Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love and War

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 31 of 34]

1 Love and War on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

"I swear to even the Asari goddess that when I get out of here, that lizard Kandros will wish I was an exile for what I'm gonna do to him!" Quinn Talos raged as she was unceremoniously shoved into a holding cell on the operations deck. The dark haired woman paced for time, thinking it was would all be straightened out once Tann got wind of what Kandros had done. She should have known better. As far as she believed, human's still weren't exactly favourites of the other alien species. On earth Quinn had an excellent service record within the Alliance, just as most members of her family did, but she had wanted more. She wanted to explore, to see things no human ever had, which was why she signed up for a place on the Andromeda Initiative. The only problem was, she wasn't the pathfinder, and her superiors didn't believe in security personal leaving the Nexus. As well as she performed her job, the call sign 'Cutie', thanks to her unfortunate initials, meant she wasn't exactly taken seriously. Quinn was slumped on the floor with her back against the wall now, glaring at the Turian guard outside the forcefield. She had fought her hardest for the safety of everyone on the Nexus, and this was her reward; being called a traitor and about to be dumped on some godforsaken planet with the rest of the exile scum. All because Kandros feared losing what little power he had to her. The asshole can keep it, she thought bitterly.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

901 Re: Love and War on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Kandros nodded, pushing Maggie ahead of him as she silently moved across the room. Once in the bathroom he slid the door closed with just enough of a gap so they could monitor what Hunter was doing out there. Inside the tiny room he held Maggie close whilst trying to think of the best way to get her out of there.

Though she was now sat across Tyros' hips, Quinn had her head bowed somewhat, her dark hair covering her face. "Do the kett have a word for traitor?" She breathed, unable to shake the filthy feeling she had been left with when Maggie had called her such a thing.

902 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:36 pm

The door to the room slid open silently and the enormous kett stepped in, dragging Drak behind him. Maggie whimpered when she saw the ancient krogan, longing to leap our of the closet and attempt to save him. 

"I believe it's the same one for death. Why?" Tyros asked in innocence. He rested his hands on her hips and then slid them up her back, trying  force her to look at him. "But neither of those apply to you, my love."

View user profile

903 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Kandros understood that instinct, because he felt it too, and held Maggie all the tighter for it. "Can't help him if we're dead..." He breathed against her ear.

Tyros did manage to send a delicious shiver down Quinn's spine as he moved his fingers, though she seemed reluctant to lift her gaze. "Maggie called me a traitor. She wont even try to know you... all she sees is a kett. I never thought she of all people would be so shallow." She couldn't yet tell him that the father they had been looking for all this time had more or less agreed with Maggie.

904 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 pm

"Come on now. No sense in hiding. I can smell your fear." Hunter purred. He paused outside the bathroom and cocked his head. "Is there a turian in there? I thought I'd kill all of them..." he took out his gun and looked it over,  smiling to himself.

"Kett hurt her mate, Quinn. You should understand that. From what I understand she saw them hurting him. It would make you mistrust. Wouldn't it?"

View user profile

905 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Kandros was beginning to see little way out of this. It was clear it was Maggie they wanted, so even attempting to sacrifice himself for her was useless.
"How hard is it to find one little human?!" Betty's voice had joined Hunter in the room now, that same demanding tone that it always held.

Quinn swung a slender leg over Tyros so she could remove herself and sit on the edge of the cot she had made for him instead. "Everyone always has an excuse for her." She whispered, then pushed herself up to her feet.

906 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 pm

"It wouldn't be so hard if there weren't so many dead ones hanging about." Hunter snapped. "They are ruining my sense of smell. I'm even thinking I can smell a turian now." 

"Quinn...i don't know how to make you feel better about this." Tyros sighed. "We need to stay as far away from the lot of them as we can. We still need to find out what happened to your father."

View user profile

907 Re: Love and War on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Betty snorted and glanced around the room. "I have no use for a turian." She sniffed rather indignantly. "Never mind, we have the asari and the krogan, that will do. For now."

Quinn was seated at the controls once more, her back to Tyros. Never in her life had she felt this lost. Trapped between so many different emotions, and in danger of shutting out the one who loved her.

908 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:30 am

Tann's ship landed no more than an hour after the kett had left. His men scaled the area and found only Maggie and Kandros alive. 
Tann and the pathfinder were there as Maggie and her turian lover entered the main room. 
"I'm gettin reports that someone caused all this carnage on purpose." The salarian said, keeping his eyes locked on the little blonde human.  Maggie was already squirming,  trying to keep as far away from him as possible. "Kandros? Care to explain?" Tann went on as if he didn't notice.

"Quinn...calm down. It will help...you will see." Tyros grunted. "We can't give up. What will they say if we do?"

View user profile

909 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 am

Kandros was fighting every instinct that told him to rip this damn salarian's head off. As it was, he pushed Maggie behind him, not wanting Tann to even look at her. "For once you're actually right." He replied, though the hate dripped off his every word. "Quinn Talos shut down the defences and let the kett in. They took everyone."

"I don't think I'm strong enough." She whispered, though was jabbing angrily at the controls.

910 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:13 pm

"Indeed. And once again it seems a miracle that Tiran Kandros survives. Tann snorted, casting a meaningful look at the pathfinder. "Do not think I am unaware of your part in this." He added coldly. "Head to the medics and get checked out. Both of you."

Tyros sighed and closed his eyes. There was no arguing with her when she got like this. He knew better.

View user profile

911 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Kandros continued to fight his desire to hurt this man, but he was thinking of Maggie first. He knew how much the previous nights events must have drained her, emotionally as well as physically. "Come on, you need some rest." He breathed, pulling Maggie's tight to his side, though his watchful gaze never left Tann. He wouldn't do it here, with so many witnesses, but that man was going to pay.

It was quite some time later when Quinn was simply staring at the view screen, the tiny escape pod drifting in front of her. She hadn't woken Tyros, or contacted Qim, seemingly frozen in place as she planned her next move.

912 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:53 pm

"You heard what I said." Tann said firmly, his eyes sliding over Maggie. The little blonde winced, staring hard at the floor. "Those kett are filled with disease after all. Can't be too careful."

Qim coughed, leaning his head on the console in front him. He was exhausted and hopeless. He had given up on everything for the first time in his life. His beloved was gone and so were his girls. Everything he'd fought so hard had faded away like space dust. All of it worthless. A lot like he was.

View user profile

913 Re: Love and War on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 pm

"Kett aren't the ones I should have been careful of." Kandros spat, his grip on Maggie tightening. "Some snakes sit right out in the open."

Quinn still didn't wake Tyros as she silently moved past him to the cargo hold. Their ship was small, but she was able to scoop the escape pod into the hold with little incident. The young woman hadn't contacted Qim before salvaging the pod, afraid she would lose her nerve and turn the ship around if she spoke to him.

914 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am

"You see what I'm talking about?" Tann again looked at the pathfinder. "He is delusional. Even though he no longer has his job he believes himself in charge and important. This is dangerous. He won't even allow his mate to be checked out. When she clearly needs to be seen." He snorted, gesturing at the shivering Maggie. 

Qim burst into the hold the moment his pod door was opened,  a gun in hand. It was clear by the stance he took that he had been in a fight before and not a good one.

View user profile

915 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

The pathfinder seemed rather silent, glancing between Tann and Kandros. Unfortunately for Tann, he had always been rather irritating to her, but even she couldn't act without proof. "Then perhaps we should quit stalling and find the taken crew, so Maggie's own doctor can aid her?" She suggested rather diplomatically.

Quinn also had her gun drawn, after everything that had happened to her, she simply couldn't take any risks. "Why would I rescue your pod, just to kill you?" She asked, giving nothing away with either her expression or her tone.

916 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Tann let out an exasperated growl and stomped off, his hands in the air. 
Maggie visibly sagged, a shaky breath leaving her. Jaal turned his head to look them over, her actions not lost on him. 

"Quinn..." the quarian sagged with relief, replacing his gun. He wanted to hug his youngest child but he didn't dare. He could sense that she was wary of him. "You are not the first to open this pod. Though you are the first to do it so kindly."

View user profile

917 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 pm

The pathfinder was smiling as she watched Tann leave. "I love ruining his day." She commented rather cheerfully.

Quinn still held her gun, though her lavender gaze flicked to the battered escape pod. Her eyes lingered there for a moment, then she lowered her weapon. "Your pod was emitting a low range beacon, we should get out of here before anyone nearby shows up. Then you can tell me everything, okay?"

918 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm

"I wish it were that easy for everyone." Maggie breathed, turning to head the other way. She was exhausted. Her body had gone as far as it could. 

"Agreed. " Qim said,  knowing exactly who had the beacon on his pod. This wasn't going to be an easy escape.

View user profile

919 Re: Love and War on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 pm

"Maggie..." Kandros pulled her to a halt once they were alone. "Will you please rest? Finding the taken colonists and crew members isn't our job."

Quinn nodded and gestured for Qim to follow her. "Before I fully trust you... I need to know if you can keep an open mind." She asked, seemingly out of the blue.

920 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:57 am

Maggie didn't look at Kandros. She didn't know what to say or do. Everything for them was ruined and it was her fault. "Tiran..." She had to do this. For both their sakes she had to let him go. "I...i don't want to be with you any more." She couldn't tell him she didn't love him. That would be a lie. "Just...dont...i can take care of myself..." She muttered, all but choking on the words.

"I am your father, child. It stings that you would think that I couldn't." Qim said softly, following her. "Especially after helping create two quarian daughters with a human lover." He added, shaking his head.

View user profile

921 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:31 am

The words stabbed at Kandros like a knife, but it didn't show. Maggie didn't need him getting emotional. "I don't care what you can do, I'm not leaving." He told her simply, despite his heart breaking at the thought that Tann had driven them to this moment.

Quinn paused, but didn't turn to look at the man who said he was her father. "Funny... Maggie had no problem condemning me though."

922 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Maggie could not forget the dark look or the hesitation in her lover's response to being told she was all right. "Tiran, this not a hero moment." She snapped. "We are done. Don't hang on to something you don't want. Admit it." She spat. "Even before...this...you were never going to marry me. You've been ashamed of me this entire relationship. This...just tops it off. We're done. Goodbye, Kandros. Give your hero speech to someone who doesn't disgust you." Maggie added with a hiss that made her chest hurt. She marched away from him, her head held high. She'd curl up and cry when no one could see her. She simply couldn't afford that now. 

"Maggie is so much like her mother. They wear their feelings on their shoulders. If someone hurts them they are quick to push away rather than be hurt again." Qim said sadly. "You and I seem to have the stance idea that everyone deserves a second, third, millionth chance. We get hurt long before anyone else. It's a terrible trait to have , my dear. I'm sorry to have passed it on."

View user profile

923 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Kandros was left to simply sit outside the clinic, staring at the wall across from him as he tried to understand where he had gone wrong. Had he truly made Maggie feel so unloved and unworthy? If anyone even cared to look for him a short while later, they would find the once proud turian in the vortex bar, bringing something that didn't even have a name, he had simply asked for something to make him forget.

"Maggie had everything... Everyone. I found someone I loved, who cared if I lived or died... She called me a traitor. Is that how family works?" She breathed, finally glancing back over her shoulder.

924 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Tann was giddy. He was watching Kandros at the Vortex, motioning for the asari to keep the drinks flowing. He already had one of his people check her over when she'd collapsed in the hall. He was also excited to learn that she was carrying his child. He'd won. It had been easy.

"Surprisingly enough yes. The saying humans have about blood being thicker than water is hardly true. They are often the first to slit one another's throat. Look at your step father." Qim told her. "So what is this that you are showing me?"

View user profile

925 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Kandors didn't think it in that moment, but he had much more room in his head for self loathing. That would come when he found out Tann had once again played them both.

"Funny part is, humans got their own words wrong. 'Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb', proof that humans will twist anything to suit their agenda." Quinn replied, sound utterly exhausted and like she was about to give up on everything. "I'm guessing you've met the kett?"

926 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:13 pm

When it was time for the Vortex to close, Kandros would be arrested for public drunkenness. The turians who threw him in the hold were far from kind. They mocked him openly. Called him a fool for allowing someone else take his security job. 

"The boshtits shot me in the stomach and took the drell I was trying to heal. Nevermind the ship we arrived on." Qim grumbled. "Why?"

View user profile

927 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Kandros barely even registered what they were saying, though eh tried to fight them anyway. The turian did indeed make a fool of himself, falling on his face as he swung for one of the other men.

"As you wouldn't punish all humans for the misdeed of one, you wouldn't do the same to a kett, right?" She asked uncertainly.

928 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Kandros would not find himself a friend of these men. In fact the next morning he would find himself in the infirmary.
Tann was seated next to him when he woke, a wicked grin on his face.

"I'm not sure...what are you getting at little one?" Qim asked, cocking his head. "You are worrying me."

View user profile

929 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Kandros could barely open his eyes when he woke that morning. That would have been the case even if he hadn't been beaten, given how much engine fuel-like alcohol he had consumed. The large turian simply groaned, the first attempt at opening his eyes not all that successful, given the brightness of the infirmary lights.

Quinn didn't elaborate, instead she simply jabbed at the door controls, and stepped aside so Qim could see the injured kett lying on the make shift cot.

930 Re: Love and War on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 pm

"Is this where I begin to gloat or shall I wait until your execution date?" Tann asked. His grin wider than ever. "You are making this far too easy. I should thank you." 

Qim said things in his native tongue that probably would have gotten him kicked off the main ship. But after a moment he calmed down and simply stared at the wounded creature. "All right..." he said to his daughter, turning to look at her, "I'm listening."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum