The Umbrella Files
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil

You are not connected. Please login or register

End of Watch

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 34]

1End of Watch - Page 24 Empty End of Watch Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Judas Carmichael hated rain. He also hated the orc that stood in groups across the street from him. It didn't help that his partner belonged to the same social class as they did. It also didn't help that the orc group hated his partner. 
They were throwing up gang signs behind the other man's back, pretending to shoot at him and it wasn't the first or the last time they would do it. 
"Hey, Ruvik!" He barked, finally tired of standing in one place while the other man decided whether he wanted an orc burger or a bronto thigh. Both smelled like death. "Today, please! Geez, I swear four elves have died in the time it's taking you to decide on that garbage."

691End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lillian sighed heavily, this event was becoming an all too common occurrence since Talon had adopted his pet. He would spend all day ‘teaching’ Viola at the shop, then come home to Lillian too exhausted to so much as hold a lengthy conversation, never mind anything else. 
In her bedroom Viola was oblivious to the problems she had been unknowingly creating between Talon and the woman he had most likely planned to spent the rest of his life with. Using some of the money she had earned helping out at the store, the young elf had bought herself a tablet to pass the time she spent in her room. Usually she just watched movies on it, a little too intimidated to watch the tv in the living room with Lillian round. Tonight, however, she was reading all about the ‘shield of light’, trying to understand why Talon had gotten so mad with her. 

“I’m an orc.” Darbok replied, as though that explained it all. “Life expectancy for my kind isn’t exactly high in this city.” He pointed out. “But... maybe it will help to talk about who you lost? Who took him from you?”

https://umbrellafiles.forumotion.co.uk

692End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Sheild of light had started out of necessity. It had basically consisted of humans trying to fight the terrible reign of the dark lord. Those Brights who had hurt by the dark lord banned together under the direction of an orc named Jirak and together they saved the world. Over the last thirty years the name of the Shield group became soiled when a man claiming to be their leader forced the brand on his wife and son and nearly four dozen innocent humans. His wife had finally had enough and murdered them both, leaving the sheild leaderless. That was until the last five years when it was rumored that a new one had come up and was leading things out out of a tattoo shop.

Molly shook her head. Talking had done nothing but ruin her life. "You're here to talk to Ivy. I just...I live here..."

693End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola had also come across an old and obscure reference to the shield once being protectors of a family, until the war. It was all making her head hurt, and when she saw a tattoo shop mentioned, she felt like Talon was intentionally shutting her out.

“I can’t talk to both of you?” Darbok asked with a gentle smile.

694End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:43 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

There were things about himself that Talking kept from everyone. Even Lillian didn't know everything, though he doubted she cared anyway. 
Talking didn't sleep long. He woke on the couch, his back aching and sweating from a nightmare. He couldn't remember the last time he'd actually rested.

"Does Ivy know about you?" Molly asked, returning to her blanket and the TV. "Does she know you're more important than you pretend not to be? Have you told her you run the Fogteeth?"

695End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Lillian had returned to their bedroom some time ago, leaving Talon sleeping on the couch.
Viola was often most active when she believed the other two people in the house to be sleeping. The small woman was currently in the kitchen in her pyjamas, standing on one of the kitchen chairs trying to reach the tin of hot chocolate on the top shelf of one of the cupboards.

Darbok’s eyes grew suddenly wide and he glanced to the kitchen to see if Ivy had over heard. “Where do you get an idea like that?” He hissed, gesturing that she lower her voice.

696End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Talon caught Viola seconds before she fell, the chair already skidding across the floor. "What in the world are you doing, little bit?" He asked her, his eyes locked on hers.

Molly sat up and reached over, pulling up the arm of his shirt. Her fingers traced the tattoo that all but told his status. "I'm not as stupid as people think."

697End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:13 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola had squeaked when Talon caught her, having prepared herself to hit the hard tiles of the kitchen floor. “I have trouble sleeping, a mug of hot cocoa usually helps... but someone moved it to someplace I couldn’t reach.” She breathed, though she knew without a doubt Lillian had done it. 

“Hey, I never said you were stupid.” Darbok breathed, allowing Molly’s small fingers to trace the tattoo. “I just didn’t think most humans cared. Well, apart from the one who gave me the tattoo.”

698End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:14 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"That's weird. I always keep those one the bottom shelf by the coffee." Talon remarked, dismissing the dakr thought that Lillian would do something to harm her.

"My boyfriend was an orc. And before you say anything, we knew it was wrong. But we didn't agree. It's a big part of the reason he was murdered. It was...it  was all my fault." Molly explained, staring at the carpet.

699End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:45 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“I know.” Viola agreed, a somewhat sad tone to her voice. “Next to the tin with the cookies in it.” She added, offering a warm smile. She knew Lillian didn’t want her thought, and didn’t really blame the other woman.

“Did you shoot him?” Darbok asked bluntly when Molly confessed this to him. “And let me guess, and elf told you it was wrong?”

700End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"You found my cookies?!" Talon whined, pretending to be overly upset. "Lillian would kill me if she knew. She put us on a diet a few weeks ago."

"I didn't shoot him, but I might as well have." Molly whispered. It took her a little more than an hour to tell Darbok a shortened version of her story, leaving out the pregnancy.

701End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:07 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“A diet?” Viola asked with a frown, poking a finger into the hard muscle of Talon’s abdomen. “For what?

Darbok didn’t breathe a word until Molly was done, and even then he simply reached out and placed a hand on her knee, ensuring the blanket remained between them. “So now you’re going to tell me the part that was your fault, right?”

702End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"She said since you got here and stared feeding me all that sugar, I've gained fifty pounds." He chuckled at the thought, remembering how mad Lillian had gotten when he'd laughed at her.

"I should have been brave. I should have pushed harder. I should never have let it go that far." Molly sighed. "It's all my fault and that bastard knows it. When he finds me he'll taunt me with it."

703End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:54 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“She thinks I’m making you sweeter?” Viola asked with an amused smirk as she tucked some of her amethyst hair behind one of her ears.

“Bullshit.” Darbok told Molly bluntly, seeming a different person to the meek persona he had used around Ivy. “You want to get stronger? Fine, I accept that, but don’t blame yourself for something you had no control over. Elves are sneaky sons of bitches, they can never win a fair fight.”

704End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Im not the one with that issue." Talon teased, thumping her on the nose. "If you get any sweeter Im going to have diabetes!" He laughed, reaching out to tickle her under the ribs. He wasn't sure how it happened or who initiated it but he soon found his lips on hers, his fingers buried deep in her hair.

"I appreciate your encouragement but you weren't there. I could have pushed the door harder or I could have used something to knock him out. I failed Ruvik. Just like....nevermind."

705End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

It had been over half a year now since Judas had left Viola broken and crying in the middle of the road. The young elf had sworn she would never trust again, so how had this even happened? Viola was kissing Talon with a burning hunger before suddenly her hands pressed against his chest and she backed away. “I’m sorry... I shouldn’t have done that.” She whispered, believing herself to have been the one to force herself on the tall human. Despite her protest... she hadn’t fled.

“No, no never mind.” Darbok pressed. “It must’ve been important if you thought about it?” He added, his hand still resting gently against Molly’s knee. “You said Ruvik was shot, how were you supposed to stop that? You said it yourself, you were unarmed.”

706End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 am

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"No it was me." Talon whispered. "I'm no better than anyone else. I basically forced myself on you." He shoved his fingers through his hair. 

Molly buried her face in her hands, her shoulders shaking. "It should have been me! I should have been stronger." She didn't know what she was doing but she soon found herself crying on the enormous orc's shoulder.

707End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 am

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola watched his fingers, all too aware that she had been longer to push her own through that dark hair of his for some time now. He belonged to someone else, she shouldn’t be thinking like this. “No, it was all my fault. I’m a horrible person!” She insisted, not seeming to realise that since she had 
Rested her hands against Talon’s chest to prey their lips apart, she hadn’t actually removed her hands. 

Darbok was quite to gently slide his arms around Molly as she sobbed. His chin resting lightly on the top of her head. “Then take the chance to get stronger.” He breathed. “Honour Ruvik’s memory, and kill the son of a bitch who IS responsible for his death. Don’t sit there and wallow.”

708End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Talon sighed deeply, "I  don't know what I was thinking. It was a heat of the moment thing and if Lil finds out I will lose her too. I'm such an idiot."

"It not as easy as you think." Molly said but didn't elaborate. "There are factors..."

709End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:43 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Then she won’t find out.” Viola promised softly. “I would never do something that would make you unhappy.”

“Then start with the first one.” Darbok replied with a shrug.

710End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

Talon sighed again. "I need a beer." He  hated that he had let his emotions get the better of him. He'd ruined their friendship. 

"You go hang out with Ivy and don't tell me what to do." Molly said firmly.

711End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Here, let me.” Viola breathed, thinking she was the one who had ruined things. The small woman slipped away from Talon and opened the fridge, though she was struggling with the bottle opener.

“Anyone ever tell you, you’re kind of a bitch?” Darbok snorted as he did finally head for the kitchen. Of course he didn’t mean it, he was simply trying to rile Molly up.

712End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"little bit, stop." Talon put his hands over hers. "You didn't do anything. Stop trying to take the blame yourself. Is that what Judas did to you?"

Molly sighed, hating herself for betraying Ruvik. She felt even worse for crying in front of a perfect stranger. Maybe it was time she moved on before she revealed her secret without even meaning to.

713End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:10 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola’s eyes shot up, the beer bottle smashing on the floor as she suddenly let go of it. That was exactly what his last words to her had been. “How did you...” 

Darbok found Ivy in the kitchen, and made an excuse why he couldn’t stop any longer. He was soon crossing back through the living room, smiling at Molly as he went. “ Anne next time I’ll just kidnap you and force feed you bagels.” He teased.

714End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"lucky guess." Talon said softly. "You wouldn't be acting this way if he hadn't made you feel that way." 

Molly didn't answer. There wasn't going to be a next time. She was leaving. For ivys safety as well as that of the child she carried. She had no choice.

715End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:20 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola seemed frozen in place with her hands still in Talon’s muchbkarger one. “He still works down at the precinct... I was worried you may have seen him there.” She managed to breathe.

Ivy has made the smart choice not to blame Molly for the way Darbok felt, and flopped down onto the couch next to her roommate. “Popcorn?” She asked cheerfully while watching the screen.

716End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:12 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"Is that why you won't go with me? Who is he?" Talon asked. He wanted to beat the man to death, not that his face would show anything.

"No. Ivy...I'm moving out tonight. I'll pay the rest of the months rent but...I really have to go.  " Molly said softly.

717End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:27 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

Viola tried to swallow the dry lump in her throat and nodded her head. “He blames me for something someone else did. He thinks what happened to me was all my fault.” She whispered. “I don’t think he ever loved me, I think he was just wanted to see what it was like to fuck and elf...”suddenly her already large eyes grew a little wider, realising what she had finally allowed to slip out.

Ivy stares at Molly wide eyed, not sure where this had come from. “Was it Darbok, is he pressuring you?!” She demanded, the Popcorn bowl slipping to the floor with a soft thud.

718End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:31 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"what did you say?" Talon asked, frowning at her. He wasn't even sure he'd heard her right.

"What? No. Darbok is fine. I just...I need to give you some space..." Molly whispered, poking at the popcorn with her toe.

719End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:52 pm

ZombeeGurl

ZombeeGurl
Admin

“Uhh...” Viola knew she was simply staring up at Talon for longer than was normal. “I don’t think he ever loved me?” She finally offered somewhat meekly.

“Space for what?” Ivy asked, certain she was about to cry. “Is it me? I’m being too needy, aren’t I?” She added as she choked back a sob.

720End of Watch - Page 24 Empty Re: End of Watch Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:53 pm

mjrahabim

mjrahabim
Admin

"liar." Talon said softly, walking off. He'd never been unkind to her and wasn't really being that way now. 

"I'm pregnant." Molly said softly, almost in tears herself. "Im sorry. I can't tell you...I don't want to say more. I'm scared...and you're not needy..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next