The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 34]

1The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty The bonds of family Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

631The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Why?" Jake asked, concerned by Sherry's reaction. "You think he followed me here or something?" He added, glancing down as Jill began to thrash in her bed.

Claire seemed to sag a little when her brother fell to the ground. It was killing her to have him take all this out on her. "Leon... we should have a nurse check your nose out." She whispered.

Wesker squeezed the slender fingers, then pulled Ramona onward. "We should keep moving, they can smell you."

632The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sherry shook her head. "No nothing like that. But it's bad enough no matter where he is." She sighed, heading for the door. "Though after the things Chris said...I'm tempted to let him have him."

Leon shook his head, cracking his nose back into place with a wince. "We need to get you ready for surgery. Despite all this, Jill is still dying." 
Carlos was holding a cloth to his nose that a nurse had given him. "Can you really save her, senora?" He asked worriedly. 

The next monster came at them while Ramona was setting up. It slammed into Wesker with the force of a speeding train. It was little bigger than Krauser  had been bit was much angrier and much more deformed.

633The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What Chris said?" Jake echoed, feeling he understood Sherry's reaction a little better now. "Babe, what has he said to you?" He asked catching her shoulders and spinning her to face him. 

"I can't say." Claire breathed. "I can only try, it's all anyone should ever do." She added, afraid that Jill really wasn't going to pull through. 

Weaker shook his head as his vision seam for a split second. "Ramona! Get our of the room, now!" He barked, worried by the appearance of whatever this creature was.

634The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sherry took in a shaky breath and closed her eyes, trying to let the memories fade away. It hadn't worked when she was younger and it wasn't really working now. "It's okay..." She whispered. "Chris was just upset. He's worried about Jill. He didn't really know what he was saying...it doesn't really matter now." Despite her words she surprised them both by throwing her arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. 

Carlos nodded, wishing there were a serum like he had found before. "I don't mean to be rude but you need to do something about your brother. He's getting out of control. He hurt your boyfriend this time but what if he turns on you and Jill?" 

Wesker's shout alerted the creature to Ramona and it turned, lumbering toward where she was still trying to gather data. She was crouched in a corner, trying to stay hidden but knowing that if she didn't stay she wouldn't get the data she needed for that floor.

635The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jake held sherry tightly and rested his cheek on the top of her head. ""Why wouldn't he know what he's saying? Seems like a jerk and an asshole to me."

"We can handle him." Claire assured Carlos quietly. "But you should probably stay clear of him while Jill is in surgery, if you want to be in one piece for when she wakes up." She added, patting his arm gently. "I know you mean a lot to Jill."

Wesker shot forward, taking the creature and himself crashing into the large containment tubes that lined the walls. He was quickly back on his feet trying to push the creatures head onto a rather nasty looking shard of glass.

636The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm glad you're here." Sherry breathed, hugging him as tightly as she dared. She didn't want to talk about Chris anymore. She was afraid she might tell him everything and there was no need for that. 

"Unfortunately not as much as that fool." Carlos said bitterly, shaking his head. "I stay only because I want to see her." 

At the last moment the creature shoved at Wesker, sending him sailing across the room. Ramona heard the large crash but couldn't see what had happened. She was almost done and the creature was coming back for her.

637The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I missed you, blondie." Jake told Sherry with a quiet chuckle. "But you tell anyone that... And i'll have to kill you... There's a lot I kill people for." He added, still laughing.

"You love her, don't you?" Claire asked sadly, knowing what it was like loving someone you didn't think even saw you.

In a last minute gamble, Wesker shot the creature with the gun Ramona used to give him his injections. He didn't know whatt he serum would do to this creature, but it was all he had.

638The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I can keep alot of secrets." Sherry promised him, lifting her head. She didn't realize that her blue eyes had darkened immensely with the words. "Believe me." 

"It doesn't matter, does it?" Carlos said, already turning away. "It has never mattered. She's got her hero. I'm no hero. I never have been and I never will be." He shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Have your fiancee call me when things are done, okay?" 

The creature paused looking over his shoulder at Wesker, snarling loudly. "Albert, no!" Ramona heard the gunshot. She knew that things were going to get nastier and very quickly. But it was already too late. 
The creature had already started to mutate, the Uroburos inside the injections already beginning to take over. A tentacle shot out, destroying the desk that Ramona had been hiding under and wrapping around her ankle, dragging her across the floor.

639The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then how about you spill one of your own?" Jake asked when he saw that look in Sherry's eyes.

Claire nodded, genuinely feeling for Carlos as he walked away. She didn't know the man very well, but she could see how hard it was for him loving Jill all these years.

Wesker marched on over to the creature like it were no more than a human insect in his path. He was pulling at the tentacle that was holding Ramona, seeing nothing but a maddening rage now.

640The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Like what?" Sherry asked, trying to lighten the mood before it took her down into the depths of a trash bin she didn't want to go back to. "Like how I wet my bed when I was thirteen?" She asked, wrinkling her nose. "Jill had to deal with that one." 

Leon sighed heavily. "Good grief. This is never going to get easier. We're not fighting undead but it's just as hard." He put an arm around her shoulders and pull Claire close to him. "Are you sure you want to do this?" 

Ramona was sure she had broken something as the creature tossed her aside. She crashed into a row of desks and her body screamed in pain. This was so much worse than tripping over her high heels and breaking her ankle. The last thing she saw before she passed out was the bracelet and the darkening color amber color.

641The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You went through a lot, for a little kid." Jake assured Sherry. "Bet they made you talk to all kinds of doctors, huh?"

Claire turned and slid her arms around Leon. "I'm sure. How else will I get to rest?" She asked, laughing quietly, though it was still rather sad. Chris' words had deeply wounded his rather fragile sister.

Wesker had thrust his hand into the creature's chest int eh same manner he had Spencer. It still took several minutes of him holding the creatures non beating heart in his hand for it to finally stop moving.

642The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Not really. I mean they started to. But after I freaked out..." Sherry cringed, looking desperately towards the door. "Jill made them back off. She only talked about it when I wanted to. And...I didn't. Ever." She let go of him and made a beeline for the door, suddenly desperate to get out of the dark room. 

Leon held Claire tightly, closing his eyes. "I'm so sorry I couldn't keep you from all this. I wish I had been able to save you from this sooner. Or that...maybe Steve had." He breathed.

Wesker would have little time for reprieve. The undead were filling the room, most of them former members of Ramona's recovery teams. This was going to be a very long night indeed.

643The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Sherry..." Jake caught the young woman's hand and stopped her from fleeing. "I know about fucked up shit, you can talk to me."

"I wish you had been the one to come and find me in Antarctica." Claire breathed, sliding her hands under Leon's shirt for the simple feel of his skin on her's.

Wesker found himself actually laughing and shaking his head. "So this is what it was like for Chris?" He mused to himself as he scooped Ramona into his arms. The undead usually left him alone, his scent confusing them into thinking he was one of them.

644The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:27 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sherry shook her head. "I appreciate it, Jake. But there's nothing to talk about. I need to tell Claire about Jill...if they can't settle her down..." before she could say more, Leon and Claire tumbled into the room nearly knocking her over. They were locked in a passionate kiss that was so deep they didn't notice anyone else. 

"Albert...my computer..." Ramona moaned after a moment or two. her eyelashes were fluttering against her cheeks and she was trying hard to open her eyes.

645The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Uh..." Jake looked down at Sherry when they were interrupted, smirking slightly as he silently asked if they sneak out, or they make a big deal out of what was happening.
Claire certainly didn't realise they weren't alone, she was peeling Leon's shirt over his head before returning her lips to his in a hungry kiss.

"You think your boy wants this?" Wesker breathed. "For you to kill yourself trying to keep his shameful secret of who his despicable father is?"

646The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sherry shook her head. She hated to do it but there was no time for their actions. Gently she poked Leon in the side until he broke the kiss and turned to glare at her. "We have a problem." she said softly, her eyes pleading with Claire to understand.

"Not that...those bastards did all kinds of things to him and I want every scrap. I want to make sure that no one else can get it. Ever. it's bad enough that they found him the first time." Ramona said firmly, trying to get down when he passed the doors to back into the room.

647The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire sighed softly and leaned her head down against Leon's chest for a brief moment, realising that this was their last contact before her surgery. "What is it?" She asked finally turning to face Sherry and handing Leon his shirt back. 

"It's just notes, princess. Your life is not worth it!" Weaker growled. "I won't risk you dying when you can figure it all out in your own!"

648The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jake Muller. It's good to see you again." Leon said. He held out his hand to the younger man with a gentle smile. 
Sherry wasn't smiling as she returned Claire's frustrated gaze. "Albert Wesker is still alive."
"What?" Leon didn't even complete the handshake before turning on Sherry. "No. There's no way. I saw the footage myself, Sherry. That bastard was all over the inside of a volcano..."

"I'm already dying, dumbass." Ramona growled back. "We need that dammed data to keep others from getting it! Those good for nothing hero types already stole his blood. I don't want them tying for anything else!" 
At her shouts the undead turned and began stumbling towards them, grumbling for a meal.

649The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jake shook his head. "She's right." He confirmed. "He's alive, from what I found out, he had a clone sent to replace him in Africa." He added, proving his brief time at Ramona's facility had been more fruitful than he had let on.
Claire was rubbing at her temples, trying to figure out their next move from this. "Chris can't find out." She breathed finally. "If he does... He's going to get himself killed. No, I should be the one to handle this..." She confirmed with a nod, though then she sighed heavily. "But Jill... After everything I said, do you think it's too late to let Chris be the donor?" Claire looked up at Leon now, wanting his opinion.

"You don't think his blood is more than enough to find everything out already?" Wesker snorted. "Ramona, you saw the boy, he has certainly proven he needs very little help."

650The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No. we're going through with this like we planned. We don't have time to see if Chris is a match. Wesker is probably busy. We haven't seen him since Africa. Right?" he asked, looking at Jake. 

"No. I'm not leaving here without it. Besides, the Birkin girl was expireminted on as well. Unless you're planning on getting me her, I need what's here." Ramona said firmly.

651The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jake neither confirmed nor denied. "Leon, you know Chris isn't himself right now! How are you going to keep this from him if I'm out of commission?" Claire challenged.

"You'll have the Birkin girl." Wesker replied without missing a beat. "If that is what it takes, I can bring her here myself!"

652The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yeah. It's not going to leave this room." Leon promised. "The four of us are the only ones who know until you and Jill are better. Understood?" he added, looking pointedly at Jake. 

"No. The research on her would take months. I don't have that kind of time." Ramona argued as the first group surged towards them. "And bedsides, Jake has a thing for her. "I'm not going to betray him by taking what's his and cutting it open to see how it ticks."

653The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jake shook his head. "You really think it's going to go exactly as you plan?" He asked. "Just because we don't say something, doesn't mean he wont show his face again. Who do you think shot Jill in the first place?" It was speculation on Jake's part, he truly had no idea he was right on the money.

"And that's why you will never be the best." Wesker told Ramona sternly. "You cling too tightly to human sentiment."

654The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon held up a hand and shook his head. "We don't know that. He wasn't in China. One of us would have seen him." He was surprised by the subtle turn of Sherry's head and the way she was looking at Jake. "No...he was...why?"

Ramona winced at his cutting words. "Spencer wanted me to be the best. I don't know where he got the idea that I was worthy to be. You never thought I could be. Obviously you still dont. And when it comes to my son I don't care."

655The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You both work for the government, you tell me." Jake snorted, glancing away from all of them. It was strange how he almost seemed to be protecting the father he hated.

"It isn't that you can't be, it's that you choose not to be." Wesker replied, correcting himself slightly.

656The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:33 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sherry knew how he felt. Even after all the things her father had done to her, she had wanted to protect him from the people who demanded answers of her. Gently she slid her fingers into Jake's large hand and squeezed it tightly. She knew what it was like to be hated. 
Leon shook his head. "We won't worry about him right now. Unless he makes a move we'll just pretend this conversation didn't happen." He said firmly. "It stays in this room, Sherry." He added, giving her a dark look. "I mean it." 

"Exactly." Ramona said, glad that he now seemed to understand where she was coming from. "At least you've graduated from calling me a stupid redneck." She added cheerfully. "Now, if I could only make you understand that we're not leaving until I get that data, all would be well."

657The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jake rather discretely pushed sherry behind him somewhat when Leon spoke to her like that. "You ain't the boss of her." He replied gruffly. "He's my father, i'll tell who the hell I want!" He added, simply to be contrary.

Wesker threw his head back and groaned loudly. "You were less trouble when you were a teenage runaway!"

658The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon bristled but didn't say anything. He kept looking at Sherry. Finally the little blonde nodded. "We'll keep quiet for now," she promised as the nurse came in and began to get Jill ready For surgery. 

"So were you." Ramona reminded him. "I was still recovering from giving birth when I pulled you out of the mansion mess. Do we really want to start dragging up the past, my love?" She luaghed, not even realizing what she'd called him.

659The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Claire was worried by how much Sherry was letting Jake speak for her, but said nothing. She was squeezing Leon's fingers tightly, secretly afraid for her own surgery.

"I didn't need your help." Wesker replied, seeming to almost be pouting.

660The bonds of family - Page 22 Empty Re: The bonds of family Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon was with Claire as long as they would let him be holding her hand tighTly. He promised to take care of everything for her until she woke up and then kissed her when the nurse arrived to wheel her away. 

Sherry wasnt sure what was going to happen. She hovered in the hall, watching as both women were wheeled back for surgery.

"Yes I know." Ramona sighed. "But I needed you. And I was afraid you were going to forget me if you changed too much. For a few days there, you did..." she was almost glad when Wester set her gently in the Co pilot seat of the plane. Though she'd give him hell about it later, she was too tired to collect data anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next