The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thicker than Water

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 34]

1Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Thicker than Water Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Alex Chambers stood on the helicopter landing pad his fingers pressed to his forehead to block out the morning sun. He was dancing from one foot to the other, unable to hide his excitement.
"I see them!" He shouted back to his mother, who was standing near the entrance with a medical team. None of them knew what kind of shape their heroes would return to them in but Alex didn't seem to care. Already he was hopping up and down waving at the chopper as it drew closer. He cheered when Chris Redfield waved to him and repeated the action when Jill Valentine did the same. But as the helicopter touched down his smile began to fade. Not everyone he'd hoped to see was stepping out.
"What happened?" Rebecca Chambers soon came to stand beside her son, her lips set in a thin line as she looked from Chris to Jill. "Where is Parker?" She'd done her best to keep herself from saying this man's name first but she couldn't seem to help herself. "Where's Jessica?" She added, hoping this would make for a decent cover up.

781Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:05 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Three months were gone before Alex knew it. He'd settled into the school well and had even managed to keep the peace between Nicole and Violet. It was clear to everyone that he worshiped the ground Violet walked on. It was rare that the two were even seen apart. They were always talking and laughing, something that was rather odd for both children.
The two of them found refuge and friendship with Sophie as well. The libarian was always finding rare books for them to read and slipping them treats whenever she was certain no one was looking.
All thoughts of Violet's father coming to get her were put on the back burner. Sophie thought back to it every once in a while and she was certain that if he did come back, she'd be ready for him.

782Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

As the time went by Violet even began to forget that she had a mission at all. It was nice for her to have Alex as a friend, the only person in the world she trusted. The weeks flew by, and even Nicole seemed to get bored of her taunts. It wasn't uncommon for Violet to sneak into Alex's room after dark and crawl beneath the covers with him. It was entirely innocent, as she had come to find it easier to fall asleep with the sound of a heartbeat besides her own in the room with her. The dark haired girls room was looking more and more like a library thanks to Sophie, the only kind of mother figure Violet had ever known. She had no idea the librarian intended to confront Wesker when he showed up.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

783Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

That night Alex was the one to lift the covers when Violet came to his room. He muttered softly at her, still somewhat asleep. He was always glad to have her there with him. He didn't feel so alone. He hated the dark and it seemed that Violet was the only thing that could protect him from it.

784Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet had gotten so used to sleeping in Alex's bed that her own was often left untouched. She liked knowing he was there, as the sond of another heartbeat in the room meant that she truly was still here in the school. If it was just her heartbeat... There was every chance she would open her eyes and just be back inside Wesker's lab. "I brought cookies from Miss Sophie." she whispered in this particular night.

785Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Chocolate with recesses pieces?" Alex asked, opening one eye and looking at the bedside table hopefully. "Did she send milk or did you have to swipe it?"

786Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet grinned at her sleepy best friend. "Just for you." She informed him, sliding from beneath the covers to produce just one carton of milk, obviously having not managed to get one for herself. "I know how you like to dunk them."

787Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Yeah but you hate crumbs." Alex said with a smile. "How are we supposed to share the milk if it's got crumbs in it?"

788Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"We don't have to share. I got that all for you, Alex." Violet replied, her bright sapphire eyes smiling up at him.

789Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We're sharing." Alex said firmly. Now wide awake he sat up and pulled her with him. He shoved a cookie in her mouth the moment he'd grabbed it off the plate. "And don't even try to argue with me."

790Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet frowned ever so slightly as she cookie was shoved in her mouth. Careful not to drop any crumbs she took a bite and cradled the rest of the cookie in her hand. "You're right... Every time I argue with you, I win." She added with a grin.

791Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Only because I let you." Alex snickered, putting an arm around her shoulders and holding her still while he tried to pour milk in her mouth. He ended up getting it all over her. "And I'm certainly glad to let you win this one."

792Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Alex!" Violet shrieked, grinning at her friend as she tossed the cookie in her hand at his head. The front of her nightdress was covered in milk now and she wrinkled her button nose. "It's all cold and gross!"

793Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Alex couldn't help but laugh at her. "Maybe next time you'll remember to bring milk for yourself too and you won't have to wear it." He teased her.

Sophie sat on a bench near the entrance, drenched from head to toe. A nasty storm was beginning and she was glad for it. She'd probably sit here all night and watch the lightning.

794Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:19 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet pouted at this and climbed back into Alex's bed, curling the duvet all the way around herself so there was none left for him. "Now you need to give me some of your Panamax to wear!" He muffled voice informed him.

"Is this how you plan to tell me what a bastard I am?" Wesker was stood in front of Sophie, a rather large black u,bells keeping him dry.

795Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My underwear?" Alex asked, poking at the covers until he found her side. "Why should I give you my underwear? I don't think it would look as good on you."

Sophie lifted her head, her dark hair plastered to her forehead. "Mr. Wesker?" She asked, trying to keep her eyes out of the rain. "Ms. Medgismith said you weren't coming for another week."

796Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Ooc: lol, sorry, don't see how pajamas got spell checked to... Panamax? Don't even know what that is!

Ic: violet giggled and squirmed slightly, Alex having found her ticklish spot. "I need your pajamas!" She insisted. "You got my nightdress covered in milk!" As though to prove her point, the somewhat soggy garment flew out from beneath the covers and landed on Alex's head. Violet loved spending time with her best friend, and genuinely didn't think anyone else had as much fun as they did.

"Well she is I'll informed." Wesker replied coolly. "Although, it would appear your bark is far worse than your bite." He mused. "You were so concerned about the way I treated Violet... Keep her. I have no further use for the girl once I reclaim my son."

797Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"They are soggy! Gross!" Alex wailed, diving off the bed to dig through his drawer. "You can have the one I've been wearing all week and I'll take the clean one." He teased her.

Sophie got to her feet and slapped Wesker before he could figure out what she was going to do. "If my bark is worse than my then you are an even bigger pig than I thought!" She snapped.

798Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet's head poked out from beneath the covers and she wrinkled her pert nose at Alex. "But then I'll smell like a boy!" She whined dramatically.

Wesker smiled, his fingers catching Sophie's wrist before she could pull it all the way back. "She pulled you in, hasn't she? You took one look at those big doe eyes of her's and really did think she was a helpless little girl!"

799Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You're not a boy?!" Alex asked, nearly nose to nose with her. "When did that happen? How could I have missed something like that?!"

Sophie shook her head, watching her reflection in a flash of lightning. "I don't think any child is helpless." She told him, trying to free her wrist from his grasp. There was something so impersonal about the gloved fingers that held her. "I know Violet is different and I don't care."

800Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet giggled slightly, the noise playful and light. "Do I usually smell like a boy to you?" She asked, still lying nose to nose with Alex.

Wesker laughed, though there was no mirth to it. "Of course she is different, she is a monster." He remarked. "Bred like one, to serve a purpose like one."

801Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No. You smell like a summer rain. You're wild for a moment and then you're gone. And when you're gone...I miss you so much it hurts." Alex whispered. "I'm so glad you let me in, Violet. I have never had a friend like you. You're my best friend."

"How can you say that?" Sophie asked, horrified for a completely different reason than she should have been. "Violet is your daughter. You took her in and raised her. If there is a monster, Mr. Wesker, you certainly fit that bill!" She had to shout to be heard over the sudden boom of thunder.

802Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Though she was still bundled up in the duvet, Violet hugged Alex tightly anyway. "I'll never be gone for long." She breathed. "I love you, silly Alex." She added, still young enough that she could say such words without thinking about it too much.

Wesker pulled Sophie under his umbrella with him so they were nose to nose now. "I took her in as a mean of keeping my son safe until I had taken care of another matter." He corrected. "And that natter is gone. I have no further use for a starry eyed little girl."

803Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I love you too, Violet." Alex whispered. He wrapped his arms around her, blanket and all. "Even if you do smell like a boy and ask to wear my clothes all the time!"

"No!" Sophie shouted, again having to raise her voice to be heard over the rain. Or so she thought. "You will not give up on the child that you chose!" She found herself impossibly close to this man and unable to pull herself away. "Only the weak that you spoke of would simply walk away from a child! That is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard of! What an anserine man you are!"

804Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You could wear my clothes, if you wanted?" Violet suggested, feeling the kind of comfort in her best friends arms that most other children took for granted. "We could run away together... And you could be violet, I could be Alex."

Wesker smiled again, most likely infuriating Sophie further. "It is easy for you to say that, when you still think of her as a child." He commented. "What if I told you she was genetically engineered? That by sheer will and desire alone, she could make herself look the same age as you or I? What ever her mission took."

805Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Or we could just run away and be ourselves?" Alex asked, actually excited about this idea. "We could really do that, Violet. Screw my dad and yours. We've got each other. That's enough."

Sophie's knowledge of the world outside of books was rather limited. It was because of this that she found his words rather unbelievable. She shook her head. "I think you're the one who's been reading too many novels, Mr. Wesker. Science Fiction ones at that!"

806Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Violet giggled again, her sapphire eyes dancing at the thought. "Where would we go?" She breathed, having only really seen other places in books. "We could have our very own adventure!"

Wesker clucked his tongue and inclined his head slightly. "When you see Violet... Ask her how old she is. And if you are so inclined, make her angry and watch the darkness creep into those pretty blue eyes." That said, he stepped away from Sophie, again exposing her to the rain.

807Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I can fly a helicopter." Alex told her proudly. "So we can go anywhere you want as long as we can get the gas. How about a deserted island to start? Then maybe...Japan?"

The cold rain swept over the librarian and she let in a gasping breath. "The only reason you see the darkness is because you treat her like a dog. I refuse to let her go home with you and I refuse to let you do it to another child. Alex will not be going with you either."

808Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"We could be pirates! Just like in treasure island!" Violet declared, getting more excited by the minute. "Our very own island..." She sighed softly, as though she had dreamt of that for a very long time.

"What authority do you have to been my son from me?" Wesker asked, any lightness to his voice now gone.

809Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Alex was all for this idea. "We could live off the land and make our own hut. It would be awesome! We'd never have to answer to anyone but ourselves!"

Sophie squared her shoulders and set her lips into a thin line. She wasn't about to be intimidated by anyone. "Someone who truly cares for those children!" She shouted at him.

810Thicker than Water - Page 27 Empty Re: Thicker than Water Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"let's go right now!" Violet insisted with a grin, jumping to her feet with the duvet wrapped around her. "Oh..." Suddenly her smile faded. "Where do we find a helicopter for you to fly?"

"That's rich, coming from a frigid spinster!" Wesker sneered as he turned away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum