The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

631Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas simply gave a little snort. "I am too old for concubines." He remarked.

"Then no, nothing happened." Dahlia replied as she took a seat on the other side of the fire.

632Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We are men. We are never too old for the pleasures our wives can no longer provide." Mirth chuckled. "She was beautiful, sire. I'll grant you that. Human or not there are those rare few that take your breath away." He smiled. "Which brings me back to the question...why are you here and not there?" 

"You lie. Every time I mention him there is something in your eyes. It wasn't there before. You hated him." Saul said pointedly, now lifting his eyes to her face. "Tell me this isn't the case, Dahlia. Tell me you don't feel anything for him."

633Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:35 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I fear my advances are a little too forward for one so young." The king admitted honestly. "The girl is so beautiful, inside and out, but someone has robbed her of her sight. She cannot see it, and that pains me more than I thought possible."

"I wasn't lying before, so I can't tell you it isn't the case." Dahlia replied honestly. "I loved you... Saul. You wanted to help me without being offered anything in return. But Ro was there to pick me up when you let me fall. I used to lie awake at night, imagining you climbing through my window and sweeping me back to your castle. Then morning would come... And my step mother would begin her torment anew. I began to wish for death more than your sweet kisses." The young woman lowered her gaze to the flames once more, feeling she had embarrassed herself with such words.

634Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:48 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You are in love." Mirlath response was simple and let no room for argument. "It Has been my experience that when this is the case you give the lady of your affection a gift. Perhaps her sight is appropriate?"

"You said Ro was there to pick up the pieces..." Saul whispered, suddenly ashamed of himself. "How? Was he the one climbing through your window? Maybe fending off your dragon of a step mother? He was not so great when I met him. Always up your father's hindend. You know that he is the one who killed your mother don't you? It was his knife we found on that dead dwarf. The knife 5hat you reacted so badly to. Remember?" 

635Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"How do I make her see her as I do though?" Abalas breathed. "She barely even recognises that she is royalty, thanks to the way she has been treated."

"What?" Dahlia's violet eyes grew wide as they stared across at Saul over the fire. "It couldn't have been Ro, my mother did nothing to him!" She insisted, too afraid to even try and put the pieces f the puzzle together.

636Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:40 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Perhaps you are concerning yourself with royalty too much." Mirth suggested as he went back to carving his wood piece. "Seeing her as simply a woman may be all that it requires. Then again...women are complicated creatures. Get a pet, sire. Far less bite to it."

"It never occurred to you?" Saul asked, not being cruel. He wanted her to see the truth. At least...what he believed to be the truth. "Your father gave the order and Ro carried it out using that very same knife. He obeys his king no matter the cost. He said it himself."

637Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas couldn't help himself as he let out a heartfelt chuckle. "Yes, they are!" He agreed. "But they taste so good, and smell so nice, it clouds a man's senses."

"But why would my father order my mother's death?" Dahlia breathed, genuinely distressed at the thought of this being the truth. "He loved her!"

638Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Agreed." Mirlath returned the smile. "Go and let your love cloud yours tonight, sire. There will be be no time for it once your tournament starts."

"Maybe he was tired of her or tired of his guilt." Saul shrugged, never knowing how hard the grief had hit the elven king. "The evidence was there and he never denied it."

639Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Again Abalas seemed to be weighed down by his troubles. "That is why I wanted to talk to you." He confessed. "Rothain will be walking straight into a trap. I need to ask if Iris will safe here, while I return to the palace tomorrow?"

"Then why wasn't I killed?" Dahlia breathed. "Surely I am a constant reminder of his betrayal to his wife, and his love for my mother?"

640Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Mirlath nodded slowly. For a brief moment there was a sadness in his eyes that almost betrayed him. He quickly returned to his carving and cleared it up. "If she is can be useful my wife and I will have no trouble with her staying. There are too many mouths to feed here as it is." 

"Maybe because you haven't tried to kill him yet?" Saul shrugged, taking out his pack and undoing his bed roll. "Not killing someone seems to keep you in their good graces. Which is why I'm surprised you and Ro are getting on so well." He yawned. "Don't tell me you haven't tried to kill him too."

641Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"She recently lost her young daughter." Abalas told Mirlath softly. "I think keeping busy is what she aims for. When I lost someone dear to me... I know I did."

Dahlia was still sat with her knees hugged up to her chest as Saul unrolled his bed. "I haven't. Ro is the best swordsman my father has."

642Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:59 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Then it is settled." The wood elf said with a nod. "Now go. Give her a sweet goodbye that will have her waiting for you."

"I see." Saul's eyes were glittering with darkness across the fire from her. His lips curled onto a wicked smile. "You are a chicken."

643Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas didn't seem any more at ease by the time he returned to the room he had left Iris resting in. The king was still rather tightly wound as he he shut the door and took a seat by the window.

"Chicken?" Dahlia snorted. "I was ready to face him when he threatened to kill you, wasn't I?" She added. "I only meant that I would not wish to remove the only man my father can trust."

644Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris had fallen asleep in the short time he'd been gone. She buried herself deep beneath the covers. Her sunny curls and the soft sound of her breath was the only real indication that she was even there. 

"No...there is something else...you don't fight him because you have feelings for him. And you never told me how he helped you through your helI."

645Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas didn't want to wake her for anything. The king climbed into the covers with her and imply pulled her into his arms, imagining there was nothing outside of those warm covers right then.

"He rutted me like an animal, is that what you want to hear?" Dahlia sneered. "What does it matter? He won't want me once I make payment for your help."

646Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Abalas..." Iris breathed his name the moment his fingers slid across her. She turned in his arms, pressing a sleepy kiss to his lips. "Is everything all right?"

"I want to hear that it bothers you that he'll be upset." Saul said with another yawn. "I want you to tell me the truth. I think that would work better for both of us."

647Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:57 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"It is now." Abalas breathed, picking up a single curl and moving it from where it had fallen across Iris' nose. 

"Idon't understand why you even care?!" Dahlia growled as she shoved up to her feet. "Why is it so important for you to know whether someone you hate has feelings for someone else you hate?"

648Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris wrinkled her nose at this and opened her bright green eyes. "You're warm." she whispered. "that's a rare treat...I'm sorry about earlier..."

Saul didn't answer. He closed his eyes and very soon he was snoring softly.

649Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Sorry for what?" Abalas breathed. "I don't recall you doing anything wrong, princess."

Dahlia left the human king sleeping by the fire. She was sat by the small lake, skipping stones as she and her mother had done when she was a child. Dahlia thought it entirely normal that the stone glowed with a different colour each time it skimmed the water.

650Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

You were upset when you left. It was my fault. I'm so sorry...my self actions aren't making it easier."Iris told him guilitly.

Dahlia was not alone. Other creatures were watching and whispering about her. No one had ever seen anything like her.

651Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Not upset, angry that I had pushed you too far." Abalas assured Iris gently. "I never wanted to make you feel that way. Can you forgive me?"

Dahlia had cast a glance back at the fire to assure herself Saul was still sleeping. Once she was certain, the young princess quietly peeled off her clothing and left it hidden by some bushes before stepping into the cool water. Dahlia didn't see it, but the rippling water she left in her wake glowed violet for a moment, then faded away. This was the very thing Rothain had chastised her about all those weeks ago.

652Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:10 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You didn't push me. I wanted it...you...I just..." Iris climbed out of the covers and carefully doused the candles that bathed the room in light. Soon there was nothing but darkness. There wasn't even enough light for him to see her gown as it fluttered to the floor. He could only hear it. "You...can't see me." She whispered as she crawled back into the bed with him and pressed her lips to his. 

The creature watching her was smiling. It knew. It had sensed her even though she had never entered the dinning hall with the others. It wanted her. It had been so long since it had tasted a Fae and since there were no more...this would be a meal it planned to savor...

653Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas let his warm fingers come to settle on Iris' slender hips, though he frowned slightly. "Do you not trust me?" He breathed against her lips.

Dahlia had swam out to the middle of the lake and now floated on her back, looking up at the red hued moon through the gap in the trees. She was so used to the forest that she always felt safe here. The dark haired woman didn't think the evil that was cursing her home had taken note of her.

654Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:29 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Iris didn't answer as she took his hands from her hips and pressed them to bed beside him. "I have one rule..." She whispered, in between deepening kisses. "You can't touch me..." 

"I remember your mother." A voice said, filling the night with an unnatural darkness. "She was a creature of...strange nature. So kind and gentle to those who weren't like others. It didn't matter what we were. She was still kind to us. I warned her. And now she is dead. A fool if there ever was one. Humans would call her a sacrificial lamb. But...you...I don't know about you. You aren't like her at all."

655Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas tried to see through the darkness and up into Iris' eyes. "Then we have a problem, don't we?" He breathed. "Iris... Why are you so afraid of me? I think you're beautiful, and it pains me that you basically call me a liar..."

The voice startled Dahlia and she ceased floating to tread water and dip her shoulders down below the surface of the cool water. "Show yourself." The young princess demanded regally. It bothered her that this voice spoke of her mother.

656Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You don't know everything, Abalas." Iris whispered, shaking her head. Ashamed of herself she moved away from him and covered herself with the sheet. "I trust you just fine. That has nothing to do with not wanting you to see or touch me. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...you have a wife...You are not free..." 

"You mean as you just did?" The dark chuckle that followed echoed. "You'll forgive me if I don't. I rather enjoy not exposing myself to the nymphs and trolls of the forest."

657Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I have a queen, I do not have a wife." Abalas corrected, pulling the sheet away to lean over Iris once more. "I wish you could see yourself the way I see you." He breathed, kissing her shoulder gently.

Dahlia felt her smooth cheeks flush slightly at the thought that this creature, whatever it was, had been watching her for some time. "Then what do you want?" She asked, violet eyes scanning the darkness for signs of movement.

658Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Abalas...please..." Iris' voice was broken. She was trying so hard not to cry. "I don't want you to see me. You don't understand. Isn't there another way? Touching me isn't necessary..." She didn't want him to see or feel her skin. It was a secret she'd carried for a very long time. She was certain it would change things.

"Why are you different?" The creature asked, shifting positions. For a brief moment she was able to see a glimpse of red eyes and hear a strange jingle. It was almost like the sound of chains. "You look like her. You have the same magick but...is it sleeping? And where are they? You are missing them. She had them. You do not."

659Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I don't understand, because you won't tell me." Abalas breathed, feeling like he was begging now. "Iris... What is it you won't tell me?" He added, his lips moving a little lower to graze the edge of her breast very lightly. If Iris wished it, she could push Abalas clean off the bed, that was how much control he was giving her.

Dahlia swam a little closer to the edge, shaking her head slightly when she thought she saw those eyes. She put it down to her mind playing tricks on her. "I am not the woman my mother was, I am reminded of that every day, but I fail to see what it is you speak of." she told the creature regally.

660Old Grudges - Page 22 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Abalas' lips wouldn't brush smooth skin. But instead the feel of it would be rather strange. His touch sent sweet fire spreading through her but Iris knew she couldn't allow to do it. He would see and he would feel and it would be over. "Please..." She begged him. 

"Look at you. Being a princess. But that's not what you wish for, is it?" The creature moved again, the same sound echoing softly. "What is it that you desire, little one? Your mother wished for things....she had three wishes to be exact...your father benefits from the last of them now. Of course....all wishes come with a great price."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next