The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

The bonds of family

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 34]

1The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty The bonds of family Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:40 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Claire Redfield was sat at her desk, chewing on her pen as she stared at the faded photo in a battered frame. She had just gotten back from Rio on business and she had already thrown herself into another case. The photo she kept safe was taken such a long time ago, Sherry was still just a little girl in it, and Leon... Well he was no different. They had all been so happy when they made it out of Raccoon City, despite everything that had happened. It was years later and Claire still sometimes woke with nightmares of that place, and her time spent at Rockfort Island. She had barely spoken of it to Leon when she had made it home, but she figured Chris probably told him everything anyway. That was when she had drifted apart from the people she called family. They all seemed to have their mission and she had always just been 'Chris Redfield's baby sister'. Claire was much like her brother, in the aspect that she just wanted to help people. A shame Chris thought she was still that nineteen year old student. They still spoke on the phone often, had dinner together at the holidays, but pinning big brother down long enough for anything more seemed harder work than finding all traces of Umbrella and making them disappear for good. The young woman shook her head to try and clear the melancholy away, then pushed the dark red hair from her eyes. "Come on Claire..." She scolded herself, laughing quietly when she thought of the fun her friends had made in the past when she talked to herself.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

721The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 7:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Because she called me the day you left her on the roadside!" Parker snarled, his own gun now shoved to Chris' temple. "You ever heard the sobs of a broken woman, Chris? I seriously doubt you would ever stick around long enough to!"

Wesker laughed quietly and looked himself over. "Funny, I have never felt any more alive, despite your best efforts to remain hidden from me in your cowardly plans."

722The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 7:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm sure you heard more from her than that! Despite having a wife." Chris hissed, his own gun pressed against Parker's misection. "Screw you, fat boy. You're not one of us. You'll never be a good guy. No matter how hard you try."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Rebecca said, realizing too late that she'd left her gun in the glove box of the car. "I'm not hiding from anything."

723The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I don't try to be." Parker shot back. "I do what is needed. You are the one still trying so hard to convince everyone that you are not the pathetic drunken playboy who consistently gets his team mates killed!"

Wesker wagged a fingers at Rebecca and shook his head. "Silly little mouse, I already know what you infected Ramona with. Let us cut the games."

724The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"So you're not denying it?" Chris shoved his gun in the back of his pants and turned to leave. "Rebecca deserves better than you and you know it. You should do what I did and let her go before make her into a monster like you did Jessica." He snarled. 

"What do you care what I did?" Rebecca asked glancing around for a quick exit. "You don't care about anyone but yourself."

725The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 8:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I don't deny it, because Jill and I both know nothing happened. That's all that's important." Parker replied, though he kept his own weapon drawn.

"I care, because that makes you a wolf running with the sheep, little mouse." Wesker replied, rather surprised this was the creature timid little Rebecca had become. "Do they know you hand out agonizingly slow death sentences? That you only pretend to be the wholesome little wife?"

726The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 8:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I'm going to kill you for this, Kennedy." Chris promised. "You can sit on that as long as you need to. Hell, I'm in such a good mood, I'll do Rebecca a favor and kill you too Parker. But right now Jill is asking for you. you go see her and I'll tell your wife where you are. Okay?"

"So she's dead then?" Rebeccaasked, seeing no reason to lie about it. "It took long enough. Good."

727The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 8:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker gave Leon a pat on the shoulder, a silent gesture that he wasn't alone. "Go see Claire." He told the blond man softly. 

"Are you just as pleased that Claire is finally dead too?" Wesker sneered, again proving he had ears everywhere.

728The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What about your wife?" Leon asked, not wanting Parker to lose something he knew was very precious to him.

Rebecca didn't answer this. She hadn't known about Claire and she refused to believe anything Wesker told her. She chose instead to throw her purse at him and make a run for it, hoping the distraction was enough.

729The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 9:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"My wife..." Parker bowed his head, clearly suffering with issues of his own. "She doesn't trust me, and she doesn't love me. I'm not the man she needs, just the one to be there until her Billy comes back to her."

