Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-operation

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

1 Co-operation on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

"No. Absolutely not!" Ruby Lockhart's grey eyes were narrowed in defiance, despite the fact she was stood in her commander's office right then. "Bringing them in will only bring more questions and red tape!" She insisted, her slender fists balled up by her sides.
"This isn't a discussion, Lockhart. I have my orders, and now you have yours." The grey haired man told her, though he sounded somewhat weary, like he was all too accustomed to these childish outbursts. "You are to meet your new partner at 8pm and brief them on the case. The sooner we clear this whole mess up, the sooner I can go back to letting you do things your way, alright? Believe me, I don't want these blind fools involved anymore than you do, but this last case has made local news. We need to stop it before it goes national, or global."
Ruby's lips pursed together as she continued to scowl, seeming to be considering all this new information. There was a reason she didn't have a partner; no one could put up with her hotheaded, shoot first ask questions later attitude. It created mountains of paper work, but unfortunately she came from a long line of the divisions pure bred hunters, and her skills were... invaluable. 
"Fine!" She huffed at last. "But if this yokel ends up dead because they couldn't do what I said or panics when faced with the truth, I won't be held to blame!" Having said that, she stormed from the office, waves of dark hair swinging behind her before the door slammed shut.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

391 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm

“What’s to stop her becoming one too?” Jett asked, able to practically smell the darkness that had pulled the fae from the mortal coil.

“Then you need to be punished.” Ruby replied with a wolfish grin.

392 Re: Co-operation on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:36 pm

"I don't know and I don't care. She deserves to suffer the darkness like I have." Red said. "Take the gift I have given you and don't worry about the rest. The order will ruin the both of you soon enough, you'll see." He added before he and the far disappeared.

"Your place or mine? And are we using whips, chains or both?" Tobias purred, pulling her against him, a sparkle in his eyes.

View user profile

393 Re: Co-operation on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Jett exhaled heavily, wondering how much more could go wrong. Although, even he knew better than to think that. Usually the universe took that as a challenge. “I wish you were awake...” he breathed, taking hold of Piper’s hand. “I... miss you.”

Ruby returned his grin and shook her head. “It’s supposed to be a punish,ent, you would enjoy all of those things far too much. No, I believe... kittens and ice cream will be your punishment.” She told him with a firm nod this time. “Yep... you have to eat an entire tub of ice cream while I toss kittens at you.”

394 Re: Co-operation on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Piper's fingers tightened around his and she took in a gasping breath. "J..ett..." The whisper was enough to crack the universe itself.

"You wouldn't dare." Tobias' horrified look spoke volumes. 
The orc on the other hand felt that he was truly missing out on something.

View user profile

395 Re: Co-operation on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Jett’s head shot up, unashamed joy in his bright sapphire eyes when he heard thE faint whisper of his name on Piper’s lips. “Silly girl... you scared me.” He breathed, something he would never admit to anyone else, not even his twin.

“You’re right...” Suddenly Ruby’s grey eyes sparkled with their own mischief. “I don’t need you for that... I could just eat ice cream by myself while wrapped up in my own silk sheets.” She agreed, though it wouldn’t help Bastion understand them any better.

396 Re: Co-operation on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 pm

"Are you all right?" Piper breathed, trying to sit up and look him over. "You're white as a sheet. "Did something happen?" 

"As long as I can watch. I can deal with that."  Tobias purred, still ignoring the orc. "As long as you are naked." He decided to add with a wicked grin.

View user profile

397 Re: Co-operation on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Jett couldn’t answer for some breathless moments. What was he supposed to tell her? That both of her parents had been here? That her father had been here this whole time and not cared to speak to her? Or how about that her mother had been torn from life by some dark demon that even Jet could not name. “I. Just glad you’re okay.” In the end, he couldn’t trouble Piper with any of that’s darkness.

Ruby grinned wolfishly at the thought. “I’ve actually missed you suddenly sneaking up on me while I try to shower.” She teased.

398 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Piper smiled at him, sliding her arms around his neck like she had so often when then were kids. "I had the most wonderful dream. I almost wished I didn't have to wake up." She buried her face against his hair and began to cry softly. Even if she didn't know why, there was a sadness here that wouldn't leave her. 

Tobias held her face in his hands, his rough thumbs rubbing her temples. "I've simply missed you, Ruby. I must confess it. These days away from you have been hell."

View user profile

399 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Jett held her tight, in the protective way he always had done, even if they had drifted apart after their teen years. “Want to tell me about it?” He breathed, but made no effort in the least to let his arms slide away from her.

Ruby felt her eyes flutter slightly, in the same satisfied way he would stroke her hair in the brief moments he had lay next to her. It didn’t last, and soon her grey eyes were looking up at him again as her dark brow furrowed slightly. “Days?” She echoed. “Tobi... you were gone for months.” She breathed.

400 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Piper shook her head after a while. "You'd just laugh at me." She whispered. "Can we go home now? I have a feeling the werewolf left a mess for me to clean up." She said, unaware that their apartment had burned to the ground. Piper, it seemed had the worst luck. Or perhaps...someone wanted her to...

Tobias frowned at this and rubbed his neck. "Months...days... what's the difference?" He muttered, trying to be as elusive as possible. Time had passed and he knew it. But in his haze of darkness and pain he hadn't known how much...

View user profile

401 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm

“No. It’s not safe right now.” He didn’t need to tell her too much truth right away. “Until things settle, we’re living with Ruby.” Jett added,  eg,eating to mention that Ruby didn’t even know this yet.

Ruby took a step backwards, openly scowling at her lover now. “What’s the difference?” She asked thinly, her tone alone making it clear how thin the ground Tobias was treading on was right then. “What’s the difference?! You left me, Tobias! You left without a word, without anything!” Ruby knew she had no right the be reacting this was, after all... until five minutes ago what she and Tobias had couldn’t even be considered a relationship.

402 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Piper looked even less certain about than before. She and Ruby hadn't exactly been getting along lately. 

Lucky for Tobias Aren entered the room, cutting off his chance to answer. "There is a witch causing trouble downtown. Ruby, take your new partner and shut her down." He instructed, giving Tobias a dark look as he spoke.

View user profile

403 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 pm

“I’m sorry, I know her apartment is pretty depressing.” Jett teased when he saw Piper’s reaction, simply wanting to cheer her up. Ljust like her, I guess, huh?”

Ruby continued to watch a Tobias for a moment longer, giving him a chance to say something, though she knew he wouldn’t. “Yes. Sir.” She finally told Aren thinly before both she and Bastion disappeared in the same kind of swirl of smoke that had nauseated the orc the last time.

404 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Piper sighed softly. "It was such a beautiful dream. We are so happy. Do you remember being happy? I wish we could be happy. Just us...but...you don't belong to me..."

"Did you smell the blood on those two?" Bastion asked, when he got over his moment of stomach ache. "It belonged to the big one. Not the elf but they both carried the scent...why?"

View user profile

405 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm

It killed Jett a little inside to hear Piper say that. “Silly girl... i’ve never belonged to anyone else.” He breathed, stroking a rough thumb against her cheek.

“That’s something you’ll have to ask them.” Ruby replied curtly, clearly trying very hard to keep her emotions from getting the better of her when her partner spoke of Tobias’ blood.

406 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm

"We both know you don't need me." Piper said sadly. "I mean...I'm a great roommate and all but... that's not what you need. Not anymore." 

Bastion frowned at her, wondering why she had shut him down when he'd so obviously been trying to tell her something important. He was torn from his thoughts as an angry scream sounded. Maybe this was better than talking about another Hunter's blood and pain anyhow.

View user profile

407 Re: Co-operation on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 pm

“It’s not what either of us need.” Jett replied, his gaze holding Piper’s steadily. “But you never could believe what was right in front of you, huh?” He added sadly, recalling the many times Poper had simply turned down any attention he showed her. As a teen he had been blind to anything that may have happened to his sister, all because he saw no one but Piper.

As Tobias had pointed out, Ruby never worked with a partner. It simply wasn’t in her nature to rely on anyone for anything, and odd attitude for someone who was a twin. It hadn’t always been that way. The moment Pigpen had forced himself on her, and she had simply had to allow it to happen, all to keep her best friend safe... that was when Ruby stopped trusting. Bastion telling her Aren stank of Tobias’ blood didn’t change anything; it was still a problem she would rather face alone.
The female hunter didn’t seem to be worried by the screams, she simply seemed irritated to have to follow the sound.

408 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am

"You laughed at me that night, Jett. You made a fool out of me. I stopped believing in alot of things after that." She admitted.

Bastion stomped after Ruby, irritated that the human Hunter had taken his guns. No one trusted him. He was getting sick of it.

View user profile

409 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 am

Jett couldn’t hide the hurt in his bright sapphire eyes, even when he looked away. “You didn’t want me.” He told Piper quietly. “My own blood didn’t, I should’ve known better than to believe someone like you would.” Apparently Jett was just as vulnerable as the rest of them.

Ruby didn’t even care that she could be walking into a trap. She could already feel the control of her magic slipping, just as it had done the last time Tobias and Jett had had to rescue her.

410 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Piper pulled herself to sitting Indian style and frowned at him. "You think that's why we went our separate ways that night? Seriously?  It's because you laughed at me when I asked you to stop. I got scared, Jett. I was scared of what was going to happen." She admitted. "I was...I was scared it was going to hurt. Not just physically but...I was scared it was going to change us. That I wasn't going to do it right and you were going to leave..." A single tear hit the sheets between them. In the silence it sounded like a gunshot. "But you left anyway..."

"Ruby...maybe..." Bastion could feel the charge in the air and something in him was telling him to keep her from stepping into the downtown street. His stomach was churning. "Ruby...wait..."

View user profile

411 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Jett couldn’t look at Piper when he heard that tear drop. They had misunderstood each other for so long now. “I laughed because I felt the same. Because I was scared that you weren’t just some girl... you were the girl.” He confessed, wishing he didn’t remember that night so vividly. “I wanted everything to change, and I guess it hurt that you didn’t. Friends was enough for you.”

“What? You want to tell me what a failure I am too?” The dark haired woman snapped, still rather raw from her words with Tobias.

412 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 pm

"Jett..." Piper reached out and touched his face. "Friends is enough when it comes with the benefit of being with you..." 

"What? No. I was hoping you'd tell me what to do in a situation like this. No one told me anything about facing a witch. Is there something I need to take besides a knife?" Bastion asked nervously.

View user profile

413 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:55 pm

“That’s no benefit for anyone.” Jett breathed, leaning his cheek into Poper’s palm as he placed his hand over her own.

“Your wits.” Ruby replied. The young woman was somewhat thankful that Bastion had yet to assume like many others that witches and sorceresses were one in the same. “A witch is not unlike an animal when cornered, and will do or say anything she can to make you sympathise with her.”

414 Re: Co-operation on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 pm

"it's always been one to me." Piper whispered, leaning forward to press her lips to his. 

"So should I not believe anything she says or just some of them?" The orc asked, worriedly pulling at his green fingers.

View user profile

415 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Jet was careful with Piper, not wanting her to feel she was being forced into anything. He gently slid his fingers into her flame coloured hair as he pulled her closer.

“If you want to survive to be my partner, don’t trust anything she says, not until you can see the lies for yourself.” Ruby warned.

416 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 pm

"Jett, we need to go." Tobias' gruff voice sounded from the doorway. "Your sister is going to need our help."

"You're not going to leave me, are you?" Bastion sounded a little uncertain. It wasn't the first time someone had betrayed him.

View user profile

417 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 pm

“Name a time when that hasn’t been true?” Kett asked just a gruffly as he turned his head to look at Tobias.

“Despite what people say about me, I’m not a flake.” Ruby assured Bastion. “I wouldn't abandon anyone to a witch. Well... maybe Aren.” She added with a wry grin.

418 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:59 pm

"The order set loose a witch that never should have been taken out of her cell. Yella. Last time it took both Ruby and myself and all of our magic to take her down. Aren sent in your sister and an untrained orc." Tobias was looking over his weapons while he spoke, his voice gruff.

Bastion returned the grin, nervously stepping out in the street. A magical blast sent him flailing back into the alley. He fell to the ground and didn't get back up.

View user profile

419 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 pm

“Well shit...” Jett muttered as he ran his fingers through his dark hair. “What did she do to piss them off this time? Can’t think of any other reason the order would set free something you already hunted!” He added.

Ruby’s grey eyes grew a little wonder as she saw Bastion’s body hit the ground. Magic had a scent, something that linked it to it’s caster. To most people it would smell the same no matter where the magic came from, but Ruby remembered the scent of magic she had already hunted. And this magic... she truly wished she didn’t remember. She had barely made it out alive last time. In fact... she was almost certain she hadn’t, until she woke in Tobias’ arms. She had tried to question him on what had happened several times, but he always got angry and told her it was pointless to dwell on the past.

420 Re: Co-operation on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 pm

"It's because you're trying to get in bed with her for one thing." Tobias said gruffly. "Come on, lover boy, before the orcs decide to take us out." He added, not knowing that part of the plan was already going to be in the works once they realized their Hunter was dead.

Yella was stalking through the center of downtown, a string of bodies in her wake. She didn't even seem to realize anyone else was there. "Where is he?" She screamed.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum