Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Vendettas

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 25]

1 Old Vendettas on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The BSAA were as swift as ever with their rescue and clean up efforts in the aftermath of the New York attack. People were already being evacuated from the worst affected areas, a precaution they were told, nothing more. It was a chance to sweep the bodies from the streets and remove the charred remains of one Glenn Arias. There were emergency medical units being errected in many buildings. People were thankfully vaccinated, but there were still a great many wounded wandering the streets. Even the heroes themselves had found their way the one of the larger medical units, though one of their number would soon be regretting that decision. 
Chris Redfield would be given little warning before his wife zeroed in on him, lean limbs pushing people aside before she slapped him hard enough to make a sound that echoed. “You force me behind a desk, and this is how I have to find you?!” She hissed, holding up her PDA with a flashing red dot that showed Chris’ current location.
The small nurse who had been treating Chris for superficial wounds stared at the brunette with wide eyes, already quite terrified of this formidable looking woman.

View user profile http://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

511 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm

"Was that...Billy?" Chris asked, unable to believe what he was seeing. "How the hell? He was very dead."

"He's not scared of you, or your threats." Sherry said darkly. 
Rebecca kept her eyes on Weskers, full trust in them. He was her protector. He always had been.

View user profile

512 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm

“Sure didn’t look dead...” Claire breathed, carefully clicking the door open as quietly as she could. “Unless you’re going senile, and burying people alive?” She added with a smirk, gun already drawn.

Wesker smiled, squeezing hard enough on Sherry’s throat that she wouldn’t even be able to squeak. “Tell me, boy, how many people have you resurrected?” He sneered, we’ll award that Leon was directly behind Jake now.
Jake’s eyes were filled with rage, understanding now why Chris had fought so hard to put Wesker down. 
“As I thought.” Wesker tutted, squeezing hard enough to cut off Sherryks air supply almost entirely. “Leon, be a good boy and take the trash out.”

513 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Chris got out as only to be plowed into by a tiny little blonde. The surprise was enough to send them both tumbling to the ground, both of them cursing like saliors.

Leon grabbed Jake and tossed him out the first window. Sherry if fought with everything she had, clawing at Wesker's wrists.

View user profile

514 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Claire had started to give chase to the first figure when she saw that her brother was now on the ground. “Chris! He’s getting away!” She whined, not able to see the long blonde haire from her side of the car.

Though she was drawing blood from his bare forearm, Wesker didn’t release Sherry. “I seem to have gained a new rat.” He purred. “I have heard great things about your ability to regenerate, how I will enjoy testing it to it’s linits.”

515 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:21 pm

"Let him go." Chris wheezed, rubbing at his head. 
"Him who?" Ciara asked, her head popping up to look over the edge of the car.

Sherry was turning blue and she dug deeper, her nails hitting bone. 
"Albert..." Rebecca said gently. "She's no good dead."

View user profile

516 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Claire’s breath caught in her throat when Ciara’s head popped up. Seeing those eyes... it broke her all over again, causing her to press a hand to her mouth. It was a silly thing to feel, considering this was the very woman they were looking for, but it didn’t mean it hurt any less.

“No, but she is good unconscious.” Wesker growled, surprised at how long Sherry was fighting for.

517 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:36 pm

"Hey. It's you." Ciara smiled. "Ever find a job for me lady?" 

"Don't...baby..." Sherry gasped, trying to get herself out of Wesker's grasp. "Please..."

View user profile

518 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Claire wished this was happening differently. She wished Leon was here with her to properly meet their daughter for the first time. “You ran away!” She barked, which would sound odd, like there had been more lead up to that statement in her head.

Wesker heard the word, and smiled wolfishly. “Is it my birthday?” He mocked, and when Sherry wouldn’t simply give up, her struck her across the face to bring the blessed darkness.

519 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Ciara simply raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "You're weird, you know that?"
Behind her Chris roared with laughter, unable to help himself.

"Do you remember anything from your childhood?" Rebecca asked her lover. Several hours had passed and they'd gotten Sherry strapped to a table. The elder woman was doing an ultrasound to see if she was, in fact, pregnant.

View user profile

520 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 pm

“Well, get used to it, the Redfield oddball gene is genetic.” Claire retorted before she really thought about it.

Wesker was silent for some moments as he recalled his childhood. Of course he remembered it, he simply wished he didn’t. “Yes.” He finally answered simply. “If childhood is what you would call it.” He added. “You are an only child, aren’t you?”

521 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 pm

"So you're her." It didn't take long for the light to click on. "Why didn't you just say so the lady time we met instead of just...you know what? Forget it. I'm not here to talk to you. I don't need you." Ciara snapped, turning away from Claire.

Rebecca nodded. "The only child of those parents, yes. They divorced shortly after I was born and remarried others so there's a half sibling or two in there somewhere. But I was raised alone and spoiled." She added with a laugh.

View user profile

522 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 pm

“I know.” Claire breathed, she knew she deserved the hate, but it didn’t mean it hurt any less. “I know you don’t need me, I wouldn’t want to be around me either, trust me.” She added. “But right now... you need him.” She pointed to Chris this time. “Saving people is sort of what he does.”

“I’m surprised.” Wesker admitted. “Someone of your intellect, is often the result of sibling rivalry.” He added. “That is what they did to us at the training facility. Alex... she always had to win.” He suddenly smiled thinly. “But never did. Coming anything less than first resulted in punishment.”

523 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Chris grinned at his sister. Ciara shook her head, however. "I don't need saving." She said thinly.

"I can't imagine you letting anyone else win anyway." Rebecca said. "There it is. It's a girl."

View user profile

524 Re: Old Vendettas on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm

“You can only say that because you don’t know what’s out there.” Claire replied firmly. “I thought I could keep you safe from it, from everything. But hey, here we are, living through yet another one of my screw ups.” Claire sat down on the curb and simply buried her face in her hands. She had had nineteen years to plan what she was going to say, But not once did she think she would have to do this while knowing Leon would never meet their daughter.

“Of course I didn’t.” Wesker snorted. “Even if I had, she would never have accepted that it happened.” He added as he joined Rebecca by the screen. “Wonderful, women are nothing but trouble.” He added, his gaze glancing down at the bandaged wound in Rebecca’s shoulder. “But some are worth it.”

525 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:19 am

"You're idea of safe was giving me away? Is that what I'm understanding?" Ciara asked, her tone filled with hurt. "Please tell me you're joking."

Rebecca blushed deeply, glancing back at the screen. It was then that she saw the tiny flutter of movement and smiled. "There's more than one baby." She said softly. "This one seems to be hiding."
"Wouldnt you?" Leon snorted from where he stood on the far side of the room. "Look what it has to to look forward to. Two monsters."

View user profile

526 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am

Claire couldn’t look at the young women when she heard the pain in her voice. “Yes, and I stand by it. Getting close to me gets people killed, or worse.” She breathed, her own voice again catching in her throat as she thought about Leon, and all the years she had kept him at a distance to try and keep him safe.

Wesker was rather pleased by this new revelation and was still smiling as he glanced over his shoulder at Leon. “Sherry was your first failure, long before you failed your own offspring.”

527 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

Ciara frowned deeply. "My first memory was living in a run down house with this old woman named Bertha in upsttup New York. She had dementia. She forgot to pay her bills so there was never any heat or water. Every time someone .bought food she would feed it to the cats. She died in the house. It was almost a week before anyone came to check on us. And then...there was old Russell's house. He kept six foster kids. Aiden was the oldest boy. He liked to hold down the girls and have his way with them. Russell helped. Want me to keep going?" Ciara asked Claire darkly.

Leon shook his head. "Sherry is no failure. Look at her. She's done well for herself. Well..all except for pairing with your offspring."

View user profile

528 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 am

Claire truly wished she were the one dead and Leon was here. He would know what to do. He always knew what to do. “Ciara... I’m so sorry.” It was pathetic to apologise, but it was all she could do. Even when she tried to do the right thing she fucked it up more than she could have imagined. 
“There you are!” Jill was panting and out of breath as she stopped by the car, leaning forward with her hands on her knees to catch her breath. “I’ve looked everywhere, I can’t...” She had quickly slowed her breathed and finally saw Ciara, though hadn’t heard what the young woman had just confessed.

Wesker continued to smile. “How many poor fools has Sherry murdered in cold blood?” He asked. “Oh, wait, that’s what your seed does. Perhaps she’s more Wesker than anything else.” He sneered. “Ciara murdered the only man to ever show her kindness, it was truly beautiful.”

529 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am

Ciara shook her head. "And then you have this joker leaving messages on my phone about coming home and being a family. What a crock of shit. I don't know what your end game is, but that Wesker guy was right. You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves." She didn't wait for any of them to respond, yet again the young woman disappeared, running back into the woods.

"No. You're lying." Leon said vehemently. "That's something only you and your little bitch are capable of."

View user profile

530 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:13 am

Those final words chilled Claire to the bone. Her daughter would rather believe Wesker, than be with her own family. “It was all for nothing! I tried so hard to keep away from him... and he still got to her!”
“Shut up!” Jill snapped. “Right now we just have to keep her out of danger. If she won’t let us be a part of her life, all we can do is make sure we’re close by in case she changes her mind. That girl is a Redfield through and through, won’t accept help from anyone!”

The emotion coming from Leon was almost tangible, and Wesker loved every moment of it. “Oh yes, he took her for a beautiful meal... and she murdered him where he stood.”

531 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 pm

"Did you hear what she said?!" Chris shouted, pointing at the woods where Ciara had gone. He was furious. He was going to kill Wesker for real this time. 

"I don't believe you." Leon snarled. "Where is your proof?" He demanded.

View user profile

532 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:30 pm

“No, I didn’t.” Jill confirmed. “But it changes nothing. She still needs us, whether she likes it’s or not!”

“No doubt lying in Redfield’s backyard in a crude grave by now.” Wesker replied smugly.

533 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Ciara went crashing through the trees, branches slapping her in the face. Her chest was on fire and she couldn't catch her breath. She needed to keep running. She had to distance herself from those people who were bringing up the bad memories.

Leon waited until it was dark and the lab was silent to try and contact Claire. Even if he couldn't let her know it was him, he needed to hear her voice.

View user profile

534 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:19 pm

In the darkness it would be easy for the mind to play tricks, for a tree to look like a well built man. To imagine fingers her grabbed her at she slammed into him.

Claire had left Chris and Jill to search for Ciara alone. She couldn’t be around them, seeing them play the concerned parents too well. She had lost Leon less than twenty four hours ago, and now she found out that her grand plan for a better life for their daughter... had gone horribly wrong. When she felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket she almost didn’t answer, thinking it was. He is wanting to yell at her for her poor decisions. Something in her gut told her otherwise. “Hello?”

535 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Ciara wanted to believe it was Billy instead of a tree. So she let herself. She stopped running and rested her bloodied cheek against his chest, her slender arms sliding around his lean waist. "Forgive me..."she gasped out. "Say you do..."

"I love you." Leon needed to say it. He needed Claire to know it before Wesker finished stealing his voice.

View user profile

536 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 pm

The hands that held Ciara were stiff, like they weren’t certain what they should be doing. They were also dirty. Very dirty. They were caked in mud. “Lost...” Billy’s gruff voice breathed the word, though it wasn’t clear if he was asking if she was lost, or he had been lost.

“Leon?” Claire gasped his name, afraid to pull the phone from her ear and check the caller ID. She was even afraid to breathe, terrified she was dreaming and would wake at any moment.

537 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 pm

"Meathead..." Ciara burst into tears, unable to help herself. She hugged him as tightly as she could, white hot shame washing over her. "I'm so sorry! I...I was trying to help...I never meant to...I'm a monster..." She gasped out.

"I wasted so much time." Leon breathed. "Claire...there was never anyone else. You have to know that. I love you."

View user profile

538 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Billy was frowning, though Ciara wouldn’t be able to see it. Everything was hazy, like he had just woken up. What had happened? Why was she sorry? “I’m dirty.” He said the words without much thought, like he wasn’t one hundred percent there.

Claire sucked in a choking sob as fat tears rolled down her cheeks. “No, I wasted it. I was so terrified something was going to happen to you... I ended up fucking everything up.” She sobbed. “Tell me where you are! I need you Leon... I’m lost, and I need you... please...”

539 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:54 pm

"Yeah. Come on. I'll get you cleaned up." Ciara said, sniffling. She slid her fingers through the large dirt covered ones and pulled him toward where she'd seen a small farm house. 

"You have your brother and Jill. I...can't come back. I'm sorry." Leon breathed. "I just wanted you to know how I felt. And I...wanted to tell you goodbye."

View user profile

540 Re: Old Vendettas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Billy looked down at the slender fingers linked with his own, but didn’t question where they were going. He knew her name, but it was just dancing out of his reach. “Where were you going?”

“No! Don’t say that!” Claire gasped. “I’m not giving up on you! Not goodbye, never goodbye!” She was sat on the curb now, not sure she had the strength to get through any more of this. “I love you, I’ve always loved you... and I can’t save our daughter alone. Please, Leon...”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum