The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life Lessons

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

1Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Life Lessons Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Ruby Winters was a young woman of around twenty two, not that her parents would remember this fact. She was their youngest child. A mistake. Surplus to the achievement of creating their eldest. It hadn’t taken long for Ruby to stop ‘bothering’ her mother with her drawings as a toddler, knowing the response would always be the same; ‘Lovely’, without so much as a glance. She had taken up the piano, to which her father had told her was a waste of time and energy, after all... they didn’t need two pianists in the family. As she grew older, Ruby tried to ask her father to school her in the family business, to which he had told her it was not her place to know the family business. The business would belong to her elder sister one day, it was a useless endeavour to show Ruby how it worked. Eventually Ruby simply ceased interacting with her parents. She spent her days living in the farthest part of their sprawling mansion from them, not that they noticed. The young woman tried finding a job as anything at all, but as soon as they saw the name ‘Winters’, she was laughed away, most companies telling her to just go ask daddy to make her a pony, or whatever it was little girls wanted these days. Such statements barely made sense, as she had only the faintest understanding of what her family did. She knew they were part of a partnership that owned an extremely popular theme park that only the very wealthy could afford, such was her reason for staying away from it; She wanted nothing at all to do with anything Winters.
While she had grown up wanting for nothing in the material sense, the youngest Winter’s daughter was extremely poor when it came to personal relationships.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

391Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

A fat tear rolled down Ruby’s cheek, proving that this revelation was bothering her on a very deep level. “How can I be ashamed... if I don’t even know who I am anymore?”

Jack assumed the look was due to the heartbreak of first love, nothing as deep as the real truth. “You know I never wanted to hurt you, right?” He breathed.

392Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"How does finding how your true parentage change who you are?" Milo asked, confused. "You have already established a personality for yourself. What does that have to do with anyone else?" 

For the first time Joe's lower lip began to tremble. No one had ever managed to hurt her so badly before.  Not even her father. 
She shoved herself to her feet and pushed away the doctor, trying hard to catch her breath. "Stay away from me." She gasped out. "Take your wedding and your park and stick it up your ass. You hear me, Jack Kraven?"

393Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Because what if I could have been more than what I am, if I had a loving mother?” Ruby whispered, finally turning her face away to wipe at her tears. “Everything I did... they told me was pointless because Joe had already done it.”

Jack landed on his ass, looking up at Joe as though she had just grown a second and third head. For once he had been heartfelt, and here he was on his ass being yelled at.

394Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"And Joe didn't love you? Give you what she could?" Milo asked, finally finding the first aid and turning back to her. "You said she gave you presents?"

For a brief moment Joe considerd telling him the dark secret she'd carried alone for so long. She stood at the end of the bar, twisting at her curls until it felt like her scalp was going to bleed. The room was completely silent as the two stared at one another. "Tell your mother that a joining is pointless. A Winters/Kraven 
Union was already made twenty years ago that would usurp anything she might try. Even if I'm dead, what came from that Union is not."

395Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Exactly... she gave me material possessions I had no need for. I just... wanted to be loved.” Ruby whispered, shame in her eyes for confessing this at she looked back up at Milo.

Jack had picked himself up, but Joe’s words halted him as he had moved closer to the bar. “What? Twenty years...” realisation seemed to flash in his blue eyes, but for all the wrong reasons. “Ruby... she’s our half sister?” He breathed, thinking their parents had had an affair.

396Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"maybe Joe didn't know how because she was never loved..." Milo said with a shrug. He gently applied the fixing agent, his lip set in a thin line. "Be careful with this knowledge. It could be more trouble than it's worth."

A half used bottle of whiskey landed next to Jack, shattering loudly. "Ruby is your daughter, you moron!" Joe shouted, preparing to toss another bottle at him should he argue with her.

397Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“No one but you has even spoken to me since all this started. So don’t worry about me ruining your family name, uncle.” Ruby replied with a snort, inwardly groaning that she had both been attracted to, and kissed, by a man she was under the impression was her uncle.

Jack barely even reacted to the bottle, his handsome face seeming to pale several shades. He took several moments to process this information, wise enough not to tell Joe she must have things wrong. “And you never trusted me enough to tell me?” He finally asked, looking utterly betrayed.

398Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't be foolish, Ruby. I am not really Jack's brother. Not that he would know it. Or care. I'm one of them." Milo laughed softly 

"Why don't you think about that for a while after what you just told me, Jack." Joe whispered, finally allowing the doctor to heal her. Her physical wounds were taken care of but her internal scars ran far too deep.

399Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ruby didn’t even know how to react to that. She didn’t think she hadn’t thing left inside of her to react with, after all the bombshells that had just been dropped. “I knew you were too perfect...”

“You think I would’ve gone along with it if I knew you were carrying my fucking child?!” Jack roared, his face and tched with raw emotion. “Fuck...” he slumped down into one of the hard chairs and ran his fingers through his dark hair. “I’d have gotten you out of there, joe... I don’t care what it took, if have gotten you out!”

400Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What do you mean? Too perfect to be the hired help?" Milo asked with a frown. "Mr. Kraven put me here to act as Jack's brother to keep people from bothering him. It's a fair trade I guess." Milo shrugged.

"And only because I carried your child?" Joe asked, allowing the doctor to force her into a seat across from Jack.

401Life Lessons - Page 14 Empty Re: Life Lessons Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Forget it...” Ruby was shutting down again. How was she supposed to trust anyone, when it seemed everyone was keeping such big secrets from her? 

Pain flashed across Jack’s bright blue eyes for a brief moment before he quickly buried it away, a trait he had unknowingly passed on to his daughter. “You’re really asking me that?” He breathed. “I’m a lot of things, Josephine, but I’m no liar.” He very rarely used her full name. “I meant it when I told you how much I cared about you. Shit... I fucking loved you!” He added, snatching hold of the bottle on the table and downing a third of it one gulp. “You think it was easy what my asshole father made me do to you?”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14