Wesker caught the purse, and actually stepped aside to let Rebecca pass. Let her scurry back to her friends. Who would believe her that he was there anyway?

730The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 9:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Then she doesn't know..." Leon shoved his fingers through his hair. "And I guess you don't either. Wesker killed Billy when he was trying to cross the African border to reach the facility she was working in. The bastard got there first and tore his heart out."

"Mr. Wesker..." a nurse had finally tracked him down. She was looking rather frazzled and upset. "The doctor would like to speak to you about your wife."

731The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 9:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker didn't know if this was good news or bad. He knew it would Kill Rebecca to find this out, though he also assumed she didn't already know. "Leon... Please don't tell her."

"What happened?" Wesker asked, no long smiling even a little. He found it strange he had no desire to correct the nurse about his 'wife' either.

732The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 9:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Leon wouldn't get time to answer. Rebecca had come running in, throwing her arms around Parker and holding onto him tightly. She didn't say anything, she just stood there gasping for breath.

"Her condition is worsening." the nurse explained. "I'll let the doctor explain it but basically they have put her on life support and she is asking for you."

733The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 11:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Hey there girl, you run like you have the devil himself on your tail." Parker breathed, wondering how he was to tell Rebecca what had happened to Claire.

"Life support? How long?" He asked bluntly, knowing there was little time to even pretend he cared about manners.

734The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sat May 02, 2015 11:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Jill wants to see you, Parker." Chris said coldly, clearly not caring about the scene in front of him. Rebecca stiffened her hug, finally dropping her arms to her sides. "Go. I'll stay with Leon to decide what to do about Claire." she said softly, turning away from him.

"A day or two at the most." The nurse said, motioning him to follow her. "for what it's worth...I'm sorry..."

735The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Parker knew that Chris was well aware of what he had just done. He glared at the other man as he passed. "I could still shoot you and no one would even care right now." He hissed.

"No, you are only sorry that this will be a death on your shift." Wesker corrected. "You do not know Ramona, why would you be sorry?"

736The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 4:38 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris glared back at the other man and nodded his head. "Cause Jill has you. Right?" He snorted, glancing toward Rebecca. The medic turned doctor was muttering about her purse, all but cursing under her breath. 

The nurse looked up at Wesker, surprised that he'd hit the nail on the head. She tried to be compassionate but it just wasn't in her nature today. she'd had a fight with her husband so very little else mattered. 
She said nothing more as she opened the door to the room where Ramona was and let Wesker in. "Nice purse." The dark haired woman said, her voice drowned out by the tube that kept her breathing.

737The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 8:55 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I think you'll find, she has Carlos." Parker responded, seeing the other man enter Jill's room down the hall.

Wesker glanced down at the purse, and couldn't help but smile slightly. "I just... spoke to me." He told her. "You're a silly little girl, have I ever told you that?" He breathed as he sat beside Ramona, setting the purse on the bed to take her slender hand in his own.

738The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 1:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris was falling apart and he knew it. This feeling was very familiar. It happened the last time he'd lost Jill.  Only this time he was long everything else along with her. Not for the first time he wished she had just let Wesker kill him that day instead of playing the hero. Saving him hadn't done anyone any good. 
"Go." he muttered to Parker, "she's waiting for you."

Ramona tightened her fingers around his and smiled. "Silly is new one." She laughed softly. "Usually it's stupid or ignorant." with her free her she reached up and touched his usually stoney face. "What's wrong?"

739The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill could breathe a little easier, and the pain relief was working better now she wasn't bleeding internally. The problem was, no one had told her about Claire yet. The dark haired woman had had a mixture of dreams and nightmares while she had been sedated. They still had her somewhat disoriented.

"How do you feel?" Wesker asked, avoiding talking about what the nurse had told him. "Has the doctor been in here yet?"

740The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 6:06 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Chris opened the door for Parker and Carlos, looking grim. He nodded to Jill, his eyes darker than she'd probably every seen them. "Is this good?" He asked softly, turning to leave her alone with the two men. 

Ramona nodded. "I heard them talking. He told me my body can't recover from this. I'm sorry. I failed you like always."

741The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 6:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Where are you going?" Jill called out hoarsely. "Chris..." That darkness in eyes she had spent so long staring into terrified her.

"It isn't your fault." Wesker told Ramona sternly. "Earlier, you said you reached out to Chambers, and then she became distant. What did you mean?"

742The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 7:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I figured you wanted to be alone with these guys." Chris said, his voice cracking. "I need to make arrangements Anyway. I'll come back.." 

"Not long ago Rebecca started calling asking for advice on research and I thought I'd finally made afriend. We started meeting up to trade secrets. One day I got sick and she gave me a shot...said it would boost my immune system....it didn't do anything that I can remember...after then she never spoke to me again I couldn't figure out what I did wrong....Why?"

743The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill glanced between Parker and Carlos, not understanding what had happened. "You forget how well I know you." She whispered, seeming like she didn't actually want either of the other two men there at all.

"She did this to you." Wesker told Ramona, seeing no reason to be anything other than blunt, they simply didn't have time.

744The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My sister is dead, Jill. I have to fix this." Chris whispered. "Parker and Carlos will keep you company. I'll come see you in a bit. Okay?" he stepped closer to the bed and kissed her forehead, not daring to glance at the other to men in the room. 

"What?" Ramona looked confused by this. "Why? Why would she do something like that?"

745The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 9:14 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"NO!" Jill seemed to lose it. She was trying to get out of the bed, unable to accept that Claire was gone. "When?! How?!" She demanded, having already been sedated when Claire had made the decision to be the donor.

"Why do you think?" Wesker asked quietly. "Can you think of any other way to hurt me?" He asked, suddenly unable to meet Ramona's gaze.

746The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She died in surgery," Carlos explained. Chris left, shutting the door behind him. "She and Leon decided that she was the best candidate to give you a part of her liver and...she did not survive. I...I'm sorry."

Ramona'so fingers were cold as they touched his face. "I wish I had known this. I would have spent more time kicking Excella's as for taking what was mine." She breathed. "I love you too, Albert. I always have. Since the day you took me off that porch... but...how did Rebecca know? It's nothing we told anyone."

747The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 10:00 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jill was shaking her head, the drugs she was on making her rather emotional anyway. "NO! I never agreed to that! I would never... Oh god..." The usually proud woman buried her face in her hands and sobbed uncontrollably.

Wesker was worried by that icy touch, but didn't say anything. "The mouse is actually a sneaky wolf." He breathed. "I killed her precious marine... I would imagine she has been plotting this for a very long time now."

748The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Carlos looked at Parker, not sure what to do. He wanted to hold Jill close but he knew she didn't belong to him. As far as he knew she could belong to this man. "I'm so sorry. I know how much you love her, Miha." He breathed.

Ramona let her hand fall to the bed, too tired to keep holding it up. "So? what do you plan to do about it?" She asked, suddenly extremely tired. 
"Mr. Wesker?" The doctor was in the doorway looking grim. "We need to talk."

749The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 10:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Where's Leon?" Jill suddenly breathed, looking up at Carlos with puffy red eyes.
"He went to sit with Claire." Parker answered, as none of them knew Claire's body was gone.

Wesker looked up at the doctor, then gave Ramona's fingers another squeeze. "You die, and I will simply have to infect you with the T Virus, is that what you want?" He breathed, kissing her lightly before heading to the doorway.

750The bonds of family - Page 25 Empty Re: The bonds of family Sun May 03, 2015 10:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The...ah boyscout tells me they were engaged." Carlos said trying to smile. "he was so excited. He'd already bought a house and everything."

The doctor gave Wesker the grim news of Ramona's impending death. He told the man they were looking at little more than thirty hours before her body simply gave up and to call her family in to say their goodbyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next