Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

End of Watch

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 24]

1 End of Watch on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Judas Carmichael hated rain. He also hated the orc that stood in groups across the street from him. It didn't help that his partner belonged to the same social class as they did. It also didn't help that the orc group hated his partner. 
They were throwing up gang signs behind the other man's back, pretending to shoot at him and it wasn't the first or the last time they would do it. 
"Hey, Ruvik!" He barked, finally tired of standing in one place while the other man decided whether he wanted an orc burger or a bronto thigh. Both smelled like death. "Today, please! Geez, I swear four elves have died in the time it's taking you to decide on that garbage."

View user profile

571 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:36 pm

"He's just a guy, honey. He's not worth dying over." The young man said, laying a large hand on her shoulder. He had yet to notice that she was an elf. "Come on. We'll go somewhere warm and dry and we'll get something to eat and talk." He gently tried to pull her into a sitting position without hurting her. "I promise not to hurt you. Okay?" 

Kandomere hadn't been expecting the attack, which was rather egotistical of him. The taste of his own blood in his mouth sent him into a rage he was not ready for. "You'll be lucky if I don't flay her alive and make you watch." He hissed.
"Ru!" Molly had somehow broken free of her captor and was running toward the her orc lover. She needed to reach him, nothing else mattered.

View user profile

572 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Viola visibly flinched when the stranger touched her. Aside from what her mother had done to her, the young elf still felt the probing orc hands as they had touched her inappropriately when they had first dragged her from the car and away from Judas. With all her injuries, and the mutilagion of her ears, it would be hard for anyone to tell she was an elf right then. Viola couldn’t exactly resist being moved from the road, broken and bruised bones were preventing her from doing much of anything. “Then what?” She asked hoarsely. “It’s never over...”

“Mol?” Molly had just caused Rubio to become all too distracted when she called his name. His gaze was solely on her now, his face visibly lightly up when he saw her running to him.

View user profile

573 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:32 pm

"Then I'll take you wherever you'd like to go." The man said gently. "I have a tattoo joint on 3rd street. I we can go there until you feel safe enough to go home. Or wherever." He added softly, succeeded in pulling her to her feet. "Come on. At least it's out of the rain. My girlfriend will give you some dry clothes and you can tell us what happened. My name is Talon Halbert by the way." 

The distraction was enough for Kandomere to slam his blade into the orc's ribs and shove it upward. "How can you protect her if you are dead?" He hissed in the other man's ear. "I believe this is the way it happened last time."

View user profile

574 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Viola could do little but sag against her rescuer as he pulled her to his car out of the rain. Everything seemed like it was happening to someone else and she was watching through a dirty window. Viola remembered little of the drive, and only vaguely recalled Talon mentning he owned a tattoo shop.

Ruvik grit his teeth through the pain, able to feel Kandomere’s breath on his ear as the elf gloated. “You’re assuming she needs me.” The orc sneered, slamming his hard forehead into the elf’s already broken nose.

View user profile

575 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:42 pm

The tattoo shop was loud and filled with people when Talon led the injured young woman inside. He said something to an extremely thin young man who nodded and disappeared in the back. He returned a minute later with a heavy blanket and handed it to the other man. 
Talon gently wrapped it around his new charge, patting her shoulders. "Are you hungry? I can have Lillian order something for you." He suggested, softly.

Kandomere roared in anger, shoving the other man aside as he fought to see past his sudden blindness. He could only hope he'd done enough damage that the other man would die. For now he had to leave. He'd come back for the human woman. She'd be vulnerable without the orc to protect her.

View user profile

576 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Viola was quite clearly not loving all the suddenly noise... and people. She pulled the blanket around her as best her broken fingers would allow, then tried to put distance between herself and everyone else. She realised Talon had asked her a question, and shook her head. The thought of food right then was making her want to throw up, along with breathing... moving... anything at all.

Ruvik continued to stumble forward. Once hand wa pressed to the wound between his ribs, thick blood slipping past his fingers, though his other arm pulled Molly close, burying his face in her silken hair.

View user profile

577 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 pm

"Okay...okay...come on..." Talon led her to the back, past his girlfriend, offering the dark hair woman a wink. Talon was a innocent soul. He had no idea that Lillian would possibly be jealous of the young woman he was treating like a china doll. 

"I'm so sorry." Molly whispered, blaming herself for all of this. "Come on...Let's get some help...Where's your car..." She was trying to be brave for him. He didn't need her to break down. He needed her to be strong.

View user profile

578 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Lillian smiled sweetly at her boyfriend, but the second he was gone she turned her furious grey gaze on the young man who had gotten Viola a towel. “Who the hell is that?!” She demanded, her hands planted firmly on her shapely hips. 

“Car?” Ruvik asked, trying not to lean on Molly too much. “I ran here as soon as I realised that asshole Judas had betrayed me.”

View user profile

579 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Jason shook his head. "I'm not sure. Talon just brought her in said he almost ran over her. She looks like hell though, doesn't she?" He snorted. "I think I even saw blood on her." 

"Damn it, Ru... Can you walk?" Molly muttered, ignoring the fact that her own toes were frostbitten. "There's some houses across the street. Maybe we can get some help there."

View user profile

580 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Lillian stared at the door that now separated her from her boyfriend and the stray he had just brought in. “That was all? He didn’t say where it was he found her? Who she is?” She asked, her eyes narrowed slightly.

Ruvik glanced to the houses, then down at Molly. “When I see Judas... I’m going to smash his pretty boy face in...” he growled, swinging her up into his arms, despite the fact it caused him to stumble.

View user profile

581 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm

"You saw as much as I did. He just brought her in and said what he said and demanded a blanket." Jason said with a shrug. "Why don't you go find out for yourself? I'll run the front for you." He headed for the pumping music, ignoring the narrowed eyes that followed him. Lillian scared him. She scared a lot of people. Not that Talon noticed. 

"Ruvik, put me down. You're going to bleed out. You can't afford that right now." Molly admonished. "I can walk on my own. I'm not going to lose you because of something stupid. Please..."

View user profile

582 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Lillian was well aware that she scared people, and she liked it that way. Of course, Talon seemed to think she was the sweetest creature ever created. The dark haired woman seemed to be plotting her approach as she sat down for a moment, crossing one long leg over the other. Women were always flirting with Talon, but for some reason this broken doll he had just brought in was the first time Lillian actually found herself getting jealous. “Yell if you need me.” She finally told Jason, stalking to the door and disappearing behind it.

“No...” Ruvik insisted, though he seemed to be having trouble walking straight. “I can’t lose you to exposure. That asshole had no right dumping you here! All because he was hot for a goddamn elf!”

View user profile

583 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Talon sat the young woman down, actually glad for the silence himself. The tattoo place was loud and full of people and usually he enjoyed that but tonight it was a little too much. "Are you going to tell me what happened?" He asked, kneeling in front of her. He offered her a first air kit, knowing better then to do anything for her himself. 

"There was something wrong with him...but Ru...we can talk about that later. Please. Put me down. I can't lose you. I...I love you. I can't be without you. Screw those people who don't understand." Molly said softly, resting her head against his. "Please...don't leave me."

View user profile

584 Re: End of Watch on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Viola shook her head very slightly, the jarring movement making it feel like her brain was no more than soup encased in her skull. She was staring down at where her broken fingers now rested on top of the first aid kit, her once bright blue gaze only briefly glancing to Talon from beneath dark lashes. If she had learnt nothing else this last several days, it was don’t trust anyone.

Ruvik did finally set Molly on her feet and he stumbled to a halt at the path leading up to the nearest house. She loved him. He wanted to swing her back up into his arms and kiss her until neither of them could breath, but sadly things weren’t going well. The proud roc had lost more blood than he realised when the knife nicked his liver. If he didn’t get treatment, he would die sooner rather than later. Much sooner.

View user profile

585 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 am

"i have a feeling you don't want me to call an ambulance or take you to the hospital." Talon said, now holding out to help her wipe the blood from her face. "Will you at least trust me enough to help you get cleaned up? I've got a clean t-shirt that might make you feel a little better." He gave her his warmest smile. It made his blue eyes light up. "I won't hurt you, miss. I promise."

Ruvik would once again wake up in the hospital. An orc nurse was leaning over him, checking his vitals. As before there was no sign of Molly.

View user profile

586 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:49 am

Viola felt her insides twist painfully when she saw that smile. Judas had once spoken such gentle words, but it seemed so long ago. That was a time when her father was still alive, oh what she wouldn’t give to have her only worry be that he wouldn’t let her leave their massive home. “I can’t pay you.” She finally told Talon hoarsely. 

Ruvik sat up so suddenly that he smacked heads with the orc nurse as he shouted Molly’s name.

View user profile

587 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:26 am

"why would you think I I want to be paid?" Talon asked, confused. "I'm the one who nearly ran over you. I don't think I'll be able to apologise near enough for that." He patted her knee. "Are you are there's no one can call and let them know you're okay? Maybe you'd feel better talking to Lillian?"

The female orc didn't mince words as she rubbed her forehead. "What the hell was that for? And who the hell is Molly?" She growled.

View user profile

588 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 am

“There’s no one.” Viola confirmed, ashamed when a fat tear rolled down her cheek at the realisation. The young elf lifted painful fingers up to wipe it from her bruised cheek. Viola knew she had loved Judas, loved him from that moment she had first saved his life. She couldn’t help the bitter snort that suddenly escaped her; clearly it was not a favour he had been willing to return when he left her in the middle of the road.
Lillian had entered the room, but not yet said anything. She was watching her boyfriend and the careful way he touched this small woman. She couldn’t decide yet if it was all an act, of this new girl really was this helpless.

“She’s my...” Ruvik glanced around and when he realised where he was, quickly stopped himself from speaking the truth. “She’s my charge. I’m keeping her safe until suitable housing can be found for her. The asshole cop who was supposed to be keeping her safe abandoned his post.”

View user profile

589 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 am

"That guy was an asshole, honey. Any guy who raises a hand to a woman deserves to be run over." Talon told her gently. "You're safe here with us. Ok? I'll even give you a job if that helps?"

"Oh the human." The nurse said with disgust in her voice. "She was too sick for our kind. Pregnant their doctors called it. "

View user profile

590 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 am

“It wasn’t him.” Viola breathed, not sure why even now she felt the need to defend Judas’ honour. She then took a moment to let what Talon had just said sink in. “A job?” She echoed, her bruised and bloodshot gaze meeting his for a longer moment than usual.
“We have no vacancies.” Lillian finally chimed in. She approached the two of them, slender fingers running along Talon’s broad shoulders where he was still crouched in front of Viola.

Ruvik was doing everything he could to swallow down his emotions, knowing it was dangerous for Molly if he let them through. “Where is she now?” He asked as calmly as he could.

View user profile

591 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Talon looked up at Lillian, clearly confused by her words. "She needs our help, Lil. We can't just send her away like that. You of all people should understand what she's going through." He again offered his gentle smile to Viola. 
If she were to look closely at him, she would find the broad shouldered man covered in tattoos. There was a very interesting one on his left forearm her father used to refer to as sheild of light.

"They took her to a human hospital, with the poor thing protesting all the way. Your doctor said that her own people needed to heal her and you were far too weak to do it yourself." The woman dug out his cellphone and handed it to him. "Would you like to call her?"

View user profile

592 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Lillian’s deep red nails sank into Talon’s skin a little, clearly irritated. “Then shouldn’t we be contacting the police? Or an ambulance?” She asked, though her gaze never left the small women in front of her. 
Though she wasn’t looking at Lillian, Viola was all too aware that she shouldn’t let her guard down around this woman. 

Ruvik snatched up the phone, not even glancing at the other orc as he dialled Molly’s number. He couldn’t leave her in that hospital. No doubt Kandomere was looking for her in that very moment.

View user profile

593 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

"She said no to the ambulance but you're right. What about the police? We need to tell them what he did to you.” now that her hair and clothes were drying he could see that she was covered in blood.

"Ruvik..." Molly's voice was soft and timid. She sounded like she was hiding from something. "You're alive. Are you okay?"

View user profile

594 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm

“He didn’t do this!” Viola snapped. “Please... you can’t call the police... They can’t be trusted.”

“Mol... what’s wrong?” Ruvik already knew his lover well enough to know what her different tones in her voice meant. “Are they hurting you?”

View user profile

595 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Though he didn't say so, he strongly suspected this was the case. He looked toward Lillian and shook his head. "You see. She needs us."

"They were trying to." Molly admitted. "Ru...we really need to talk when we get home. I'm so sorry..."

View user profile

596 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Lillian sighed in exasperation, but clearly she had already surrendered. It was a mystery to most people how these two had ever ended up together in the first place. “Alright, just until she’s not so...” she paused and looked Viola over again. “Broken.”

“Baby, what could you possibly be sorry for?” Rucking asked gently, wishing he could reach out and pull Molly into his arms, wanting her to know he would never be disappointed in anything she might tell him.

View user profile

597 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Talon nodded, smiling at his lover as if she'd just told him he could keep a kitten. "I'm going to take her home and settle her into the extra bedroom." He said, getting to his feet and pulling the young woman to hers. "You shut things down here and I'll meet you there." 

"I'll tell you when we both get home." Molly answered, her voice cracking. "Just tell me you're all right. Please?"

View user profile

598 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Lillian was obviously not thrilled by this. “You owe me, big time, tonight.” She purred, pulling Talon’s lips down to meet her own with her hands possessively holding either side of his face. 
She needn’t have bothered, Viola was simply looking down at her feet, having the absurd desire to simply laugh when she realised the vision in her left eye was stained red.

Ruvik was already swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, that tone in Molly’s voice scaring him. “Stay where you are, I’m coming to get you.”

View user profile

599 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Talon opened the door to the spare room and moved aside to let the young woman in. "Are you ever going to tell me your name?" He asked her as he moved to open the closet and let her see the selection of clothes Lillian had set aside for another part of the year. "I promise not to use it in a bad way. Not like that monster did. And don't have to stay here. Please don't feel like I'm trying to trap you here. I'm just worried about you getting hurt again. I can't believe what that bastard did and I don't even know all of it." 

"The last time you tried to save me you almost died and it was my fault." Molly whispered. "Just...take care of yourself. I can't bear the thought that I'd killed you. I came so very close as it is." Her voice cracked again.

View user profile

600 Re: End of Watch on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Viola was still clutching the blanket around herself, though the strain on her broken fingers was beginning to show in the severity with which they shook. “Viola.” She breathed after a long moment of checking her surroundings, though she thought it safest not to give her family name. 

“You think I’m just going to leave you out there alone, carrying my unborn child?” Ruvik breathed, finally admitting to Molly that he knew. “Please, just wait for me. We can get away from this, all of it.”

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum