Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Vendettas

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 19]

1 Old Vendettas on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The BSAA were as swift as ever with their rescue and clean up efforts in the aftermath of the New York attack. People were already being evacuated from the worst affected areas, a precaution they were told, nothing more. It was a chance to sweep the bodies from the streets and remove the charred remains of one Glenn Arias. There were emergency medical units being errected in many buildings. People were thankfully vaccinated, but there were still a great many wounded wandering the streets. Even the heroes themselves had found their way the one of the larger medical units, though one of their number would soon be regretting that decision. 
Chris Redfield would be given little warning before his wife zeroed in on him, lean limbs pushing people aside before she slapped him hard enough to make a sound that echoed. “You force me behind a desk, and this is how I have to find you?!” She hissed, holding up her PDA with a flashing red dot that showed Chris’ current location.
The small nurse who had been treating Chris for superficial wounds stared at the brunette with wide eyes, already quite terrified of this formidable looking woman.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

451 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 am

"Don't...I don't know you..." Ciara pushed away from Jill, the guilt eating her alive. 
Chris didn't move either. He was staring down at Billy, thinking of the stories that Rebecca had told him about this man. He thought of the stories Jill had told him about serving Wesker. What kind of hell had this man suffered and for how long? "We can't leave him here like this." He said softly. "He deserves better."  
"Yeah. He did." Ciara said thinly, scowling at them both. "I gotta go."

View user profile

452 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am

“Oh no you don’t.” Jill told the younger woman firmly, catching her arm in a tight grip. “You are not leaving my sight.” She added. “Chris. We need to get out of the city. The infection is spreading, and you know how the government like to deal with that...”

453 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 am

Chris rolled his eyes. "Yeah." He hefted Billy's unmoving form over his shoulder and headed toward the helicopter. "We'll have to thank Wesker for the ride." He grunted. 

Ciara said nothing as the chopper rose into the air, burying her face into her hands. She wasn't about to tell these people she was afraid of flying. 

The fiasco had been enough distraction for Wesker's tyrant to carry Leon's unconscious form out of the city without being seen. The monster made it to the pick up point.

View user profile

454 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:32 am

Jill was nervously chewing on her thumbnail as they left the city behind them. It didn’t feel right. Leaving. “She could still be there.” She breathed as she stared out the window, knowing Ciara couldn’t hear her where she was behind them with Billy. “I know Claire is a survivor... but she won’t leave the city without him...”

455 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:40 am

"Call her. She'll answer for you." Chris said, hunting under the machine's guidance system for something that might alert Wesker they were using it. 
Ciara rested her head against Billy's, her warm tears sliding across his cheek. She smoothed his hair back, wondering how long it had been since he'd been able to do something as simple as get it trimmed. "I'm so sorry." She whispered, knowing he couldn't hear her. 

Rebecca watched the flat line and had watched Wesker rage about yet another Redfield ruining everything. He'd destroyed the bedroom they'd been in when they'd gotten the news. If he only knew...

View user profile

456 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:45 am

“You can’t know that.” Jill replied. “She needs you, Chris. No matter how you may have hurt each other, she still needs you. More, now that I failed to keep the only other man she trusts safe...”

Wesker wasn’t angry he had lost Billy, of course he didn’t care about the man. He wS angry he had lost the chance to collect data from the body. Angry that he would have to start again with a new specimen.

457 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:56 am

Chris found what he was looking for and yanked it out of the console. Proud of himself he tossed it out the window. "I'm not calling her. I can't. After everything I did to make sure she would be okay after our parents died..." He didn't finish. He never did. Jill knew that story. It was one he'd only ever told her once. 

Rebecca felt defeated and sick when the tyrant brought Leon into the lab the next morning. A small part of her felt that she'd lost in her efforts to save Billy. But the darkness that was in her was glad to see this. Those that used her deserved this pain. The darkness in her hoped Wesker made Leon suffer.

View user profile

458 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 am

Jill reached across and rested her hand over his where he held the controls. “Be mad at me too, then.” She breathed. “We thought she would be safe. We all saw what Sherry went through, none of us wanted that for a baby.” She added, thinking this to be he thing Chris spoke of.

Wesker was very almost smiling when he the body of Leon Kennedy lying on the table. While Chris was indeed a source of major contention for Wesker, Leon was another creature entirely. This was the man forever causing Ada to betray her employer. It was all too perfect, knowing this death would cause ongoing ripples within the Redfield camp. “See, they all die eventually.” He told Rebecca. “Jill died several times in fact.” He added as he began to prepare the body for the procedure.

459 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:45 pm

"And yet we talked about having one of our own. Tell me how that makes sense?" Chris whispered. "I guess the fates were on our side more than we realized."

"Wait!" Rebecca cried, unable to help herself. Leon's chest moved. She stepped closer, pressing her fingers to his wrist as she waited for a pulse. There it was. Faint but there. Leon Kennedy was fighting as always.

View user profile

460 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Jill swallowed hard and let her hand slide away from Chris’, the sting all too painful. 

What little smile Wesker wore faded. “Well, I suppose that saves me half a job.” He muttered. “This doesn’t change anything.”

461 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Chris didn't even realize what he'd said and lost himself concentrating on steering. After half an hour, however, he did call his sister.

Rebecca sighed heavily. She was teetering on the edge of a dangerous path. Sooner or later she would have to leave the part of herself that cared about these people behind.

View user profile

462 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 pm

“Is he with you? Have you seen Leon?!” Claire garbled as soon as she answered, the panic clear in her trembling voice. 

“Keep him breathing.” Wesker instructed. “He was once infected with las palagas, it could be what I need to perfect the control serum. Jill was too hard to control, she needed excessively high doses. And Billy... well, you saw how useless he was.” He added with an indignant snort.

463 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

"Jill is sending you coordinates." Chris said, his voice solemn and firm. "Meet us there and we'll explain everything.'

View user profile

464 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Claire could barely breathe, Chris’ words filling her with dread far more than his icy attitude did. “Got it.” She whispered, then hung up.

465 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Chris was still solemn as he landed the chopper near their current home and helped Jill and Ciara off. He found himself frowning when he carried Billy off and laid him nearby. He wasn't stiff at all. That wasn't normal. He'd been around death long enough to know that. 
Ciara was already trying to find a reason to slip off into the night. She didn't know these people. She wasn't comfortable being here. "Listen...thanks for the ride..." She said to Jill, already taking steps toward the road. "I can find my way from here." She told the elder woman, though she wasn't really sure where her way was.

View user profile

466 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

“Wait...” Jill reached out for Ciara’s arm again, and glanced down at her bare feet. “Can I least get you some clean clothes, a hot bath?” She asked, her pale blue eyes betraying how desperately she wanted the young blonde to stay.

467 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Ciara's own indigo eyes betrayed just how much she wanted that. Her slender fingers clung to the bottom of Billy's shirt. "I want this shirt...It's all I have left." This time she didn't pull away. "He was nice to me...even when that guy tried to make him not be." She was staring at Jill's fingers on her arm, her nose once again going red. "I...I killed him."

View user profile

468 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

“Oh honey...” Jill again pulled Ciara into a warm embrace, even if she didn’t want it. “None of this was your fault, don’t ever think other wise. You were a victim in a horrible game.” She breathed.

469 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Finally, Ciara allowed the hug. She didn't return it but she didn't fight it either. "I'll just stay for until morning." She whispered. She told herself this was how it was going to be. It had to be. 

A few hours later Ciara was sleeping with her back against the door in the spare bedroom. Chris was outside, digging a grave for a man who had been declared dead years ago. He saw his sister's car coming up the drive and paused to wave at her, casting a glance to where Jill sat on the porch. He was not ready for this conversation.

View user profile

470 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Jill was far from ready either. Her expression gave her away as she met Chris’ gaze and rose to her feet, a cracking and flexing her knuckles several times, a habit she had never been able to break. The tall brunette took a deep breath and was stood by Chris’ side as Claire got out of her car.
“Well? Where is he?” She asked, clearly having put all her hopes on them telling her Leon was simply indoors, having gotten himself injured.

471 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm

It was like nature itself was staging things. It was as she asked the question that it began to rain. Chris could only shake his head. "Claire...Leon...he..." He glanced toward his wife, even though he knew she wouldn't be able to say anything. "He didn't make it." He finished, taking in a shaking breath as he turned his head back to his sister.

View user profile

472 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Claire didn’t say anything for what seemed like a lifetime, until finally she shook her head. “No! He can’t be! No!” She knew it was childish, but she couldn’t accept his death like this. “Jill! You tell me it isn’t true!” She sobbed, fisting the front of the elder woman’s shirt in her shaking hands. 
“Claire, sweetie...” Jill was holding back fresh tears of her own as the rain beat down on them. “I’m so sorry... it was all my fault. I... I wasn’t fast enough... strong enough...” She breathed.

473 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

"He saved Jill from a tyrant. It was my fault for letting my guard down." Chris whispered, feeling as if he were about to explode. the guilt was eating him alive. But it was more because he was glad it was Leon and not Jill. "Claire, there's something else. We...found Ciara. She's here with us."

View user profile

474 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Claire heard the words, but her gaze was now fixed on the half filled grave her brother was stood beside. Her lips opened and closed several times as she stared down into the dirt. Claire wanted to ask who was in the grave, but was too afraid to hear the answer. Leon was dead. That news had already broken her into a million pieces. But if that was her daughter in the grave...

475 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm

"Ciara's inside." Chris said. Part of him hoped that she thought this was Leon he was burying. He wanted her to get over the grief quickly. He didn't want Claire to cling to it like he had. "She's barricaded herself in the guest room with all the lights on."

View user profile

476 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Claire continued to stare into the grave before finally dropping to her knees in the mud that surrounded it. He was the love of her life, and she never even got to tell him that. The younger Redfield sobbed uncontrollably, unable to even think about what she would say to her daughter now.
Jill glanced up at Chris, worried that they had handled this all wrong. “Claire, please come inside with us. The last thing Leon would want is for you to get sick.”
Claire didn’t answer. Jill’s words actually made her sob harder. No matter what she had done in the last, Leon had always forgiven her, always been there for her.

477 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Chris knelt beside his sister and wrapped his arms around her. He smoothed her hair down and held her tightly. "It's okay, kiddo." He whispered. They had been here before, more times than he cared to count. They would get through this. "It's going to be okay. Just breathe." 

Inside Ciara opened her eyes and screamed. It was the same nightmare again. The darkness...she couldn't breathe. She was clawing at dirt and fighting to stay alive. 
It took her several minutes to realize that she was going to be okay and that she was simply lying on the floor of a well lit room.

View user profile

478 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Claire turned in her brother’s embrace and hugged him tightly. It was as she turned that she missed the wet dirt a few feet below shift slightly. 
“Come on... I have some of your old clothes in the house.” Jill told Claire gently. “We can deal with everything else tomorrow.”

479 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Chris looked up at his wife and nodded, grateful that she had intervened. He'd been out of things to say to make it better. He'd never been very good at it. He followed the two women into the house, deciding the grave could wait until the morning. It was covered well enough for now anyway. 

Ciara laid where she was for several long moments, listening to the soft voices in the other room. She needed to leave. She didn't belong here. This felt entirely too safe. These people were too kind. She didn't deserve this. 
She got up slowly and propped a chair under the doorknob. She was surprised to find the windows were easy to open and fairly quiet. This wasn't at all what she'd grown up with.

View user profile

480 Re: Old Vendettas on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Jill had pretty much had to bathe Claire one she got the younger woman in the tub. Claire had simply sat there with her knees hugged to her chest, staring through the wall in front of her. Once Claire was dressed and situated in a bed of her own, Jill had gone to find her husband. They needed to talk things through with Ciara, warn her what kind of mess her mother was in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum