The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Means to an End

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 23]

1Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Means to an End Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Parker smiled at Chris slightly, patting him on the shoulder. "For what it's worth... I'm sorry too. I was so obsessed with finding Alex... I didn't stop to see the signs. I should have found out Jill was pregnant... Had I known that..." He paused and ran his fingers through his hair. "I do blame myself for what happened to her."

Chris never responded to this. As soon as they were inside the building he muttered something about needing to get Parker certified and left the other man to navigate the holding cells alone.
Jessica, it seemed, had been waiting all day and half the night for him. She visibly brightened when he was let into her cell. "Parker!" She gushed, leaping to her feet to throw her arms around him. "I knew you wouldn't let me down!"

541Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She went to find...her." Chris mumbled, howling with pain when Leon slid an arm around his mid-section to help him to his feet.

542Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Leon... Claire was in pretty bad shape. Let me and Becca take Chris." Parker breathed. "We'll meet you at Claire's hotel room, I'm sure you already checked where that is, right?"

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

543Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon nodded, looking guilty as he let go of Chris. It was as if he believed himself responsible for the other man's injuries.

544Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire had made it fairly far, and it wouldn't be hard for Leon to find her. The flame haired woman had been leaning heavily against the wall, leaving a smeared trail of blood behind her. As it stood, Claire was sat on the floor of the pharmacy, trying to keep her vision steady enough to read the labels on the bottles scattered around her.

"Rebecca... You think you can fix him?" Parker asked his lover quietly in regard to Chris' dire condition.

545Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Claire!" Relief flooded through him when stepped into the pharmacy. He was by her side in an instant. He remembered the time he'd found her in the STARS office. She hadn't been so near death then.

"I don't know..." Rebecca confessed, kneeling beside Chris to look over his wounds. They were deep and he truly smelled like death. While Leon was remembering Claire, she was remembering Richard. This wound certainly didn't look any better and she'd failed him too.

546Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire closed her eyes and rested her head back against the wall when she head Leon's voice. "Leon... I wish you were really here..." She murmured, thinking she was so close to death she was hallucinating now.

"You need Alex's blood... Don't you?" Parker asked quietly. "And then some... The serum we all took, it won't stop the infection this time, will it?"

547Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon didn't embrace her. Instead he stuck a syringe in her neck. When she began to fall he picked her up. "Fuck the rest of them." He whispered darkly, watching her eyes flutter closed. "We're going home."

Rebecca's chin quivered and she nodded slowly. "Alex's blood gets more powerful the older he gets. It would be what we need but...Parker, he doesn't have that kind of time. It would take days just to find Wesker. Let alone to get to our son." It was the first time she'd called Alex their child. It seemed so natural. She wished it were true.

548Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire's body was completely limp as Leon picked her up. The usually confident and self assured woman seemed like no more than a broken child in Leon's arms now. She had fought so hard, survived so much... To be taken down by a single gunshot.

Parker pulled Rebecca into his arms and hugged her tightly, resting his chin on top of her head. "What about Violet?" He suggested, not knowing Violet actually knew their son. "There was something in her eyes when I saw her, black flecks, like she had something inside her too. Would her blood not work?" if only he knew how the outbreak had started. The little girl hadn't intended it... It had all stemmed from a sample of her blood shattering in the lab while it was being tested.

549Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon gave Parker and Rebecca one last look as he headed down the opposite way. Claire would hate him for leaving them but he truly cared about her. He couldn't lose her. Not even if it would make her happy to save her brother.

"No. The little girl is not like Alex." Rebecca whispered, thinking about when Violet had asked her if all of it was her fault.

550Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire wouldn't wake up the entire journey home. Even if she had, it would only have been to searing pain anyway. The young woman would be left ith a nasty scar on her shoulder, a permanent reminder of her failure to help Rebecca.

"Then..." Parker was quick to catch on this time, given the dislike Leon had taken to the girl. "She could have caused this?"

551Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon had his own people take care of Claire. For now she was kept sedated. At least until he could make sure of what became of her brother and the others.

Rebecca nodded. "The trigger on my device was supposed to kill me. The gas was only supposed to overtake me. What happened started outside the elevator and came in."

552Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Shit..." Parker glanced back down the hall. "Then we need to find her. I mean... She probably didn't know she did this, right?" He breathed, still wanting to see nothing more than a sweet little girl.

553Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Violet..." Chris was pushing to his feet again and stumbling down the hall. "Violet!" His voice got louder as he moved.
Rebecca sighed and pressed a kiss to Parker's cheek before she pushed herself away from him and caught up with Chris. "You're going to bleed out. You have to stop this!"
The rumbling in the room beside them was enough to keep her from saying anything. She didn't have to guess to know that something was about to come tearing through the wall.
She was right. A moment later the concrete exploded around them and soon the creature was stepping through, his eye locked on Chris.

554Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker hit the ground, covering his head as the wall basically exploded. "Rebecca, get him out of here!" He shouted. "I'll find Violet, I promise!" He added, firing his gun at the creatures face, not knowing Violet herself had already damaged it's eye.

555Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"But..." Rebecca felt a bit lost at this point. She'd only just found Parker again and she was losing him. "No...I can't leave you!" She argued, ignoring just how close the monster was getting to her and Chris.

556Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"If you don't leave now, we're all dead!" Parmer growled. "You need to get Chris far away. If we're right about violet... She can keep the monsters at bay anyway!"

557Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"All right!" Rebecca snapped, dragging Chris as best she could into the elevators. "You'd better find us, Parker, or you'll regret it!" She threatened as the doors closed and the monster turned on him.

558Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"love you too..." Parker murmured, running without even glancing to see if the monster was following. From what he had seen, he knew Violet would be wherever the highest concentration of monsters was.

559Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The monster was following him. But at one point it stopped and began to beat at its back, snarling like a depraved lion. "Keep running, dad!" Alex shouted, though it would be hard to see exactly where he was.

560Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Alex?" Despite the boys words, Parker paused, even turning around. For a moment, he wasn't even certain he had heard anything at all.

561Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Dad!" Alex cried, exasperated. "Go find mom, we had a deal that you were going to bring her home. It's not good if you're not there! Now go!"

Chris stumbled again when they reached the front doors. He couldn't go on. He'd lost them both and it was destroying him. "Violet...Jill..." He pulled Rebecca to a stop and turned to go back. He wasn't going to die until he was sure they were both safe.

562Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"No, there's a little girl in the hospital. I have to find her!" Parker shouted, aiming for more carefully than before as he shot at the creature, now his son was clinging to It's back. "Go to your mom, Chris needs your help!"

"Redfield!" Jill's voice reprimanded from no more than a few feet away. "You listen to your doctor, and get your ass out of here!" Despite her words, she too looked rather worse for wear, covered and blood and god only knew what else.

563Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"NO!" Alex roared, the protest nearly drowned out by the one of the monster as it tried to rear back and get rid of the unwanted passenger. "I'm tired of..." He paused, grunting when his back slammed into the wall. "Obeying...everyone else! You go!"

"Jill?" Chris lifted his head, looking for his lover. He couldn't see her even if he tried. His eyes were milky.

564Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Alex! Chris is going to die if you don't hep him! And if I don't find his daughter... I'll be the first one he comes after!" Parker grunted, trying to keep each of his fired shots aimed into the creatures head.

"Oh god... I thought he was immune?" Jill breathedm her arms circling around Chris once she was close enough.

565Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Fuck Chris." Alex hissed, gritting his teeth when his back hit the wall again. "He could have stopped you from handing me over to Wesker! But he didn't! I owe him nothing! And Violet...She's okay. I saw her. They won't hurt her."

"I did too." Rebecca said, her fingers shaking as she propped herself against the door. "I don't know what this is...I don't know what that thing was..."
Chris' arms returned the hug though it was not tight as it might have been. Instead he let out a soft moan.

566Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You know her?" Parker asked, though made the mistake of lowering his weapon. The second he did, a tentacle shot out, knocking him flat on his back, and leaving avdeep slash across his chest.

"A Nemesis. It was... A Nemesis." Jill whispered, genuine fear in her voice, though it wasn't clear whether the nemesis alone put it there, or it was the thought of losing Chris. "Rebecca... I have to help him..." Jill's sapphire eyes looked across at the younger woman, as though needing clarification that she was not a bad person for selfishly wanting to get Chris far away from there.

567Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Nice going, dad." Alex snarled, his tone taking on that hateful note it had nearly six months ago. "And it's none of your business. I don't owe you anything anymore."

Rebecca nodded. "But...what do we do?" She asked, wincing when Chris again collapsed, taking Jill down with him.

568Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker was holding his chest as he sat up, though Alex's words hurt him even more. "Alex, please... Go to your mom. Lay all the hate on me you want, but she needs you, and misses you."

Jill still help Chris as they both fell to the floor. A part of her simply wanted to lay right there. "I'm so tired of fighting." She whispered. "Wesker did unspeakable things, but the worst... Was stealing our daughter. We missed everything, and now..."

569Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yeah." The Nemesis dropped like a stone at Parker's feet, Alex was still standing on its back. "Wesker showed me how much she missed me." He added bitterly, tossing aside the creature's heart.

"It's over." Chris managed to mumble.
Rebecca was there beside them as they landed, tearing at the bottom of her shirt. If she could stop some of the blood...maybe it would buy them time.

570Means to an End - Page 19 Empty Re: Means to an End Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker stared at the heart in his son's hand. "Alex... What did he do to you?"

"No. You made me a promise, remember? A beautiful honeymoon, far away from people... And guns... And fighting..." Jill breathed, her fingers gently stroking through her lover's hair. "Please Chris... Don't give up...". Tear streaking down Jill's cheek, evidence of just how lost she would be without her partner. Her best friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum