The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love and War

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 27]

1Love and War - Page 23 Empty Love and War Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"Maggie, you were attacked." Kandros replied firmly, though he still didn't open his eyes. "I never hated you, only what that bastard did to you."

"Brave? That woman?" Quinn snorted. "I hardly think so. She was a brainless idiot who only cared what would make her dear husband happy."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

661Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros sighed as he sat down on the bench near where the people of Eos were having a military funeral. He watched it, remembering the man he had fought with and missing the woman who'd been the reason for it all. 

"You know I'm not capable of that." Lori breathed, feeling as if her chance to save Brutus was gone.

662Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"This is all your fault." Quinn growled as she sat down beside Tyros. "Everyone falls for her in the end. How could they not?" She added, intentionally not mentioning her mother's name.

"Then you have nothing I want, girl." Betty replied coolly. "You either get strong and bring me Quinn's head, or you let your boyfriend die."

663Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I don't want to be alone." Tyros admitted. "Betty offered me something you cannot. You don't even try. It may not mean anything to her but she offers it any way."

"I can see it was a mistake calling you." Lori said, shaking her head. "You always asked more than I could give when you came back. I knew it was because like the General you blamed me for what happened." She turned off the monitor and knelt beside Brutus, resting her head on his shoulder. Once again she had failed someone she loved and once again she was going to have to be there with them while they slipped away. "I'm so sorry, bull. I tried. I really did. I..i love you so much." She whispered. Never realizing it was the first time she'd ever said it aloud to him.

664Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:54 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That's not love what she gives." Quinn whispered, knowing from experience. "She's no more than a siren. She gives you what you think you want, then dries you up until there's nothing left."

Brutus lifted a heavy hand to gently touch Lori's cheek. "Not your... fault." He told her with a laboured breath, having heard the conversation. "You should.... leave. Not safe." He insisted, knowing that if he truly was dying, Reegar would want Lori back for his own gain.

665Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Maybe i want her to do that!" Tyros hissed. "Maybe i want her to make a meal of me and space my husk! It would be better than the life I'm living with now. This is hell, knowing the only woman I ever truly loved without question hates me."

"Lori's own cool fingers touched his own and she sniffed back a sob. "It's ok. We're fine. You're fine. You just rest. I have more medigel right here."

666Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You can always go back to your wife, you know." Quinn breathed, even if she knew exactly what he meant. Despite that, she didn't even know what Ardwinnhad done with the female drell.

"Princess... it's okay." Brutus breathed. "I'm surprised I'm still alive... honestly." He managed to confess. "Never thought... I'd wake... from cryo."

667Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My wife never loved me." Tyros said softly. "Either of them. It would seem I have become a bit of a cosmic joke. Wouldn't you say?"

Lori spread the last of the gel along the red hot infection, her hands shaking. "I wish I hadn't." She confessed.

668Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Boo-fucking-hoo." Quinn muttered, staring down at where her fists were clenched as her hands rested on her knees. "I won't apologise for doing what needed to be done. Not for any of it. You say I never loved you, but you trivialise the things I did for you, that I let be done to me."

Brutus reach a hand up and rested it over hers, holding it against the wound as he felt her shake. "Said I'm surprised... not that I... regret it." He told her, trying to sound firm.

669Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why are we sitting here talking this to death?" Tyros asked after several minutes of silence. A large krogan broke the silence, reading passages from a turian military book. A lot if people had shown up for this particular funeral. "It isn't going to change anything, I ruined everything. Saying I'm sorry isn't going to fix it."

"I tried. Reegar wouldn't give me anything unless I slept with him. I...stole everything I could, bull. I wish you would have listened when I said leave me alone. All of this...you could be far from it...with madam Rachel."

Connor was sickly and quiet when Betty's men brought him onto the ship. 
He sat in a chair near her, and shook. "Where is my teacher? Did you bring him too?" He asked quietly.

670Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"That's just it. It would have." Quinn breathed as she pushed back to her feet. "But you never gave me chance. You saw what you wanted to, and that was it." She glanced over at the funeral once last time, before walking away. She needed a ship, and would soon realise Amus was gone.

"That... fucking....dirty... goddamn suit rat!" Brutus snarled when Lori confessed this, doing his best to sit up. 

Betty's full lips curled into a smile as she watched her grandson. "Oh no, we left the brute to die." She told him as though she were confessing to forgetting to buy his favourite food from the store.

671Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros sighed leaning back against the bench and closing his eyes. Not a moment of third was the way he'd seen his life going. Before he knew what was happening he was asleep.

"Bull, stop. You're wasting your energy. It doesn't matter now." Lori said. Even near death he was extremely strong. She couldn't keep him down. 

Connor's shoulders sagged further. "Reegar killed Loralie and her family. He called them weak and embarrassing. Not fit for a prince. He made me execute them.
"I need to get Brutus...i told you I wouldn't leave without him. Please, grandmother?"

672Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:14 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn too had fallen asleep, though she was in the engine room of her crippled ship. She had tried to fix the damage Tyros had caused, but in the end she had simply sobbed until she was too exhausted to do anything else. 

Brutus wasn't listening. He was stumbling with a hand pressed to his wound now, intent on killing Reegar himself for what the bastard had done. "I got this... princess. That son of a bitch... I won't let him hurt what I love."

"And how did that make you feel, killing them?" Betty pressed, genuinely curious after Lori had refused to take Quinn's life to save her Bull.

673Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros would later wonder how he got there but he would wake to find himself on the floor beside Quinn. His arms were wrapped tightly around her and his face was buried in her hair. 

"Bull..." Lori caught his arm and tried to pull him back to the bed. "Don't. Please? Lay back down. Let me get something to drink. Ok? How about some tea? Leave the old bastard alone. Just...stay with me..." she pleaded.

"How does it make you feel to kill? Bring my teacher here and I'll answer anything you want." Connor told her.

674Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn hadn't stirred even a little when Tyros had pulled her into his arms. Quite the opposite. The young woman's slender legs had tangled with his own, this position both familiar and comforting.

"And what happens when I'm gone?" Brutus asked, his anger seeming to give him a renewed strength. "Who will stop him taking you by force?!"

"Killing is such a waste." Betty corrected. "So many ways to make a body sing..." She added, her golden eyes almost half lidded at the memory of what she had done to her youngest child, even as her hand rested on the swell of her belly.

675Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Tyros too found this to be comforting. He'd slept alone for what felt like forever. His body yearned for Quinn. He'd almost forgotten what that felt like. It wasn't until she was beneath him that he woke up, too late discovering the two of them were already in the middle of the act. If she woke up as well, she was going to murder him. But it was too late and he loved her. He might as well worship her as he'd always done and hope she believed herself to be dreaming.

Lori didnt answer, her hair falling into her face. She didn't know what she was going to do. She was again feeling lost and afraid. "I'm not going to kill for her. God, bull, I'm so weak and stupid. I can't save you. By selling myself or killing my sister. I'm a horrible person."

Connor didn't answer. He got out of his seat and moved back toward the airlock. "I'll get him myself. I'm sorry I called you. I thought...you would help me." He said softly. "I even brought you a present..."

676Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:49 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

And that was exactly what Quinn believed. Or perhaps it was simply what she wanted. Even though Tyros was treating her so gently and like she was the most precious thing in the world, years still leak d down her temples as she let his name reverently tumble past her lips. Quinn wept because she knew this couldn't be real. She couldn't go back to what they had before.

"No, you're a good person, and that's exactly why you can't kill." Brutus told Lori, tilting her chin up and gently brushing his lips to her own. "You are so much better than any of them."

"I will help you, child." Betty called after her grandson. "But there are a great many people out there who would use you against me. Though I can help you, it doesn't make you safe."

677Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

When Quinn awoke she would find her ship repaired and a near death Amus lying on the floor nearby. Tyros was gone. 

"Please, Brutus...don't leave me..." Lori begged. "I love you. I need you. I..." she could feel him sagging. She knew he couldn't hold it together anymore. "Come lay down. I have the Generals wine." She breathed. "The one for special occasions...remember?"
Lori didnt quite understand what happened next. Several kett burst in and took them both. Hours passed and she was alone in an ornate bedroom, locked in without anyone to talk to or tell her Brutus' fate.

Connor worked alongside Betty to help his teacher. Already he looked better.  
"I'll tell you one of the gifts I got you...or made actually. It's a tracker. When I attacked the younger turian and tore into his stomach, I put it there. You'll be able to find Quinn now. He'll lead you right to her."

678Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn woke to find herself naked, and somehow even more tired than she had been before she fell asleep. The young woman would b left feeling embarrassed that what she thought was a wonderful, if sad, dream had caused her to undress without realising. Not that she had time to dwell on it, she saw Amus and was quick to replace her clothing and armour once she realised the ship was fixed. 
"You idiot..." she breathed, touching his face in a gentle way she had never done before. "I should finish you off myself..."

Brutus was finally free from pain, though it hadn't put him at ease. He had shouted repeatedly for someone to tell him where Lori was and why he was even still alive. That wasn't what kett did. It had been intended that he was too out of it to see Connor's face during all this.

Betty genuinely smiled at her grandson, even reaching out to touch his face lightly. "My sweet boy, you are too good to me."

679Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I shot my brother." Amus wheezed. "I didn't get...Reegar showed up...sorry Captain..."

Lori finally passed out, the days and nights of no sleep getting better of her. She dreamed of her mother's death and funeral. How she hated the funeral.

Connor blushed deeply. "I also ...made this..." he held out an ornate blade with intricate designs on the steel it was sharp enough to cut through bone. "Lori showed me one in an ancient book she had. It's called a misery chord." He told her softly, not daring to meet her eyes. "People would carry them into the battle field and use them on those who were dying. More often than not they just killed. Hence the misery part."

680Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"It's okay." Quinn breathed, being surprisingly gentle as she pressed a hand to his wound. "We'll get the rat, I swear."

Brutus Continued to pound on the door for some time before he simply slid to the ground, feeling he had failed Lori.

"Connor..." Betty had never seen anything so beautiful as she took the blade carefully in her hands. "You will never stop amazing me, will you?" She asked in the gentle way so never spoke to any one else.

681Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Six days passed before Amus was able to tell Quinn what had happened. "That hulking shadow we saw was my middle brother. Odd thing was, last time we saw each other he shot me in the ear cause dad told him to." Amus said, grunting as he tried to sit and eat the food Quinn brought him.

Connor blushed again, shuffling his feet. "I can make you something else if it's too dark and demented. Brutus said it was too dark for a lady."

682Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Is that why you never listen to me?" Quinn asked with a smirk. Six days had been vary too long for her to dwell on the vivid dream she had had about Tyros while they had still been on Eos. For now she was choosing to do what she did best; bury her emotions.

"Good thing I'm no lady, isn't it?" Betty asked with a grin. "It's beautiful, Connor. Almost too beautiful to even use. Only almost though, because I can't wait to use it."

683Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Huh?" Amus asked with a wicked grin. "Did you say something , Captain?" He reached out and brushed his talons along her upper arm. "Thanks for saving me. You didn't have to. I failed you."

Gingerly Connor offered his grandmother a gentle hug. "I'm so glad you like it." He whispered. "I love you."

684Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Damn right you did." Quinn replied, though there was no real anger in her voice. "You owe me a new coolant system too, seeing as the ship and crew were decimated while you chased a little kid." She added with a smirk. The ship was much too hot for a human or a quarians liking, explaining why Amus was able to trace his captains bare arm; her armour was in pieces on the ground as beads of sweat ran down her temple. Quinn still wore the clothing that had been under her armour, but that was also damp with sweat. Had she not worried for her second in command, Quinn would have docked on another planet by now and paid for the repairs.

As she hadn't been much of a mother to her youngest two daughters, Betty wasn't used to hugs. It only took her a moment however to relax and return Connor's embrace. Lori had always been so smart, while Maggie was a true people pleaser, despite her sickness. Then there was Quinn... Betty had liked that child least of all, only down to the fact that the youngest girl was far too much like her. It was painful to look into the eyes of another and see how much they would destroy to protect something they cherished. Connor was different. He had just proven this fact by confessing the innocent love she always craved, despite him knowing his only parental figure was a cold and cruel woman. "Tell me..." She breathed, stroking a hand gently over his hair. "Has the sickness faded? No more need for a breather?" Betty added, afraid that Quim's blood had made the boy too weak.

685Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I could pount out that you wanted me too." He sighed, replacing his fingers with a light kiss.

The door opened and Brutus was led the room where Lori lay sleeping on the bed.  "Captain says keep ypur hands to yourself. You life is still very fragile turian."

"I am working on something that will sit inside my chest and work where my heart and lungs have failed. I was hoping you might help me with it. Unless...its asking too much?" Connor grinned in a teasing way.

686Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I do not want you..." Quinn breathed, misinterpreting his words as her lips touched her clammy flesh. The young woman hadn't really slept much while she had been taking care of her second in command, else she would never have let her guard down enough to allow hi, to touch her as he was doing right then.

"The hell it is." Brutus snorted as he lay down beside Lori once they had been left alone. He simply pulled her gently against him and breathed in the clean scent of her azure hair.

"Hearts are only good for breaking anyway." Betty replied with a grin. "But perhaps we use that as a last resort, hmm?"

687Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What?" Amus looked devastated and was quick to pull his hand away. "I'm not sure why." He muttered, feeling embarrassed. "Is it because I'm not a drell?"

"Bull." Lori breathed the name shed given him, a smile sliding over her lips. She believed herslf to be dreaming. 

"I don't want you to be ashamed of me." Connor admitted. "I want to be strong so I can take care of you, grandmother. "

688Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:01 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Quinn was rather quick to try and out her mask back in place as she scowled at Amus. "It's because you're a man." She told him thinly, not appreciating him bringing the drell up at all.

"Told you, princess..." he breathed into her hair as his arms hugged her a little tighter. "The bull doesn't die."

"Oh Connor..." Betty touched his cheek again lightly. "I could never be ashamed of you. I am only sorry you were trapped with Reegar for so long without proper guidance."

689Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:20 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Wait...Captain...I'm sorry. I had no right." Amus confessed. "You seem to like when others are cruel to you. I thought perhaps you would have more respect for me."

"Brutus!" She couldn't help but sob as he wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his chest and cried until she couldn't catch her breath, doing the very thing she had allowed herself to. 

[size=47]Connor was grinning from ear to ear as he turned to  leave. "I'm here now, aren't I? If you'll have me?"[/size]

690Love and War - Page 23 Empty Re: Love and War Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Those words damn near broke Quinn. She had tried so hard to not be broken by everything that had happened, that she had become the very woman she despised the most; her mother. "I'm cruel to keep others away, and myself safe. It's not because I enjoy it." She breathed.

Brutus allowed Lori to sob, knowing how hard she had tried to be strong and brave for him. "I won't tell if you won't." He teased gently.

Betty almost seemed sad as she smiled at her grandson. She almost told hm she pushed everyone away in the end. "Just you try and leave."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next