogating me as well." Quinn told Kesh firmly. "After all, I'm either a hero for bringing the kett alive, or a collaborator, and you can't decide which."

"She would have taken my job and had me kicked from the station!" Kandros suddenly shouted. "I just beat her at her own game!"

268Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Kandros decided for us. And the kett says you captured him for freedom. What else do we need?" Kesh asked her.

"What a paranoid thing to say. Why would Quinn want your job?" Maggie wheezed.

269Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Wed May 17, 2017 12:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I see, and you believe the word of a kett over me?" Quinn replied thinly. "Of course... why believe anything a human has to say?"

"Come on, with all those daddy issues she has you think she wouldn't want to make him finally proud of her by taking control of security here?" Kandros replied, still in the dark about Quinn's true issues with their father.

270Love and War - Page 9 Empty Re: Love and War Wed May 17, 2017 1:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I believe Kandros over everyone." Kesh said, her voice almost soft. "He knows you're trying to take over Nexus security from him."

Maggie sighed deeply, exhausted all over again. "Whatever her reasons...no one will be able to take your job from you, Tiran. You have nothing to worry about."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next