The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

End of Watch

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 34]

1End of Watch - Page 14 Empty End of Watch Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Judas Carmichael hated rain. He also hated the orc that stood in groups across the street from him. It didn't help that his partner belonged to the same social class as they did. It also didn't help that the orc group hated his partner. 
They were throwing up gang signs behind the other man's back, pretending to shoot at him and it wasn't the first or the last time they would do it. 
"Hey, Ruvik!" He barked, finally tired of standing in one place while the other man decided whether he wanted an orc burger or a bronto thigh. Both smelled like death. "Today, please! Geez, I swear four elves have died in the time it's taking you to decide on that garbage."

391End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Judas wasn't sure why he did it, but he punched his partner in the face. He hit him hard enough to splatter them both with his blood. "Ruvik! Wake up! You're acting like a fool. If these guys think you care about a human they will eat you for breakfast." He hissed. "That's as bad as shipping the dark lord. You don't do it." 

"Don't touch me, woman." Kandomere hissed. "I need to get to the water. It cannot risk another transfer. I...was unaware that...could even happen..."

392End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

This seemed enough to snap Rubio back to his senses somewhat, though he didn’t wipe away the blood that now ran from his nose. “They took the wand.” He simply stated. “How is them having that thing any good for anyone?”

Celia snapped her hand back, ashamed she had gotten so familiar with Kandomere. “Forgive me.” She whispered, bowing her head and knowing better than to make eye contact again. “I shall take you there at any cost, my lord.”

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

393End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"it's safe in evidence. Right?" Judas asked. "Least the psychos aren't fighting over it like they just were. That has to be better." 
Molly wasn't so sure he was right. Not by the way the red haired human was smiling. She was still fighting her deepest urge to try and somehow steal the wand away. But even she knew that was stupid. 

"Stop saying you're sorry." Kandomere whispered. "I can see where the little bird gets it from."

394End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik was taking in several deep breaths, trying to calm himself further whilst nodding his head. “Yeah... evidence...” he murmured, having already decided he was stealing that wand back for Molly.

“Forg...” Celia nearly said it again. For some reason she didn’t feel comfortable using the wand in front of Kandomere, but knew they had little choice.

395End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

And then the three of them were left alone on the street. Molly stood there hugging herself, staring at Ruvik's boots. 
"We did the right thing." Judas said, wondering why his words felt extremely hollow.

"Put your hand on my head and whisper the words. I will lend you the last of my power to get us home." Kandomere breathed. "Home... what a strange word...I have known such a word..."

396End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“If this is what the right thing feels like... I don’t like it.” Ruvik breathed. “You know they won’t be able to resist that wand.” He added, sliding an arm around Molly and pulling her close now there were no prying eyes to see.

Celia still didn’t speak until thy were indeed home and she was gently helping her mast into the oddly glowing waters below it. She was ashamed of the fact that knowing her daughter had kissed him was filling her with a burning jealousy. “I shall leave you alone now, my lord. You need your rest.” She breathed, resisting the desire to apologise to him all over again.

397End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly rested her head into the crook of Ruvik's arm. She was exhausted again. More so now that she'd missed her chance to get the wand back. 
"That's why it's in that container. It's safe. And why does it feel bad? I'm not sure I understand. I know I'm going to sleep pretty fucking good tonight." Judas told them, a strange bitter tone to his voice.

"Stay..." His voice was echoing around the room even though he was now resting beneath the quiet water. "I trust only you...do not leave me yet..."

398End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Liar.” Ruvik told his partner bluntly as his finger gently rubbed against Molly’s arm. “You’re going to lie awake thinking of that elf.”

Celia paused where she had turned her back to walk away. The dark haired elf seemed so lost and afraid right then. Everything had been cut and dry for her since she had left her family behind. Serve the dark lord. Protect the dark lord. There had never been any question of how her feelings for him should be addressed, after all... she was nobody. Silently she turned around again and took up a vigil beside the water. “Until my last breath.” She whispered.

399End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"actually, I'm going back to the precinct and I'm going to celebrate with other humans. And we're going to stay the hell away from orcs and fucking elves." Judas snapped. "If you keep...doing what you're doing..." He added with a hiss. "With her...I'll report your ass." 

Kandomere slept for what felt like years. His body still ached and he again forgot what it meant to breathe. But finally he was able to open his eyes, a low part of his magick returning.

400End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik’s grip on Molly tightened and his eyes narrowed at Judas before he made a point of taking a deep breath through his nose. “Like I should report you for what you did with the elf you were supposed to be returning to her father?”

Celia had sat beside the water in silent vigil until her body would no longer remain upright. She had slumped down, curled up with slender fingertips dipped into the glowing water.

401End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:50 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"who would they believe?" Judas snarled back, turning away. 
Molly waited until he'd disappeared from sight to turn to Ruvik. "He's right. You're in danger if I stay with you."

Slowly he reached up, his powerful fingers bruhing Celia's. He didn't love. He couldn't. Darkness was all he knew. It was all he'd ever known. But this woman...her loyalty was strange to him.

402End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You too?” Ruvik asked wearily. “It’s been a long night, can we just forget all this and go home?” He breathed, not thinking anything of considering his home Molly’s now too. “He’s just got a stick up his ass cause the elf kissed someone else.”

Celia’s fingers twitched slightly, a tiny but very physical spark passing between them. The slender elf didn’t wake, though she did suddenly see a flash of images from her master’s past.

403End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly's heart jerked in her chest at his words and she stopped speaking. She'd been alone for so long.  "Are you sure?" 

Kandomere's mother had tried to drown him at birth. She'd never wanted a male child. Especially when the village enchanter told her he was filled with darkness. 
She'd gone down to the ancient tree and pushed the infant in, holding him under until he'd stopped thrashing. 
She'd said a soft blessing over the child she believed dead then left the body for the wolves in a bank of snow nearby. 
Ice and cold and darkness were all the child knew. Even when a band of orcs picked him up, finding life where his mother had not.

404End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“About what? The elf kissing someone? Yeah, Judas was pretty bent up about it.” Ruvik replied, seeing mo major deal about him offering Molly his home.

Celia sat up in a sudden and jerking movement, her bright eyes wide as she sucked in greedy breaths. The room was lit by nothing more than the glow from the water, and it took her moment to remember where she was.

405End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly took his arm and pulled him with her, though she wasn't sure where they were going. "I'm sorry about coming here. I...you need a bath." The moment she said it she knew how it sounded and she began to laugh.

Kandomere remained in the water, though his skin was once again cool and pale. His bright eyes were closed and he looked like he was dead. But Celia would know well that he wasn't.

406End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Yeah... I stink of human.” Ruvik replied with a wry grin as he simply let Molly pull him along.

It took. Elia a moment to calm herself after what she had just seem, and slowly she turned her gaze to her master’s unmoving form in the water. She knew she was less than worthless to him, so why was she so willing to sacrifice her only child, all to make him happy? Perhaps it was something as simple as jealousy. Even as a small child Viola had had a close relationship with her father, leaving Celia as somewhat of an outsider.

407End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I was thinking more like orc." Molly laughed softly. 
She would never be able to admit to Ruvik how glad she was to be back in his home. The next few days she spent making herself busy. She took care of him and the home, making herself feel useful. It helped to keep her mind off the wand. Searching through an old recipe book of his mother's had her almost forgetting about it in fact.

Kandomere was used to ordering others around. He never considered what it might cost them, nor did he care.

408End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik had enjoyed the first few days immensely. He had been given several days leave to recover, but there would still be many questions when he returned to duty. Even if that weren’t playing on his mind, he also worried about his partner.

Celia finally reached into the water, pulling Kandomere’s head to the surface. It had been many days, and she was fearful that he would never wake up.

409End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Judas had all but disappeared. He hadn't even bothered to go to work while his partner was off. 
That night Molly sat food on the table, giving Ruvik a strange look. "The woman at the butcher shop told me that orcs liked dragon meat. I...made cookies if you'd rather..." She was blushing. What was wrong with her?

Ice colored eyes met her own the moment Kandomere got to his feet. "Did you think me dead? Your faith in me is worrying, child." He said softly, taking in slow and deliberate breaths.

410End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik saw the blush to Molly’s smooth cheeks, and found it all too charming. “Where in the world did you find a butcher who stocks dragon meat?” He asked, resisting the urge to simply shovel the food of his childhood into his mouth.

“Forgive me, my lord.” Celia breathed, bowing her head in apology, having already forgotten that Kandomere told her to stop apologizing so much. “I only worry that you may have important matters to attend to, sire.”

411End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly brightened instantly. "She was on the edge of Harlem. An elderly orc with almost purple skin. She was yelling at people the whole time I was in there. In fact...she threw a bone at this one huge guy. He didn't even get mad. He kept bowing to her. I wish I understood orchish. He kept calling her orthan...I think..." 

Kandomere frowned ever so slightly. "How long has it been?" He looked around him, searching for his clothing.

412End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik had already started his food, unable to resist the smell any longer, though he did nod and grin at Molly as she spoke. “You’re lucky they did chop you up and sell you to a troll.” He teased.

“Three days, sire.” Celia breathed, so certain Kandomere was going to erupt at her in any moment for having not woken him sooner.

413End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"When I told the woman I knew you she told me to tell you something. She said it's time to wake up." Molly wasn't sure what the old orc woman had meant but she was certain Ruvik needed to hear these words. 

Kandomere didn't seem surprised by this. "And you stayed here the entire time?" He asked, stepping from the water to put on his clothes. She'd brought him something clean. He ran his fingers over the carefully folded pile. "Why? Surely you had things to do? Where is Montehugh? Could he not have relieved you? A guard perhaps?" He asked, turning back to her once he was again dressed and feeling like himself. "Come. Let's get something to eat. You don't look like you've been taking..." He paused, wondering why he cared whether she was well or not. This was more than he'd spoken in a long while. "Get changed. You cannot go out like that."

414End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruvik didn’t say anything for the longest time, simply chewing thoughtfuly on his food. “What are you having?” He asked at last, seeming to have decided those cryptic words would have be addressed at a later date.

Celia looked genuinely shocked that Kandomere cared anything at all about her wellbeing... or appearance. “Forgive me... I haven’t been home in several days, my lord.” She breathed, keeping her head respectfully bowed. “And I did not trust anyone else to watch over you.”

415End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly shrugged. "I wasn't really hungry." She confessed. "I picked a bit while I was cooking and it's really not that bad. I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about it." She added with a soft laugh. "It's okay right? I didn't overcook it? I used the recipe book I found on the shelf in the kitchen..."

Kandomere placed his hand on her head, shocked to find himself smiling at her. "Come now, Celia. Montehugh is not that bad. Even if he is a human."

416End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“The book...” Ruvik finally stopped eating, now simply staring past Molly to the kitchen. It was the only part of his family he had taken with him.

“How can I trust your well being to something a fragile and fleeting as a human?” Celia asked, forgetting herself for a moment and us using the same sharp tone she did with her daughter.

417End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:42 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Did I do something wrong?" Molly asked, unable to keep her eyes off him. "Ru, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone looking...I...it wasn't my place to..." The little blonde dropped her eyes, feeling stupid.

Kandomere's fingers tightened on her head and he stopped smiling. "Watch your tone." He hissed. "And remember your place."

418End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Don’t.” Ruvik reached out and squeezed Molly’s hand tightly. “You did nothing wrong, the food is amazing. Just like you.” He smiled sheepishly when he said the last part, feeling cheesy for even thinking it, let alone actually saying it.

Subservience hadn’t come as easily to Celia as it had Kandomere’s other followers. She had been born into wealth and privilege just like her daughter. Celia had grown up always getting her own way, which made the path to the woman she was now rather rocky. “Beneath you, my lord... always and forever beneath you.” She breathed after a moment, wishing her heart didn’t skip at the double meaning to her words.

419End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Molly laughed softly, blushing deeply. "I feel like I'm taking advantage of you." She admitted softly. "You have no reason to be so nice to me."

Her thoughts came through clearly, even her struggle to obey. Gently he removed his fingers from her head and tipped her chin up. "Swear it." He breathed against her lips. "Seal it with a kiss..."

420End of Watch - Page 14 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Really?” Ruvik asked with a smirk. “So wanting to continue what we did in your basement... that’s not a reason to be nice?” He teased.

There were so many different emotions in Celia’s eyes when Kandomere requested such a simple thing of her. The biggest struggle was whether to obey her heart of her head. Ultimately one was far stronger than the other, and the dark haired elf was reaching up, touching her lips gently to her master’s. there was still the worry that he was comparing her to her daughter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next