The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

Co-operation

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

1Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Co-operation Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

First topic message reminder :

"No. Absolutely not!" Ruby Lockhart's grey eyes were narrowed in defiance, despite the fact she was stood in her commander's office right then. "Bringing them in will only bring more questions and red tape!" She insisted, her slender fists balled up by her sides.
"This isn't a discussion, Lockhart. I have my orders, and now you have yours." The grey haired man told her, though he sounded somewhat weary, like he was all too accustomed to these childish outbursts. "You are to meet your new partner at 8pm and brief them on the case. The sooner we clear this whole mess up, the sooner I can go back to letting you do things your way, alright? Believe me, I don't want these blind fools involved anymore than you do, but this last case has made local news. We need to stop it before it goes national, or global."
Ruby's lips pursed together as she continued to scowl, seeming to be considering all this new information. There was a reason she didn't have a partner; no one could put up with her hotheaded, shoot first ask questions later attitude. It created mountains of paper work, but unfortunately she came from a long line of the divisions pure bred hunters, and her skills were... invaluable. 
"Fine!" She huffed at last. "But if this yokel ends up dead because they couldn't do what I said or panics when faced with the truth, I won't be held to blame!" Having said that, she stormed from the office, waves of dark hair swinging behind her before the door slammed shut.

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

241Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I have more than enough power of my own, ain’t got no need for any one else’s.” Jett told his friend confidently.

Ruby offered him a smile that was all too sad. She couldn’t tell him, more or less a stranger, the truth when even Tobias didn’t know. “I’ve never met a norm who wasn’t instantly in love with any fae he met.” She finally replied.

242Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Pigpen held out his hand. "Then give her to us. We could use a little power." Jett's other friend moved up behind him, a knife in hand. 

"Love is something worse than a farie tale. I have no interest in it." Red said, making a face.

243Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett didn’t need to turn to know there was someone behind him. “So that’s how it is? All these years I’ve saved your collective asses, and now you’re attempting to stab me in the back for second hand demon power?”

“What happened?” Ruby asked curiously. She had honestly never really addressed the thought of love, genuinely thinking what she and Tobias had didn’t go beyond lust.

244Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"this power can open doors." Pigpen said darkly. "I'd hardly call that second hand." His eyes had gone completely dark. "Your sister stood in my way last time and she paid..." 
"You bastard!" Piper dove over Jett and jumped on pigpen's back. The enormous man stumbled backward and slammed her into the wall. "Awake or not. Makes no difference to me!"

"Long story." Red shrugged, looking away for a long moment.

245Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett rarely used his magic when his fists could do the same damage, but this time he simply saw red. A bright blue shot of energy surged at Pigpen when he saw the other man slam Piper into the wall. “My sister has nothing to do with any of this!” He growled.

“Doesn’t have to be.” Ruby pointed out, though she too glanced away to take another sip of her drink.

246Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's where you're wrong." Pigpen chuckled. "Someone had to save her when you were off screwing half the town." 
Piper slid down the wall, agony tearing into her. What happened to Ruby was her fault. All of this was her fault. 

"My wife was murdered. On our wedding night. Some guy just came up to the car and shot her in head. Wheres the love and fairy tale in that?" Red asked softly.

247Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett faltered in his anger somewhat, his mind too afraid to follow The conclusion Pigpen was leading him to. “Save her from what? Vanity?” He growled, trying to mask his fear behind nonchalant bravado now.

Ruby instantly regretted asking. “Red... I’m sorry... I... I shouldn’t have asked.” She breathed, reaching out and placing a hand over his to gently console him.

248Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:25 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"From us." Pigpen turned and grabbed Piper around the neck lifting her off the floor. "I want power. Her power. We will rise above. No fool like you or your whore sister will stop us." He yanked up her skirt, pushing her legs apart in front of the entire bar.

Red looked down at the hand that covered his own. "Now you know why they sent me. I don't have anything to believe in."

249Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

This was no longer Jett’s childhood friend. This was a monster, and killing monsters was the only thing he was any good at. As the entire bar looked on, Jett’s bare fingers dug under Pigpen’s ribs. Through the flesh until he was gripping bone, and then he pulled, easily breaking the first ribs he touched. 

“Believing isn’t a nessecity.” Ruby breathed. “I don’t believe there is any good left in the world, but Piper loves to tell me differently.”

250Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:44 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper's eyes never leave Jett's. She trusted him completely. Pigpen was so mad with power he didn't stir. He continued what he was doing, cruedly yanking off his belt. 
Austin reacted as well. He kept the other man from stabbing Jett, tossing him across the room. 

"Piper nearly got us all killed." Red sighed. "I'm sure your boyfriend would agree with that wouldn't he?"

251Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett’s own cerulean gaze was simply filled with rage now. He had been mad that Austin was putting the moves on Piper, but what Pigpen was trying to do was unforgivable. Like his twin sister, Jett’s magic was also not entirely under control, and was prone to emotional outbursts. Unlike his sister however, his had never caused news worthy disasters through the ages. His bloody fingers were on the other man’s head now, giving a sharp twist that ended with a sickening snap. The rage still wasn’t over however. Soon the entire bar was a mass of brown glass and fire. Jett couldn’t pull himself from this raw fury, even though he was now the one putting Piper in danger.

“I don’t think he agrees with anything Piper says...” Ruby murmured, not really thinking that she had just agreed with Tobias being her boyfriend.

252Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:32 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper found herself landing hard on the floor, gasping for air. She had shards of glass in her skin from Jett's explosion of rage. But none of that was going to stop her. Determinedly she got to her feet and moved toward the man she truly loved. She took his face in her hands and pressed her lips to his, hoping that her love was enough to save him.

"We have to go." Tobias was at their table before Red even realized it. Though it didn't really surprise him for some reason. "Your brother snapped and went off on his friends. Not to mention he's burning down Piper's bar. With her in it." He said all this with a mouthful of sandwich that he'd helped himself to off the table.

253Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It took a moment, but Jett’s powerful arms were soon hugged around Piper, holding her close as he buried his face into her sweet smelling hair. He hated this side of himself, that he couldn’t control all this power and there were people like Pigpen begging for even more power than this.

Ruby glanced up at Tobias, then a moment later her grey eyes were narrowed at him. “How long have you been in here?” She finally asked. The fae had a charm on the entire building, preventing any magic but their own, which was how Ruby knew Tobias hadn’t just appeared, like he usually did.

254Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:27 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper returned the hug as tightly as she dared. "You are okay..." She breathed against his chest. "Stay with me. Don't lose yourself like Ruby...it scares me...." The fire rated around them but she had yet to notice. She just wanted to make sure he'd be all right.

"Marianette serves me coffee every day. I was in here before you. I can't help that you two were too busy fawning over each other to notice me." Tobi snapped. "We can talk about that later. Your brother needs you right now."

255Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:28 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett finally took in a shuddering breath as he came back to his senses. “I’m sorry... I should never have let him anywhere near you...” He whispered, still thinking he had failed Piper by letting Pigpen touch her.

Tobias was most likely only too aware that he had just said the very wrong thing to his hot tempered lover. “Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that me not having a penis means I can’t have male friends without wanting to jump their bones!” She told him fiercely as she rose to her feet.

256Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Pigpen told Ruby when we were in highschool what he planned to do to me. He...she knew then what he was... He had me cornered in the boiler room..." The smoke was getting into Piper's lungs but she couldn't stop herself from gasping it in. She had to tell him now before she lost her nerve. "Ruby did what she always does...she...stood up to the bully. He...beat her and raped her...and...he used a spell to keep me from moving. I couldn't go get you or a teacher...or do anything....I..." Her slender shoulders shook and she sucked in yet more of the toxic air. "Ruby just swore to kill him. Told him she'd rip him to...I'm sorry, Jett. She made me swear. I wouldn't tell you!"

Tobias' head went back in a defiance of his own. "Are you done? Your brother...your bubble headed friend. Fire. Remember?" He snapped. "I don't care if they live or die. You do know that. Right?"

257Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:09 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett’s only reaction seemed to be to squeeze Piper suddenly tightly, though he was looking down at Pigpen’s lifeless body. He knew how Ruby was going to react to this. Suddenly everything he had seen her do, every way she had shut him out made sense, and he had robbed her of her revenge. He would fix this. He was going to make sure Piper was safe, then he was going to be the brother he had failed to be all these years. “It’s okay. Ruby was protecting you, when I couldn’t.” He breathed. “I’m taking you to my place, it isn’t safe for you anywhere else any more.”

Ruby’s lower lip quivered for only a moment before she bit down on it. “Yeah, why care about anyone else but yourself? That would be me asking too much of you, asshole.” She spat almost tearfully as she shoved past him and headed for the door, not even looking if Red was behind her. The young woman would have no idea that her deepest, darkest secret had just been set free, and that the one thing she wanted most in the world had just been robbed from her.

258Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Eeriely Austin was watching them through the fire. He was smiling because he knew this was only going to get worse for them. All of them. 
"No. I want to stay in my ho..." Piper's knees buckled and her vision swayed, the toxic air finally too much for her. 
It was probably for the best. That way she wouldn't see that her house was on fire as well. 

Tobias followed behind Red who was having to jog to catch up to Ruby. "Why are you letting him get to you like that?" Red asked gently. "You should be flattered he's so territorial over you. That means he really loves you."

259Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett wasted no time in getting Piper to his own apartment. Unlike Ruby’s, his was in the part of town that was hidden from most by the veil that protected the magical inhabitants. He laid Piper on his bed and gently removed her soot damaged clothes before dropping one of his shirts over her head. He was even kind enough to try and do it with his eyes closed. However, this all meant there would be nothing of him or Piper to find at the bar by the time Ruby arrived.

“Territorial? Like I am something to be owned?” Ruby asked thinly as she continued to walk. “I’m a big girl, I don’t need any asshole thinking he needs to fight my battles for me.” She added, something she had often insisted since her assault at the hands of Pigpen. It had left her feeling weak and useless.

260Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper curled into the shirt and buried herself deep in the blankets. She was safe. After a few minutes there was nothing to see but a few strands of her crimson hair.

"I didn't mean it the way it sounded." Red said softly. "I just meant that he loves you enough to fight for you. You're lucky. That doesn't happen often."

261Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett was slumped in the couch in the living room, simply staring up at the ceiling. He felt like the worlds worst idiot. His own friend had raced his twin, many years ago... and he had had no idea. Not only that, the same man had tried to violate Piper, and he had lost control. Just like his sister, Jett hated not being in control.

“I was sixteen the last time I needed protecting from anything.” Ruby replied, her icy walls back in place. “I certainly don’t need it now.”

262Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

During the night Piper woke just enough to crawl into Jett's lap. She brought a blanket with her and rested her head on his chest, drifting back into an easy slumber.

Red just nodded, looking at the burning bar. "I'm going to go find Piper and see if there's any survivors."

263Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:59 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Jett’s restless slumber had seemed to ease somewhat once Piper was lay against him. He breathed her in and returned to his dreams, never knowing there were currently people searching for the both of them.

“That useless...good for nothing...argh!!!” Ruby shouted at the smoke filled street when she realised her brother was in serious trouble.

264Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper remembered this from when they were kids. She'd crawled into his bed since they were very small, much to the chagrin of her Gran. "I love you, Jett..." She breathed, not thinking he could hear her.

Tobias didn't move to help them. He was more than hoping the norm would die in the fire. Humans were so breakable. He was enjoying this.

265Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“You never were that bright...” Jet breathed in reply, though his fingers gently smoothed through her hair.

Ruby saw her lover standing there, that sick smirk on lips she’d taken much pleasure from in the past. “You’re fucking sick.” She hissed. “That’s not just my brother in there, he’s my twin! That’s a part of me trapped and dying!” She added, shoving him roughly before she too ran into the flaming building.

266Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Piper woke up alone in the bed, not at all where she'd dreamed. For a few minutes she would miss what was happening with Jett. 
Aren had arrived, enraged over the loss of the bar and the gypsy home. The elf was screaming, beyond enraged.

Tobias whispered a protection spell to follow her, not that her believed it would be enough. Spells, armor, even his own body. None of it was ever enough. He was hoped the norm could do what he could not.

267Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“He was going to rape her!” Jett was shouting defensively. “I can’t help what happened!” Heis insisted.

Ruby could barely breathe there was so much smoke. She was coughing and screaming her brother’s name, cursing all the things she was going to do to him once this was over. She couldn’t be expected to remember that she had once been burned alive as a witch.

268Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"why do I even supply you and your sister with guns? You're just going to murder innocents with the wave of your hand! And you could help it! You could have and should have called for back up. Now, hand over the gypsy." Aren demanded.

Red didn't know he how managed to get Ruby and himself out of the burning bar as it collapsed. All he knew was that he was lying on the ground and Tobias was lifting Ruby into his arms and walking away with her. The last thing he saw was a woman who looked mysteriously like the one he'd loved and lost...

269Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:12 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“No.” Jett replied simply, folding his powerful arms across his chest. “You talk of innocents, then allow Piper to suffer at the hands of demons and deviants!”

Ruby had panicked inside the burning building. She couldn’t explain why fire had always terrified her, only she hadn’t really thought about that as she had gone running head first to save her brother and Piper. Once again she had indeed needed to be saved by others, despite her claims otherwise.
Cool fingers brushed Red’s cheek gently, though there was no one there. A soft voice told him he needed to turn his back on this world, it was no place for him if he wished to remain living.

270Co-operation - Page 9 Empty Re: Co-operation Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"The gypsy needs to be contained. I'm tired of trying to make excuses to the Order for her. The girl has no real power on her own. She is a booster and a conduit... You must see it!" Aren roared.

Tobias saw the spirit hanging over Red and smiled. It was going to be much easier to get rid of him than he'd hoped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum