The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Border Crossing

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 34]

1Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Border Crossing Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:42 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"You're late." Baralai Fairchild despised the rain, almost as much as he despised mages. He was waiting at one of the bridges that crossed the river that in turn divided the two largest kingdoms in their land. It was the same bridge where he had waited countless times. Templar or no, gold was gold, and this gold also got rid of troublesome mages.
"You want the gold or not?" A black clad man snarled as he jumped down gracefully from his equally black steed.
Baralai muttered something rather unbecoming of a Templar, then held a gloved hand out. "Gold first, then the cargo. Try anything..." He words were cut off as the mage he was transporting broke free of his restraints. It all happened so quickly that he didn't see the flash of lightning and the proud Templar was crashing into the raging river below.
Six months. It had been six months and the fallen Templar still woke in a cold sweat after dreaming of that night. The mage had rendered him immobile, though wide awake when he had plunged into the river, his heavy armour weighing him down until a pig farmer had dragged him from the river several miles away. It had taken months to get back to health and pay back the farmer for his kindness. In that time word had gotten out that Fairchild the Templar was a deserter.

Alice Gormanghast was scowling into the mirror. She hated this world she had been born into, even now as her maid pulled tightly on the laces of her dress she thought of nothing but a way to escape. Her brother's were all war heroes, famous to everyone in the kingdom for their brave deeds and triumph in defeating several of the dragons. But Alice... All she was known for was to be the prize her father handed over to the man he deemed brave enough to end the war altogether. She was the proverbial Princess in the tower, useful only for luring in prospective suitors. The young brunette didn't even realise her rose coloured lips were quirked into a slight smile 'if only they knew'. Indeed, her father would have a literal heart attack if he knew his prized daughter had secretly been learning how to shoot a bow and handle a sword. She lost herself for hours at an end in books that told of the thieves guild, and their mysterious leader who was sometimes known to have a higher moral code than the knights of their kingdom.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

871Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 6:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Blackbeard doesn't know everything, he and Richard are more alike than they care to admit." Marisol breathed, now using a cool rag to wipe away the blood on Garrik's face. "But... why her? I hear she's got a horrible temper, surely that can't be fun for you?"

The dragon had black scales that seemed to shimmer green when the light caught them, though it's wings were blood coloured and marred by scars in places. It had clearly fought many battles in its life time, this was no doubt nothing to it.

872Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 7:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Garrik smiled even though the very motion hurt him. "Alice is...like a summer storm. You stand on the deck and marvel at just how wild it can be. You know you should go inside but you cant. She's...amazing...I..." his shoulders sagged and he all but choked. "I let her down. I'm so weak and useless." 

The monster that attacked her got back up and rushed the dragon, dragging claws down one of his haunches. It snarled loudly. All but laughing at the blood it drew.

873Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 8:06 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You haven't let anyone down." Marisol assured Garrik gently. "Alice has been through a lot, most of which I haven't told Richard. She needs you, that's why I'm helping you. I have some tea I'm going to give Richard tonight. We're on our way into mermaid waters, I'm going to keep him asleep while you make your escape." The young mage paused, smiling sadly even if Garrik couldn't see. "Somehow I have this feeling they wont harm you, am I right?" She added, knowing her prince would consider this treason what she spoke of.

The dragon snorted, smoke billowing out of it's nostrils. "You are lost, creature." It simply snarled, its spilled blood suddenly igniting. The dragon's voice sounded as though it was rarely used. It was deep and gravelly, filled with annoyance rather than actual malcontent.

874Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Why?" Garrik didn't know what else to say. Aside from Alice no one ever tried to help him. Especially not when it came at the cost of their own life. "No...they won't harm me...my mother...wouldn't allow it..."

"Not lost. Just getting started. " Came the cackling reply. The beast disappeared aso the flames found his skin and reappeared near the place where Yena was hidden. "I want the female. Give her to me, giant, and I will let you live."

875Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I thought so." Marisol breathed. "Let's just say... I can't have what will make me happy, so I'm living vicariously through you." She added, Garrik's chains releasing with a wave of her hand. "There's so much misery in this world, I want to avert it where and when I can."

The dragon laughed, though the sound seemed more like a distant rumble of thunder. "How kind." He remarked dryly. "I can'y say letting you live is my top priority, demon."

876Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 9:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Garrik groaned, his body slumping fully to the floor. "How do you know she is still alive? Blackbeard was pretty certain she had been drowned with the ship your prince sunk."

"You can't stop me. I am one of many working for the new maker. You may get rid of me but there will be a thousand more to come for her. You cannot save her."

877Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 9:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol nodded. "She did go down with the ship, but she isn't dead." She assured Garrik. "If she was dead, Richard would have hung you and your father, I'm afraid."

The dragon moved forward, a clawed foot coming down on the creature. "Then give your make a message from me..." His message was simply to rip the creature's gut open with a single movement. A very slow way to die.

878Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 9:45 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"My father..." Garrick grunted. "If I leave here your prince will hang him. I can't do that either.  I won't let someone else be hurt because of me."

Yena didn't usually let gory things bother her but all at once her stomach was churning. She turned and buried her face against the dragon's tail. The demons howls of pain were eating ate her insides, making her stomach feel even worse.

879Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol exhaled quietly, beginning to feel like nothing she did was ever going to help anyone. "It's your father or Alice, I can't save both of them." She replied with a heavy heart. "Just ask yourself the simple question; who loves you more?" She had purposefully worded it that way as she rose to her feet.

"You still think you are better off alone?" The dragon asked, odd familiarity in its words as it looked down at Yena now.

880Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 10:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Ok. Ok" Garrik pushed himself to his feet, steadying himself on the wall. "Just tell me what I need to do." He told her softly, not needing anymore convincing. Alice was the only person who hadn't betrayed him. Despite what his father had said.

"I'm fine." Yena muttered, still trying to fighther queasy feeling. "I was about to handle him. I don't know why you stepped in but...thank you."

881Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Sun May 22, 2016 10:08 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"There's a boat I'll lower ready for you." Marisol told him quietly. "Richard may be asleep, but the rest of the crew wont, so you'll need to be fast. I do promise to try and keep your father alive as long as I can, but you need to be gone. Richard truly isn't acting like himself and will hang you if you don't go." The moonlight haired woman glanced to the door of the brig when she heard footsteps. "There is an island where the mermaid's sometimes gather to trick sailors into stopping there. Find it, and hope they will help you more than I can."

The dragon snorted at this, causing more smoke to billow out of it's nose. "A tiny thing like you?" It sneered. "What did you hope to do, dazzle it with your pathetic excuse for magic?"

882Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 4:36 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I know about the island." Garrik said quickly. "I will be fine there. Just..take care of yourself. Ok?"

Yena rolled her eyes and snorted back. "Go away, you. I didn't ask to be insulted by a giant."

883Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 9:28 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol nodded, though was already at the door. "You too. If you don't make it... this was all for nothing." She added sadly.

"You would rather die, than be anywhere near me?" The dragon asked as his form began to shrink, the scales pulling painfully back beneath the surface of his all too human skin.

884Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"I still don't really know why you're doing this." Garrik admitted, sliding into the shadows as if he belonged there. A guard stepped into the light a moment later, frowning. "What are you doing here, girl. You know his majesty won't like it." He chided, missing the sight of the empty cage behind him. 

"You turned your back on me. Not the other way around, Auron." Yena reminded him. She kept herself several steps away from him, surprised yet somehow not by what she was seeing. "Does your King know...what you are?" She asked softly, arms wrapped around herself.

885Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 12:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"Girl?" Marisol echoed, sounding rather offended. "Tell his majesty he can still his rules up his royal ass!" She added, creating somewhat of a scene as she stomped past the guard to distract from the empty cage.

Auron snorted and sat down int he dirt. "You think he would have me guarding you if he did?" He replied. "And woman, I have had some rough jobs, but you have to be the most hard work of any of them! Do you know how to keep safe, at all?"

886Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 2:13 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Marisol had no sooner stepped onto the deck when she was approached by one of the cabin boys. He looked extremely worried. "Miss...we can't wake the prince and we ate very near mermaid waters. He told us to. Is there...something you can do?"

Yena took more interest in tearing the hem of her pants than answering him. She frowned deeply as she knelt beside him and sighed. "I'm afraid it's not in my nature." She muttered, pressing the fabric to the bleeding wound on his hip. "I'mean just trying to survive like everyone else. Thigh I'm starting to wonder why I bother."

887Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 5:32 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"What?" Marisol sounded genuinely worried. "How long has he been sleeping for?" She asked, worried that she hadn't given him the tea yet.

"It seems more like you put yourself in danger by choice." Auron grunted as she applied pressure a wound that seemed nothing when he was a dragon.

888Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Mon May 23, 2016 10:03 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"It's been an hour or more. We have banged on the cabin door but we can't hear anything inside. It's not like him to sleep that way." The cabin boy said worriedly.

"I was heading to the forest. I never once stopped and started waving my arms to let that thing know I was here. I still don't even understand what he wanted. Other than my heart. The stupid fool could have just asked." She muttered, stray hair tumbling into her eyes as she concentratedon the wound.

889Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol nodded her head at this. "Don't worry, I'll check on him." She assured the cabin boy, despite being extremely worried herself. The small mage banged on the door several times before simply using her magic to unlock the door.

"If Kane has a piece of your heart, it wont be difficult for him to find you any time he wants." Auron grunted as Yena continued to clean his wound.

890Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Richard was lying on the bed, still as death itself. A young woman was leaning over him, her eyes milky white. She touched his chest, muttering words in elven. She didn't seem to notice or care that anyone had entered the room.

Yena nodded, pressing mud to her lover's wound. Her fingers grew warm as she applied a healing spell the salve. "I would let him have the whole thing." She whispered. "It's as worthless as I am anyway. I don't know why he wants it."

891Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 6:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol was quick the gather herself and march across the room, pushing the other woman away from the prince. "Who are you and why shouldn't I kill you where you stand?!" She demanded bravely.

"What about your mate... Bear, was it?" Kane asked, the magic indeed helping. "Don't you want to give it back to him?"

892Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 6:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You cannot kill something already dead, girl." The voice that came from the small elf did not belong to her. It was a man's voice, cold and hateful. "What are you, anyway? I am not afraid of a tiny woman."

Yena cringed, wishing he hadn't brought that up. "He is dead. Otherwise your king would not have the last shard of my heart. It was all that was holding him to existence. Now...it's like he never lived at all." No matter how hard she tried to keep from it, tears streaked down her face.

893Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 6:39 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"I am his mage." Marisol replied, gesturing to Richard, though she didn't take her eyes off the strange creature. "What do you want with him?"

"You loved him." It wasn't a question, it was an observation. "Would it make you feel worse if I asked how you met?" He added, his usually gruff voice somewhat gentle now.

894Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 8:19 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Don't lie to me. My brother wouldn't get near a mage. He knew how much it upset father." The creature snorted. "The virtuous Richard never did anything to upset the old man. He was perfect after all."

"Yes." Yena pulled herself away, pulling her knees to her chest. She didn't seem to notice that she was seated in the mud. She closed her eyes tight, willing the painful memory away. 

895Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol edged closer, confused by the creature she saw before her. She had seen Alice's face whilst using her magic to locate her, so knew it wasn't the youngest sibling. "Kane?" She breathed uncertainly.

"Then I wont bring it up." Auron assured his charge simply. "Can you not make yourself forgot him?"

896Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Tue May 24, 2016 11:44 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

The elf raised an eyebrow. "So he's talked about me. I should feel honored." The thin lips twisted into a wicked smile. "I'm sure none of it was good. But you...it's not fair that you know me and I don't know you." The elven woman moved closer, circling Marisol. 

"I..." horrified, Yena, realized she hadn't been thinking about Bear very much at all. This thought only made her cry harder and louder.

897Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Wed May 25, 2016 12:09 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Marisol gave little away. She had been born into slavery, what was there left to fear? "He didn't need to speak of you, the whole kingdom talks of the humiliation your sister caused you at your coronation."

Auron groaned, not quite sure what to do. "I'm not very good with crying women..." He confessed. "As a rule dragons, or wolves, don't really cry all that much..."

898Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Wed May 25, 2016 10:34 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

This was the right...or wrong thing to say to the strange creature holding sway over the prince. The elven woman let out what could only be described as a squeal of rage and began to break things in the room. The noise was loud enough to wake the dead. Objects of every shape and size were being hurled toward Marisol. Most of them harmlessly hit the floor before they ever reached her. But finally the woman threw a heavy ornate clock. Moments before it could get near her, Richard sat up, catching the clock with a thunderous look. "We don't throw things at ladies!" He roared, surging to his feet. It would be clear only to Marisol that this was a struggle. He was fighting an enchantment. 
He grabbed for his sword and thrust it through the elf's chest before he even really knew what was going on. That done and the creature dying, he slumped to the ground, fighting to move even his fingers.

"See?!" Yena's sobs only worsened. "I can't even be a dragon right! I cried then too!" She buried her face in her hands. "I'm probably not even a real dragon! Just a giant piglet like everyone says. I don't even have wings! The dread wolf curse me! I am useless!"

899Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Wed May 25, 2016 6:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

"You idiot..." Marisol whispered as she knelt beside her prince. "Look what you've done to yourself now..." She added, taking his hand and squeezing it tightly. "I promised I would take care of you, remember?"

"Not all dragons need wings, kitten." Auron reminded Yena somewhat gently. "Perhaps you are fearsome without them?"

900Border Crossing - Page 30 Empty Re: Border Crossing Wed May 25, 2016 6:30 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"What the hell was that?!" Richard gasped out. It was a fight to even hold open his eyes. "Are you...all right?" He turned his head toward her, trying to read her facial expression. 

"Lies! I can't do anything but wallow in the mud. Oink! Oink!" She wailed, not realizing how comical she sounded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next