The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Magick

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

1Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Old Magick Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:22 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

“Pickles? Again?” Morrigan huffed loudly and slumped back in the chair at her desk, staring at the opened wrapper of her bagel. She seemed to glare at it for another long moment, then simply swept it off her desk and into the bin next to it. “How hard is it to understand no goddamn pickles...” She murmured, blowing a strand of her dark hair out of her eyes. Though she had been speaking out loud, there was no one else in the room with her. No one alive at least. It was just her and several cadavers down here in the icy basement morgue. It should have been a little unsettling to be in here alone, but she didn’t mind. It was sort of the family business. Her father had been a coroner, and her mother was an Apothecary like all the women in her bloodline before her. The only downside to the job was how little conversation she did actually get. Morrigan wasn’t an unsociable person, despite what her career of chalice may have people believing.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

451Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:34 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“She doesn’t even know what she is...” Oberon murmured, casting only a fleeting glance to what was going on in the room. “Are you sure this is something you need want to be a part of? Let them all kill each other...”

452Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Crius was making strange noises as his body withered into nothing. Despite Rhea's warnings, Hades was indeed healing. His body looked better than it had in a very long time.

"Can we go?" Rhea breathed, her nose red. "I'll explain everything to you once I know that you're safe."

453Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan was only able to feel her feet back on the ground once Crius had withered enough to be unable to hold her any longer. It had all happened so quickly she couldn’t even be sure what she had done had worked.

Oberon nodded without hesitation. “I’m running on a lot of faith here, better not be tricking me, little mouse.” He. Reached, offering a hand out to help Rhea to her feet.

454Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:53 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't stop." Hades ground out. He had stepped away moments ago, intent on making it to Rhea and Oberon before they could escape but he had missed them. He fell to his knees as the third Titan crumbled to ash. "I told you... Morrigan the queen is amazing." He gasped out, looking over at her with an enormous grin.

Rhea sank down into the steaming bath water and made sure it went it up to her nose. It had been so long since she had had a warm bath she couldn't remember what it felt like. 
She wasn't sure she wanted to tell Oberon the truth about everything. She was more than a little certain he wouldn't understand.

455Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan was at his side in a moment, worry in her eyes, though she seemed hesitant to touch him. Clearly worried what she had done would be reversed. “I’m sorry, I should have figured all this out sooner... it’s all my fault.”

“You can’t hide in there forever.” Oberon commented from where he leaned in the doorway. “The water will get cold eventually.”

456Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You pack a hell of a punch, don't you?" Hades laughed, looking over at her. "You know...this place is a real drag. I miss the coffee shop." He got to his feet and pulled her with him. "Come on. We're going to find a cotton candy latte."

Rhea sighed, the air creating bubbles. She stood and reached for a towel, well aware he was watching. "Do you have a shirt I can borrow until my stuff is done?" She asked, though it was hard to hear her over the rumbling of her stomach.

457Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“We need to reclaim what those disgusting titans stole from you.” Morrigan insisted, though she allowed Hades to pull her along. “I can’t believe I trusted Rhea... You would think I’d learned my lesson about trust by now...”

“Maybe.” Oberon purred with a wolfish grin, making it quite clear he liked what he was looking at. “But what is it worth?” He teased, tweaking Rhea’s pert nose playfully.

458Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades didn't say anything about Rhea. He didn't want to open that wound at the moment. "You've never really been one for trust. And seeing what you ve been through who could blame you? But right now let's think about food. Do you still like gummy bears?" 

Rhea grinned at the Fae king and poked out her tongue. "How about a kiss? No. I'm a good cleaner...I'm betting your little library needs it at least."

459Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan finally offered Hades a genuine smile. She grinned up at him and nodded. “How did you know I like gummy bears?” She asked, though did find it nice he spoke of their past even though she didn’t fully remember it.

“I’d rather have the kiss...” Oberon breathed, leaning down close enough for his breath to brush against Rhea’s lips.

460Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You used to bring them to me." Hades said, pulling her with him through the darkness of a nearby shadow. "When your older sister needed protection, you would be the first to come marching into my chambers. You always thought I needed to be payed for safety. You would tie them into bags, bring them to me and demand I protect all of you or you'd withhold them from me." Hades laughed.

Rhea pressed her lips to his, closing her expressive blue eyes. She didn't expect him to taste so wonderful. He reminded her of the sweet summer wine she'd tasted. One taste was not enough. She deepened the kiss,  sliding her fingers into his hair.

461Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan laughed softly, trying to imagine herself doing that. “Sister... I can’t imagine that. It’s always been just me, even my dad...” Her voice died off when she remembered he was gone too.

Oberon was very much aware that the only thing between his fingers and her skin was an overly fluffy white towel. She was so different to the fae women of his own kingdom, he didn’t feel the desperation for his approval. She kissed him simply because she wanted to, not because she thought it would get her something. He pulled her slender body against his own, one arm around her waist while the other toyed with the damp hair at the nape of her neck.

462Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:07 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades smiled at Morrigan. "You never saw the others. I'm not sure why." He pulled her to a stop and wrapped his arms around her. "No. I do know why. You are perfect." He purred. "I wish you had seen what I had today. You looked like Athena."

Rhea felt safe in the arms of the fae king. She didn't feel like he was going to judge her for the choices she'd had to make. 
She deepened the kiss when his fingers moved into her hair. She moaned softly, her fingers moving to the loop of his belt.

463Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Please don’t...” Morrigan breathed, though her face was buried against Hades’ chest. “She wanted nothing to do with me, so the last thing I would want is to be compared to my useless flake of a mother.”

Oberon allowed Rhea freedom to take this where she wanted. He had the worry that if he acted in his own dossier right then, he may take something she wasn’t giving. Both hands held her face now as he kissed her, feeling like a young immortal all over again. He was only king because Cronus had been cursed, and it was something he tried not to think about; being second best.

464Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades sighed softly. "There was someone feeding you lies. I heard you say the name Rhea...your sister...did you see..." He paused, his eyes focused on the distance. It was no longer raining over the coffee shop. A slight sunshine was beginning to show through the clouds. "It's the fae king." He grunted. "He's finally picked a mate. Damn."

Rhea fell asleep in Oberon's arms, feeling safe for the first time in her life. She had no idea how important her decision was to trust the king with her life. She only knew how badly she needed him.

465Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan turned to see where Hades was looming and frowned slightly. “Why does that matter?” She asked uncertainly. “We only need to worry about what was stolen from you. After everything that’s happened... to hell with everyone else!”

Oberon carefully peeled away from Rhea once she was asleep, gently covering her to ensure she was warm before creeping around their sanctuary. He was checking all the doors and windows and setting magical charms that instantly turned invisible and would warn of an intruder. He had been dragged into this war, despite having told himself he wanted no part in it.

466Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Because if he is gaining power and he is now protecting Rhea..." Hades tapped on his lip ring, glad he was feeling more like himself. "She could gift him with my heart and the fae will take over. Good for them I say." He added softly, idlly reaching out to brush her hair through his fingers.

Rhea's clothes lay in a pile by the door as if she hadn't quite committed to staying. Beside them lay a dirty green bag with broken gold chain. The bag pulsed softly as if something inside were alive.

467Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan was again watching Hades as he spoke, almost able to see the gears turning in his head as he assessed everything that was happening. She felt like such a child beside this king. He had much bigger problems than her trivial family issues. The dark haired woman felt her eyes flutter closed for a brief moment as he ran his fingers through her hair. “What if I stole it?” She breathed.

Oberon pauses by the bag, able to see the slight movement. Like most fae, he was a curious creature. He watched it a moment longer, almost certain he could hear it now too. Finally he cast a brief glance to Rhea, wondering if she would care if he took just a quick peek...

468Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades only half heard what she said. He was more interested in the charming way her midnight black curl twisted around his finger almost possessively. "Oberon is meant to take over sooner or later. All the other gods are gone, my love. Perhaps it is time I stop fighting it as well."

"Stop it! Kraken, you're hurting me!" Rhea's scream echoed through the rooms. He would have no trouble hearing her terror.

469Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lavender eyes were still watching Hades, not sure how to take his words. “But... the other gods are gone because they’re dead...” She all but whispered, as though afraid to accept what he may be suggesting.

Oberon’s fingers had been upon the bag, about to move the golden chain aside when he heard Rhea’s terrified scream. He was at her side in the blink of an eye, gently smoothing down her silken hair while whispering gentle words against her ear.

470Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't you deserve the chance to find the kind of love you've chosen for yourself? Not one that has been forced on you because some dark god had fallen in love with you?" Hades asked with a sad laugh.

When his fingers touched her skin Rhea's eyes snapped open. It took her a long moment to gather her bearings. "I dreamt I was drowning." She whispered. "I hate those dreams."

471Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan wore a sad smile of her own. “That god was an fool. Allowing my father to wipe my memories? Real good move there, idiot.” She teased him gently. “Of the lifetime I remember... I’ve had no love. Clearly I fail at even that...”

“Dreams come to us for a reason, little one.” Oberon breathed, smoothing her hair back and tucking it behind her ear. He was watching her, wondering if she knew she had called out a name.

472Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades pulled her even closer to him, pressing a gentle kiss to the tip of her nose. "You've been loved so deeply... people were willing to sacrifice themselves for you." Hades whispered. "Hell, there was even a god who allowed his own heart to be cut out for you." He tipped up her chin and pressed his lips to hers. 
It was a deep and hungry kiss. He had been longing for her for so long he couldn't express it. He wasn't even sure why he'd once chased after Nyx. He didn't even remember what she looked like. 

"I don't sleep much." Rhea confessed. She sat up, pulling the sheet up to her chest. "Sorry for disturbing you. I've made a enough of a fool of myself."

473Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:21 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan found herself filled with internal turmoil as she simply melted against Hades, her fingers sliding over his shoulders and up into his hair as she returned the heated kiss. She hadn’t been able to recall her past yet, and somehow it still simply felt... right. That was what troubled her; how could she forget someone she clearly loved? What was she being saved from that required the erasure of her memories?

“Fool? I think you and I have very different interpretations of that word...” Oberon breathed; again stroking Rhea’s silken hair. “Why are you so hard on yourself?”

474Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:56 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades pulled Morrigan into the coffee shop. But once they stepped through the doors, they were back inside  her apartment. Hades dropped himself wearily onto the couch and closed his eyes. "Where did you get this thing? It feels like it's been around forever... it's... amazing."

Rhea couldn't meet his eyes. It was already eating her alive that she had to leave him. So much for a wish. 
"I want you to take this." Rhea said, her fingers pulling at the strange threaded bracelet she'd made. "I appreciate everything but...I have to go..." She muttered, all but bruising herself as she tugged.

475Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Kinda like something else in this apartment?” Morrigan asked with a grin as she watched Hades. “I don’t know... a lot of this stuff... I don’t even remember buying, I’ve just... always had it.” She confessed as she looked around. Her apartment was beautiful, elegant in that refined, old fashioned way. It didn’t seem to fit the person she appeared to be.

“No.” Oberon told her simply, appearing in front of her in the blink of an eye. “I’ll make it a command if I have to, but it isn’t safe for you to be out there alone!” He insisted. “It’s bad enough your siblings are out for your blood, but we abandoned Hades and his queen, he will. I doubt be wanting some kind of payback too.”

476Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:56 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Hades found himself wondering if restoring his heart would replace her memories. He was still going over this idea as his head fell back on the cushion. He believed them safe here. He didn't know she'd let down her guard for a Titan named Erebus.

Rhea could feel her clothes with the edges of her toes. She'd made it further than she realized. "Look...I appreciate the concern but I can take care of myself. Hades won't be angry with you if you tell him you tried to keep me and couldn't. Which is true..." Her bright eyes were searching his, wondering what he saw.

477Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Morrigan smiled again when she saw Hades finally let himself surrender to slumber. Very carefully she laid the blanket from her bed over him and kissed his forehead affectionately. It had been such a crazy few days and she was still pumping with adrenaline, so sleep wasn’t coming to her any time soon.

“You really think I give a fuck about Hades coming for me?” He asked her, his golden eyes searching her own. “I’ve kept myself out of his politics this long, and my only concern is you being out there alone, hunted like some animal to him, to... them.” He added passionately.

478Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What are you thinking is going to happen?" Erebus asked appearing beside her when she stepped into her own room. He quietly shut the door behind him. "This isn't going to end well. Hades is the last of the gods. We have been working for a very long time to end this. Cronus won't stop now."

Rhea stood there for a moment and finally burst out laughing. "What a stupid thing to say. I've been hunted like an animal all my life. I've done it with twelve toddling siblings..." The laughter died there as the horrible reminder of what she'd done to four of them moved through her thoughts. She slammed her eyes closed and waved her hands in front of her as if to push it away. "No. No. You are under a wish spell. I made a stupid wish for a protector and....that stupid hair..." Rhea paused and took a deep breath, bending down for her clothes. "You don't mean what you say. As soon as I'm gone you will forget and you'll be fine. Ok? What kind of idiot am I? I'm so sorry...I should never have opened the door...my mother told me never to come here. That's why she wouldn't let me learn to read. She was afraid of you and I should be too but...I don't even know why!" Rhea's outburst had her chest heaving. She felt raw and naked in a way that she never had before. "I have to go. Ok? For you. It's all I can offer you for saving me."

479Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You think I care what you want?” Morrigan asked thinly. From her point of view, Erebus had abandoned her when she needed him most, allowing her to be attacked and abused. “Two Titans are dead for trying to take something from me. You really want to push me right now?”

Oberon wasn’t willing to simply accept that answer. He jerked Rhea against him, flesh against flesh as he simply held her, his arms like unyielding steel around her. “You think a wish is capable of controlling the king of the fae?” He breathed. “I sat on this throne, alone, for a very long time. I watched the gods around me die, I watched the humans rise up and forget the old ways. But one thing I never forgot, was how to see someone in pain. I’m not ashamed to say I’ve been the one to inflict it countless times, but I also know that you have been screaming, unheard, for so long. Why won’t you just let me help? Is it such a disgusting thing to admit you need me?”

480Old Magick  - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Magick Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't you mean four?" Erebus asked, leaning on the stone railing. "You may not have done it yourself but you are responsible. Rhea was protecting you. I saw it and so did you. She lied to us. I am awake now. Maybe it's time you were too." He held out a bottle to her, it's contents dark. 

Rhea couldn't catch her breath. Despite the things her mother had said, everything about this man felt right. Being in his arms made her feel safe. "You're making a mistake. You don't know me. You don't know anything." Her hands were on his chest and she could feel his heart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum