The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Grudges

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 34]

1Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Old Grudges Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:46 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You, elf." A gruff sounding human man was seated in a tavern in the human village of Earlestown. It had once been a bustling market place, a meeting place for merchants and scholars. But now... It was lucky if a handful of hunters passed through on their way elsewhere. The people here lived close to the neighbouring kingdom that boasted that is was the seat of all civilisation, Elven, of course. The exact border was somewhat of a foggy issue, meaning battles often broke out over ownership of land. Elves passed through, most of them simply wishing to look down upon what they considered the uncivilised and rather boring humans, before returning to their own cities of silver.
"Elf?" The dark haired female asked, spitting that one word back at the man who had called it to her as she walked past his table. "You do not address the other women here as 'human', so not call me by my race either." She added rather haughtily.
"Well la-di-da! Ain't you just lady of the manor!" The man sneered, banging his glass down on the creaking wooden table. "Your kind aren't welcome here! You never will be! Get your knife ears back to your own side of the border!" 
The elven woman sighed heavily and with silent and sudden movements, she was in front of the human, her ornate elven dagger slammed into the chair all too close to his privates. "Do not test me, human. I have no humour for your kind this evening."

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

931Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Probably that idiot human king." Abalas growled. "Let slip what happened to that dwarf girl Dahlia was fixated with."

"My point is, you do things just to make people miserable." Darla replied sweetly, smirking when she saw the statue. "You can't keep her here forever, and she's enough like you that she would never stop hunting you if she finds out her elf boy is dead."

932Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"When is the last time we were hospitable to dwarves?" Rothain asked. "When is the last time they came out of the underground?" He fell into step with the king, though his body begged him not to. 
"Abalas?" Iris wasn't far behind, though she had no idea what was happening. "Let me guess...there are things that require your attention?" She asked, her eyes filled with disappointment as she trotted to keep up with him. 

"Oh no you don't." Marid shook his head, scowling at her. "You're playing with me so that I will keep her here. No. As soon as she is well enough I will send her back to the elf and I will find myself another master. I have done what I promised you I would. I owe you nothing more."

933Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas couldn't look at his fair haired lover. He knew the instant he saw the disappointment he already heard in her voice, he would give the dwarves whatever it took to get them to leave the quickest. "That's right, little one. I'm afraid our day must be cut short."

"Interesting... You felt you owed me something to begin with?" Darla asked, doing what she had always done to her husband; trying to get inside his head with him.

934Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"As you wish." Iris whispered, stopping in the hall. She didn't finish the journey with them, sighing softly she turned to head back toward her own room to change. She would keep herself busy as she always did. It would help keep her from the reminder that she was no elven queen and certainly no Darla. 

"You are dead. That one doesn't work on me anymore either." Marid hissed, his grip tightening on the golden statue. "You have not revealed yourself in many years, woman. Why bother me now? I no longer care about you or anyone else. I only care for my things. Can't you sense that?"

935Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas wanted to stop, to beg Iris not to give up like that, but the sound of shouting dwarves reminded him that a king was not permitted happiness of his own.

"I question whether you ever cared." Darla told Marid sadly. "You didn't grieve my passing... not like you mourn the loss of your precious things when you cannot find them! Fine, I shall not bother you any longer!" The spirit sobbed before all went quiet.
Dahlia, meanwhile, was simply staring up at Marid with the same eyes as her mother, wondering why he had seemed to be arguing with himself.

936Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:37 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The dwarf that had led the group was pacing in the main hall. He was fat and bearded and covered in jewel studded clothing. It was clear that he thought very highly of himself. "You have something of mine, elf." He snarled, the moment Abalas entered the room. He made it clear he had no respect for the elven king. 

Marid threw the golden statue, not bothering to watch and see where it landed. His face was set in a dark frown. He wasn't about to let the young woman see any emotion from him. He was a monster. It was time he remembered that.

937Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"And you offend my nose." Abalas replied coolly as he moved across the room and seated himself. "I have many things, though I don't recall taking the soap from a dwaven hovel."

Dahlia's violet eyes flicked over to the statue, then back to Marid. "Who was she?" She asked bluntly. "A man only acts this crazy when a woman is involved."

938Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You have my wife." The dwarf said, following A balas to his throne. "You will be giving her back."

"There is no woman. There is only me." Marid snorted. "There has never been anyone else."

939Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

The dwarf had the elf king's attention now, and he didn't really need an explanation. "No, I have the young woman you abandoned."

"Liar." Dahlia replied, much in the same way her mother had always done. "You're bitter and resentful in  the way only a woman can cultivate."

940Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:31 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My wife." The dwarf said, his tone firm and angry. "And unless you desire all out war with my people, you will give her to me." He rested his hand in the hilt of his sword in threat. It was answered by Rothain pulling his own blade halfway out of the scabbard. In an instant the room was filled with snarling dwarves and elves alike.

"In the short time you have known me, girl, do you see me as one who would care for a woman?" Marid asked, sneering when the statue stopped in front of Dahlia. It took up a stance in the manner Rothain was, a sword half drawn. "Keep that thing. It seems to like you." He grumbled, shaking his head. He was hoping it was enough to change the subject.

941Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas remained rather passive and merely snorted quietly. "You have no business here, dwarf. Just as you have no wife. Get out before you lose your head and become even shorter."

Dahlia carefully picked up the little statue and ran a finger over it. "I think you were hurt, and thats why you're the way you are."

942Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Do I need a translator?" The fat dwarf snarled. "Because I don't think you understand what I am saying. Either hand over my wife or I'll murder your entire kingdom until I find her." he motioned to Rothain. "Tell him what I said."
The wood elf smiled and in their native tongue told Abalas that it was a perfect day to kill stone dwellers.

"I am a djinni, girl. A woman had very little to do with that." Marid said firmly, shaking his head. He brushed his talons over his head and snorted. "I am not fool enough to let a tiny creature like a woman get through to me."

943Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas laughed at Rothain's reply and nodded his head in agreement. "Very well, if that is how it has to be. I don't think the world will miss any fat, drunken dwarves."

"Then why I am I hear?" Dahlia demanded. "I didn't wish it, so someone did!"

944Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why are you making this so hard?" Bartrand snapped. "The girl is not that good of a lay, as I'm sure you have now discovered. In fact she simply lays there and cries. However, she is my wife. She was given to me by the humans and I will get her back. I intend to beat her for running from me as well." 

"You were almost dead. That would have ruined my plans." Marid shrugged, lying through his teeth with everything he said. "Stop trying to think things through like everything means something. I did it because I could. Now get some rest. You are so very close to being a free creature. No need for a set back."

945Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"She must sob tears of disappointment over something so... stout." abayas replied with an amused smirk. "Or you are simply doing it wrong."

"No one, least of all a creature as miserable as you, does something like this simply 'because they can'!" Dahlia shot back. "Everyone has a price. Everyone." The dark haired woman replied, reminded of her own debt to Saul.

946Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"As if an elf has any talent at it." Bartrand growled. "Not that it matters. She is mine. I paid a pretty price for her. You will give her to me and mind your business. Now!" He finished with a roar. 

"Perhaps I did it because you will be of some use." Maris pointed out. "Maybe you will be so grateful to be alive you will pay me with your firstborn."

947Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:44 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Or what?" Abalas asked coolly, even adding insult by inspecting his already clean nails. "I would slaughter your entire race before I let you have her."

Dahlia scoffed at the very idea and rolled her eyes. "Hard to promise, when I do not plan to ever have a first born."

948Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:52 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The dwarf's face went solid red. He began huffing and puffing his fat fingers tightening around his sword. "She is mine! I took on the burden of marrying the worthless beast! I refuse to be spoken to this way!"

"How interesting." Maris purred. "Do you plan to tell your wood elf this when you return to him? Or do you still pan to bed the human first? This makes for an interesting story."

949Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:04 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Well, consider your burden lifted. By elven law, she is my Queen. I have no requirement to hand a member of the royal family over to anyone." Abalas bluffed.

"Why should it matter to Rothain whether we have children or not?" Dahlia challenged. "He probably already knows all about the deal I made with Saul, and my word is worth far more than some peoples. It is up to Ro whether he still wants me after the debt has been paid." She added bravely.

950Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:33 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I do not recognize elven law." Bartrand grunted. "and neither does a pathetic human like her. No one should in fact."

"No man is going to want a whore," Marid growled. "You will forego your so called deal with the human if you want the elf."

951Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:15 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Then I do not recognise pathetic dwarves laws, if you call rutting a woman and calling her your 'wife' a law." Abalas sneered.

"If I forgo the deal, i bring war down on my father." Dahlia replied firmly. "I won't have that on my conscience."

952Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:05 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"We were married by the human and Dwarven laws. The only ones that matter." Bartrand said darkly. "Get her out here. I'm sure she will tell you she's been living like a whore. And don't tell me you've had a go at her. elves can't handle anything less than perfection and she is much less than..."

"He is not your father." Marid hissed. "You are better off saying your father is a rock or a blade of grass. Not an elvish king with a head full of snow!"

953Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I think you have your words mixed up there, little man." Abalas snorted. "Iris is so much more than perfect. And you, you are as blind as you are foul breathed."

"What is your problem?" Dahlia asked thinly. "What do you care who my father is?"

954Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:31 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I've had enough of you, elf." Bartrand snarled. "Bring me my wife. Don't tell me I'm going to have to trade you jewels in place of her?"

"You should care." Marid told her.  "The man will have answers even about your mother that others do not. It would behoove  you rlto know the truth."

955Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You don't have enough jewels for what she is worth." Abalas replied. "I'm not sending for her just so your stubby little finger can attempt to steal her away!"

"You have a personal interest in this." Dahlia commented as she watched Marid. "it was no coincidence that my step mother suddenly summoned you!"

956Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Are you so sure?" Bartrand asked, snapping those stubby fingers. A younger dwarf came forward with an ornate box, his hands shaking. He stopped before the elf king and opened it, reveling jewels the king would not have seen for a thousand of years. They were jewels of pure ice diamonds and had not been seen since the winter elves had died off with the Fae.  

Marid took in a deep breath and started to say something, taking a moment before letting it out again. "You are just like your mother. You think you can read me." He growled, beginning to stuff more of his treasures into the cracks of the cave walls. It was his escape from having to answer any more questions. "And stop looking at me. Play with your new toy. Or sleep. Aren't you tired yet?"

957Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abacus's face remained stoney, though inside he was opened jawed and in absolute awe of what Bertrand had somehow gotten his hands on. "As i said, you do not have the wealth." He replied coolly, though was more than willing to go to war to have both the jewels and Iris.

Dahlia rose gracefully to her feet and had moved across the room with surprising speed to give Marid a rough shove that set him back a few feet. "I want answers!" She demanded. "You know my mother, and I'm beginning to think you know her in the way my father did!"

958Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Bartrand slammed the box closed, nearly catching the boy's fingers inside and scowled at the elf king. "She is not worth this much trouble, your majesty. You and I both know this. But she is mine. Given to me by the human king. It is an unspoken rule that you do not take another man's wife!" He roared, clearly losing his temper. "This is your last chance. Give her to me or I will lay waste to what is left of your pathetic kingdom!" 
Rothain glanced out the window and wished he hadn't. The dwarf had not come alone. Not only had he brought his own army, but the humans too. This was not a war they could win. "Sire..." He said softly, knowing nothing more needed to be said. 

Marid bared ugly teeth, his crimson eyes glittering. "Never touch me, you fucking Fae child!" He roared, disappearing and reappearing where she had once been sitting. "You know nothing! Do not pretend that you do!"

959Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Abalas cast only the briefest of glances out the window before returning his gaze to Bartrand. "If she is not worth the trouble, then why are you here?" He asked coolly. "Human's are short sighted fools, I see no benefit to an alliance with them, so why would you?"

"You keep calling me Fae, when that is impossible!" Dahlia hissed. "Both my parents were elves, that much is painfully obvious!"

960Old Grudges - Page 32 Empty Re: Old Grudges Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I am here to get back what I own. As far as the humans go...they have gold and I want that too. The human king offered me that to come here. That alone is worth the bother. Never mind getting rid of your kind." Bartrand hissed, all but spitting in the king's face. 

"Your father lied to you because he knew that if I found you, I would fucking kill you!" Marid roared, baring his teeth when he saw Darla's form flickering behind her daughter. "I have been killing off Fae like you and your mother for thousands of years. Why do you think he cut off your wings? And do not tell me you did not notice the scars on your back? The ones you believe to be where your step mother attacked you?" His chest was heaving now, his talons curled into fists at his sides.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next