Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

End of Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

1 End of Watch on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Judas Carmichael hated rain. He also hated the orc that stood in groups across the street from him. It didn't help that his partner belonged to the same social class as they did. It also didn't help that the orc group hated his partner. 
They were throwing up gang signs behind the other man's back, pretending to shoot at him and it wasn't the first or the last time they would do it. 
"Hey, Ruvik!" He barked, finally tired of standing in one place while the other man decided whether he wanted an orc burger or a bronto thigh. Both smelled like death. "Today, please! Geez, I swear four elves have died in the time it's taking you to decide on that garbage."

View user profile

91 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am

"Wound?" Molly asked looking at Ruvik's partner. As the two of them had struggled to get the heavy orc out of the onto the main floor room of her store there had been so much blood she'd never thought about it belonging to anyone but her savior.
"It's the pain meds," Judas said quickly they're still making him crazy." 

Arneth was instantly thrown off. What he believed to be true was no longer so. He was now gunning for a human police man who had no idea he was about to be plugged into the middle of a war.

View user profile

92 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 am

“Ask him why he has one of your earrings then.” Ruvik challenged, feeling the room seem to swell and pulse slightly as the drugs kept the pain at bay.

Both Viola’s parents were able to handle the wand, something that had first caught the order’s attention when trying to restore the dark lord. They had assumed they could sway both elves, but one was good enough. Especially if they eventually took their daughter too. This was exactly what had happened now that the young elf with the silken amethyst hair was dropped unconscious at the dark lord’s feet.
“My lord, I did not fail you.”  Elia breathes, on her knees before him with her head bowed.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

93 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 am

"That's not mine. I don't own anything diamond." Molly shook her head. The nurse came in behind them, ushering them out as the orcs eyes fluttered closed. 

"Excellent." Kandomere said, his fingers steepled beneath his chin as he looked down at the girl. "And? Is she a Bright? Like you?"

View user profile

94 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:21 am

Ruvik had tried to resist slumber, but ultimately he failed as he breathed Molly’s name and sank to darkness.

“I... I am afraid I don’t know.” Celia confessed. “Arneth kept the wand hidden when she was a child, so I could not test her.” Suddenly she looked up at Kandomere with sorrow in her bright eyes. “I am sorry my lord, I have indeed failed you.l

95 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 am

Molly found herself sleeping in the booksop over the next week. Though her thoughts should have been on packing or better security, she was thinking of the orc officer who had saved her life and wondering how things had ended up for him.

Kandomere leaned down to inspect Violet for himself. "Bring me Jirak's wand. The orc is no longer around to protest its use any more." He purred. "I'll test, her myself."

View user profile

96 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 am

Things hadn’t exact,y gone well for the two officers in the passing days. News of the extremely wealthy elf’s daughter had spread quickly, along with the rumour that a human was responsible.

Celia hesitated slightly, then nodded her head. “Yes, my lord.” She breathed, aware that this could mean death if her daughter was in fact not a bright.

97 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Judas had spent his first few days back at work in the interrogation room, across the table from an elf who was screaming for his head. 
He had vague but wonderful memories of the woman on the pictures he was being shown. All he could think was that it was a good thing he had hidden the diamond earring at his apartment.

Kandomere sat in silence as he waited for the wand, watching the elf in front of him. "I know you were consorting with a human. I want to know why."

View user profile

98 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Ruvik had bounced back pretty quick, and finally joined his partner in the interrogation room. “Alright, so how about you help me out here. Why exactly do you think my partner had something to do with your girl’s abduction?”

“E-excuse me?” Celia stammered uncertainly. “Consorting? The book we needed was in the human girl’s store, all I did was relieve her of it.”

99 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Arneth slammed the bloody badge down on the table, still shaking with rage. A week with no sleep had not changed that. 
Judas instantly wished he'd reported his wound. Now he had now way of proving that the blood was his and no one would believe an orc. 

"Not you." The dark lord said, shifting his gaze to Viola. "Her. I want the answer from her."

View user profile

100 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:58 pm

“Well shit...” Ruvik muttered as he glanced down at the badge, then back to his partner. “Alright, alright... let’s just take a minute here.” His mind was racing, trying to come up with an explanation. “So where was the badge found?”

Viola opened her eyes as Celia scurried from the room, finally realising that pretending to be still unconscious was not working. “I find your tone rather unappealing.” She sniffed, trying to remain brave. “It is none of your business what I have been doing, with a human or otherwise!”

101 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 pm

"It was found on her bed. In the middle of bloody sheets!" Arneth screamed. Ceclia had done well by not killing him out right. He was killing himself. The elf was guant and haggard looking. He visibly shook. 

Kandomere smiled. "She has spirit. That's unusual." He turned his attention back to her. "I understand being curious about them. Humans are strange creatures. Full of smells and noises our kind wouldn't dream of making." He said, his tone somewhat gentle.

View user profile

102 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Ruvik turned to his partner again. “Step outside for a minute?” He asked, not wanting to ask these questions in front of the elf.

“Do not for one second think I am anything like you!” Viola insisted. “You will let me go right now!” She added rather primly.

103 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Judas followed his partner into the hall, on the defensive. Yet another person was questioning him. He wondered if this was how the orcs felt. No one believed a word he said. Everybody was against him. 

"Fine. Go." Kandomere made a sweeping motion with his hand. "But I promise you I will make your father pay for every moment you are gone." He said rather cheerfully.

View user profile

104 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 pm

“So when you ran after that elf, he took your badge... right?” Ruvik asked once they were alone.

Viola had turned to flee, when the later part of Kandomere’s statement hit her ears. “Why would you do that?” She whispered.

105 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm

"Not exactly." Judas rubbed his neck. "I ran into the elf he's accusing me of kidnapping. She kept poking me where...I was shot. The details are fuzzy. I remember her taking off the vest. And stumbling into a hotel with her. Nothing happened. She...pulled out the bullet I think. But I was so out of it I'm not sure what happened. I woke up and she was gone. I never found the vest or my badge..." He explained, feeling stupid. "I'm going to fry for this, Ruvik. Gesus."

"If you make yourself an enemy, child, then that's what you become to me." Kandomere said simply. "Give her the wand, Cecilia. No more game time."

View user profile

106 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Ruvik was pacing now, trying to figure out a way to get what was the closest thing he had to a friend out of this shit. “Alright, simple. We go to the hotel, we find the room you were in and prove you were injured, and she left alone.” He finally insisted. “Then I kick your ass for falling for an elf, I saw the way you were staring at those photos in there!”

“I don’t even know who you are!” Viola insisted, backing away when she saw the dark haired female advancing on her with a strange looking object in her hand.

107 Re: End of Watch on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:43 pm

"What about the girl? We need to find her. She helped me, Ruvik. We can't leave her out there..." Judas didn't know why but he knew she wasnt safe. The pit of his stomach was aching. "We need to help that guy. It's our job... Right?" He muttered.

"Take the wand, child. Show us you are a Bright." Kandomere purred. "Make your father proud for once in your life."

View user profile

108 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 am

“Our job?” Ruvik echoed with an amused smirk. “You’ve never said that before. Wow, she must have really made an impression.” He teased. “Alright, I’ll get some more information from the elf, you get the gear ready.”

“A bright? I’m a little old for fairytales.” Viola sniffed. “If that what this is all about?” She asked, though was trying to mask the hurt from truth that her father was indeed less than proud of her.

109 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:59 pm

Judas nodded, his thoughts on the hazier moments of the time he'd spent with the purple haired elf. What had happened to her after she'd left him and why did he feel like it was his fault?

"If it is such a fairy tale then you will not mind picking up this stick." Kandomere said with a soft laugh, glancing toward Cecilia.

View user profile

110 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Ruvik was now seated alone in front of Arneth, his hands folded o top of each other. “Sir, we are going to find your daughter, I promise you.” He assured the elder man. “But for now, you are going to have to leave the search up to us.”

Viola frowned, glancing from the wand to Kandomere. “I just pick it up, and you’ll let me return to my father?”

111 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

"How can I do that?" Arneth asked. His fight was gone. He was so exhausted there was very little of him left. "How can I trust a human and an orc? The very man whos badge was in my daughter's room?" 

Ice colored eyes sparkled and a dark smile spread over perfect lips. "Sure. Why not? You'll see him. One way or another..." Kandomere purred.

View user profile

112 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:23 pm

“My partner was shot last night. Does your daughter carry a gun?” Ruvik asked calmly. 

That smile, as much as the words chilled Viola enough that her outstretched fingers suddenly curled in on themselves. “How do I know you haven’t hurt him already?”

113 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 pm

"Viola carries nothing but a necklace that belonged to her mother." Arneth said softly. "The child cried when a butterfly is injured. I cannot imagine she would hurt a human." He rubbed at his eyes. "Please...find her. I will give you my soul!"

"Cecilia..." The dark lord looked toward the elder woman and nodded to her. He was indicating that she show her daughter what she wanted to see.

View user profile

114 Re: End of Watch on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 pm

“No such offering required.” Ruvik breathed, actually feeling pity for the proud elf who had been reduced to this simply through love for his daughter. “We will find her, and prove my partner is innocent.”

“Daddy...” Viola sobbed softly when Celia used the wand to show the younger elf a watery image of her father pleading with the orc to find his little girl.

115 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Arneth nodded slowly. "Your people have my information." He said softly. "Please bring her home. I cannot begin to explain how important it is. She is...my world."

"An elf asking an orc for help. What next?" Kandomere snorted, snatching the wand from Celia and grabbing Viloa's hand. He shoved the ornate wood in her fingers, gritting his teeth as he waited for the events to unfold.

View user profile

116 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Ruvik nodded, having seen and heard this from people before. “You will be the first to know when I have proven my partners innocence.” He replied, and then was gone from the room to meet Judas in the locker room.

Viola screamed, her eyes screwed shut as the wand was thrust into her delicate palm. This lasted a few seconds before she opened one bright blue eye cautiously, wondering why she wasn’t dust.

117 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

"we're going to have to go back to elf town." Judas said as they loaded a dark unmarked car. "We're starting with the book store. I have a feeling if we kick up a fuss there, we might bring out who we're looking for. It's related...it has to be..."

Kandomere was smiling as he watched the wand glowing in her fingers. He turned with the girl still holding both tightly and pointed them at Celia. "The word is vanquish." He purred in Viola's ear.

View user profile

118 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

“Kick up a fuss?” Ruvik asked uncertainly. “Hasn’t that human girl been through enough? She brought me cookies!”

“V-vanquish?” Viola stammered, not understanding the power in this small object she now held.

119 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

"She has something they want and if we take it first, then we have something to bargain with. Her dad was right, she was kidnapped. I don't know how I know it but I do." Judas said seriously. 

"Vanquish." Kandomere purred in her ear, holding out her hand and running his long fingers over the glowing wand and her own fingers.

View user profile

120 Re: End of Watch on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:51 pm

“Why her though? All this just for money?” Ruvik asked. “You’re never going to tell me how you met her, or why you had her earring, are you?”

Viola had closed her eyes again as a fat tear dripped down her cheek. She just wanted to be home. She would stay in her room for the rest of her life, if it meant she could forget what was happening now. The worst part was... she enjoyed the feel of those fingers over her own, the breath of another against her ear. “No! I won’t do it!” She shouted, seeming to find a little of her former courage.
“I knew she couldn’t.” Celia remarked. “I gave you her for any reason, but not to kill, my lord.” She added. “There is too much of her father in her for that.”

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum